Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 07:57 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Its very simple.... first you creat a retract sequence once you have created the sequence and all works then you do the following...

In Free mixes you create a mix Rudder to Nose wheel set the percentage of the mix to the amount of travel you like.. you can have different travel for each flight mode.... then in second page of the mix you activate the mix using the retract switch in a way that when the gears are down the mix is activated and you see a check mark.. when the gears are up the mix is deactivated ...

David
Thank you Mr. David

Your kind response reminds me that the Jeti youtube about the Jeti sequencer is about lights on a night plane and I was not able to translate that to a landing gear scenario.
How does one create a Landing gear sequence?
Example: Landing gear, steering servo, nose door that remains open when gear is down

Gear Down:
1. Door opens
2. Gear goes to landing position (down)
3. nose gear is able to steer

Gear Up:
1. Steering is centered
2. Gear goes to flight position (up)
3. Door is closed

thank you again for helping we new guys to the Jedi fold opps Jeti

Cheers Thank you

​​​​​​​
Old 11-24-2017, 11:50 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I seem to have run into a problem with an mbar sensor. It had been working fine but, now reads zero air pressure. If I look at it through the Jeti box emulator on DS16, it again reads 0, scrolling through, I get a message that the" mbar is not calibrated".

Is there a way to calibrate the mbar or is my mbar toast?

Mike
Old 11-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Jack Diaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
I seem to have run into a problem with an mbar sensor. It had been working fine but, now reads zero air pressure. If I look at it through the Jeti box emulator on DS16, it again reads 0, scrolling through, I get a message that the" mbar is not calibrated".

Is there a way to calibrate the mbar or is my mbar toast?

Mike

Mike, the bottom part of the fitting where the air line attaches, is part of the circuit board.
It doesn't take much to damage the contacts.
That could probably be the problem.

Jack
Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
Thank you Mr. David

Your kind response reminds me that the Jeti youtube about the Jeti sequencer is about lights on a night plane and I was not able to translate that to a landing gear scenario.
How does one create a Landing gear sequence?
Example: Landing gear, steering servo, nose door that remains open when gear is down

Gear Down:
1. Door opens
2. Gear goes to landing position (down)
3. nose gear is able to steer

Gear Up:
1. Steering is centered
2. Gear goes to flight position (up)
3. Door is closed

thank you again for helping we new guys to the Jedi fold opps Jeti

Cheers Thank you

​​​​​​​
Two steps:
First create a mix from rudder to NWS that is activated by the retract switch.

Then in the sequencer menu you will create a door sequence that will look "L" shaped.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:55 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Mike, the bottom part of the fitting where the air line attaches, is part of the circuit board.
It doesn't take much to damage the contacts.
That could probably be the problem.

Jack
Thanks Jack, I will take a look at that.

Mike
Old 11-26-2017, 11:42 AM
p-40lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looking for a program for a jeti that will show my jetcat info on my screen...l have seen them but can find one to download..anyone help
Old 11-26-2017, 12:25 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by p-40lover
looking for a program for a jeti that will show my jetcat info on my screen...l have seen them but can find one to download..anyone help
Program? Are you referring to a LUA script?
Have you seen the CB adapter?
https://system.na3.netsuite.com/core...77117&_xt=.pdf
JETI COMPATIBLE PROTOCOL CONVERTER. JETCAT ECU 6X 10X EXSUPPORT
Old 11-26-2017, 02:04 PM
p-40lover

yes the Lua script...do l need an adapter..l would like to see the info inside of using the jetcat hand held
Old 11-26-2017, 06:36 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You need a Telemetry adapter to get the ECU information transferred back to the Tx, not a script
Old 11-27-2017, 05:26 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
You need a Telemetry adapter to get the ECU information transferred back to the Tx, not a script
Correct. This is what you need: Dreamworks Model Products LLC

Go to the Jeti section on the Espirit website here: Jeti Video and look for the Jeti Short video titled "Telemetry & Data Display. It explains how to accomplish what you're asking about.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:34 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
Correct. This is what you need: Dreamworks Model Products LLC

Go to the Jeti section on the Espirit website here: Jeti Video and look for the Jeti Short video titled "Telemetry & Data Display. It explains how to accomplish what you're asking about.
The telemetry adapter in your link is for Jet Central and I believe he needs one for a Jet Cat so he'll need a different telemetry adapter like this one https://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/Search-Results?osCsid=3d056742c813b7d786222dfbfe91e9dc&keywords=JJXC
Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
The telemetry adapter in your link is for Jet Central and I believe he needs one for a Jet Cat so he'll need a different telemetry adapter like this one https://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/Search-Results?osCsid=3d056742c813b7d786222dfbfe91e9dc&keywords=JJXC
You're right Wayne, my bad. I picked the wrong one.

For some reason your link above is not connecting for me. I think this is the adapter he needs: Dreamworks Model Products LLC
Old 11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by CraigG
You're right Wayne, my bad. I picked the wrong one.

For some reason your link above is not connecting for me. I think this is the adapter he needs: Dreamworks Model Products LLC
I believe the CB Elektronics JJXC is what he wants as long as his ECU is V6 or newer. I tried the link in my post when I first posted it and it worked fine. Now the link in my post and your link as well both say page not found for me.... Maybe some sort of "RCU thing"?? In any event I'm sure he can find what he needs with the info we've provide (tried to anyways)..
Old 11-27-2017, 11:46 AM
p-40lover

thanks guys for the help..l looked at dream works they only have them for v6 l have v5 so sounds like I'm out of luck
Old 11-27-2017, 08:53 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by p-40lover
thanks guys for the help..l looked at dream works they only have them for v6 l have v5 so sounds like I'm out of luck
Contact him (sorry forgot his name but he is a great guy) directly and he may have a solution for you. Very reasonable pricing and shipping.

You can either email him or contact via web contact page.
http://www.cb-elektronics.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Here is his website
CB Elektronics
Old 02-14-2018, 03:54 AM
dccatl

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks to Danny (at Esprit) I got my gyro working using the "Flight mode Trims". Also discovered how the +Delay- in the Butterfly mode works and got my ailerons and elevators move at the same speed as the flaps move down... What a smart transmitter... I'm liking it more and learn more every time I use it... I will have a whole bunch of JR and Spektrum DSMX receivers for sale.. Very soon......
LA jetguy, I know this is an old post, but just got my DS-16 and I'm having a heck of time trying to figure out how to get the +/- delay to work in Butterfly. I have 3 flight modes (Normal, Flaps 1 and Landing), and have the butterfly control on the same 3 position switch as my flight modes and set to Separate. In Butterfly I can get the elevator, flap and aileron settings to work how I want them with each flight mode but the delay seems to be ignored, all surfaces travel at full speed to and from each flight mode. Could you help me figure out how to get the delay function to work.

Thanks,
David
Old 02-14-2018, 04:52 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Do not use the delay in Butterfly. Add the delay in the Flight Mode menu. This will give you a smooth transition.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:19 AM
dccatl

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
Do not use the delay in Butterfly. Add the delay in the Flight Mode menu. This will give you a smooth transition.
But won't that delay everything controlled by the flight mode? For example if I have separate gyro settings for flight mode (I don't just using this for an example) I might not want my gyro to transition slower but do want my flaps and elevator compensation delayed. Besides that, having a feature like +/- delay on butterfly that doesn't work (or I don't understand how to use it) just bugs me; it must function in some scenario like the manual describes:

"Butterfly/Crow Delay The time delay function can help smooth the transition from one state to another. Function of the “Delay” is to slow down the movement of the control surfaces during the change. Increasing the number on the positive side “+” slows the deployment while increasing the number on the negative side “-” slows return of the surfaces to their original positions."
Old 02-14-2018, 05:22 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by dccatl
But won't that delay everything controlled by the flight mode? For example if I have separate gyro settings for flight mode (I don't just using this for an example) I might not want my gyro to transition slower but do want my flaps and elevator compensation delayed. Besides that, having a feature like +/- delay on butterfly that doesn't work (or I don't understand how to use it) just bugs me; it must function in some scenario like the manual describes:

"Butterfly/Crow Delay The time delay function can help smooth the transition from one state to another. Function of the “Delay” is to slow down the movement of the control surfaces during the change. Increasing the number on the positive side “+” slows the deployment while increasing the number on the negative side “-” slows return of the surfaces to their original positions."
My memory stinks but I THINK it's in the Function Curve menu. There is a FM delay check box for each control function, if not checked, the flight mode delay isn't applied.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:33 PM
dccatl

Thanks F1 and Wayne. I've got my flap delay working the way I like it now using Butterfly mix. Now I have another question:

At some point during my model set up I changed something that causes the trim screen to appear every time I start the transmitter, any idea what did that and if there's a way to disable it.

Thanks again for all your help.

David
Old 02-14-2018, 05:40 PM
dccatl

At some point during my model set up I changed something that causes the trim screen to appear every time I start the transmitter, any idea what did that and if there's a way to disable it.
David
OK I see now, putting my throttle trim on a 2-position switch seems to cause the trim screen to appear on start-up. Is there any way to disable this?
Old 02-15-2018, 03:42 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

OK I see now, putting my throttle trim on a 2-position switch seems to cause the trim screen to appear on start-up. Is there any way to disable this?
Move throttle trim back to the two buttons (original setup). Then adjust the steps for throttle trim to 100%... then the buttons will act as two position switch...

If you still like to use a switch, get a two position spring loaded switch

David
Old 02-15-2018, 03:54 AM
dccatl

Move throttle trim back to the two buttons (original setup). Then adjust the steps for throttle trim to 100%... then the buttons will act as two position switch...

If you still like to use a switch, get a two position spring loaded switch

David
Thanks but I don't think a spring loaded switch will work for my turbine. I'm already using a 2 position locking switch, using buttons for trimming NWS, all that works perfectly. Just wondering if I have to have the trim screen appear when I start up the radio.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:52 AM
wfield0455

Thanks but I don't think a spring loaded switch will work for my turbine. I'm already using a 2 position locking switch, using buttons for trimming NWS, all that works perfectly. Just wondering if I have to have the trim screen appear when I start up the radio.
Just use the throttle cut and throttle idle functions assigned to your 2 position switch with one switch position assigned to throttle cut and the "run" switch position assigned to throttle idle. Whether it's a regular 2 position switch or a locking 2 position switch makes no difference. Once that is done, completely disable your throttle trim in the Digital trim menu as it's no longer needed. I have this setup on all my jets and it works perfectly.

The trim menu shows up automatically when a trim changes so if you have something that would cause a trim change on power up (sequencer ??) then that may do it. I can't think of a way to directly assign the trim menu to activate with a switch but that doesn't mean such a selection doesn't exist.

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-15-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:02 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Wayne... I had a question on what you mentioned above. On your jets when setting throttle trim to a 2-position switch, did you have to retrain the turbine ecu to recognize the switch as trim-up and trim-down?

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.