Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which Futaba BLS servos are you using on your large jets????

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which Futaba BLS servos are you using on your large jets????

Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Which Futaba BLS servos are you using on your large jets????

I am trying to chose the correct servos for my next project a Skymaster Large Viperjet MKII and planning to use S-Bus installation using also Futaba S-Bus servos. Seeing that they are continuously beeing discontinued and replaced by new ones, i would like to hear about your experience in this respect....

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 AM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the BLS 172HVs SBus2s on my stabs for the 514oz of torq @ 7.4s, and BLS175SVs on my rudders 291oz @ 7.4v. I put S9074SB on everything else at 6.0v you get 277oz. I always buy servos for the requirement and try not to over do it, it saves you money and your not wasting torque per say. My next large projects will get the BLS177s, they are the same as the 172s but have a metal case. Since I dont use the rubber grommets on my jets it will be nice to really get a tight fit and not worry about breaking the servo mounts.

The reason for futaba changing servos is not because of bad designs or problems they went from sbus to sbus2 really fast which has caused the big changes with servos. Hope this helps