Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy Airspeed Function

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy Airspeed Function

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xicoy Airspeed Function

I am considering using the airspeed limiting function on a Xicoy FADEC ECU.

Could anyone else that has used this function elaborate on their experience. Does it work well? Are there any things that I need to be aware of? Are there any failures that can cause problems?

With regard to the pitot setup, what do people use? The Xicoy instructions show you how to make the tubes but I'd prefer to buy one already made. The Jetcat one looks quite expensive but I assume work ok. Is the Spektrum pitot tube any good? They look like the tubes at the airframe end are spread apart. How do they fit into the BVM pitot mount? Does the Spektrum tube also fit into the BVM mount?

Thanks for any help,
Old 10-11-2013, 09:18 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disregard this; I've just been informed that the ECU on the Merlin 140XBL does not support the airspeed function.

I'll have to use the old fashioned throttle thumb instead