Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:56 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I have had a play this morning and followed my nose through the posabilatys, thankfully as most of Jeti is fairly intuitive I have managed to answer some of my own question. I have found you can easily alter the Flow sensor parameters but only in the Jetibox emulator and then only if the Rx being used has its EX output set to "Jetibox & servo" not Ex. Once the Rx has its out put changed adjusting the flow sensor shows up straight away within the Jetibox emulator and is fairly straight forward to adjust, I have now been abel to set the tank volume to 3000ml and alarm to 15% (450ml).

Still not got to the bottom of resetting the readout other than switching every thing off then on again? bit naff if that is the only way, I'm sure that cant be it surely?.
Also the only way too trigger the point at which it begins monitoring fuel flow seems to be when it detects actual fuel flow at a predetermined rate, this point can also be set in the Jeti box from 0 ml min upwards.
What I really need is a way to trigger the starting of measuring the fuel manually, IE when the taxi tank is removed, has anyone sussed this already?

It would be nice to see at some time in the future a dedicated menu for the flow meter in the TXs software like the page for the timer.
The Jetibox emulators menu is a bit "old hat" and reminds me of early Tx or charger programing form the eighty's!
Saying that its clear, straight forward and most importantly it works.

Im now going to fill and then empty my 3lt tank on the Alpha a few times at different flow rates through the Flow meter. I will be using my Fuel Stations pump to save my turbines pump, Jeti say it will read within 2% or in this case + or - 60ml, we shall see .

PS
I have now set up a model memory on the Tx just for adjusting the sensors that need to be altered and have to be done through the Jetibox emulator. From now on I will probably try to use a spare Rx to alter sensors rather than alter the Rx in the airframe I'm using at that time. This is to save accidently leaving or adjusting a parameter wile going through the Device explorer on the Rx or RXs being used in an airframe.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 08-17-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: To update my findings
Old 08-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi all
I have bench tested the Jeti flow meter and found that no matter what speed or speeds I empty the tank in my Alpha Jet at the final readout is very constant.
In this particular airframe I get a good flow of fuel then a stream of bubbles starts as the UAT completely empty's at exactly 2,950ml every time.
I also went to the trouble of marking on the tank each 500ml of fuel as it was used, these marks were also amazingly constant and will be helpful when setting a final alarm

"Now I have only one thing to sort out"

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Still not got to the bottom of resetting the readout other than switching every thing off then on again? bit naff if that is the only way, I'm sure that cant be it surely?.
Also the only way too trigger the point at which it begins monitoring fuel flow seems to be when it detects actual fuel flow at a predetermined rate, this point can also be set in the Jeti box from 0 ml min upwards.
What I really need is a way to trigger the starting of measuring the fuel manually, IE when the taxi tank is removed, has anyone sussed this already?

I was surprised not to get any feedback on this point over the last day or two but figured a lot of guys were out to play over the weekend
So if anyone's got some incite in to setting up and resetting the readout from the flow meter It would be appreciated.

Mark V

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpha Jet tank, 500ml marks.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	2023580  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 08-19-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:20 AM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mark,
Nice work on the FF sensor. Sounds like it's doing the job nicely.

With regards to the resetting of your fuel countdown, have you tried going into the CB200 menu?
In there, you can set up a switch to reset ALL of your telemetry. I use the rotary switch 8 to do both volume and resetting of telemetry. Works a treat.
This might work. However, the downside is you'll also reset battery data etc. But provided you have an idea of of the state of your batteries, I doubt this will be of great concern.

Give it a try. Best of luck!!!
Morten

P.s: If you need help setting up the switch for resetting, let me know. I can type out a step by step guide.

Last edited by mort78; 08-19-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added comments
Old 08-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Thanks Mort

I had forgotten this feature in the CB, I can live with resetting the battery telemetry at the same time so will tinker and report back.

I too have recently adopted "8" as a volume control to quieten the Tx down wile in the pits as I was taking a little "too much" friendly banter from the guys with my Tx chatting away.
The down side of adopting a manual volume control is forgetting to turn it back up when leaving the pits, using "8" to reset the telemetry also will help remind me to turn it back up .
Old 08-21-2014, 09:02 AM
ace_drummond
My Feedback: (21)

I have DS16 and MV_Vario that I have in my Radian glider. I want it to report by voice the altitude. I have succeeded in getting all that to work with one exception it reports the wrong altitude.
I live in the Denver CO area. At home (6250 msl) it reports '0' - at the field (5750msl) it reports 3200msl.
My question is there a way to either zero the altimeter before launch to either local msl or zero so that the report I get verbally is in fact correct? Thanks//Norm
Old 08-21-2014, 04:46 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Norm,

When making your telemetry data selection for the MVario, you can select absolute altitude or relative altitude. It sounds like you have selected absolute altitude. Just delete that selection and select relative altitude instead (it is a bit further down the list). Relative altitude is zero'd whenever you turn on power.

Regards,

Jim
Old 08-22-2014, 01:55 PM
merlin6161

Hi all,

My DS-16 is now back from Jeti after the problems I had a few months ago. Jeti have not indicated whether they found anything wrong or not. All I know is that the Tx firmware has been updated and reset.
Assuming all is ok I have been busy converting my Elan to Jeti. I have also installed and set up a MUI 30 for fuel monitoring after reading about it on this forum. It works a treat. Thanks to all who posted about the set up which made it quite straightforward.
I also picked up a Cortex gyro from Esprit while I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago. I got to fly the Elan with it today starting with a gain of 20 and gradually winding it up until it reached 35 before I got an oscillation in the yaw axis. I didn't get the impression that elevator and aileron were truly stabilised at this point. My thinking is that the rate on rudder is too high. Also, if I dial down the rudder rate I will have to get the Cortex to re learn the new rate value. I can then fly again and get the gain up higher. Am I right in my assumptions here?
Also, am I looking for oscillations in all 3 axis and then to back the gain off a tad?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:58 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the yaw is oscillating before the other axis then you can plug the Cortex into a PC and use the software to independantly lower the rudder channel gain a little and then try it again. Don't change the rate on your rudder.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Pepperpete

I realize this is going to seem like a stupid question with all the information in this thread...

Can someone please tell me how to assign flight modes? I go into the Flight Mode menu and add the three that I want (Takeoff, Flight, Landing) and assign a sound file. When I flip the flight mode switch it shows up on the screen near the top. But I cant figure out how to change the settings (ail, ele, rud etc) to match each flight mode . If I select "edit" all it lets me do is rename the files etc....

I figured it would be like the dual rate menu with options to change each setting for each flight mode but its not the same...

i must seriously be missing something here....
Old 08-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by merlin6161

I also picked up a Cortex gyro from Esprit while I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago. I got to fly the Elan with it today starting with a gain of 20 and gradually winding it up until it reached 35 before I got an oscillation in the yaw axis. I didn't get the impression that elevator and aileron were truly stabilised at this point. My thinking is that the rate on rudder is too high. Also, if I dial down the rudder rate I will have to get the Cortex to re learn the new rate value. I can then fly again and get the gain up higher. Am I right in my assumptions here?
Also, am I looking for oscillations in all 3 axis and then to back the gain off a tad?

Thanks.
If you set all control throws to a similar amount during the learning step you will eliminate the oscillation. Then reset the throws before flight. It's a trick I learned before the software became available. I still set up my models this way and only use the pc if absolutely necessary.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:00 AM
DAMBUSTER

Hi, In addition to Pepperpetes query I have used a three position switch (SA) to flight modes for take off and landing,I have also set up crow for landing and slowed the servo response. The problem is that in position one,take off,I get a fixed non adjustable throw as a ,smaller, percentage of position two,landing.In position one I also get a percentage of crow and down elevator that I do not want. Further to this the slowed servo response only works with the flaps going down and the ailerons up,reversing the switch to flight position the servos move at their normal speed.This situation could result in a crash if lift is reduced too quickly before speed rises sufficiently.
I am guessing I am doing something wrong,but I can't find any more settings in the Flight Mode menu.
I am sure some kind soul on here will take pity and point me in the right direction !....................As has happened before !
Cheers Dambuster.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:00 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
I realize this is going to seem like a stupid question with all the information in this thread...

Can someone please tell me how to assign flight modes? I go into the Flight Mode menu and add the three that I want (Takeoff, Flight, Landing) and assign a sound file. When I flip the flight mode switch it shows up on the screen near the top. But I cant figure out how to change the settings (ail, ele, rud etc) to match each flight mode . If I select "edit" all it lets me do is rename the files etc....

I figured it would be like the dual rate menu with options to change each setting for each flight mode but its not the same...

i must seriously be missing something here....
I simply configured my flight modes and then went into the dual rate menu and changed them from global to separate. Don't assign a switch in dual rates, simply select each flight mode and
change the dual rate / expo values. Other thing you may wish to change per flight mode should work the same way.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Pepperpete

Ok so I setup the flight modes I want in the "flite mode" menu and assign the sound files. Then I go into Dual Rates and turn off global? I will give this a go tonight but Ive gotta be honest...it sure would be nice if all the flight mode adjustments were under the Flight Mode menu...just seems more logical to me. I never would have figured out how to do it otherwise. Thanks for the tips.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

Guys,
I was flying at a Jet event this weekend. My jet is setup as Dual Mode receivers (R9 + satellite) according to the instructions within this thread.
While setting up the Jet I would get "Satellite receiver lost". I would Reboot -same result. Reboot- warning gone. All 4 Antennas showed 9 and 100% during the "Sat reciever lost" warning.
I don't get it?! All connections were checked.
Would you have flown? I elected not to.
Does anyone have a suggestion or idea of what is causing this?
Chris
Old 08-26-2014, 03:53 AM
lxfly

Originally Posted by Downwind3Zero
Guys,
I was flying at a Jet event this weekend. My jet is setup as Dual Mode receivers (R9 + satellite) according to the instructions within this thread.
While setting up the Jet I would get "Satellite receiver lost". I would Reboot -same result. Reboot- warning gone. All 4 Antennas showed 9 and 100% during the "Sat reciever lost" warning.
I don't get it?! All connections were checked.
Would you have flown? I elected not to.
Does anyone have a suggestion or idea of what is causing this?
Chris
As you get the 4 antenna signals, both receivers seem to work fine. Or you have a bad connection between R9 and satellite or you just got a timing problem when switching on.

Try following: Switch on your receivers. When you get the warning take a look at your receivers connection, when there is no warning, plug out the connection from satellite to R9 and you should now get a warning of lost signal. When you replug the connection and the warning disappears everything should working fine.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:23 AM
lxfly

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Ok so I setup the flight modes I want in the "flite mode" menu and assign the sound files. Then I go into Dual Rates and turn off global? I will give this a go tonight but Ive gotta be honest...it sure would be nice if all the flight mode adjustments were under the Flight Mode menu...just seems more logical to me. I never would have figured out how to do it otherwise. Thanks for the tips.
Hi Pete,
You just have to get the logic once. For every programming function you have a global or a separate setting mode.

As long as you have no extra flight mode programmed , every functions are global. When you have created flight modes, you may leave the setting on global and each function keeps the same value for all flight modes (ie dual rate is set to 30% for each mode).
When you change to separate, the value (30%) is copied to each flight mode, but now you may change this value for each selection. You have to activate the flight mode switch to the desired mode and you may now change the value( ie 30% -> 20%) for the active mode. This works for dual rate, expo, servo throw, trim, curves, additional functions etc. That's why the adjustments are not in the flight mode menu but with the functions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:21 AM
wfield0455

Ok, a basic setup question that I don't seem to be able to resolve. It seems so simple that I'm embarrassed to have to ask for help but I've played with this for quite a bit and can't get it to work under all conditions. Basically, I'm setting up the brake function on a jet and I want the following;

The brake is to be controlled by down elevator, only when the gear switch is in the "gear down" position. The brake channel needs to be at -100% when the elevator is at center and
move proportionally to +100% when full down elevator is applied. The brake control must not be affected by the elevator dual rate settings. When the gear switch is in the "gear up" position,
the brake channel needs to stay at -100% regardless of elevator stick input. I would also like to have a "parking brake" function which will set the brake channel to +100% when slider -5 is on full.

Things I've tried;

Use Function Assign to assign the elevator stick to the brake function and then use Function Curves to set a 3 point curve of -100%, -100%, +100%. This give proper brake action but it can't be turned off when the gear is retracted. I tried a mix of Brake to Brake with a value of -100% enabled by the gear switch in the gear up position but that simply locks the brake channel to 0%, not the -100% needed.

I've tried simply mixing elevator to brake but still, when the mix is disabled, it goes to 0%, not the -100% needed. Also, the mix "slave dual rate" setting appears to NOT work and the mix output appears to be effected by the elevator dual rate settings not matter whether slave dual rates is checked or not.

This brake valve wants -100% (full off) to +100 (full on) and 0% equals half braking and the only way I've been able to get that is to assign the brake function to a slider. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Downwind3Zero
My Feedback: (10)

@ LXFLY: I'll try anything. Thanks, Chris
Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Ok, a basic setup question that I don't seem to be able to resolve. It seems so simple that I'm embarrassed to have to ask for help but I've played with this for quite a bit and can't get it to work under all conditions. Basically, I'm setting up the brake function on a jet and I want the following;

The brake is to be controlled by down elevator, only when the gear switch is in the "gear down" position. The brake channel needs to be at -100% when the elevator is at center and
move proportionally to +100% when full down elevator is applied. The brake control must not be affected by the elevator dual rate settings. When the gear switch is in the "gear up" position,
the brake channel needs to stay at -100% regardless of elevator stick input. I would also like to have a "parking brake" function which will set the brake channel to +100% when slider -5 is on full.

Things I've tried;

Use Function Assign to assign the elevator stick to the brake function and then use Function Curves to set a 3 point curve of -100%, -100%, +100%. This give proper brake action but it can't be turned off when the gear is retracted. I tried a mix of Brake to Brake with a value of -100% enabled by the gear switch in the gear up position but that simply locks the brake channel to 0%, not the -100% needed.

I've tried simply mixing elevator to brake but still, when the mix is disabled, it goes to 0%, not the -100% needed. Also, the mix "slave dual rate" setting appears to NOT work and the mix output appears to be effected by the elevator dual rate settings not matter whether slave dual rates is checked or not.

This brake valve wants -100% (full off) to +100 (full on) and 0% equals half braking and the only way I've been able to get that is to assign the brake function to a slider. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
Hi Wayne,
What you need to do is set up a logical switch. For example, you will need to program the logical switch, using your gear switch and brake function.
Its very straight forward actually. I'm busy with work at the moment, so I don't have time to give you a step by step solution. If I get a chance later today, I will type it out for you.
But basically, the logical switch will render your brake function inoperative with the gear switch in a particular position. Then when you extend your gear, the logical switch is now 'true/active', so the brake function will work again.
Go into the menu and try it for yourself. I'll bet you'll have it working in 2 minutes
If not, let me know and I'll help you with it.
All the best,
Morten
Old 08-26-2014, 10:21 PM
lxfly

Originally Posted by wfield0455

How to combine this 2 tries as you also may use function curves for the mixer ie set the 3 point curve in the mixer and enable the mixer when gear is out.
If you have a problem with dual rate, assign elavator stick to a free output channel that has -100% - +100% and take this channel for mixer input.

I'll try it on my transmitter today.

Realized it with 2 free mixers and one switch for enabling (ie gear switch):
- define brake function without assigning a stick or switch, define servo output for function
- 1. mixer elevator to brake, master value 100%, choose gear switch (whatever you want), 3 point curve -100%, -100%, 100%
- 2. mixer no input(...) to brake , master value 100%, choose gear switch reverse position, constant curve -100%

First mixer enabled gives an output from -100% to +100% from mid position elevator to 100% down, second mixer holds the value on channel to -100%

Last edited by lxfly; 08-27-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:48 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by lxfly
How to combine this 2 tries as you also may use function curves for the mixer ie set the 3 point curve in the mixer and enable the mixer when gear is out.
If you have a problem with dual rate, assign elavator stick to a free output channel that has -100% - +100% and take this channel for mixer input.

I'll try it on my transmitter today.

Realized it with 2 free mixers and one switch for enabling (ie gear switch):
- define brake function without assigning a stick or switch, define servo output for function
- 1. mixer elevator to brake, master value 100%, choose gear switch (whatever you want), 3 point curve -100%, -100%, 100%
- 2. mixer no input(...) to brake , master value 100%, choose gear switch reverse position, constant curve -100%

First mixer enabled gives an output from -100% to +100% from mid position elevator to 100% down, second mixer holds the value on channel to -100%
Thanks! It's working now. Setting the Brake to Brake mix to use a constant -100% curve did the trick.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 AM
ace_drummond
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
Norm,

When making your telemetry data selection for the MVario, you can select absolute altitude or relative altitude. It sounds like you have selected absolute altitude. Just delete that selection and select relative altitude instead (it is a bit further down the list). Relative altitude is zero'd whenever you turn on power.

Regards,

Jim
Jim:

Thanks for your reply; however, was already using Relative Alt !

Values in 'Vario' I am using Mode EX Value, Switch Sb Ex Parameter Rel Altitude [m]

II believe the problem is [m] meaning meters; however, in the sensors and logging set up I clearly show 'ft.' for both relative and absolute altitude the enter is a Yes to the right of that which I don't know what that means?

Also I checked configuration and distance units set tot ft. as well.

Thanks again,/Norm
Old 08-31-2014, 06:46 AM
gooseF22

Jim and I will be flying Jeti at Route 66 Jets next weekend, if anyone wants to come see it in action.. you can try it out banging my trojan around if you like..which also has a cortex.. so you can see them both and play with it.. I have a spare transmitter so you can see the buddy box in action as well..
Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Hello everyone,

Many thanks to the guys here and in LA (thanks Dave!),

I am getting the hang of this, it seems pretty darn good. I am assuming that every channel has the same resolution/servo (Function 1 versus 9 or Servo 1 versus 15)?

Also, I have the Jeti transmitter tray for transmitter and it won't fit unless I put the transmitter into it and re-assemble it....??? It seems like it should slide in between the top and bottom pieces but it won't fit..anyone else experiencing the same thing? This is the non-tray- transmitter, with the Jeti tray for this specific tx.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:44 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi Dave.

Glad ad to hear you are enjoying your Jeti system. Just got back from your beautiful sunny weekend in MN

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.