Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Walo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
When using the CB200, you have 3 speeds to set in device explorer
1. go to the 1st receiver, and set its speed to auto.. Keep it in EX mode, make sure failsafe is off
2. repeat on 2nd receiver..
3. navigate to CB200 under general settings, and set that value to 17 to 22ms, for analog servos. It is independent of the input speed from the receivers..

All your failsafe values are also set in the Cbox..not the receivers..
CBOX output speed is the one you have to play with to make sure all your servos operate properly..dont mess with the receiver speed
Ok, that worked. But I guess this is true for an RSAT as Satellite. When I use an R3 and need one Servo Output directly from the R3 I will have to switch Failsave on and set 17ms.
I'm programming a glider with 15 Servos and want to use the external Channel 16 for my WStech Vario.

Regards, Walter
Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ddennison
Is it safe to say that we should not copy a file but start with a blank one? This is not an issue for me now as I am just getting started but it could be nice to have a template for a standard single rudder jet the tI could then modify.
Dave,

I have a basic setup called it "Blank" which has the basic setup and two "always need" mixes... I copy the blank and add the new model name then I go through basic properties and function assignment and setup accordingly. No problem so far... My Blank model has "model name announcement" program and a logical switch program to disable my brake lever when my gears are up...
Old 04-06-2014, 11:47 AM
LA jetguy

Walo... Yes.. RSat & CB200 is limited to 15 connection... R3 & CB200 can have 16 connection... one of the R3 output pins will act as the 16 connection. In that case failsafe and 17ms needed for that R3
Old 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddennison
Is it safe to say that we should not copy a file but start with a blank one? This is not an issue for me now as I am just getting started but it could be nice to have a template for a standard single rudder jet the tI could then modify.
Dave, no fear, yes make a template.. this way, you don't have to reassign all the sound files.. I have a CB200 jet template, a glow template, and a basic electric template
Old 04-06-2014, 12:04 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Walo
Ok, that worked. But I guess this is true for an RSAT as Satellite. When I use an R3 and need one Servo Output directly from the R3 I will have to switch Failsave on and set 17ms.
I'm programming a glider with 15 Servos and want to use the external Channel 16 for my WStech Vario.

Regards, Walter
Correct sir.. except do not enable failsafe in the receiver... put some function on the 16th channel you can live without if it were to blank out for a couple secs.. Failsafe should only be set up in the Cbox, on a CB200 setup.. not in the receivers... very important..

If you enable failsafe in any SAT receivers, in any setup, you could have the receivers telling lies to the xbox or servo driver rx, and it would not know it.. This is mega important!!

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-06-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Walo... Yes.. RSat & CB200 is limited to 15 connection... R3 & CB200 can have 16 connection... one of the R3 output pins will act as the 16 connection. In that case failsafe and 17ms needed for that R3
also correct sir

However, you must set BOTH receivers to 16 channel output, not 15.. and you must enable 14/15 for servo output in the Cbox device explorer.. Recognize that there could be a little latency on the 16th channel since it drives during the gap time..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-06-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:12 PM
gooseF22

We started playing with the 3.0 beta today.. to sum it up.. you can use a sensor as a triggering event.. something like:

At some airspeed using Mspeed sensor, put the flaps down.. above some speed flaps up.. You can assign a logical switch to it as well, so you can say .. IF i get below some speed, AND the gear is down, close the speed brakes.. stuff like that..very cool

Or how about cruise control? When I flip this switch, and above and below some airspeed, add or subtract throttle.. Hmmmm.. pattern implications.. But if I jam the throttle above 75%, i want it back..

Or IF my current sensor detects Zero current on my fuel pump, Turn on a flasher on the tail.. as well as giving a sound file "flameout"..

Crazy stuff like that can be done by those who want to experiment and use their imagination..

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-06-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 AM
tonyos
My Feedback: (48)

Hi All Purchased a DC-16 almost a year ago not sure of the date time does go fast < I Purchased the tray style because of the problems with my hands ( old age ) but very Happy with it works great very easy to set up and I am sure I do not use all the features ,but I love the voice alerts so if you want a great radio do it , Thanks Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140330_121227_199.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	696.6 KB
ID:	1984904  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:16 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So are we saying that if you enable an output on an R3 used as a Satellite you CAN'T use Auto for the speed? Just curious as I have an R7 installed in my Extreme Flight 91" Yak and
it turned out I needed an 8th channel when I decided to add a choke servo. I added an r3 in dual path mode but set speed to Auto(same on R7), disabled fail-safe and put the ignition kill on the R3. It works perfectly as far as I can tell but if there is a clear reason why it should be 17ms instead of Auto I'll go change it. As far as I can tell, this is setting the speed for the stream between the 2 receivers so I couldn't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to be set as auto but then I've been wrong before. Also, a while back someone posted a link to a document describing frame rate calculation based on the number of channels, the channel pulse width + some constant but I haven't been able to find it again. If someone has the link I'd appreciate it if they could post it again so I can write it down this time..
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Puttputt maru

For the frame rate calculation look here. I think that is what you are looking for

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/Examples...the-right-way/
Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply. Everything was already as you suggested with the exception of the servo grouping.
The four Ailerons were in group A, the Elevators where in group B and the rudder and ignition where in group C but somehow the throttle
and unused channels ended up in group D. Not quite sure how that happened. The throttle and unused channels are now in group C as well.
Are there any recommendations as to the maximum number of channels that should be placed in an output group? Since it isn't uncommon to
have 6, Aileron servos in a giant scale airplane, I assume 6 servos in a group should be fine but is there a limit? Is it best to put a relatively
equal number of channels in each group ?
yes about 4servos max per group basically. The most critical would be dual servo surfaces or twin elevators. The 3D guys notice this much more than we do since we usually apply controls with a slower onset rate. My teammate joe smith messes w the grouping till it responds the way he wants. You can move groups and wiggle it to see for yourself

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-07-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by tonyos
Hi All Purchased a DC-16 almost a year ago not sure of the date time does go fast < I Purchased the tray style because of the problems with my hands ( old age ) but very Happy with it works great very easy to set up and I am sure I do not use all the features ,but I love the voice alerts so if you want a great radio do it , Thanks Tony
welcome to the family
Old 04-07-2014, 05:01 AM
gooseF22

So are we saying that if you enable an output on an R3 used as a Satellite you CAN'T use Auto for the speed? Just curious as I have an R7 installed in my Extreme Flight 91" Yak and
it turned out I needed an 8th channel when I decided to add a choke servo. I added an r3 in dual path mode but set speed to Auto(same on R7), disabled fail-safe and put the ignition kill on the R3. It works perfectly as far as I can tell but if there is a clear reason why it should be 17ms instead of Auto I'll go change it. As far as I can tell, this is setting the speed for the stream between the 2 receivers so I couldn't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to be set as auto but then I've been wrong before. Also, a while back someone posted a link to a document describing frame rate calculation based on the number of channels, the channel pulse width + some constant but I haven't been able to find it again. If someone has the link I'd appreciate it if they could post it again so I can write it down this time..
You can use auto if the servo can handle it and operate ok. But some servos won't operate at the faster frame rate so the servo be ones the limiting issue. If auto works use it
Old 04-07-2014, 05:11 AM
gooseF22

The frame rate calc for ppm is so you can determine the max channels some of the systems can handle like autopilots and some heli systems that are limited to 20ms for instance. It is unrelated to servo output speed. Output speed of servos is how fast a single pulse can be modulated (sent) to it. The ppm speed when set to auto will be fast but the entire pulse train for X channels selected will be sent before the pause. So when a receiver is speaking ppm to another receiver we just let them do their thing. But when a servo is also attached to the sat rx then we might have to slow the pwm down. So since there is only one speed setting we have to use that. Th reason it works in auto usually anyway is because the pwm pulse is sent during ppm rest times in one pulse group which isn't extremely fast.

Moral: use auto if the servos operate normally. Then slow it down only if necessary Hope that makes a little sense and doesn't confuse peeps
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Hi,
I'm trying to update my radio and have run into a problem.
I plugged in the USB adapter and W 7 identified it OK and the RX update went fine.. I tried to update the CB 200 and it couldn't find the device, so no update.
I then plugged in the TX USB cable and W 7 never identified it. I tried to download the drivers but when I tried to run the program a box popped up and said "needs elevation", whatever that means.
Seems strange that W7 sees the one USB and not the other.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jon
Old 04-07-2014, 12:27 PM
LA jetguy

Jon.. The latest receiver update (3.20) is for the receivers only... CB200 is not a receiver... just update the the receivers which will connect to the CB200. At a later date there will be an update for the CB200 but the current firmware for CB200 is 1.1
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Hi,
After updating the RX I downloaded the update for the CB, V 1.11 (I don't know which version I have). When I connected the USB adapter to the CB, that's when I got the
message that it can't find the device.
I finally got the TX updated.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:42 PM
wfield0455

Puttputt,

Thanks for the link, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Goose,

Thanks for the info on the number of servos per group, etc.

Do we know why Jet recommends using only servo groups A, B & C when the
receivers can support significantly more groups (8 or 10?)? The only reason I ask is
that configurations that can max out a central box 200 such as a 40% aerobatics
plane with 6 Ailerons servos, 4 elevator servos, 3 rudder servos plus throttle and
ignition kill pushes (breaks?) these suggested limits.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
LA jetguy

If you recently purchased the CB200 it has the 1.1 firmware on it... Once you link your receivers to your transmitter (and assuming your transmitter is updated to 2.22) and cycle power you will be able to see CB200 under the first receiver if so you are good...

enjoy your "bullet proof" system....
Old 04-07-2014, 04:06 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Puttputt,

Thanks for the link, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Goose,

Thanks for the info on the number of servos per group, etc.

Do we know why Jet recommends using only servo groups A, B & C when the
receivers can support significantly more groups (8 or 10?)? The only reason I ask is
that configurations that can max out a central box 200 such as a 40% aerobatics
plane with 6 Ailerons servos, 4 elevator servos, 3 rudder servos plus throttle and
ignition kill pushes (breaks?) these suggested limits.

You can put as many servos in a group as you want. The only caution is that since all servos in a group start at the same time the resulting current spike can get high. This is not a problem as long as your system power supply can handle it. Otherwise it is better to spread the servos out among the groups. The reason for restricting the total number of groups is to keep the latency to a minimum.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM
gooseF22

As I was reading more about the new Vario2 system, I see that it can be used as a logical switch detector.. cool..

It has 2 servo jacks on it that can detect signal to ground logic.. Ie a micro switch closing or opening. Hmmm use your imagination..

Is the canopy closed?
Is the nose gear down?

and with the upcoming telemetry actions, you can have the transmitter do something based on it..

maybe a true sequencer that is based on actions instead of timing..

doors open _switchA open.......
Gear down - switch B closed.....
Doors close - switch A closed..

transmitter says "gear down and locked your majesty, you may land now"
Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 PM
gooseF22

F106
You have to apply power to the CB200 thru the multiplex port before you hook the dongle up to the EXT port and try to update it..
Old 04-08-2014, 05:56 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by gooseF22
As I was reading more about the new Vario2 system, I see that it can be used as a logical switch detector.. cool..

It has 2 servo jacks on it that can detect signal to ground logic.. Ie a micro switch closing or opening. Hmmm use your imagination..

Is the canopy closed?
Is the nose gear down?

and with the upcoming telemetry actions, you can have the transmitter do something based on it..

maybe a true sequencer that is based on actions instead of timing..

doors open _switchA open.......
Gear down - switch B closed.....
Doors close - switch A closed..

transmitter says "gear down and locked your majesty, you may land now"
All very cool but you should also be able to do all that by assigning otherwise unused receiver channel(s) as a digital input(s), right?
Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 AM
gooseF22

All very cool but you should also be able to do all that by assigning otherwise unused receiver channel(s) as a digital input(s), right?
Yes if you have a spare..
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 PM
gooseF22

Ok guys, here is another setup modification to chew on..

We all like the CB200.. its a cool setup.. It gives you a real time usage of your receiver batts, servo isolation, redundant source.. all good stuff.

Here is an idea if you are using an R14/18.

Install two MUI30's in between your batteries and your switch.. They will then stay powered at a low state while your batts are plugged in, and reset when you unplug your batts to charge them.. I am going to install them just prior to my wolverine switch in my Kingcat.. then it goes to twin inputs into the R14.. Since Im switching it to A123's, I will know exactly what I use..

Also, if you happen to use lion or lipos and a regulator, this setup will give you Actual battery voltage..

I know there are other good ways, but I really like the idea of knowing exactly how much juice is in my batts, and how much it expended, especially if using A123's, because the only reliable reading with them is MAH used..

If you use an R14or 18, you can also add a 3rd receiver in clone mode if you desire.. just assign the morse code to an unused letter, and associate a file with it, such as "second PPM weak"

Also during setup, it will show you real time current, so you can instantly see if a servo is binding.. just like the CB

Again, its an idea if you already have a standard receiver.. It would also work actually in any model as long as you disconnect the battery when you break for the day, so it won't run it down.. we install the MUI30 with bullet plugs at each end for our fuel pumps, so we can remove them if needed

On my electrics, I wired up an Mui 50 or 75 with plugs at each end, so I could use them for setups, and if desired leave them in.. Its already saved me a couple packs, with the over current alarm..

goose..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1602.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1985637  

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-09-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.