RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ripmax Xcalibur Sports jet

Old 02-18-2019, 10:04 PM
Dave Wilshere

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tone

The horns screw on with self tapping screws, there is a half moon plywood plate in all surfaces. The small looking PK screws are used to screw them on and are more than adequate proved by hundreds of flights. If you iron the film before installing you can see the ply outline
Old 02-18-2019, 11:49 PM
Agrav8ed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere View Post
Tone

The horns screw on with self tapping screws, there is a half moon plywood plate in all surfaces. The small looking PK screws are used to screw them on and are more than adequate proved by hundreds of flights. If you iron the film before installing you can see the ply outline
Thanks for the update Dave. I see the half moon plate and that what I screwed into. I just assumed that half moon plate would be solid or that the control horns would be through bolted.
thanks,
Tone
Old 02-19-2019, 12:54 AM
SJN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The inspectors here wont sign off on the jet here if I only screw them on from one side, that is for sure, even if I tell them it works fine everywhere else :-)

I also bought mine from Lindinger, and a friend also, and we are both missing our 3 mm control clevises. Are they included in your kit ?

Old 02-19-2019, 07:08 AM
SJN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Got my Jet-A1 main retracts today from https://www.jautsch.de/ , so Now I can begin the install.
Im using the original ripmax nosegear. They will be installed in original CYS R2090 retract units :-)

They are 2mm too wide , so I had to dremel out the bays width. The nose gear also has a centering pin, that I had to make room for.
I have removed the original steering system, and have ordered a normal metal horn with 6mm hole in it to fin on the nose leg connecting pin.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Agrav8ed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by SJN View Post
The inspectors here wont sign off on the jet here if I only screw them on from one side, that is for sure, even if I tell them it works fine everywhere else :-)

I also bought mine from Lindinger, and a friend also, and we are both missing our 3 mm control clevises. Are they included in your kit ?

I am worried about the same thing. I thought the hardwood half moon block would at least be solid. I may make and add a backplate and through bolt mine anyway.

My kit did not come with the 3mm clevis either. I contacted Lindinger and they sent me some threaded 3mm rod and ball links.
thanks,
Tone

Last edited by Agrav8ed; 02-19-2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-19-2019, 10:24 AM
SJN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That was nice of them :-)
I just bought some at the local hobby shop.

Got my flap/airbrake done.
With the right tools on hand its easy

Man....these big images are annoying.....is there a way to get them to show as thumbnails like before ?

Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Agrav8ed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Led's

Got called off today so I decided to add some super bright ledo's from Booma rc. The run off of straight lipo up to 3 cell. The are WAAAAAY brighter than I thought they would be.
Tone