Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:16 PM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I am looking for some help programming the Jeti DS-16 to a jetronics vx ECU that came with my evojet 160. I have removed my JR radio from this jet and put the Jeti with CB200 in place. I did figure out that by changing throttle parameters in the radio to +80 to -50 the ECU recognizes this as 100% throttle down to 0% throttle. The question I have is appropriate throttle trim parameters to continue the start up and shutdown sequence for the ECU. This is currently eluding me. Will be setting up throttle trim on a 2 position locking switch.
Thanks Roy
Old 07-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Treesnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roydefiant
I am looking for some help programming the Jeti DS-16 to a jetronics vx ECU that came with my evojet 160. I have removed my JR radio from this jet and put the Jeti with CB200 in place. I did figure out that by changing throttle parameters in the radio to +80 to -50 the ECU recognizes this as 100% throttle down to 0% throttle. The question I have is appropriate throttle trim parameters to continue the start up and shutdown sequence for the ECU. This is currently eluding me. Will be setting up throttle trim on a 2 position locking switch.
Thanks Roy
Hi, a little confusing reading what you are trying to achieve but this may help.

I have my end points programmed to -100 + 100 in the normal way. My ECU is set to these end points using the learn throttle feature in the ECU ( fadec ) I assume there is a similar feature for your ECU to learn the throttle points of the radio.

I then have my trim set on a two position switch. " Turbine ready " voice and the switch raises the trim to arm the ECU so to speak.
switch off " Turbine shutdown " voice and the trim is lowered to turbine shutoff.

This is achieved using this ( below screenshot ) part of the menu to select the switch. I think from memory you can then select the amount of trim offset.

You can see here that my turbine trim is controlled by Sd switch. Turbine on / Off

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	2018195  

Last edited by Treesnake; 07-28-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: pic added
Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Roy... I would set the throttle servo (usually pin 1) travel limits (not max limits.. Leave them at 125) between -80 at +80 with -80 when throttle stitch is all the way down. Then in function assignment menu associate the switch (your locking switch) to trim of the throttle function (as screen shot above) and set trim max at 25%. To check the setup when the trim switch is executed your low end throttle travel should increase by 25... That is it would be -55 at low throttle and +80 at high throttle ... And then when you flip,the switch it should go back to -80 at low and +80 at high end....

Now go train (learn) ECU based on the switch for trim travel and the actual throttle stick... And that should do it... The final stage is to setup fail safe for your engine in the cb200...

In the fail safe menu for CB 200 under pin 1 make sure it's states "failsafe" not hold and the value to be -125% and the delay at 0..

That should do it... Good luck
Old 07-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi LA Jetguy

Quote "In the fail safe menu for CB 200 under pin 1 make sure it's states "failsafe" not hold and the value to be -125% and the delay at 0.."

I am assuming this -125% failsafe value is to shut down the turbine with no delay, would not a .5sec be safer?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 07-29-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:38 AM
enaltoe

DC-16 - Power box iGyro

Good day to all.
One question:
I have a DC-16 Jeti Duplex + receiving Jetidex R9 programmed to use the ex- bus.
I would like to install PowerBox iGyro srs but I do not understand the instructions.
The Power Box iGyro has only one signal input (serial input 1), which then controls the Aileron servos a- b, Elevator servos a-b and Rudder.
The input signal of iGyro (serial imput 1) where I have to connect it in the R9?
How do I address-programm the three signals from the TX (aileron, elevator, rudder) on the single receiver output R9?
Thanks.

Enry
Old 07-29-2014, 01:30 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Mark... you are talking about a different delay... On the top of the failsafe menu in CB200 (or other receivers) you have a 1.5 sec timer which can be adjusted as desired (I think legal AMA for turbines is 2.0 sec). That timer starts the sec there is loss of signal and if signal remains lost after that time "Failsafe" or "hold" mode will be executed...

NOW.. the delay in front (same row) as each pin is for once failsafe is executed how slow the control for that pin reaches that desired / pre set (ie throttle -125%) position.

Hope that clears is for you....

Enjoy your Jeti system....
Old 07-29-2014, 11:46 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi LA Jetguy

Thanks for clearing that up.,
Like most things on the Jeti if you just look at the screen it its usually fairly intuitive.
I some times feel like a monkey at a type writer but always get the book written .

Out of curiosity if you were set the throttle failsafe to no servo pulse on loss of RF link, would not the ECU interpret that and use its own failsafe like the days of FM?
Just a thought, I will have a tinker on the bench later and see what happens.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:38 AM
LA jetguy

Mark,

The latest ECU from Jetcat V10 (as well as the V6.0) and the Xicoy V10 (not sure of the older bigger boxes) have a built in failsafe function. The are programed to shut down turbine in the event of RF link Loss / power. You can check that by disconnecting throttle wire on the CB200 or any other receiver while the turbine is running... In that event the turbine shuts down immediately and will not go through its builtin failsafe timed programming...

Keep in mind that failsafe programing of turbines resides on the ECU and not on the internal board of the turbines...

Enjoy...

David
Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 PM
roydefiant

At the suggestion of Jim (RCJETS 63) I measured the receiver pulse I used on my JR receiver so I can translate that info to my JETI to match my jetronics VX ecu for my evojet 160.
throttle down, trim down= 1107
throttle down, trim up= 1332
throttle up, trim up= 1899
Old 07-30-2014, 07:58 PM
DAMBUSTER

Hi All, I own a DS-16,I want to inhibit the steering servo when the 'cart is retracted. I have tried via the sequencer where I have (I think!) the doors and 'cart sequenced to:- doors open,'cart up,doors close,doors open,'cart down,doors close.
I thought that adding another sequence via the 'cart switch to inhibit the steering would work..well it doesn't for me !
Then I thought a free mix where the 'cart is master and steering slave would do the trick,well I thought wrong there too !
Almost certainly I am doing something wrong,so if some kind gentleman could "walk" me through the programming I would be most obliged.
Cheers Dambuster.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:01 PM
LA jetguy

Dambuster... I have a mix of rudder to my steering and on the second page of that mix I have used the retract switch to activate that mix... Therefore when the gears are down the mix is active and the rudder (master) moves the steering (slave).. And when I retract my gears up that mix is deactivated so the rudder movement doesn't move the steering ...

To take it a step further the amount of Rudder to Steering mix is flight mode dependent so during take off flight mode the mix is lower than the regular flight and landing mode....

Enjoy your Jeti system...
Old 07-31-2014, 06:11 PM
roydefiant

I now have the jeti and jetronics vx ecu responding and working with the evojet 160 but ended up needing to change throttle throw end points to +60 to -50 before it would respond. all good now .locking 2 way switch works well. Thanks for the help from everyone Roy
Old 08-01-2014, 11:32 AM
LA jetguy

Roy.. You will have no problem flying your hawk or tudor next week... You will be in hands of a master... the best I know...

Enjoy your Jeti system...
Old 08-01-2014, 07:10 PM
roydefiant

You are correct on both accounts

Roy
Old 08-01-2014, 11:16 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I believe he is setting it manually by directly editing the differential values, they can be changed individually so you can simply change only up or down values if that is what you want. However, both up and down are changed equally when you are tuning differential in flight using a knob.
Sorry to bring this back up after a week. I had not realised that the discussion centred around adjusting differential in the air. Wayne is exactly correct. The first step is to set the limits of the servos. As an example I did this on a 4 servo wing, set each at 60% in each direction. I then set the master control to 30%. The diff now works exactly as expected.
Whilst it may seem slightly long winded to have to set the limits for each servo, this is an essential discipline.
John
Old 08-03-2014, 06:13 AM
gooseF22

Next level:

We know the Mspeed can be used to trim functions.. If there is a trim, you can use the Mspeed set up as a proportional switch to control it.. its a little tricky to set up, so keep a bail out switch..

For instance, airspeed trimmed gyro effect.. or constant airspeed hold..you can mix effect to throttle and get some interesting effects.. You could set up a constant speed approach, or a routine with constant speed.. I hope to play with this a little more with a beater plane or a Habu foamie down the road, with a taped on Mspeed... probably in the fall..

Another idea would be to use the Mspeed to trim a set of canards and reduce the throw as the speed increased.. trim the mix per say

Remember that no matter what the effect or mix, no matter what, IF you put a free mix with the control mixed to itself and -100%, it will zero out that effect to its default value.

just wanted you guys to think outside the box a little.. I heard some of the pattern guys using the constant speed mode with good results..
Old 08-07-2014, 12:07 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I use the MUI capacity counter as a fuel gauge in my jets. I wonder if there is an easier way to manually reset the capacity counter than through the Jetibox emulation of the radio? I have the sensor configured to reset the capacity counter each time I turn on the radio, but this is not my question. I often use a taxi tank so the turbine is running on the ground for some time with the capacity counter already being active. I'd like to be able to assign a switch to either manually start the counting (which would be the gear switch) or manually reset the counter before take off.

Perfect would be if the "remote commands" function that was added with the latest software update would also support all sensors, but currently this only seems to work with the Central Box itself.

Any ideas?

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 08-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by bluelevel
I use the MUI capacity counter as a fuel gauge in my jets. I wonder if there is an easier way to manually reset the capacity counter than through the Jetibox emulation of the radio? I have the sensor configured to reset the capacity counter each time I turn on the radio, but this is not my question. I often use a taxi tank so the turbine is running on the ground for some time with the capacity counter already being active. I'd like to be able to assign a switch to either manually start the counting (which would be the gear switch) or manually reset the counter before take off.

Perfect would be if the "remote commands" function that was added with the latest software update would also support all sensors, but currently this only seems to work with the Central Box itself.

Any ideas?

Thomas
Thomas, we have asked for that capability.. its being worked on.. However until then.. just unplug the small voltage wire and replug it into the source.. or put a small micro switch on the small power wire..

I put a small servo connector on the MUI power wire, and my batteries have both a Deans and a servo wire output.. if I need to reset it, I just do as above..

A momentary always on micro switch would work too.. they are on amazon..

As of now, the MUI is not radio resettable via a switch.. but hopefully via some future upgrade it will be..
Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Can you use ports 17/18 on the 18ch RX?
i don't see how you can since the Tx is 16 ch but why would Jeti make a 18ch Rx.
jon
Old 08-10-2014, 01:45 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by F106A
Can you use ports 17/18 on the 18ch RX?
i don't see how you can since the Tx is 16 ch but why would Jeti make a 18ch Rx.
jon
Jon, yes you can use them. you can duplicate channels, such as flaps or ailerons or elevators.. then each channel can be adjusted in the receiver.. it works great..

Its a 16 Function output.. you can map any function to any channel..

For instance a 3 servo wing can use one "channel"..
Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I've run across a bug in the free mixes. I set up a mix of rudder to steering which was enabled / disabled by the landing gear switch. The problem I ran into is that I wanted the mix to follow the raw, rudder stick input and NOT be affected by the rudder dual rate setting so I left "slave dual rate" disabled. On JR / Spektrum systems they refer to this as an Origin Mix. I tried checking and un-checking the "slave dual rate" option in the rudder to steering mix but the servo monitor indicates it makes no difference. Whenever I changed flight modes, which changes dual rate settings, the steering servo output was reduced proportionally to the rudder dual rate setting. I've changed this by assigning the steering servo function to the rudder stick and then creating a steering -> steering mix of -100% to disable steering when the gear is retracted but I'd still like to verify that I wasn't doing something wrong expecting the dual rates to only affect the mix when "slave dual rates" is checked off. Has anyone else noticed this behavior ?

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-11-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 PM
DAMBUSTER

Hi, LA jetguy,please accept my apology for being so tardy in getting back,but thank you for your help with the steering programming. It works perfectly.I hope I didn't seem too rude.
I have another question to anyone...surprise ! I have the MSpeed,is it plug and play? I have changed the units to KPH , but when plugged to the Jetibox I don't seem to get the screens as per the instructions and the Tx "Jetibox" appears to do nothing.Can I plug the "Jetibox" into the Rx ? Will the voice alerts automatically call out the speed? How do I set the frequency of the speed readout at,say 10 KPH steps. All and any help would be most gratefully received.
Cheers Guys.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Dambuster... The Mspeed is plug and play... once the pitot tube is installed, the black plug (the red plug you can tie away) should plug into the "EXT" port on your receiver. Once plugged you go to the "sensors menu" on your transmitter and should see the Mspeed sensor as "Velocity m/s".. if you don't see it use the refresh (Auto) soft button and it will repopulate the screen for you. Once you see the sensor you are all good. Under the "Alarm menu" you need to add the sensor and use X> 90 m/s (which is almost 200mph) and then associate a voice file to alarm you at that speed... of course you can add other alarms with lower m/s as you wish. Under "Voice Outputs" you can associate the velocity sensor to the trigger switch with a duration of announcement. I have mine on Landing mode switch only with a 3 sec announcement...

Then you can add the sensor to your main screen by adding it under "Display Telemetry" menu and in there you can change the units to display as you wish.

To test all of this is to blow slightly into the pitot tube and see the result on your screen...

Keep in mind that all of the above does not require "jetibox" at all.... Beauty of the DS/DC 16/14 system...

Enjoy...
Old 08-13-2014, 07:36 PM
DAMBUSTER

Hi LA jetguy, Again thank you for your help,it is much appreciated.I will go and "play" !
Cheers Dambuster.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Mark Vandervelden

OK guys I just got the Jeti flow sensor and have installed it into my JL Alpha Jet to see how I get on with it rather than relying on just the flight timer.
I have connected it to the output 15/Ex2 on my CB200 that's has been configured to Ex and it dose show up in "timers/logging Setup" .
I can choose to display info on the screen and have opted for "flow" in ml and "R.volume" (remaing volume?) and set the alarm to "X<250ml.
I pumped fuel through it using my fuel station, the telemetry shows up fine, it counted down the ml and showed the flow rate, the alarm sounded when below 250ml.
Now all I need to do is set the value at which the flow meter starts at to 3000ml but its factory set to 500ml and I cant find any way to alter it?
I was rather hopping a menu would show up once it detects the fuel sensor rather like the one for the timer but nothing, Any pointers .
I'm also not sure how you would go about resetting it each time you refuel or is it just reset each time the Tx/Rx is switched off then back on?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeti Flow Meter in Alpha.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	2022811  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 08-16-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.