Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAMBUSTER
Forget using "differential",adjust "servo travel" so that the down going aileron moves less than the up going,just make sure both ailerons travel the same amount,up and down. Also in the same screen adjust "total travel" so that whatever extremes the controls are at ( in total i.e. crow and full aileron ) the servo or surface does not bottom out.
This is the method I and most pattern fliers use.
Cheers.
Thanks Dambuster

Dambuster or anyone else, is there a way to do it your way by assigning a knob to adjust the differential so that it could be efficiently and quickly modified while flying?

If this is the only way to go, I wonder why Jeti did the differential aileron that way. It seems to me that the function should only affect the downward movement of the aileron, not the upward as well. At least that is the way I have always modified my differential by reducing only the downward movement of the ailerons.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:20 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
Thanks Dambuster

Dambuster or anyone else, is there a way to do it your way by assigning a knob to adjust the differential so that it could be efficiently and quickly modified while flying?

If this is the only way to go, I wonder why Jeti did the differential aileron that way. It seems to me that the function should only affect the downward movement of the aileron, not the upward as well. At least that is the way I have always modified my differential by reducing only the downward movement of the ailerons.
I always use the differential adjustment but you are correct that when you turn the knob you can see both the up and down values change. The way to avoid the problem you encountered is to set the max positive limit and max negative limit in servo setup. These are basically absolute travel settings and are supposed to prevent mixes, etc, from driving the servo past it's mechanical limits.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:41 AM
Puttputt maru

Wayne sounds like a plan, I will check it tonight
Old 07-17-2014, 06:29 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on the road. Someone pls check in the aileron differential menu and see if there yes a "sym" button to disengage symmetric differential? Post a pic if you could please.

play w we it to see if it will allow up and down to be different like left right

Last edited by gooseF22; 07-17-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Snowflake6515

Aileron Differential DOES have a SYM button. The only effect is to decouple the multiple aileron servos from each other; i.e., the UP or DOWN ailerons can be modified together (SYM) or separately (NOT SYM).

There does not appear to be a change in UP vis-a-vis DOWN regardless of SYM selection.

I use fixed aileron differential because setting maximum travel limits does not work, for me, when DR are less than the maximum. I agree with a previous poster that only the downward deflected aileron should be affected.

Michael

Originally Posted by gooseF22
I'm on the road. Someone pls check in the aileron differential menu and see if there yes a "sym" button to disengage symmetric differential? Post a pic if you could please.

play w we it to see if it will allow up and down to be different like left right

Last edited by Snowflake6515; 07-17-2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old 07-17-2014, 05:36 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

IMO, it is best to use the limit setting in the servo setup page to set the max travel limits the control surface can safely be deflected. Then set the travel limits to what you will use for high rate. This way you don't need to worry about over driving the control surface when making later adjustments.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:31 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

That differential behaves differently to every other brand. It may be deliberate but it may be an error by Jeti programmers. Will the info get fed back to jeti to correct it?
Using travel limits is not suitable since many users especially glider guiders like to have different differential per flight mode.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:05 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by HarryC
That differential behaves differently to every other brand. It may be deliberate but it may be an error by Jeti programmers. Will the info get fed back to jeti to correct it?
Using travel limits is not suitable since many users especially glider guiders like to have different differential per flight mode.
The problem being solved really has nothing to do with differential but rather that people often set their max travel to the largest value where the control surface doesn't bind. Mixes, or even large trim changes can shift the entire travel window and max travel values that were fine when everything was centered, with no mixes, suddenly start to bind when maximum rates are used. Using max travel limits is the proper way to prevent driving control surfaces past their mechanical limits.

Also, use of max travel limits has nothing to do with how many flight modes you can chose or how many differential settings you can have. Regardless of how the differential mix works, if you set your max travel value to the largest desired control surface deflection and then set your max travel limit value to prevent control surface binding you can have as many flight modes and differential setting as you want and your controls won't bind in any of them.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Puttputt maru

Thanks all The Max control throw limit works like a charm, two thumbs up to that.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:36 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by HarryC
Diff it does work per flight mode if desired. I know you don't own the radio so please sir, speak only from first hand knowledge.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:45 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
Aileron Differential DOES have a SYM button. The only effect is to decouple the multiple aileron servos from each other; i.e., the UP or DOWN ailerons can be modified together (SYM) or separately (NOT SYM).

There does not appear to be a change in UP vis-a-vis DOWN regardless of SYM selection.

I use fixed aileron differential because setting maximum travel limits does not work, for me, when DR are less than the maximum. I agree with a previous poster that only the downward deflected aileron should be affected.

Michael
thx Michael. I will mess with it next week when I get home. If a fix is needed I will write it up and forward it to my team lead
Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Puttputt maru

In the end max throw limit works fine with a few quirks:

1) if you are not at the limit the aileron differential adjust both ailerons moving one a bit further up and the other a bit less down in the travel. This will have I guess a faster effect on the differential.

2) If you have reach the travel limit of one of the aileron then only the down aileron gets corrected reducing its down travel

As mentioned above the "SYM" just allows to modify S1 and S2 (or more) independently
Old 07-19-2014, 07:15 PM
gooseF22

1) if you are not at the limit the aileron differential adjust both ailerons moving one a bit further up and the other a bit less down in the travel. This will have I guess a faster effect on the differential.

2) If you have reach the travel limit of one of the aileron then only the down aileron gets corrected reducing its down travel

As mentioned above the "SYM" just allows to modify S1 and S2 (or more) independently
thx puttputt

diff can be set to flight modes to give different values as well as having different expo settings if desired.

Also in butterfly differential can be tweaked if using crow. Darn smart radio!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Pepperpete

Had a pleasant surprise tonight. I am putting the finishing touches on a Skymaster F-18 that I'm running electric using a Jeti 135 ESC. I had bought the ESC a long time before the DC-16 even existed. I didn't really go through the manual back in the day and had no idea until I hooked it up that it had a full telemetry suite built right into the controller itself. So that saved me some pain in the butt wiring of a 150 Voltage monitor. It worked without having to configure anything as well and that alone sold me on using Jeti ESC's from this point forward. I love this product!

Now I do have a question. For the alarms you have the option for "repeat" or just once. Is there any way at all to select "repeat twice" or "repeat three times" etc etc. Sometimes my flying field is very loud and I may not hear the first warning. This seems like something that should be in the programing somewhere. Thanks guys.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Puttputt maru

Pepperpete,I use different ways depending on different types of alarms since there is no repeat twice options:

1) For important alarms that tell me to land, I have them on repeat and I use a knob to control volume so I can turn it down when I get fed up.

2) For alarms that inform me, I have either:
a) 2 alarms at different values so if I miss one the next one will tell me for example mAh consumed
b) and/or a switch that will repeat the value of the telemetry

Since the latest version that increased the volume I have had no problem hearing the alarms but before I had an earpiece in one ear when I was in a noisy environment.

Hope that helps
Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Pepperpete

Thanks for the info! I really wish you could "cancel" an alarm that starts going off on "repeat". Seems strange that you can't just hit some kind of "escape" such as a switch or the rotary knob button.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:05 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I found that putting an alarm on repeat was annoying but was also concerned that I might not hear the alarm if it was only said once. My solution (also used by Goose) was to create a sound file which said the alarm three times eg. "Flameout flameout flameout". Works great.

Regards,

Jim
Old 07-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
I found that putting an alarm on repeat was annoying but was also concerned that I might not hear the alarm if it was only said once. My solution (also used by Goose) was to create a sound file which said the alarm three times eg. "Flameout flameout flameout". Works great.

Regards,

Jim
Now why didn't I think of that before. Nice work around. Firing up the computer to create some right now. Thanks R & G
Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Pepperpete

Thats brilliant. I didnt even consider doing it that way. Works like a charm. Seems strange they don't let you specify how many times to repeat it but this will work.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Seems strange they don't let you specify how many times to repeat it but this will work.
Jeti being what they are:

Very proactive to respond to users requests, I would not be surprised if that might be in an up and coming version since quite a few people have asked for that or at least a way to disable the repeat.

I don't think it would be a big programming job to add some option in the alarm menu for a repeat thrice option for example.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Puttputt maru

A new twist in the stop the repeat sound for alarms.

Each alarms has an enable switch in the set up menu. By using the switch for the alarm, it shuts up the repeated message when you switch that switch. Thanks to cbdane over at helifreak for that.

Now the way to do it, is to use one switch only for all your essential alarms, the ones that tell you "land fast or else". When it sounds and you get tired hearing it, just flick the switch. It will turn off all your essential alarms of course but who cares, you have to land quick anyway.

Actually I like the fact that I won't hear any other alarms, might as well not get more nerve racking warnings when you have to land.

Of course don't forget to use a pre requisite switch positioning so that it is in the on position when you take off

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 07-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:57 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I am not sure why people are having a problem with aileron differential. On my set the up and down travel can be set quite independently per servo, per flight mode. There is no interaction between the upgoing travel limit and the down going travel limit. am I missing something? Where is the problem folks?
John
Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by JohnMac
I am not sure why people are having a problem with aileron differential. On my set the up and down travel can be set quite independently per servo, per flight mode. There is no interaction between the upgoing travel limit and the down going travel limit. am I missing something? Where is the problem folks?
John
I hope you have found the way and please share it

have a look there http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post28976212 and help all of them too
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I was not looking at aileron mixing, but I was looking at aileron differential. I also looked at assymetrical mixing of rudder to elevator and that too is easy to do. I wil try later to make an aileron input mix and see how I get on.
John
Old 07-22-2014, 03:01 PM
wfield0455

I hope you have found the way and please share it

have a look there http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post28976212 and help all of them too
I believe he is setting it manually by directly editing the differential values, they can be changed individually so you can simply change only up or down values if that is what you want. However, both up and down are changed equally when you are tuning differential in flight using a knob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.