Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Wayne I wanted to say thank you for the help that you did offer. It's very much appreciated. In fact the users on here have been amazing!

PLEASE NOTE the jack itself worked fine for dedicated PPM OUT once it was installed. I was able to hook the radio up to my sim no problem. It could not be used for PPM IN at all with no option to change it that Espirit could find. Which is required for the HT. In fact it would not detect any PPM IN at all from any source. I had taken the time to install it, drill holes in my radio, just to have it not work and have Jeti USA constantly say I'm full of crap. So now Jeti wants me to drop another $100 bucks on yet another piece of gear and can't even prove it will work in the first place? Seriously?

Remember this issue came out far before the R3 update. The R3 connection probably works but I need proof before I send them another cent. Is that asking too much? I'm sitting here wondering how far I want to take this. $1840 Cad + shipping and customs charges, and additional money to track down a cable that they wouldn't sell me because it's not CSA approved (it wasn't cheap overseas). This is far from a small amount of money. Then having to make my own custom cable for an interface on an R3 to work with a stereo or mono plug is another pain in the rear but is doable.

I love this radio but would never recommend it for anything other than Jets or Heli's. It sure doesn't fill the role for everyone. At this price it dang well should.
Ok, this makes much more sense now, I thought you were saying the R3 solution didn't work and since I've helped someone getting working as a buddy box I was certain it does. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of drilling a hole in my transmitter to access the PPM connector either so I never tried it. It was a while ago that I helped setup an R3 to work as a wireless buddy box and I don't recall the details. I will reproduce this using my DX6 and a spare R3 that I have and document the steps needed to get it working and post them here.

There is one caveat with using the R3 as a trainer interface and that is that you will NOT be able to use dual path in that model as you will need to use one of the RF sections to talk to the buddy box / head tracker. If you want a redundant receiver you can of course still use a satellite in clone mode which will provide the same antenna diversity that dual patch does but without telemetry from the clone receiver. If that is not acceptable, let me know as there is no sense in trying to get this working but it that's Ok, I'll be happy to try this out and give you the steps you'll need before you purchase anything..
Old 10-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Ok, this makes much more sense now, I thought you were saying the R3 solution didn't work and since I've helped someone getting working as a buddy box I was certain it does. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of drilling a hole in my transmitter to access the PPM connector either so I never tried it. It was a while ago that I helped setup an R3 to work as a wireless buddy box and I don't recall the details. I will reproduce this using my DX6 and a spare R3 that I have and document the steps needed to get it working and post them here.

There is one caveat with using the R3 as a trainer interface and that is that you will NOT be able to use dual path in that model as you will need to use one of the RF sections to talk to the buddy box / head tracker. If you want a redundant receiver you can of course still use a satellite in clone mode which will provide the same antenna diversity that dual patch does but without telemetry from the clone receiver. If that is not acceptable, let me know as there is no sense in trying to get this working but it that's Ok, I'll be happy to try this out and give you the steps you'll need before you purchase anything..
That shouldn't be a problem Wayne and thanks for the help. Seems to always be some give and take with the Jeti System. I love the signal stability which is why I kept the radio. But wow they don't make it easy sometimes.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-26-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:48 AM
wfield0455

That shouldn't be a problem Wayne and thanks for the help. Seems to always be some give and take with the Jeti System. I love the signal stability which is why I kept the radio. But wow they don't make it easy sometimes.
I'll try to find time to try this in the next couple of days.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:01 AM
wfield0455

As promised, I took a spare R3/RSW an R7 a couple of receiver packs, my DX6 to use as a BuddyBox and a 3.5mm Mono audio cable and tested the use of an R3/RSW to create a wireless buddy box interface.

Step 1) Make a trainer cord with a JR connector on one end and a 3.5mm mono plug on the other to allow the DX6's trainer jack to be connected to the PPM Input of R3/RSW. I used an off the shelf Mono/Audio cable with a 3.5mm right angle connector. The shield of the cable gets connected to the negative pin of a JR style connector while the center conductor connects to the JR connector's signal pin.

Step 2) Download Receiver firmware V3.06 and the associated release notes from the Esprit web site ( http://file.espritmodel.com/firmware...Tx306_R3HW.exe ) and install the firmware on the R3/RSW. I've been told that firmware V3.06 downloaded from the Jeti upgrade site doesn't recognize an R3/RSW properly. I've only verified this setup using the firmware downloaded from link provided.

Step 3) In the DS16's model memory for the aircraft to be "buddy boxed" Select Advanced Properties, Wireless /Trainer menu.
(a) Select Teacher Mode, assign a trainer switch and "Pair primary tx module" to the receiver in the aircraft to be buddy boxed.
(b) Install a bind plug in the EXT port of the R3/RSW and connect the JR connector end of the trainer cord to port 1 (PPM Input) of the R3/RSW and the other end to the DX6's trainer jack. The DX6 needs fully charged batteries and must be powered Off when used as a buddy box.
(c) Connect a receiver battery to any free port of the R3/RSW and then select "Pair Secondary tx module" at the DS16. NOTE: You MUST have the PPM input connected to the R3/RSW or it will not bind.
(d) Once pairing completes, remove bind plug from R3/RSW and power it off.
(e) In the trainer interface, assign the appropriate channels for Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Rudder.

Step 4) With the Dx6 powered off, connect the trainer cable to the R3/RSW and plug it into the DX6 trainer jack.

With the DS16s trainer switch selected to give control to the student, the servos connected to the R3 should now follow the controls of the DX6.

These instructions were put together very quickly after testing the trainer interface so I may have made a couple of mistakes or not described things all that clearly so feel free to point out anything
the doesn't make sense or ask questions.

Based on the assumption that a head tracker looks just like a buddy box to the DS16, if you can get a wireless buddy box working, the head tracker should also work assuming the correct cable to connect it to the R3/RSW.

EDIT: I also posted this on RC Groups and one of the guys over there saw my post and decided to try connecting his FatShark headset and has verified that it works properly using an R3/RSW.

Last edited by wfield0455; 10-29-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Corrected firmware version and added linnk to firmware added additiona info.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Pepperpete

Wayne,

Thank you for going above and beyond for this. Your instructions are clear and I will be trying this as soon as I get back from my trip!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:44 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well there you have it Vertical grimmace!

Turns out it's an operator problem and nothing to do with Jeti! It only takes 10 seconds to update so turns out you are just stupid. (Heavy Sarcasm)

Wow...just wow. I feel for you. I'm pretty sure a guy with 6,000+ posts and some great knowledgeable threads probably has the ability to do an update on a radio. Especially with how "easy" it is. Or at least I'm sure he has the ability to follow proper instructions from *James,Jason, and Jeti-USA*.

It's all your fault and you are stupid according to Jeti-USA. If this thread does anything I hope it's to make very clear what you can expect from Jeti if anything goes wrong or doesn't work with the radio. Clear as day to me. A bunch of inflated ego's who think there is no way possible that they released a product that doesn't live up to the hype or money for some of the customer base.

Jeti USA...wow. Can't think of anything else to say. Think I've said enough already. I'm not going to get anything from you Jeti-USA except insults and watching you insult other users. Great job buddy.

Hmmmm...I cannot remember how many times I I updated the software. Yes, James was very helpful, but could not solve my issue. Never spoke to or wasted anyone else's time. That Jeti post is a pure fabrication, but you guys can believe who you will.

One thing is for certain. This Dumb customer, will take his dumb money, and take it elsewhere. My dumb opinion will be shared as well, with my fellow club members and competition buddies. Obviously if you need a radio with these capabilities, you fly complicated models. Enough said?

Do not worry, I will not trouble this thread any more with anymore Dumb ranting. I no longer own any Jeti products. Nor will I, radio related or not.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:48 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
As promised, I took a spare R3/RSW an R7 a couple of receiver packs, my DX6 to use as a BuddyBox and a 3.5mm Mono audio cable and tested the use of an R3/RSW to create a wireless buddy box interface.

Step 1) Make a trainer cord with a JR connector on one end and a 3.5mm mono plug on the other to allow the DX6's trainer jack to be connected to the PPM Input of R3/RSW. I used an off the shelf Mono/Audio cable with a 3.5mm right angle connector. The shield of the cable gets connected to the negative pin of a JR style connector while the center conductor connects to the JR connector's signal pin.

Step 2) Download Receiver firmware V3.06 and the associated release notes from the Esprit web site ( http://file.espritmodel.com/firmware...Tx306_R3HW.exe ) and install the firmware on the R3/RSW. I've been told that firmware V3.06 downloaded from the Jeti upgrade site doesn't recognize an R3/RSW properly. I've only verified this setup using the firmware downloaded from link provided.

Step 3) In the DS16's model memory for the aircraft to be "buddy boxed" Select Advanced Properties, Wireless /Trainer menu.
(a) Select Teacher Mode, assign a trainer switch and "Pair primary tx module" to the receiver in the aircraft to be buddy boxed.
(b) Install a bind plug in the EXT port of the R3/RSW and connect the JR connector end of the trainer cord to port 1 (PPM Input) of the R3/RSW and the other end to the DX6's trainer jack. The DX6 needs fully charged batteries and must be powered Off when used as a buddy box.
(c) Connect a receiver battery to any free port of the R3/RSW and then select "Pair Secondary tx module" at the DS16. NOTE: You MUST have the PPM input connected to the R3/RSW or it will not bind.
(d) Once pairing completes, remove bind plug from R3/RSW and power it off.
(e) In the trainer interface, assign the appropriate channels for Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Rudder.

Step 4) With the Dx6 powered off, connect the trainer cable to the R3/RSW and plug it into the DX6 trainer jack.

With the DS16s trainer switch selected to give control to the student, the servos connected to the R3 should now follow the controls of the DX6.

These instructions were put together very quickly after testing the trainer interface so I may have made a couple of mistakes or not described things all that clearly so feel free to point out anything
the doesn't make sense or ask questions.

Based on the assumption that a head tracker looks just like a buddy box to the DS16, if you can get a wireless buddy box working, the head tracker should also work assuming the correct cable to connect it to the R3/RSW.

EDIT: I also posted this on RC Groups and one of the guys over there saw my post and decided to try connecting his FatShark headset and has verified that it works properly using an R3/RSW.
Wayne I gotta try this.. have an old DX8 laying around
Old 11-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Jeti USA

Hey look what I have gotten, just need to finish release notes.

Zb/Esprit

JETI DC/DS Update Version 4.00

Just tiny peek, otherwise Jeti will kill me opcorn:opcorn:
Let the Speculation Begin.

1. The DC-16 and DS-16 now offer 24 channels
4. Added inactivity alarm and low-Q alarm (see notes).
13. DS-16, DS-14: Added F3K launch detection based on large acceleration
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	2129311   Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	2129312  
Old 11-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Cool they added Multi copter programming
Old 11-06-2015, 10:00 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So they have more software changes coming out besides the 3 listed ?
Old 11-08-2015, 04:01 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I seem to be showing change #1 #4 #13 so I would say Yaaa
Old 11-08-2015, 09:10 AM
stegl

Yes, they are not sitting back on their butts but what I am finding , although newer to this radio is that they do all the testing with any software changes to make sure it's right the first time round . Not like some who let the end user do the beta testing and then correct issues that happen along the way. Get what you pay for !
Old 11-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Hey look what I have gotten, just need to finish release notes.

Zb/Esprit

JETI DC/DS Update Version 4.00

Just tiny peek, otherwise Jeti will kill me opcorn:opcorn:
Let the Speculation Begin.

1. The DC-16 and DS-16 now offer 24 channels
4. Added inactivity alarm and low-Q alarm (see notes).
13. DS-16, DS-14: Added F3K launch detection based on large acceleration
5. New feature of Audio Player: Automatic Pilot Caller (see notes).
Old 11-10-2015, 01:53 PM
gooseF22

Guys.. for now if you are using REX, repeat a REX UDI or EX Bus with NON-Jeti equipment, such as heli controller equipment with a REX receiver.. Repeat REX receiver only, some third party UDI interfaces have had trouble with the "non release back to back packets on the bus", decreasing beyond their limits when using a REX receiver as primary and any jeti receivers in dual path. Its the faster receiver.

Jeti has replicated this on some Heli controllers and is working on it. The Pre-Rex receivers work fine in this application.. The UDI/EXb speed of the Rex is always in Auto, vice the standard receiver being able to set the UDI/EXb speed.

This DOES NOT affect the any Jeti to Jeti interfaces, such as Central Boxes or Jeti to Jeti equipment, and it does not affect the Pre-Rex receivers..

They are recommending not flying your Heli with UDi or EXbus at the moment until its verified or addressed.. some Heli's have updated their controller SW already..

Im one of the Team Jeti USA for Jeti only, so I don't want to get into details nor speak for ZB, but you are perfectly safe flying your CB100/200/R3,4,5,6,7,9,11,14,18 in Dual path or Default.. ZB is in constant communication with Jeti on this because he has a large Heli ownership group.

If you have a REX receiver and another receiver in the plane with servos plugged into it, you are also ok.. Its specifically addressed in the UDI/EXb interface to third party controllers

More to follow.. You can check the other forums for additional details..

Last edited by gooseF22; 11-10-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:47 AM
Snaprollman

Why disappear telemetry from Xicoy on Jetibox emulator for about 1-2 minutes while after I've activated it? Must enter to reactivate eg after landing.Is it something with the setup I did not realize?
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 AM
gooseF22

Its possible the telemetry went stale.. go to the menu and reactivate all the telemetry.. sometimes it switches from one antenna to the other and it will cause issues, or if you recently changed the config
Old 11-12-2015, 08:01 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Snaprollman
Why disappear telemetry from Xicoy on Jetibox emulator for about 1-2 minutes while after I've activated it? Must enter to reactivate eg after landing.Is it something with the setup I did not realize?
If you are actually using the Jetibox emulator to look at the Xicoy ECU telemetry adapter there is an easier way. Instead, simply allow the DS16 enough time to discover the Xicoy device and then use the Displayed Telemetry menu to ADD the telemetry items you wish to monitor (RPM, EGT, etc) directly to the main display. You really don't need to use the Jetiboix emulator with the Xicoy ECU telemetry adapter.

Wayne
Old 11-12-2015, 08:10 AM
gooseF22

Guys, What are you putting on the main page of your PRofi? I haven't really messed with profi a lot, but now with the FC-1 Im setting it up for my caller on a maiden.. Obviously the RPM/EGT/Fuel.. ideas?

Separately, the FC1 by Gaspar, builds in the telemetry module he makes with a lot of other functions if anyone hasn't checked it out.. It is compatible with ALL Xicoy based ECU's regardless of turbine. He has one for Jetcat too. It has airspeed module and GPS module options.. Check it out..

http://www.xicoy.com/catalog/index.p...x.php?cPath=54

It replaces the ground unit, and is designed to be installed. It will also allow menu access on board and with the transmitter..
Old 11-12-2015, 08:45 AM
stegl

Took a quick look and even though Jeti compatible and offers a few more additions to data info ; it looks like it is more advantageous to those not using Jeti radios systems with their advanced telemetry . It increases the speed of data flow for Hott, Futaba, Spektrum and a few other telemetry radio systems plus adds twin engine telemetry for those named. a great tool to be used for after flight data download. Man, things are getting so advanced almost hard to keep up. Looks like great stuff for those that need it.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Snaprollman

I have telemetry displayed what I want, what I meant was that I would have the same as ground unit information during startup on my screen (Startup cycles) preheating, fulramp, running.This disappears from the Jetibox emulator screen for about 1 minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIGK...ature=youtu.be Would like to have this for permanent so i do not have to activate it after 1-2 minutes.

Last edited by Snaprollman; 11-12-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:01 AM
stegl

What radio are you using ? I don't loose any info on my DS-16. Don't have all the telemetry data displayed as that would clutter up my screen but I guess I could put it on another screen page. I just use the EGT , RPM and pump voltage and fuel. The new computer does seem to give a pretty extensive report though, plus has the computer downloadable info with using the GPS.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
stegl

I saw somewhere there were that Jeti was working on their own servos , anything to that and when ?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:03 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by stegl
I saw somewhere there were that Jeti was working on their own servos , anything to that and when ?
I've heard the same thing but have no idea when or if that would happen. To be honest I'm not sure
what "value add" Jeti would offer in the servo market. I really don't have an interest in EX Bus servos
and there are already more than enough players in the servo market. Unless they are able to offer very high performance servos at
a very attractive price, I think they would be better off to apply their resources elsewhere.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM
stegl

I don't care for the BUS system like Futaba started...... My worry would be if the signal went to a servo line out of the receive then that whole bank of servos are history and stop working. The Only advantage that I can see with that system is fewer wires at an extra cost.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Jeremy_D

HI Guys,

Just a quick question, I have put Windows 10 on my PC and now when I connect my DS16 I can't see it as another drive anymore. Any advice on how to get this working so I can add some sound files.
Thanks in advance

Jez.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.