Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 11-20-2014, 06:00 AM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I still don't know the update ate for Jeti, Anyone?

Thanks,
Bob Neal
Old 11-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Snowflake6515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check Post# 1297.

Michael
Originally Posted by Bobneal1
So I still don't know the update ate for Jeti, Anyone?

Thanks,
Bob Neal
Old 11-20-2014, 06:53 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

email: [email protected]
Old 11-21-2014, 01:06 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

is there a way to get telemetry from a Projet Hornet ECU to the DS-16 screen?
Old 11-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by HarryC
is there a way to get telemetry from a Projet Hornet ECU to the DS-16 screen?
I have been searching for it as well but so far no luck, I am contemplating switching to turbines that uses the Xicoy ECU for that very reason.
Hopefully someone will develop something before I do switch
Old 11-21-2014, 08:16 AM
HarryC

I have found this but I keep getting error messages on the site which doesn't inspire confidence and I would prefer to hear from someone who has tried it too
http://www.vspeak-modell.de/en/ecu-converter/hornet

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
I have been searching for it as well but so far no luck, I am contemplating switching to turbines that uses the Xicoy ECU for that very reason.
Hopefully someone will develop something before I do switch
Old 11-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Site is working for me Harry using Explorer - try here ): Jeti EX Konverter für Hornet ECU
or here Hornet ECU Sensor Konverter jetzt auch für HOTT, Spectrum und M-Link

Bob
Old 11-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Puttputt maru

I have found this but I keep getting error messages on the site which doesn't inspire confidence and I would prefer to hear from someone who has tried it too
http://www.vspeak-modell.de/en/ecu-converter/hornet
Good find, I will make some search and find out about it. ( By the way, the site works on my iPad)
Old 11-22-2014, 10:16 AM
HarryC

Please help, model radio instructions are well known fr being poor but the Jeti instructions could win an award for being useless! I have an R9 and an RSAT2. Nothing in the instructions says how to configure the system to get the rsat to work. Does it need binding on its own? I have connected it Ext to Ext but nothing shows up on the Tx. I have antenna set as telemetry display but only the 2 from the R9 are shown. I can't find anything in device explorer or DS16's jetibox emulator to enable it.

Does RSAT2 need firmware updates and if so where are the instructions how to? The R9 manual is FW 3.22 but the rsat manual is FW 3.06. Do they have to be identical?

Also, the GPS relative height is showing -754ft. The instructions say to set a new origin through jetibox. I am using DS16 jetibox emulator. I go to settings, set origin, and press left and right buttons together as per instructions, but it doesn't seem to change anything, relative height is still -754ft. I assumed that absolute height is amsl or above GPS base height, and that relative height is above the origin in which case resetting the origin to here should make relative height 0ft. Is that not correct?.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Puttputt maru

Please help, model radio instructions are well known fr being poor but the Jeti instructions could win an award for being useless! I have an R9 and an RSAT2. Nothing in the instructions says how to configure the system to get the rsat to work. Does it need binding on its own? I have connected it Ext to Ext but nothing shows up on the Tx. I have antenna set as telemetry display but only the 2 from the R9 are shown. I can't find anything in device explorer or DS16's jetibox emulator to enable it.
This should work, just change R9 were it says R14
:
On the transmitter DS-16/DC-16
Advanced properties:Wireless Modes/trainer, choice mode "double path"
Click pair primary TX module
Turn off trsansmitter
Insert bind plug in receiver (R14EX).
Turn on R14EX
Turn on DS-16/DC-16
Check that it has bound in Advanced properties:Wireless Modes/trainer,
Click pair secondary TX module
Turn off transmitter
Insert bind plug in RSAT used for" Double Path"
Turn on RSAT
Turn on DS-16/DC-16
Check that it has bound in Advanced properties:Wireless Modes/trainer.
Turn off transmitter
Insert bind plug in RSAT used for "Antenna diversity"
Turn on RSAT
Turn on DS-16/DC-16
To check that all receivers/sattelites are bound to the correct receiver, I check that the TX and RX identities match with a JetiBox manually inserted into each receiver/sattelite. (In fact I added the TX number on the outside of the transmitter with DYMO - should be standard on the transmitter)
Old 11-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Pepperpete

Can someone confirm for me that the DC-16 cannot be used for FPV gimbles due to the fact that the trainer port only works with other Jeti Radios? I can't imagine that a unit this complex and complete would have that limited usage. I will be using a fatshark FPV goggle set with Trinity Head Tracker but for the radio to send the signals to the head tracking unit it has to be through a trainer port.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. Not really into buying another radio...
Old 11-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Jeti USA

This was taken care of at 2.22 and improved at 3.00 firmware release. You have internal connector for PPM out.
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx

Zb/Jeti USA

Page 5
http://file.espritmodel.com/firmware...tes2.22_EN.pdf

2. New, added function for the internal connector: PPM input (please refer to the DC/DS-16
user manual, chapter 3.7 PPM Output Connector). The transmitter can handle up to 8
channels of the PPM input signal. The signal should be present on the pin No. 1 (the
DC/DS-16 user manual calls this pin as reserved). To prevent any damage, you need to use
the 3V logic level and protective elements on the input. Within the application you can
assign any of the PPM channels to any function of the transmitter – use a standard control
input selection dialogue. The PPM input is not linked with the trainer system in any way and
works separately. Possible use in cooperation with head-tracking systems etc.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:03 AM
HarryC

Help please, I am getting rather frustrated with this.
I want an Rx9 with an RSat, connected by ext ports so I can get antenna data for all 4 antenna.
After several hours of messing about I finally got it working, it seems, dual path mode both the rx and RSat bound, device explorer sees both, and on the desktop I get readings for A1 to A4.

What's puzzling me is the behaviour of the readout for A1 to A4 when the rsat which is A3 and A4 is disconnected to check it is all working. The alarm is set to "alarm on loss of any rx". If I disconnect the rsat, the alarm sounds but all 4 Antenna readings go blank.
If I set the alarm to "loss of main rx" or "loss of both rx" and then disconnect the rsat, it behaves as I expect, A1 and A2 keep showing their reading and A3 and A4 go blank. But if I set alarm to "either Rx" or "secondary Rx" and disconnect the rsat the alarm sounds which is correct but why do the A1 and A2 readings go blank when they should remain and only A3 and A4 should go blank?
Old 11-23-2014, 01:31 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Harry,

It's a documented bug that should get fixed on the next FW revision.

Jim
Old 11-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Pepperpete

Jeti Usa...

Thank you for the help but am I supposed to understand what that means at all? I've gotten a firm grasp on the DC-16 in most of the other elements but this reads like Greek to me. So am I supposed to solder something to those pins? What the heck is a 3V logic level?

Can someone please turn this into "DC-16 for dummies" for me. I would really appreciate that. I love this radio but wow is this ever complicated just to be able to use a FPV head tracker. Any other radio system is plug and play in a few seconds...

Could really use a step by step and I just don't understand how the physical connection is made if it's not the trainer port...

Last edited by Pepperpete; 11-23-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:04 PM
HarryC

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
Harry,

It's a documented bug that should get fixed on the next FW revision.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Any other bugs we need to know about? I know the one about rudder to two aileron servos.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:21 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Harry, as we find them, we fix them. This particular issue was, I believe, mentioned earlier in the thread. Sorry for your frustration. The good news is that Jeti is really great about getting these issues fixed and responding to requests. For instance, the digital trims on throttle were a pain for the jet guys because the max step was 10 so you had to press/hold the trim up button for 20 clicks to go from full down to full up trim to start (and vice versa to stop) the turbine. Next release, the max was changed to 100 which meant only 2 presses/clicks.

Pete, the transmitter/receiver is capable of using PPM input/output to control other devices or receive input from other devices via PPM configured ports. I am not aware of anyone here in the jet forum using these capabilities to link to accessories like head trackers so I doubt that you will be getting a step by step. I would suggest trying FPV forums.

Regards,

Jim
Old 11-24-2014, 12:51 AM
HarryC

Can anyone suggest how to solve this problem -

I had the Tx set to speak various numbers e.g. rx voltage, antenna numbers, when I flicked the spring loaded switch. That was working nicely. Then it stopped working, and I had not changed anything.

It may coincidence but in between it working and then me noticing it was not working, the Tx froze, no buttons would work, it would not switch off, and I had to use the emergency power off procedure documented in the manual - hold down ESC and press the power button.

Shortly after that I noticed the speech readings no longer happened when I flick the switch. I tried the next procedure in the manual for use if the Tx is erratic, disconnect the battery and switch it on to clear any capacitors. That has not fixed it. In the relevant menu when I flick the switch the X turns to a tick so it is correctly set and the items I want it to speak are ticked. In case that model memory got corrupted in the emergency shut down I created a new model and set it to speak when I flick the switch but that doesn't work either. Other sounds such as the beep, and the speaking countdown timer are working fine so the speech module, speaker, volumes etc are all working.

Can anyone suggest what I could try to get it working again, remember it was working and I changed nothing, there is no obvious reason why it stopped working.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:01 AM
HarryC

I have an Rx9 with an Rsat, connected Ext to Ext. Is it therefore impossible to have telemetry sensors since the Ext port on the rx is used, or can the rsat be connected via an expander box? If not, is the only way to have sensors to plug the rsat in sat to sat ports?
Old 11-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Jeti USA

I have an Rx9 with an Rsat, connected Ext to Ext. Is it therefore impossible to have telemetry sensors since the Ext port on the rx is used, or can the rsat be connected via an expander box? If not, is the only way to have sensors to plug the rsat in sat to sat ports?
No you have it wrong, just switch the ports around, you have EXT port for telemetry and SAT port for satellite receiver.
But almost nobody uses R9 and RSat/R3(in USA) together, no reason to use satellite you already have redound receiver.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx

Possible Port Configurations (Rx Firmware 3.20):
Standard: 1-9 Servo, SAT Satellite In, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
PPM/Servo: 1-9 Servo, SAT PPM, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
EX Bus/Servo: 1-9 Servo, SAT Satellite In, Ext EX Bus/USB Programming
UDI/Servo: 1-9 Servo, SAT UDI, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming

Last edited by Jeti USA; 11-24-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Jeti USA

Re-upload software, use new Version 3.00 for DC-16, DS-16 Transmitters

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx
Old 11-24-2014, 07:46 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Jeti Usa...

Thank you for the help but am I supposed to understand what that means at all? I've gotten a firm grasp on the DC-16 in most of the other elements but this reads like Greek to me. So am I supposed to solder something to those pins? What the heck is a 3V logic level?

Can someone please turn this into "DC-16 for dummies" for me. I would really appreciate that. I love this radio but wow is this ever complicated just to be able to use a FPV head tracker. Any other radio system is plug and play in a few seconds...

Could really use a step by step and I just don't understand how the physical connection is made if it's not the trainer port...
I do not want to take you from this forum, but you would do much better asking this type of questions at the Rc Groups forum.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693301
or
http://www.rcgroups.com/jeti-usa-794/

You need one of those, the connector plugs to the main board and Jack installs instead one of the switches. People also drilled holes to the back cover.

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.as...itter+PPM+Jack

Last edited by Jeti USA; 11-24-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 AM
HarryC

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
No have it wrong, just switch the ports around, you have EXT port for telemetry and SAT port for satellite receiver.
But there are is almost nobody using R9 and RSat/R3(in USA) together, no reason to use satellite you already have redound receiver.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx

Possible Port Configurations (Rx Firmware 3.20):
Standard: 1-9 Servo, SAT Satellite In, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
PPM/Servo: 1-9 Servo, SAT PPM, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
EX Bus/Servo: 1-9 Servo, SAT Satellite In, Ext EX Bus/USB Programming
UDI/Servo: 1-9 Servo, SAT UDI, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming

Thanks,

At the moment I am experimenting with what is possible! I have a metal clad jet model that will benefit from the maximum number of aerials.
I was under the impression that if I plug the rsat into the Sat port of the R9, it does not pass on to telemetry the status of each aerial, whereas plugged into the Ext port of the R9 it does. If plugged into the Sat port of the R9 I can't read the value on each aerial, but can set an alarm if it stops receiving altogether. Have I got that wrong?

For an initial test flight with no sensors I want to see and log the values at all 4 aerials. Then if they are all ok, afterwards I can use the Sat port of the R9 and plug sensors into the ext port of the R9?

Antenna values seem to be a max of 9. What value would you consider to be a warning of getting into trouble? 1? 3?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:00 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never seen less than 3 Harry.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Jeti USA

Thanks,

At the moment I am experimenting with what is possible! I have a metal clad jet model that will benefit from the maximum number of aerials.
I was under the impression that if I plug the rsat into the Sat port of the R9, it does not pass on to telemetry the status of each aerial, whereas plugged into the Ext port of the R9 it does. If plugged into the Sat port of the R9 I can't read the value on each aerial, but can set an alarm if it stops receiving altogether. Have I got that wrong?

For an initial test flight with no sensors I want to see and log the values at all 4 aerials. Then if they are all ok, afterwards I can use the Sat port of the R9 and plug sensors into the ext port of the R9?

Antenna values seem to be a max of 9. What value would you consider to be a warning of getting into trouble? 1? 3?
Yes you have it kind of wrong. Go back and run search for Dual Redundant Systems, there are few possible ways how to do it.
People usually use Central Box 200 with 2x R3/RSW receivers and set transmitter for Dual Path. Many of the detailed explanations go over all pros and cons. Check posts by LA jetguy
and
gooseF22 they did excellent job.

I setup my antenna alarm for 3, you will not get into trouble even with 0. All you is loosing is the data telemetry downlink, you still have full control of the model. Even with my 6m Ventus 2cx at 450m high, almost 1km away my signal was around 4.

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 11-24-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.