Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fibre Classics F-86

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fibre Classics F-86

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fibre Classics F-86

Has anybody owned and flown one of these ? Im looking for info on how well they are built, (structurally sound, finish, fit etc..). Dimensions ? Plusses and negatives ?? Kindly send negative comments (if there are any) via email or private message.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I own and fly one, though I bought it already built and test flown by someone else - JWright of this forum so he may be able to comment on build issues.
Mine has wing drop tanks, I think they are Fei Bao items. I fitted a Wren 100 which matches the plane nicely.
Handling is good. With the slats open and airbrakes out it is easy to make lovely landings. The plane has a bit of wiggle sometimes but so does my other smaller Sabre and many swept jets. The original very slim retracts are not capable of lifting the wheels due to inadequate diameter of cylinder - they work on the bench but not in the air, I refitted with normal retracts but then you can't fit doors over the legs as they sit a little proud of the surface. The wing joiner system makes the wings flex more than I am used to, and I believe that John fitted it with a stiffer solid carbon rod joiner than comes with the kit. IMO the designer didn't quite get the relationship of the leg lengths right so it sits slighlty nose down meaning that it jumps a bit into the air at take-off. Main legs can't be reduced, and noseleg and wheel can't be increased due to wheel well locations. John had already fitted smaller than scale main wheels, any smaller from where they are now and they would start to look wrong.
The mouldings have lots of panel and rivet detail. It's a very authentic looking model.
I love flying it and I wouldn't like to part with it.

Last edited by HarryC; 10-10-2013 at 12:18 PM.