Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What do you think of the new site

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What do you think of the new site

Old 08-10-2013, 04:50 PM
fred985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it does to suck. where is the old most popular thingy thatwas always there when i logged in. nowit says the heartbeat ,,,,most popular or most activein the last 24 hours but how in h--l can hyou get to it ??????
Old 08-10-2013, 04:52 PM
fred985

andit is very hard to get around on. the old way was betterand i never had any trouble with it.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 PM
davidgeorge212

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
Is anyone getting any email notifications when a post is made in a subscribed thread? I'm not getting anything.

Then again, that might be because, at this point in the, ahem, "upgrade", nothing is going on...
I have never subscibed to any thread on RCU and now all of a sudden my inbox is just flooding over with rcu subscriptions where i have posted in the past. How do I stop this? absolutely do not like the new site. it doesnt look like anyone else is either. And now for some reason I cant seemed to stay logged in on my tablet pc. Every time i want to post in a thread, it redirects me to the login screen. then after it logs me in, I got to find my way back to the forum ioriginally wanted to post in. just when i tyought thos s8ght coupdnt get any worse.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:10 PM
jessiej

I suppose I could get used to it, after all got used to having one eye. I have to ask myself though if I want to spend time "getting used" to something ir could I spend that time doing something more enjoyable ore even useful?

Maybe later

Jess
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 PM
weazel1

hate it
Old 08-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Pepperpete

RC Groups for example is a superior layed out site. Easy to navigate. Easy to post. PM's are simple. It's a PLEASURE to use. This new layout is complete bunk.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i have heard a rumor that the owners of RCU, internet brands, are also owners of V Bulletin, so chances of ever returning to the old software are probably non existent. we are stuck with this abomination for ever.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

The colors are to weak, needs more ink in here man, other than that, I will have to see.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 PM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they resolve the logged in/out issues soon. It's a very irritating problem.
Generally I find the new forum really a step backwards instead.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:47 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy300
It's terrible.

Login issues. Why should I have to clear cookies. RCU put it there in the first place yet they can't replace it after the first login. BS.

I have to scroll half way down the page before I even get to the forum postings.

The user box when finally logged in takes up way too much space.

The default text size in the postings and forum listing is way way too small.

And the Facebook colours suck.

Heartbeat threads where?

I always enjoyed seeing whose online at the top of the forum.

The old RCU always had the best layout for ease of use and READABILITY? I can not stress this enough. READABILITY. Looks like utter crap on tablets and mobiles. I guess they want everyone using this site with only a 21 inch monitor.

It's obvious Internet Brands do not care about this site. There was not enough testing done before rollout. I'm an engineer and if I rolled out a new machine with this many problems I would promptly be fired.

NO EXCUSES!

I could go on but I'll probably get banned.
+10!!! You hit the nail right on the head.....
Old 08-11-2013, 02:59 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Difficult to tell what's fresh since my last login. Btw, WHY MUST I LOG IN EVERY TIME?
Old 08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
JustJets
My Feedback: (15)

Took a perfectly good system and completely ruined it. Most likely the Map's guy from Apple help out here!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

test

what a mess... this is the first post to work since they started this mess...

pics work half the time, it's a mess for me
Old 08-11-2013, 09:04 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by mongo
i have heard a rumor that the owners of RCU, internet brands, are also owners of V Bulletin, so chances of ever returning to the old software are probably non existent. we are stuck with this abomination for ever.
Indeed this is correct which begs the question.... Why are there so many issues?

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with vbulletin itself as the data has come over ok (mostly). Why they are not using the latest version of their own software is intriguing though.

I think the main problem is they are trying to integrate the old part of rcu with the advertising section etc with the new part (ie the new forums), but this new forum has it's own control panel and user database, which is separate to the forum control panel and forum user database. They are somehow authenticating you to the forum using the login from the old RCU site which is why the problems with the cookies and staying logged in and going round and round in circles etc. You can't log out, as the system doesn't know which section your logging out from the old rcu or the forum.

It's really beyond a joke that they have stuffed this up this badly and are still going forward with it. The cancelled the upgrade two weekends in a row, maby they needed a bit more testing. The only way they are going to solve this mess is to roll back to the old forum, or make the new forum standalone and let us get on with things like you can with every other vbulletin forum out there.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:06 PM
gkclrk62

Angry No email forum posts either

Ever since the "upgrade" went into effect I have not recieved a single email update or new post to any of the forums that I have subsrcibed to. In the old forum I would get at least 10-20 a day. Now nothing at all, Zip, Nada, Empty ! I have done all the cookie clearing & cleaning and done all that others have said that I need to do and triple checked all of my settings, but still have not recieved a sinlge email. Not even in my spam or blocked folders. I use Firfox ver.23 and even tried it on IE8 and still nothing. I am at a loss at to what to do, except give it a few more dys and then give up and go elsewhere.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gkclrk62
Ever since the "upgrade" went into effect I have not recieved a single email update or new post to any of the forums that I have subsrcibed to. In the old forum I would get at least 10-20 a day. Now nothing at all, Zip, Nada, Empty ! I have done all the cookie clearing & cleaning and done all that others have said that I need to do and triple checked all of my settings, but still have not recieved a sinlge email. Not even in my spam or blocked folders. I use Firfox ver.23 and even tried it on IE8 and still nothing. I am at a loss at to what to do, except give it a few more dys and then give up and go elsewhere.
OK The tech boys screwed this up for some of us, me included. The fix is simple.

When you see the list of threads in RC Jets at the top there is a blue banner which has RC Jets at the left, scan across to you see Forum Tools, click on this, There is a subscribe option, click on this and you should be in business.

If it still does not work for you please report as a bug using the link right at the top of the page. It is hard to see the link as it is blue on green. Slapped wrist for somebody.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Ron101

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way I can post is by deleting my cookies, close the browser, and log back in

I can then post and see pictures for a bit until it all decides to not work.... I'm having no issues on other websites

hope they can sort it out
Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Still keeps sucking.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM
LGM Graphix

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

what probably bothers me the most, is when I click "Sign in", it just signs me in without my needing to enter any information, even after having cleared cookies. But I can't log out. So I don't actually need to sign in to sign in, but I need to sign in to do anything, (does that make any sense?) Glad the dreamworks forum is trouble free!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Thumbs down

Complete garbage. I can barely get through the login mess. How can anyone enjoy something like this.

I sure hope they get cracking on the fix for this place.

There is a major drop to the number of people online.

Seems like they have given up. Have not seen any improvement at all.

Please fix our forum so we can enjoy it like we once were able to.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm beginning to like it! In time, I think the old format will be a distant memory.

Lewis
Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks !!!!! Now i have a banner asking me to log out and log back in again requested by administer Bob

Last edited by uncljoe; 08-12-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:47 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I had hoped it would of been a carbon copy of the old forums (as far as layout, colors, etc etc etc) on a new software format... and then we got this....... needless to say is very Blah, log-in/out is frustrating at all times, random emails about thread subscriptions that I really never wanted to subscribe to b/c I only ever made one post in that thread.. Horribly small pictures and horrible picture quality..

over-all, the only decent thing about the upgrade is the site is actually semi-working on a regular basis and seems to be slightly faster than the old format.. otherwise, it sucks!
Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

This morning, it took me right to RC Jets on the second time I logged in. Now this after noon I had to jump through the same hoops I have had to do for the last week, namely sign in, hit my forums twice then scroll to RC Jets. Actually I had to do it twice as I thought I was logged in, WRONG had to sign in again. It said I was not allowed to post as I wasn't signed in.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the new announcement regarding the log out. I just logged out, then logged back in and it now works like it's supposed to. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy tablet. I tested again by closing the browser and then going to Jets forum from a bookmark and I was logged in properly, as expected. I think they fixed it!!!

I like the new look, but what I also did was edit my settings and got rid of everyone's signature and crap and the threads look normal again with a whole lot less white space.

Dan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.