Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
I purchased a Jetti 16 ds at this years JetPower meeting ,i use the Central Box 200 with 2 Rsats in dual mode the system programming hasn't presented any problems.
The problem i have is using the extra voice sounds that are available on the Jetti site for example "flaps landing ,flaps take off "
I have downloaded the extra sounds to the SD card and when i look in the SD card directory the downloads are there ,my problem is that they are not available for me to use from "The sounds on event menu"?
You guys are obviously more advanced in the programming than i am so can you please inform me what i am doing wrong.
best regards Ray.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:32 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Ray, the list of sounds shown on the Tx is in "pages", scroll to the bottom of the list and select the last item which is " ..." and that takes you to the next page down the list, same for going up a page choose the ... at the top of the list.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:54 AM
Ray Millington

Hi Harry,
Thanks for the reply,
When i go to "select a file" i can see all the wave files that are available to me,
They start at "none"and the first list ends with "8.wav"then there is the option to go to the next page so ">>"
When i select this option i get the second list starting with "9.wav"my second list ends with "F-Thermal.wav"then ">>"to the next page and so on to the last list that ends with "Weak -Sig.wav"
If i then select enter the system goes back to the top of the first list starting"T-Bound .wav"
I am not given the option to go to the new downloaded sounds?
regards Ray
Ps i am in the UK ,but when i registered for this site i could not see in the location window the option to select the UK?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Ray... Just make sure that the audio files are copied (moved) in the "Audio" folder and then under the language you have setup in your transmitter.. I'm assuming "en" for English....

Enjoy
Old 12-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Ray Millington

LA jetguy,
Many thanks for your reply,all sorted now.
regards Ray
Old 12-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[h=2]Coming Soon, Full line of Electronic Power Distribution Units, Magnetic Switches, & Regulators by Emcotec Germany!!![/h]Emcotec will be nice addition to the Jeti line.

Zb/Jeti Model
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5549.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	985.3 KB
ID:	2055813   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5552.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2055814   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5555.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2055815  
Old 12-19-2014, 11:28 AM
LA jetguy

Default Jeti Sensor MBar

Last night I finished the programing and created the attached video demonstrating the failsafe function of the Mbar. Its my first time creating a demo video.

The Mbar reads pressure in Kpa (Kilopascal). My failsafe programing is triggered at 500Kpa which is equivalent to 72.5 psi.. you can adjust that number up or down as you wish.

It took one telemetry function (MX) and one logic function (L) and then all was working as anticipated...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq18yw1rph...0Demo.mov?dl=0

I will be happy to explain the procedure.. please PM

The best system on the market keeps getting better

Enjoy
Old 12-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi LA Jetguy

I had not thought of setting my Mbar to disable the retract switch, I have simply used mine as an alarm for "if" the air tanks are getting low, this is because "I want" to decide when to put the gear down and not have it drop down unannounced.

This is my reasoning
Some times you need a moment to be ready to have the gear come down, defiantly not on a slow low pass or a slow flat turn when it could be disastrous or even in a very high speed pass were you might at worse have a rapid trim change or best just lose a gear door or two!. I figure as long as you put the gear down ASAP after the "low air" alarm has sounded the danger of leaving it a few more seconds and not having enough air left for me out ways the danger of getting caught out too low, slow or too fast. After all the big advantage of Jeti over "dumb pressure switches" is its telemetry allowing the pilot to be informed of the situation and let him make the decision. This is the grate thing with Jeti, we have been given the tools and we can use them as we wish, after all no setup is wrong or right its just a matter of how each of us want might want to use it.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 12-19-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Mark

As long as the pressure is above 500 Kpa (or mini to operate retracts) the retract switch is operative... You can set an alarm above the mini (let's say 500Kpa) to inform you of low pressure... That program is a failsafe in the event you miss the alarm and will be executed at the lowest Kpa (psi) to drop the retracts

David
Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Mark

As long as the pressure is above 500 Kpa (or mini to operate retracts) the retract switch is operative... You can set an alarm above the mini (let's say 500Kpa) to inform you of low pressure... That program is a failsafe in the event you miss the alarm and will be executed at the lowest Kpa (psi) to drop the retracts

David
Old 12-19-2014, 03:08 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mark, I see your point about wanting to have an alarm only warn you that your air pressure is low. Yes, this gives you the ability to decide when to lower your gear. Yes, if the alarm triggered during a high speed low pass, that might not be the best time to lower the gear.

The downside of that method is that you might not hear the alarm (which is possible unless you have it on repeat). David's effort was using the MBar sensor/telemetry along with the Jeti Tx functionality to create a typical failsafe function.

Retract failsafe devices (which incidentally might also activate at any time including during low pass) have several limitations. First of all, there is no telemetry data of your air pressure, on-board failsafe devices will not work in conjunction with transmitter sequencer but instead require and on-board sequencer, some devices are known to glitch at power up and may drop your plane on it's belly.

The MBar offers a tremendous increase in functionality and adapability over a standard fail safe device. Not only does it cost less than some common failsafe devices, it provides the telemetry data which can be used, along with transmitter logic by the user to create the "low air pressure" response (warning only, or automatic lowering of gear) desired by that particular user. Additionally, it will work with your transmitter's built in sequencer and therefore eliminates the cost of an on-board sequencer.

It can also be programmed to provide other warnings such as warning you not to take off if you haven't refilled your air system after the last flight. For example, if you normally fill your air system up to 115 psi and, after a typical flight, your system pressure is typically 90 psi. Set up an alarm to play an verbal warning (eg "Don't take off, you forgot to charge you air system") if the air pressure is less than 110 psi and the flap switch is moved to the take off position. This alarm is in addition to they typical failsafe programming illustrated by David (LAJetGuy)

Regards,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 12-19-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LA jetguy could you give us some line by line programming advice on how you did this. I am OK with the basic programming but this logic thing - not so much.

Thanks
Dean W.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:42 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Dean,

Instead of internal screen shots, I have taken pictures of the screens on my transmitter... the concept is very simple..

First you setup a telemetry function (MX1).. in that screen you can state the mini air pressure you want the retract to deploy.

Second you setup a logic switch (L2.. in my system L1 is used).. You related the retract switch (Sb in my system) with the telemetry function you created above (MX1)... make sure MX1 when selected is "reversed"

Third in Function Assignment ..change the retract switch to the new Logical switch you created above...

Thats all...

Enjoy....

Name:	IMG_1922.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2056351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1921.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2056352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1920.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2056353  
Old 12-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Puttputt maru

Thanks LAjetguy this is great and was the way I intended to use the mbar having the early voice warning and the auto drop if pressure is low but I had not thought of disabling the gear switch.
Thanks also to rcjets_63, I had not thought either about the ''don't take off'' warning on low pressure.
This is the great thing about this sharing of ideas on boards. Thumbs up guys.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Fantastic!

Thank you LA jetguy...I'll play with the Mbar this weekend...definitely going to use this in my next jet project.

Dean W.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:33 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I will certainly be fitting one of these on my Airworld Hawk. Is it possible to have an alarm first and then after a period have the retracts lower? This would give you the chance to slow down and get into trim for the gear to lower. On my mig 29 I had one of the Tamjets units fitted, and from the off I had an intermittent leak. The gear would come down every other flight in the oddest of flight positions, but the model never did anything untoward. However, I remember a club member lowering his gear on his Tornado during his final turns and he nearly lost the model as a consequence.
One other thing I wantto try with my Hawk is to sequence the Gear from the Tx. Nothing new in this, I did it with my old MPX 4000 20 years ago. But with the DS16 I I believe I can use telemetry controls to step the sequencer. Also I understand that I can configure one Rx output to be an input. So my thinking is to have 3 microswitches in series on, that will be closed by the gear legs, and in turn signalling the TX to raise the doors.
This is all theory so far, I have to try this out on the bench before I try and I install any of this. Anyone tried this out?
John
Old 12-21-2014, 07:49 AM
LA jetguy

John,

You can can defenitly set multiple alarms to warn you of low pressure before gears are deployed automatically.. That would be done in the Alarm menu and the sensor to trigger the aralrm would be the Mbar... You can have multiple alarms to warn you and with the new TX firmware (3.0.2) you can have the alarm repeat itself 3 times.

As for your gears and doors the "Sequencer" menu in the TX is what I would recommend not a telemetry function. You have to create one sequence (Q) for the gears and one for all doors or even a separate one for the nose door...

Enjoy... Best system on the market
Old 12-21-2014, 09:17 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

I have a futaba 14mz and I'm using the 6014 receiver in my jets. How does the JetI compare using just the ex r14 receiver without all of the satellites etc? It seems that what I've read it's always recommended to use the extra satellite receivers etc. Is the signal as reliable as the 14mz/6014 without the extra equip? Thanks
Old 12-21-2014, 09:33 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
I have a futaba 14mz and I'm using the 6014 receiver in my jets. How does the JetI compare using just the ex r14 receiver without all of the satellites etc? It seems that what I've read it's always recommended to use the extra satellite receivers etc. Is the signal as reliable as the 14mz/6014 without the extra equip? Thanks
Yes it is as reliable. I'm coming directly from 12z with 6014 Rx and have one R14 in a Bandit Mkii and an Ultra flash. Although there was no quantifiable measurement for the signal in my Futaba 12z with 6014 Rx, I can say the signal strength/quality with one R14 is as good if not better (no loss of control, and "locked in feeling") then my futaba equipment. With the telemetry I can tell exactly the signal strength and the quality. The satellites only make the system more robust but you don't really need it if you choose not to use it. It's recommended in larger models to have satellites for signal redundancy.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:40 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
John,

You can can defenitly set multiple alarms to warn you of low pressure before gears are deployed automatically.. That would be done in the Alarm menu and the sensor to trigger the aralrm would be the Mbar... You can have multiple alarms to warn you and with the new TX firmware (3.0.2) you can have the alarm repeat itself 3 times.

As for your gears and doors the "Sequencer" menu in the TX is what I would recommend not a telemetry function. You have to create one sequence (Q) for the gears and one for all doors or even a separate one for the nose door...

Enjoy... Best system on the market
Yes I will of course use the sequencer, but my point is that should the gear fail to raise completely (which can happen), The doors will not close thereby preventing door damage, and worse still and potential hang up of the gear. This is how full size aircraft work.
John
Old 12-22-2014, 05:07 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Originally Posted by DrV
Yes it is as reliable. I'm coming directly from 12z with 6014 Rx and have one R14 in a Bandit Mkii and an Ultra flash. Although there was no quantifiable measurement for the signal in my Futaba 12z with 6014 Rx, I can say the signal strength/quality with one R14 is as good if not better (no loss of control, and "locked in feeling") then my futaba equipment. With the telemetry I can tell exactly the signal strength and the quality. The satellites only make the system more robust but you don't really need it if you choose not to use it. It's recommended in larger models to have satellites for signal redundancy.
Sounds good. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:44 AM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by JohnMac
Yes I will of course use the sequencer, but my point is that should the gear fail to raise completely (which can happen), The doors will not close thereby preventing door damage, and worse still and potential hang up of the gear. This is how full size aircraft work.
John
I completely understand your point... for that purpose you don't need telemetry.. unless you want to hear "Gears up and doors closed" which can be done by a micro switch confirming that your doors are actually up and doors closed. To prevent doors closing and causing retract to hang, we install an air push botton which is triggered when the gears are completely in position and then doors closed. That is all mechanical and no radio programing required...

But I still like to hear a confirmation when the gears are up and doors are closed, as well as the gears are down and locked in position... all of that can be done using programing in the radio and a micro switch....

Enjoy your Jeti system....

Last edited by LA jetguy; 12-22-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Jeti USA

For some people who fly tons. New Jeti 5200mAh Tx battery pack.

Zb/Jeti USA

Name:	Jeti Battery 5200mAh Small.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	2056989  
Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Guys "Happy new year"

First question for 2015

I have my Jeti Mbar hooked up and it appeared in both the alarms and display menu straight away. I was then easily able to set up an audio alert for when the pressure drops below 200kpa with the voice alarm "alarm" (no other alarm seemed relavent). This is more or less all I want the MBar to do for now but I know it can do more, in particular as an expander to allow other sensors to be used at the same time. To that end in the Mbar manual its says it should show up in "Device Explorer" which on my Tx it dose not?. Now I'm running all the latest software in both Tx an Rx so not sure why its missing. After re-reading the MBar manual noted it states there must be a configuration file "MBAR.bin" in the Devises file on the TXs SD card, in my updated Tx there was not. I managed to find the relevant file from my down load off the Jeti site from when I downloaded the latest update "3.02" . I then copy-pasted it to the relevant file on the SD card but still no MBar within Device Explorer? Any suggestions

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 01-01-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:57 AM
LA jetguy

Happy New Year .....

Mark... You have to setup your "Ext" port on your receiver to "Ex Bus" to be able to communicate with the MBar....

Enjoy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.