Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 04:21 PM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The picture you added. Its below the fuel pump.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:41 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

This is my Telemetry Interface

https://sites.google.com/site/wbtelemetry/

Old 01-26-2016, 09:34 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by REDBULL FRANCE
This is my Telemetry Interface
Okay Cool.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:43 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Redbull, nice install. How do you like that GPS unit? How accurate is it?
Old 01-26-2016, 08:48 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by bluelevel
A CB400 is total overkill, I don't think you need that many channels? In a jet you could absolutely use the connection scheme that PuttPutt suggested, the load on the surfaces isn't that high in a jet compared to a giant scale airplane. I would still suggest to use a Powerbox Royal instead if you are still flexible on the equipment.

Thomas
Thanks Thomas. I am going to look at them and also the Emcotec DPSI 2018 Power Distribution System
Old 01-27-2016, 04:42 AM
REDBULL FRANCE

Originally Posted by DrV
Hi Redbull, nice install. How do you like that GPS unit? How accurate is it?

Drv thank you,

GPS is used only to be corrected the gain of the gyro as a function of the speed
Fast Speed = Minimum Gain
Slow speed = Maximum Gain
Old 02-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Jeti USA

Old 02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Jeti when is the DS-24 due in the US market?

Mike I have that GPS II, as said it is used to set igyro gain but it does report the top speed after you reset it, you could reset it each flight if you wanted. I am not overly impressed with it. Takes a long time to lock.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just wanted to address the Jeti Central Box & Powerbox iGyro combination again that we spoke about a few days ago. Just noticed that there's an update since November last year that allows you to set the iGyro's output to digital UDI protocol. So now it's no problem anymore to connect your receiver(s) to the iGyro's inputs and the outputs go directly into the Central Box. No more complicated wiring and full protection of all outputs through the Central Box!
Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to address the Jeti Central Box & Powerbox iGyro combination again that we spoke about a few days ago. Just noticed that there's an update since November last year that allows you to set the iGyro's output to digital UDI protocol. So now it's no problem anymore to connect your receiver(s) to the iGyro's inputs and the outputs go directly into the Central Box. No more complicated wiring and full protection of all outputs through the Central Box!
While regular receivers can output UDI, as far as I can tell from looking in Device Explorer the Central Box only can select Telemetry Input, Jetbox or EX Bus for it's EXT Outputs, at least with the latest Central Box firmware.

I haven't exhaustively tested this yet but a quick experiment with 2, R3/RSW receivers, a Central Box 200 running the latest firmware which supports 24 channels doesn't show up in Device Explorer and the servos don't operate if PPM Positive, PPM Negative or UDI are selected. It only works if EX Bus is selected for the serial link on the receivers.

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-07-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:46 AM
bluelevel

Wayne, probably there is an error in the Powerbox manual and they wanted to say that their iGyro can now output EX Bus and NOT UDI as they stated. This would make more sense, as I think that the EX Bus is the protocol that the receivers and the CB communicate with.

Because of exactly this old problem I have no Central Boxes anymore and switched to Powerbox products completely, but might change that in the future. The CB200 is a fine product, it's small, light and does have all the features I need.

I will ask this question in the Powerbox forum, I'm interested to hear what they say.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:53 AM
wfield0455

Wayne, probably there is an error in the Powerbox manual and they wanted to say that their iGyro can now output EX Bus and NOT UDI as they stated. This would make more sense, as I think that the EX Bus is the protocol that the receivers and the CB communicate with.

Because of exactly this old problem I have no Central Boxes anymore and switched to Powerbox products completely, but might change that in the future. The CB200 is a fine product, it's small, light and does have all the features I need.

I will ask this question in the Powerbox forum, I'm interested to hear what they say.
Please post here once you find out as I'm interested in what they have to say too. This type of question comes up all the time.

Still, due to the way the Central Box works, I suspect the iGyro will need to be connected after the Central Box with the iGyro controlling the servos directly. I think that no matter what protocols they input or output that will be the only way to have true receiver redundancy with the Central Box. That type of connection at least partially defeats some of the Central Box 200's benefits.

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-07-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question regarding the airspeed module:

I have the airspeed module and the pitot tube with the white and red small diameter tubing.

I need more length to get the tubing inside the fuselage as the pitot tube is on the wing in my A10.

1. Can I add to this without any error?
2. Can I calibrate it if I lengthen it?
3. I suspect keeping the airline ID the same would be ideal - can I get more from Jeti or Esprit?

Thanks
DD
Old 02-08-2016, 05:21 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by ddennison
Question regarding the airspeed module:

I have the airspeed module and the pitot tube with the white and red small diameter tubing.

I need more length to get the tubing inside the fuselage as the pitot tube is on the wing in my A10.

1. Can I add to this without any error?
2. Can I calibrate it if I lengthen it?
3. I suspect keeping the airline ID the same would be ideal - can I get more from Jeti or Esprit?

Thanks
DD
I would recommend keeping the tubing between the the Pitot tube and the sensor as short as possible. Simply mount the sensor as close to the wing as possible and extend the wire between the sensor and the receiver instead.

If the Pitot is installed in a removable wing panel, rather than have connectors in the air tubes, use very short air tubes, mount the sensor in the wing panel and have a servo connector in the telemetry cable instead.

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-08-2016 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an airspeed module in my SM A10 and have extended by over half a meter, doesn't seem to make any difference.

Remember there is only the very slightest of air movement to operate the diaphragm.

m
Old 02-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Pepperpete

Hey guys, I'm leaving the hobby for awhile so I've listed my DS-16 for anyone who wants a GREAT deal.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=1061526&electric=0

Sorry guys the Add says DC-16 but it's a DS-16 as shown in the picture.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 02-08-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:34 PM
ScaleCrazy

That sure is a nice looking DC-16. Wish it were a DS-16
Old 02-08-2016, 04:48 PM
bluelevel

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Please post here once you find out as I'm interested in what they have to say too. This type of question comes up all the time.

Still, due to the way the Central Box works, I suspect the iGyro will need to be connected after the Central Box with the iGyro controlling the servos directly. I think that no matter what protocols they input or output that will be the only way to have true receiver redundancy with the Central Box. That type of connection at least partially defeats some of the Central Box 200's benefits.
Wayne,

just talked to the Powerbox guys, seems as if they screwed up a little. They thought it would work, but later on had to find out that it doesn't, because the Central Boxes definitely speak "EX BUS" only.

Thomas
Old 02-08-2016, 04:50 PM
bluelevel

Originally Posted by ScaleCrazy
That sure is a nice looking DC-16. Wish it were a DS-16
The picture in the ad shows a DS-16 and not a tray DC-16!
Old 02-08-2016, 04:58 PM
ScaleCrazy

Yes my point. Something smells fishy. Lol
Old 02-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Pepperpete

Oh crap sorry guys. Nothing fishy going on at all. I put DC-16 instead of DS-16. It is in fact a DS-16. I always get that designation mixed up. I've edited the sales post on the other forums but of course nothing is ever easy on RC Universe.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Mi-25

Hi All,
I find the Voice file readout for the Mspeed airspeed way too long-winded.,,,"speed, one hundred seventy five kilometres per hour"...it just takes too long to complete....and on my jet I'd like it to be quicker.
I know its airspeed and I know the units (after all I chose them).....I think a simple statement e.g. "one hundred seventy five" would be much better.

Any thoughts from anyone - has anyone encountered this?

Also, is there a method to modify that voice file or use another one?...It seems to me that its built into the Mpeed software somehow.

thanks,
Leon
Old 02-08-2016, 08:33 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Hi All,
I find the Voice file readout for the Mspeed airspeed way too long-winded.,,,"speed, one hundred seventy five kilometres per hour"...it just takes too long to complete....and on my jet I'd like it to be quicker.
I know its airspeed and I know the units (after all I chose them).....I think a simple statement e.g. "one hundred seventy five" would be much better.

Any thoughts from anyone - has anyone encountered this?

Also, is there a method to modify that voice file or use another one?...It seems to me that its built into the Mpeed software somehow.

thanks,
Leon
Leon... Go to your voice sub folder under the language you selected (en) rename "speed.wav" to something else such as "speed1.wav". Same thing for _mph.wav and _mph2.wav.

If the system can not find the "EXACT" wav files it will not announce them... Hence just the numbers for your speed...

David
Old 02-09-2016, 03:16 AM
Mi-25

Hi David - can you please lead me through the Menu structure to find what your talking about....I can't find the file structure you describe above - sorry and tks - I'm not that good with the Jeti...
Old 02-09-2016, 04:22 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Hi David - can you please lead me through the Menu structure to find what your talking about....I can't find the file structure you describe above - sorry and tks - I'm not that good with the Jeti...
Leon,

Once you you connect your transmitter to your computer through the USB cord you will see the content of the SD card displayed as a removable drive usually named as "No Name"

Expand that drive and you will see the file structure. In that structure there is a folder named "Voice". Expand voice folder and you will see series of folders for different languages. Expand the folder for the language you have selected in the configuration menu.

Once you expand the folder for the specific language you will see _Kph.wav etc... Then just change the name of the three files , Speed.wav, _kph.wav,and _kph2.wav.

Always remember to backup your files BEFORE making any changes...

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.