Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 01-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
Thanks for the heads up, I had the Rx set to "Default" its now on Ext and the MBar showed up in Device Explorer straight away.
I can now see that the two MBar sockets are both set to "Expander" so will experiment further.

Next request, Has any one got a audio file "Gear pressure low" or similar and can the MBar read out in anything other than Kpa?

Thanks Mark V

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 01-01-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:28 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mark,

I whipped up a few audio files for you. Send me your email address and I'll reply with them attached.

Regards,

Jim
Old 01-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Thank You Jim

Ive replied to your PM with an email address

Kind regards Mark V
Old 01-01-2015, 09:51 AM
rcjets_63

Sent...along with a "bonus" file. Makes for a good power up audio file.

Jim
Old 01-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Jim

Well I love the accent and the bonus file made me laugh out loud.

Thanks again, Regards Mark V
Old 01-01-2015, 10:02 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Mark. Once you have the audio files from Jim uploaded in your transmitter... To trigger them you need to setup telemetry switches (MX) at certain Kpa you want

Also I was not able to see a conversation from Kpa to Psi.... I did not look hard enough....

David

Last edited by LA jetguy; 01-01-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:45 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Mark, if you're ever stuck for a voice file, I use an online text to speech converter to create all the wavs I want

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
Old 01-01-2015, 02:55 PM
mmontella
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the DS-16 and I am in the process of converting over a few of my warbirds from my JR radios. I have read the threads posted here and have learned a lot from you all........Many Thanks. I am stuck on programming my flaps and was hoping for a little step by step help. I have set up three flight modes (flaps full, Flaps mid, flaps up) and assigned them to switch sb. I believe this is what should be done, but where I am stuck is I would like to be able to adjust the flap deflection for each setting and can not figure out how to do this. Any advice on how to do this or a better way to set up flaps would be appreciated.

Thanks.....Mark
Old 01-01-2015, 03:54 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmontella
I am new to the DS-16 and I am in the process of converting over a few of my warbirds from my JR radios. I have read the threads posted here and have learned a lot from you all........Many Thanks. I am stuck on programming my flaps and was hoping for a little step by step help. I have set up three flight modes (flaps full, Flaps mid, flaps up) and assigned them to switch sb. I believe this is what should be done, but where I am stuck is I would like to be able to adjust the flap deflection for each setting and can not figure out how to do this. Any advice on how to do this or a better way to set up flaps would be appreciated.

Thanks.....Mark
Mark,

Since you've used flight modes, you can use the flight mode delay under the flight mode menu to control the speed the flap servos move at. The switch you assigned should give you no flaps, half flaps and full flaps. You can use a combination of flap servo endpoints and the Flight Mode Trim menu to fine tune each flap setting. In Fine Tune, Flight Mode Trim, change the flaps from Global to Separate and then you can dial in a trim value for each flap position to fine tune them to your liking.

Wayne
Old 01-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Thanks Harry

Although I have made audio files for the Tx in the past when I first got it a little over 18 months ago, being pedantic did not like all the different voices. I had unfortanatly recently reinitialised my PC and lost the program that I made them with, not that I've needed any lately, well not up until I bought the MBar that is. It was kind of Jim to let me have some he made up and it got me up and running with the MBars alerts straight away but will pull my finger out and make up sum more for myself now Jim has inspired me to have some with a sense of hummer

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 01-02-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:27 AM
mmontella

Wayne,

Ok.....got the flap end points set, but still not sure how to adjust mid flap position. Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Puttputt maru

mmontella Go to the 'servo assignment" in the Model basic properties page you will find the way to set all points for your servos
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 9.35.24 AM.png
Views:	66
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	2059789  
Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 AM
mmontella

So in this case I can use the Flap servo center/trim function to set the mid-flap position. I have to completely forget JR radio programming when setting up a plane with the Jeti. Not complaining, but need to be in a different mind set when setting up DS-16. Starting to get the hang of it. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:36 PM
wfield0455

Wayne,

Ok.....got the flap end points set, but still not sure how to adjust mid flap position. Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark,

Since you have a separate flight mode for each flap position, if you set the flaps to Separate, instead of Glogal in the Flight Mode trim menu, you will be able to "trim" the flaps separately for each flight mode. You should be able to simply select your flight mode that has half flaps and then use the flap trim setting under the Flight Mode Trim menu to increase of deacrease your half flap position.
You can also select Separate instead of Global for the Elevator in that menu and use the Elevator Flight Mode trim to dial in your elevator compensation for each flap setting.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:55 PM
firebladeswe

Hello Jeti gurus.
I have become owner of a jeti ds16. Like the. Radio so far,but I have an issue with central box 200.
I have the xicoy telemetry adapter, that I want to use. With the r9 reciver everything works perfect, I get all info from turbine to show up in the radio, when I add the different values under displayed telemetry option.

but with CB200 I can't see any information, I have the cb200 2x rsat and one remote switch. Everything is in double path mode.
The rsat have no fail safe just on cb200, I have connected the xicoy to the ext port of cb200. I have tried to change the ext port to all options, but without success. I have also tried to change and put it on output 15 and 14 configured to the different alternatives jeti box,telemetry input and ex bus. Nothing works. The rsat is connected from cb200 rsat 1 and 2. And to ext on rsat.

I think that I must have a bad cb200. Would appreciate if someone could help a newbie like me.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:49 PM
wfield0455

[QUOTE=firebladeswe;11953088]Hello Jeti gurus.
I have become owner of a jeti ds16. Like the. Radio so far,but I have an issue with central box 200.
I have the xicoy telemetry adapter, that I want to use. With the r9 reciver everything works perfect, I get all info from turbine to show up in the radio, when I add the different values under displayed telemetry option.

but with CB200 I can't see any information, I have the cb200 2x rsat and one remote switch. Everything is in double path mode.
The rsat have no fail safe just on cb200, I have connected the xicoy to the ext port of cb200. I have tried to change the ext port to all options, but without success. I have also tried to change and put it on output 15 and 14 configured to the different alternatives jeti box,telemetry input and ex bus. Nothing works. The rsat is connected from cb200 rsat 1 and 2. And to ext on rsat.

I think that I must have a bad cb200. Would appreciate if someone could help a newbie like me.[/QUOTE

I know the the CB Elektronics ECU interface didn't like to operate nicely with the CB200 when plugged directly into an EXT port. The issue is that the CB200s EXT ports serial communication rate is very slightly off frequency. The solution was to plug a 2 to 1 telemetry expander into the CB200s EXT port and then plug the ECU interface into the expander as I recall.

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-02-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:17 PM
rcjets_63

Firebladeswe,

I have the Xicoy telemetry adaptor currently working great with an R14. I've got a CB200 installed in another plane and was planning on adding the Xicoy adaptor. Your location isn't listed in your profile but, assuming it is in the US or Canada, send me a PM with your phone number and let's get this sorted out.

Regards,

Jim
Old 01-02-2015, 10:42 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Firebladeswe..... A simple fix could be a rest of your sensors.... Under the menu "Sensors and Logging" press F1 "Auto" this will reset all your sensors and possibly correct the issue you have....you will not lose anything it's just a refresher..

Also make sure that CB200 is displayed and connected under one of the Rsat recievers in device explorer.....

Jim is an expert at CB200 and he will get you going if the above quick remedies don't work...

Welcome to the Jeti family.... Enjoy your system..

Last edited by LA jetguy; 01-02-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 AM
mmontella

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Mark,

Since you have a separate flight mode for each flap position, if you set the flaps to Separate, instead of Glogal in the Flight Mode trim menu, you will be able to "trim" the flaps separately for each flight mode. You should be able to simply select your flight mode that has half flaps and then use the flap trim setting under the Flight Mode Trim menu to increase of deacrease your half flap position.
You can also select Separate instead of Global for the Elevator in that menu and use the Elevator Flight Mode trim to dial in your elevator compensation for each flap setting.
Wayne,

Was able to adjust midpoint of the flaps using flight mode trim as you indicated. I still have one minor issue. The flap servos do not track each other due to mechanical or electrical set up differences. I can use the individual Flap servo settings to set the full up and full down (travel) to make them match as I would with a JR radio, but the mid point is off. Using Flight Mode Trim adjusts both mid points. How can I set the mid points individually? I could probably use the center trim on one of the servos and then readjust its endpoints to match the other??
Old 01-03-2015, 08:10 AM
firebladeswe

Hi there LA jetguy. I'm so thankful for all your assistance. I will try this and see.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:47 AM
wfield0455

Wayne,

Was able to adjust midpoint of the flaps using flight mode trim as you indicated. I still have one minor issue. The flap servos do not track each other due to mechanical or electrical set up differences. I can use the individual Flap servo settings to set the full up and full down (travel) to make them match as I would with a JR radio, but the mid point is off. Using Flight Mode Trim adjusts both mid points. How can I set the mid points individually? I could probably use the center trim on one of the servos and then readjust its endpoints to match the other??
Mark,

If you look at Flaps under Flight Mode Trim, there should be 2 values. By default, changing one value changes both values equally. If you press the SYM (for Symmetrical) button, that will allow you to change each flaps servos trim individually. It sounds like you have non-linear flap linkage geometry that is probably causing this. Personally, I tend to play with the push rod lengths until I have equal servo endpoints in both directions with no binding . Once I've done this, I generally don't need to separate the servos to get equal amounts of control surface travel. At the very least I, I like to have each value be VERY close. If not, even after you get each amounts of flap at half flap, as he flaps are deployed they will probably travel at different rates and if your flap deployment is slow it will probably show up as some unexpected roll.

Here is how I adjust my push rod lengths. I'll use flaps since that is what we're discussing and that we want 45 degrees of flaps when full flaps are deployed.

1) Select half flaps (Flight mode trim flap setting should be zero for now) and set the flap servos sub trim to 0. Adjust push rod length to give 22.5 degrees of flaps.
2) Select full flaps and adjust the servo endpoint to get 45 degrees of flaps.
3) Select no flaps position and adjust your servo end point so the flaps are fully up with no binding.

Ideally both servo end point values should be the same. If they are not, adjust the push rod length and repeat steps 1 - 3 until they are. Once they are equal then you should have nice linear flap servo movement for the first flap servo and have 22.5 degrees at half flaps and 45 degrees at full. Repeat this process for the second flap servo. It isn't crucial that the end point values for flap servo 1 are equal to the end point values of flap servo 2, only that both end point on flap servo 1 are equal and both end points on flap servo 2 are equal. If 22.5 degrees isn't what you want at half flap, now you can adjust it with Flight Mode Trim and both flaps should deploy equally and track each other very nicely. This whole process is really way easier to do than it is to describe..

Peter and I will be heading down your way for indoor flying tonight. If you are going to be there we can discuss this as much as you'd like.

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-03-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:47 AM
mmontella

Wayne,

The Sym switch did it! I knew there had to be a way to separate the flap settings since they are on two different channels. Now I have a weird secondary issue. Now when I change my rates (flight mode for Ail, Rud, Ele) for some reason the flap rates change as well (more or less travel). I did not set the flaps up with the rate flight mode and am not sure why this is now happening.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:18 AM
wfield0455

Wayne,

The Sym switch did it! I knew there had to be a way to separate the flap settings since they are on two different channels. Now I have a weird secondary issue. Now when I change my rates (flight mode for Ail, Rud, Ele) for some reason the flap rates change as well (more or less travel). I did not set the flaps up with the rate flight mode and am not sure why this is now happening.
There will be a separate Flight mode trim for flaps for EVERY flight mode. You can also have dual rates and expo settings for all your defined servos such as Flaps, Nose Wheel Steering, etc.
So what do you have defined for flight modes, Low, Medium and High Rates + No Flaps, Half Flaps and Full Flaps? If you have all those as flight modes, you will need to adjust flight mode trims for flaps for each combination of flight modes, which gets messy. Personally, for a jet, I try to keep it simple and just have flight mode for Take-Off (half flaps), Cruise(just flying around) and Landing (Full Flaps)
and simply use a single switch to set both Dual Rate/Expo and as appropriate for each flight mode. For example, I may have similar the lowest rate setting for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder on the Takeoff flight mode as speeds should be adequate to ensure good control authority, The Aileron, Elevator and Rudder rates in Cruise flight mode would be appropriate for precision flying and the typical aerobatics I'd perform with a scale jet and for landing, I'd have the rates set to ensure adequate control authority for landing at lower speeds with full flaps. Doing it this way uses only 3 flight modes and as a result I only need to play with flight mode trim for the flaps as appropriate for those modes.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! I just got my UMX planes flying on my DS16. It's probably me beeing slow as there are allot of videos about spektrum boxes. Well I took it a step further useing a Jeti satellite and the orange TX-module. When updating the satellite to 3.23 it can bind to the DS16 and be programmed as JR neg PPM!

Cool, swift and on top of the world as always :-*
Old 01-04-2015, 01:01 AM
firebladeswe

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Firebladeswe..... A simple fix could be a rest of your sensors.... Under the menu "Sensors and Logging" press F1 "Auto" this will reset all your sensors and possibly correct the issue you have....you will not lose anything it's just a refresher..

Also make sure that CB200 is displayed and connected under one of the Rsat recievers in device explorer.....

Jim is an expert at CB200 and he will get you going if the above quick remedies don't work...

Welcome to the Jeti family.... Enjoy your system..

Hi LA jetguy

I can report that a reset of the sensors did not work :-(

Best regards
Bengt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.