Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 08-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some new exciting things are happening this weekend. Stay tuned.

Zb/Jeti USA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DC-24 Servos.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	2115602  
Old 08-19-2015, 11:54 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
+1 on that, this is something that would be nice to have as part of Jeti future update with a special file that will not get changed when updates comes along. This is the one part I am not too crazy about is having to redo the JSN file everytime an update comes along.
Agreed, an ability to rename the telemetry display boxes from the Tx itself would be a very useful improvement to the firmware.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:45 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

I just received a REX12 receiver, but when I try Device Explorer on my DS-16, I get;

Error: File corrupted
REX12.bin, Line: 0

I have updated the Devices folder on the Tx with the latest content from Jeti web-site, which includes the REX receiver files, and I'm running the latest Tx s/w (3.02).

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Old 08-23-2015, 08:48 AM
JSF-TC

There's also a thread on HeliFreak.com where people are having the same issues with a REX7.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:43 AM
JSF-TC

I'm trying to set up a Double Path receiver system with a R11 and a R3/RSW.

I've gone through previous posts and set up both receivers, with the R11 as primary, and the R3/RSW as secondary.

Questions;
1) With the R11 SAT/11 port set to PPM Input, what output format do you set the R3/RSW to? Not sure if it should be JETIBOX & Servo, PPM Positive or EX Bus.
2) I've read that the R3/RSW is connected to the primary Rx via output pin #4/ Ext. as a satellite, but if you set the R3/RSW output format to PPM, then the PPM output is set on pin #3, which is the switch function.
2) If set to output PPM, do you have to set the number of PPM channels to match that of the primary Rx, as it defaults to 8 channels?
3) How do you prove that the primary Rx is getting the correct data format from the R3/RSW to be able to use the secondary Rx if the primary Rx antennas get blanked?

Using the Morse code 'S' for loss of PPM signal alarm, I can get that to trigger by pulling the R11 to R3/RSW link, but with the R3/RSW connected normally (pin #4/Ext.), that alarm does not trigger if I change the R3/RSW output format between JETIBOZ & Servo, PPM or EX Bus.

Whilst the R3/RSW is reporting antenna strength directly back to the Tx, what test is there to show that the R3/RSW will drive a servo connected to the R11?

Thanks

Paul
Old 08-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
I'm trying to set up a Double Path receiver system with a R11 and a R3/RSW.

I've gone through previous posts and set up both receivers, with the R11 as primary, and the R3/RSW as secondary.

Questions;
1) With the R11 SAT/11 port set to PPM Input, what output format do you set the R3/RSW to? Not sure if it should be JETIBOX & Servo, PPM Positive or EX Bus.
2) I've read that the R3/RSW is connected to the primary Rx via output pin #4/ Ext. as a satellite, but if you set the R3/RSW output format to PPM, then the PPM output is set on pin #3, which is the switch function.
2) If set to output PPM, do you have to set the number of PPM channels to match that of the primary Rx, as it defaults to 8 channels?
3) How do you prove that the primary Rx is getting the correct data format from the R3/RSW to be able to use the secondary Rx if the primary Rx antennas get blanked?

Using the Morse code 'S' for loss of PPM signal alarm, I can get that to trigger by pulling the R11 to R3/RSW link, but with the R3/RSW connected normally (pin #4/Ext.), that alarm does not trigger if I change the R3/RSW output format between JETIBOZ & Servo, PPM or EX Bus.

Whilst the R3/RSW is reporting antenna strength directly back to the Tx, what test is there to show that the R3/RSW will drive a servo connected to the R11?

Thanks

Paul
Serial link on the r11 should be jetibox and servo
r11 ppm input. R3 ppm output with the failsafe off, port 3 on the r3
Serial link on the r3 should be set to ppm positive, under ppm setting set the number if channels needed, ppm/udi mode should be ser to direct
Old 08-24-2015, 06:17 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all,
Got to fly my Jeti last weekend on my F16. All went well but I am wondering if there is a log of my flight somewhere in the transmitter? I did not set anything up specifically but didn't know if there will be a log each time like my Weatronic receiver.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-25-2015, 03:19 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by ddennison
Hi all,
Got to fly my Jeti last weekend on my F16. All went well but I am wondering if there is a log of my flight somewhere in the transmitter? I did not set anything up specifically but didn't know if there will be a log each time like my Weatronic receiver.
Thanks,
Dave
You have to setup data logging. Very simple.

Zb/Jeti USA

Have a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj2VEV5NUr4
Old 08-25-2015, 07:40 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ddennison
Hi all,
Thanks,
Dave
Go into the Sensors / Logging menu and select "yes" in the Logging column for anything you would like logged. In Advanced Properties, Other Model Options, you can select a logging switch if desired. By default, the logging mode is set to Auto, which means that logging will automatically start when any timer is started.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:26 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Thanks. Will check into it this week.
DD
Old 08-26-2015, 05:00 AM
tucson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have put my cortex gyro on my flap switch for normal flap up and landing full flaps amounts of gain.

I can't figure out how to have another switch shut off the cortex and still leave my flap switch operational.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan
Old 08-26-2015, 05:17 AM
cycross

Originally Posted by tucson
I have put my cortex gyro on my flap switch for normal flap up and landing full flaps amounts of gain.

I can't figure out how to have another switch shut off the cortex and still leave my flap switch operational.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan
You can try this.
Make a backup before you start:

A. Create a new flight condition, switchable on the designated cortex on/off switch (not the flaps switch).
B. While in the condition which you want the gyro off, Delink the cortex gain from the flaps, i.e. no switch.
C. Instead map the cortex gain value to an offset value which equates to shutting off the gyro.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:19 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Stan... It's a good idea to have your flap switch as your flight mode switch... So you have flight mode 1..as flaps up, flight mode 2.. As take off flaps, and flight mode 3.. As landing flaps... Then assign another switch to your gyro. That same gyro switch can also be your dual rate switch since you need to have more expo when gyro is off and less expo when gyro is on.

In the gyro menu make sure you have "separate" mode for each flight mode so you can set different gain at each position of your flight modes. Keep in mind that you have to set the gain to 0 in each flight mode when the gyro switch is in the off position...

PM me me if you need detail walk through....

David
Old 08-26-2015, 05:27 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Stan... It's a good idea to have your flap switch as your flight mode switch... So you have flight mode 1..as flaps up, flight mode 2.. As take off flaps, and flight mode 3.. As landing flaps... Then assign another switch to your gyro. That same gyro switch can also be your dual rate switch since you need to have more expo when gyro is off and less expo when gyro is on.

In the gyro menu make sure you have "separate" mode for each flight mode so you can set different gain at each position of your flight modes. Keep in mind that you have to set the gain to 0 in each flight mode when the gyro switch is in the off position...

PM me me if you need detail walk through....

David
+1.

The Jeti flight mode is so versatile, We are not usually trained in using flight modes as a condition for other than the usual landing, take off, 3D but with Jeti you can use it in many more ways since they are mutually exclusive depending on the location on the list.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:50 AM
gooseF22

to turn off the gyro, Keep it simple..

Set up a simple mix on a switch or knob..

Mix Gain to Gain on itself. Use a value of 0(gyro on) and -100(gyro off). It will zero out the gain instantly, locking out the gyro.. every one of my setups have this..

The reason this works best is because the Free mixes are the last thing that happens in the processing chain of the signals, so no matter what gain you are using, the input mixes back on itself and the result is no gain.

on the DS, I added a voice alert that says "Killed Gyro, Killed Gyro"

If you are using the cortex, the light will go Red instantly..
Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 AM
tucson

Originally Posted by gooseF22
to turn off the gyro, Keep it simple..

Set up a simple mix on a switch or knob..

Mix Gain to Gain on itself. Use a value of 0(gyro on) and -100(gyro off). It will zero out the gain instantly, locking out the gyro.. every one of my setups have this..

The reason this works best is because the Free mixes are the last thing that happens in the processing chain of the signals, so no matter what gain you are using, the input mixes back on itself and the result is no gain.

on the DS, I added a voice alert that says "Killed Gyro, Killed Gyro"

If you are using the cortex, the light will go Red instantly..
I haven't flown this model in 3 months. I do have my flap switch set up for 3 flight modes. I also tied the different gyro gains for each flap position. I also have a seperate switch to shut off the gyro and say gyro off.

Well my mind is getting old, not me of course. I did exactly what you are saying 6 months ago in free mixes and forgot I had did that. I never looked at the cortex light to check to see it turn red.
When I use the other switch to shut the gyro off the light on the gyro does go to red.

Too much stuff to remember guys

Thanks guys for your suggestions, Maybe someone else will benefit from your explanation.

Stan
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Puttputt maru

Don't feel bad I had to ask on an other forum why while putting a new Mezon in a plane I had the red wires going to the CB200 disconnected on the older one.

I knew why when I did it originally but forgot.

(Answer: The CB200 gets its power from the batteries not from my Mezon which powers the motor)
Old 08-29-2015, 06:44 AM
Jeti USA

Have a look at the details, page for DC-24 will be up over the weekend.

Zb/Jeti USA

Name:	DSCN7373.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	2117136   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7377.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	468.5 KB
ID:	2117137   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7380.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	2117138   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7381.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	2117139  
Old 08-31-2015, 05:28 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

HI all, I just bought a Eflite T-28 electric powered, to be my platform for learning the ins and outs of my DS-16. I have the CB 200 and need to know where I get the power to run all the servos from, is it from the throttle lead from the ESC.
Pics would be good.
Rcpete
Old 08-31-2015, 05:45 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI all, I just bought a Eflite T-28 electric powered, to be my platform for learning the ins and outs of my DS-16. I have the CB 200 and need to know where I get the power to run all the servos from, is it from the throttle lead from the ESC.
Pics would be good.
Rcpete
Pete, if you are experimenting with the CB200 in the trojan, then pull the power lead out of the throttle servo wire, and then plug a separate battery into the CB200, and put it on the CG of the model. It just needs one small A123 or a small regulated supply plugged into the multiplex.

Otherwise, it will require a Y Cord from the throttle wire, and you will have to cut one end off, and rewire it so that it provides power to the multiplex port, and a single signal wire to the throttle servo output port..

I just used a small A123 battery when I tested mine and stuffed it into the cockpit..
Old 09-01-2015, 04:47 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Have a look at the details, page for DC-24 will be up over the weekend.

Zb/Jeti USA
Is a DS-24 next?
Old 09-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Jeti USA

Yes the DS-24 will be next in line, we would like to introduce radio at AMA CA show in January.

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 09-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Puttputt maru

Some servos seem to be in the pipeline for Jeti as well. Looking at torque and speed it looks like two for airplanes and two for helicopters so far.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	492.3 KB
ID:	2117822   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	569.9 KB
ID:	2117823  
Old 09-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Jeti USA

Two New Jeti Videos:

JetiBox Emulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzKZOqJ7o4Y

Radio System: Receiver Fail Safe Setting, Channel Pin Reassignment & Servo Groups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5S3fpb8d-4
Old 09-08-2015, 02:35 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are there any low fuel level waring sounds available? I found allot of .wav files on the Jeti Web but none with fuel warnings. (voice)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.