Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Good report for Fly Eagle Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Good report for Fly Eagle Jets

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good report for Fly Eagle Jets

Ok I know there's lots of turmoil out there with Fly Eagle Jets but I just want to say that I broke a part on my F-16 gear and after an email with a picture of the broken part sent to Johnny, the part has been shipped to me. I couldn't be happier with the customer service that I've gotten.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So the part fits.... ?
Old 08-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool,

I also want to give a shout-out to my local grocer. I went in there with a shopping list, put the stuff on the list in my basket, went to the counter and the guy rang it up and took my money! I couldn't be happier or more impressed with that kind of above-and-beyond service!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:06 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It is so nice when a company returns emails!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Pepperpete

Is this a joke? It's a joke right? Here you have Skymaster going above and beyond to show and prove thier new F-14 is beyond up to snuff...and someone decides to post a huge "OMG FEJ ROCKSORZ" thread because they returned an email and got you a part for something that broke?

Last edited by Pepperpete; 08-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Cool,

I also want to give a shout-out to my local grocer. I went in there with a shopping list, put the stuff on the list in my basket, went to the counter and the guy rang it up and took my money! I couldn't be happier or more impressed with that kind of above-and-beyond service!

Shaun,

I'm surprised at your response. I only know you to be a class act. I personally,and know of 3 recent episodes of another manufacturer's,who has been lauded here,have experienced an airframe come apart,due to faulty manufacturing.

I'm very aware of the recent failures suffered by Dantley,and Boli's extraordinary save,but ridiculing someone for posting a positive experience isn't very cool. I'm very close to maidening a big FEJ F-16,and I will objectively report the results. Anyone who knows me,knows I am not easy on the equipment. FWIW,I have received substantial support from James,Nir,and FEJ overall. I know them to be good,reasonable men,and never waited for a response.

My project is a 1/5.5 F-16,pre-honeycomb,built by a well known pro builder. It has been reinforced. P-200 power. I have every expectation it will be a long term satisfying jet.

Big picture,maybe we shouldn't attack brands,if they're trying to bring us more of what we want. There is no question that issues need to be resolved there,but IMO they're trying. No disrespect to Dantley and all,but here on the east coast,they're trying. A little perspective is Lewis,and his A-7. Every bit of feedback I've given,has been given huge consideration. I'm not sure what more to expect from a manufacturer.

In any case,with all the respect I have for you,my respectful,humble,opinion is,stay out of this one. I've cd'd 7 events in the last 2 years, and every Yellow plane has rocked,and won awards. You have an exemplary rep,and a lot of respect. Understand that reasonable people disagree on subjective matters.

Blue skies,

Erik
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1912245  

Last edited by Erik R; 08-24-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Shaun Evans

Erik,

Thank you for the kind words, and your point is taken. In this case, it wasn't so much meant to be a snide jab at the OP or at FEJ, but more an expression of my frustration with the trend toward what I consider to be horrible customer service in the Chinese ARF world (and the degree to which the end users seem to be slowly acclimating themselves to it). Time and again, people come on here talking about what was missing from their box and how many weeks it took to get it. They talk about going weeks and/or months without responses to complaints or service needs.... and more and more we seem to be evolving toward that being the norm. That's frustrating to see, and even more to read. 15 years ago, it would have taken much more than a prompt reply to an email and/or order to get a special shout-out. Those were considered normal operating procedures for businesses like these. Like yourself, I build and fly this stuff, too, and it's frustrating.

Again, your point is taken.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:09 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't start high fiving and patting backs just yet. They have a long way to go to earn any credibility.
We need to see a lot more "FEJ replaced my faulty jet with a good one" vs "FEJ answered my emails" post.
Scott
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's great that the OP got an email response from FEJ about a broken replacement part. I guess that is progress for some folks.

Last edited by dubd; 08-25-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:55 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

After seeing that super high end Airworld plane fold like a buritto, I'm too begining to thing FEJ bashing may have gotten out of hand. Its good they replaced your gear, but I'm wanting to know why it broke in the first place.

Stil think FEJ did wrong by dubd though....
Old 08-25-2013, 03:51 AM
never-enuff

Pot hole in the runway
Old 08-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Cool,

That's just funny there.....

I have no interest either way regarding FEJ, but the fact that the OP is praising such a basic expectation.... well it's just almost embarrassing.

No apologies Sean, that was well placed and funny.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:32 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by never-enuff
Ok I know there's lots of turmoil out there with Fly Eagle Jets but I just want to say that I broke a part on my F-16 gear and after an email with a picture of the broken part sent to Johnny, the part has been shipped to me. I couldn't be happier with the customer service that I've gotten.
This kind of feels like a troll, but I can tell you that 5 years ago, when I got 2 jets from FEJ, they answered all my emails and sent me lots of replacement parts - its just that the replacements had the same problem as the originals...

Overall quality and reliability of the jets is the issue...

Bob
Old 08-25-2013, 06:51 AM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by rhklenke
This kind of feels like a troll, but I can tell you that 5 years ago, when I got 2 jets from FEJ, they answered all my emails and sent me lots of replacement parts - its just that the replacements had the same problem as the originals...

Overall quality and reliability of the jets is the issue...

Bob
Along the same line......had their legacy, small F16 and it was awesome. Then they added scale gear, opening canopy and Fd it up adding dead weight. Then started with complicated designs that didn't work, then added HC and killed their reputation.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

So many anti anyone but the big names trolls......
Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 AM
never-enuff

No it's not embarrassing. I was simply stating that I had excellent service. What's wrong with that? There's been thread after thread about no customer service but that hasn't been my experience. That doesn't make the two jets that had problems any better but that's not what I'm talking about. Like I said this was my experience and I've got 3 of their jets and I've had no problems.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:30 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never-enuff, glad you're satisfied. At the end of the day, that is all that matters. FEJ replaced some faulty parts for me before my crash too, but when customer service really mattered... well we know how that movie ended.

Last edited by dubd; 08-25-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How about we just toot the horns when something is above and beyond, not just every day expected service.
Scott
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Bob Toilet

I am sick of hearing about this F-14 in every thread here at RCU.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by jetpilot
How about we just toot the horns when something is above and beyond, not just every day expected service.
Scott
Exactly. They didnt give you excellent service. They gave the bare minimum service.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by Bob Toilet
It is not RCU, it is the north american jet community. We talk about it Sunday mornings, at jet rallies, at hobby shops, some even via texted jokes.

There is only one way to end this Mr Toilet: by building a good reputation. ;-)
Old 08-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Gonzalo38

Originally Posted by Bob Toilet
This forum has tons of threads that are not FEJ related and that can provide you with tons of knowledge. If you are sick and tired of the FEJ threads, just don't get into them. Nobody is putting a gun into you head and forcing you to click on them... just avoid them and donīt waste your time posting on them.

On the other had, I do understand those that are still frustrated with FEJ and I would do the same thing. Today, building a jet it doesn't cost you less than US$ 13.000 to 15.000. If you would go to a car dealership and buy a new car for this kind of money, wouldn't you espect them to repair any problems you have or even replace your car if it was a lemon or it was destroyed because of a design flaw ? I would......

I bet you that an F-14 would cost you the same as buying for example a brand new Mazda 3 in the US. Wouldn't you expect them to respond to you if there was something wrong with the car ? We sometimes forget that we are dropping some serious cash in this hobby and that even that these are toys for us, they have the same value as something as a car and that we should be provided some premium customer support.

This forum for me not only represents a source of great knowledge, but it also allows me to learn were and to whom I shouldn't be sending my precious dollars. I fell badly for those who have faced problems with companies like FEJ, but at the same time I'm grateful that they have taken the time to share their experience and leeting us know who we shoud not be making business with.

If you think how much it could cost to make a jet in china (really cheap labor and poor working conditions in some cases....) and how much they sell it for, you would think that these guys could have plenty of marging to go and do whatever is necessary to keep their customer happy and loyal.

Last edited by Gonzalo38; 08-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not impressed by this "praise" for fej. If even true, you are grasping at the smallest of effort.
Meanwhile, fej takes 100% payment up-front then screws dozens of people by promising delivery of a jet in just a few weeks or "ASAP" yet that turns out to be almost a whole year! And even then the jet arrives damaged, not airworthy, needing many modifications, or has critical pieces missing!

Hey, I arrested some of the biggest dirtbags, criminals, and murderers on earth and sent them away for 25+ years or life in prison; yet once they gave a lollypop to their 3 year old daughter while at an amusement park.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 08-25-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:23 PM
never-enuff

Like I've said I'm not referring to anybody else's experience. I'm just simply making a statement about mine and its been good.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Rob2160

One person posts a positive experience and gets pounced upon by those who have nothing better to do than criticize and complain.

Same thing happened to me in a separate thread. What a bunch of miserable sods. You are the ones who are killing this hobby.

If you can't show a positive attitude towards fellow modellers in this hobby when they have a good experience nobody really wants to hear from you..

If you have your own poor experiences then post them objectively but it is downright PATHETIC to see RC modellers bagging another modeller for being happy about a positive experience.

Last edited by Rob2160; 08-26-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.