Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PowerBox Royal SRS (Set up Vids)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PowerBox Royal SRS (Set up Vids)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:08 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the video Alex
(just ordered a Royal SRS)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:14 PM
dboyle
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Futaba folks who can assist with initial setup of the 18mz using two 7008rx in a royal SRS?

i seem to have an issue having the radio recognize the rx and power box.

set tx/rx to sbus in PB
Hmmmmmmm

not a hole lot in the book for slower learners. Lol

thanks for any help
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM
rc4flying
My Feedback: (21)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Doug,

First, you need to set the RX's to mode B to be able to use S Bus. Check the radio instructions on how to do this on pages 25 and 26.

Than in the PowerBox Unit, you need to have "Dig On" set to the On position. This is done when you are selection RX types. You want S Bus than "Dig On". Dig on = Digital On. This is to allow the digital signal to work with S Bus
Old 07-31-2014, 02:13 AM
skywarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
This was the set up on my Viperjet using two 7008 Rx .
Having set the P/Box to S Bus the next stage was to get the Tx to recognise the Rx's Rx one does channels 1-7 and rx two does channels 9-15 .

I had to bind each using the binding mode on the FX 32 ( Robbe version of the 12 Fg software but transmits Faastest 18 channel for telemetry and has some better software features plus a handbook which is re written that one can understand straight away). I needed to bind rx one marked as shown with a lable as the first rx and the rx two as the second. This is done by holding down the bind button on the rx and waiting for the required number of flashes from the rx light. In this case two flashes for rx 1 and four for rx 2. This should now give you 18 channels to play with.Then its time to read through the P/Box Royal handbook.
I was shown by a flying friend Archie how to set up the Royal manually (not using the assistant) as you can find yourself using heading hold by default which is not good if you dont want it. Anyhow this worked for my tired old brain and I enclose a couple of shots to show the above.

By the way the rx plug to use is the vertical one marked S BUS with an 8 over it. The other lead in red is an S Bus lead to a junction box from which i feed telemtry for fuel and speed readouts whilst flying.

Regards

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1239.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	2018774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1240.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	2018775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1241.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2018776  

Last edited by skywarrior; 07-31-2014 at 02:19 AM.