Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F16 1/6th scale 2g rudder question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F16 1/6th scale 2g rudder question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skymaster F16 1/6th scale 2g rudder question

So I have been watching several videos on this model and have noticed some use the exposed rudder servo setup and others the internal. Being a scale guy I would much more prefer to go internal if safely possible. It has been mentioned that the newer 2G kit has been upgraded and Anton in an e-mail said it is strong enough to go with internal. I will be using a AMT Pegasus HP that is set at about 38lbs mostly because I have the engine and for my type of flying should give me the performance to suit me. Later I could always shoe in a P200 if needed. So just looking for anyone that has been flying the newer 2G model and what setup they used. I have backtracked some older threads and have seen it both ways. Please understand I'm only interested in this model and not a comparison to other F-16 kits.
Thanks in advance
Kelly
Old 10-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Kelly,

Did u have any luck get info on the rudder set up? A mate of mine is just starting to put together my G2 F16 and we are wondering what set up to go with.
Im not sure if the G1 is the same but mine has the rudder servo mounted in the top of the fuse not the fin itself.

Maybe Dantley or Torr will chime in. I know they have had a couple.

I am going with either a 180RX or 200.

Kind Regards
Levi
Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rudder on my last F-16 was set up like this. I would not use the internal system unless you can keep the speed down.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet thanks mate. I will go with the external set up.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dantley's way is the best I have seen in the external setup. I won't have the big block engine ( P-180/P-200) but more than likely an AMT Pegasus HP as I have one sitting in the box that will need a home. I guess when I get the model I will look it over carefully and see if it can be done/improved enough to be safe otherwise I will go with this setup as well. I know guys are making it work but like Dantley said it depends on how fast your pushing it.
Thanks for posting that picture Dantley
Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem guys! Glad I was able to help.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:40 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I use two servos for the rudder.
The internal hidden one and one like dubd but my link is 90degrees on the hinge line.