Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I really donīt understand all this but is it possible to take the PPM signal out from my DC-16 transmitter via the “internal conector”, whatever that is, and lead it into a transmitter module from Weatronic and thereby control my Weatronic receivers? I have just updated my DC-16 to v. 3.02.
Jannica in Sweden
Old 01-04-2015, 05:49 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by firebladeswe
Hi LA jetguy

I can report that a reset of the sensors did not work :-(

Best regards
Bengt
If you've verified the the CB200 ISN'T defective by plugging ANY Jeti telemetry device into the EX port and you've verified that the Xicoy interface works via another receiver, that should rule out defective hardware. If you want to get to the bottom of this issue, there is a simple test. Follow the instructions in the Xicoy interface that puts it in the mode that allows you to set fuel flow parameters, etc, via the Jetibox interface. Instead of using a REAL Jetibox, try to talk to the Xicoy interface via the DS16s Jetibox emulators. Based on what I believe the problem is, I'm guessing that you see will some random looking characters such as question marks, etc displayed on the Jeti box emulator. If you see that, the problem is a baud rate mismatch between the CB200 and Xicoy interface and the solution is to plug a 2 into 1 telemetry (or 4 into 1 if you like) expander between the CB200 and the ECU interface. I know I've previously seen this problem reported for the Central Box and I had this issue myself but I've done a number of searches and can't find it again. Not sure this issue hasn't been solved in the latest Central Box firmware or not but it's easy enough to verify whether or not this is your problem by simply trying to talk to it via the Jetibox emulator.

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-04-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:35 AM
firebladeswe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
If you've verified the the CB200 ISN'T defective by plugging ANY Jeti telemetry device into the EX port and you've verified that the Xicoy interface works via another receiver, that should rule out defective hardware. If you want to get to the bottom of this issue, there is a simple test. Follow the instructions in the Xicoy interface that puts it in the mode that allows you to set fuel flow parameters, etc, via the Jetibox interface. Instead of using a REAL Jetibox, try to talk to the Xicoy interface via the DS16s Jetibox emulators. Based on what I believe the problem is, I'm guessing that you see will some random looking characters such as question marks, etc displayed on the Jeti box emulator. If you see that, the problem is a baud rate mismatch between the CB200 and Xicoy interface and the solution is to plug a 2 into 1 telemetry (or 4 into 1 if you like) expander between the CB200 and the ECU interface. I know I've previously seen this problem reported for the Central Box and I had this issue myself but I've done a number of searches and can't find it again. Not sure this issue hasn't been solved in the latest Central Box firmware or not but it's easy enough to verify whether or not this is your problem by simply trying to talk to it via the Jetibox emulator.
Hi Wayne

I cant really say that I know or dont know if the CB200 is ok or not. I dont have any telemetry sensors to test with . But I do have a Jeti maxbec2 plus ex, and this device i manage to program when connected to the R9 receiver, but not when connected to the CB200 i cant access it. So my suspicion is that the box is a DOA. But i will first try one more test with the maxbec2 and cb200 to see if I can get any communication.
What do you think i should configure the EXT input to? Jetibox, EX bus, Telemetry input

Best regards
Bengt
Old 01-04-2015, 07:12 AM
firebladeswe

No way I can get info from anything connected to the CB200, I have tried with the maxbec2 plus ex now and nothing could be seen. But on the R9 i can program the maxbec2.
Starting to get frustrated...

I guess the CB200 must be a DOA.

Best regards
Bengt
Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Bengt..... Please verify that the Rsat receivers are set to communicate via "Ex-Bus" and that all 15 output pins on CB200 are functional..

you can PM Jim (RCjets_63) or myself for further support...

David
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 AM
wfield0455

Hi Wayne

I cant really say that I know or dont know if the CB200 is ok or not. I dont have any telemetry sensors to test with . But I do have a Jeti maxbec2 plus ex, and this device i manage to program when connected to the R9 receiver, but not when connected to the CB200 i cant access it. So my suspicion is that the box is a DOA. But i will first try one more test with the maxbec2 and cb200 to see if I can get any communication.
What do you think i should configure the EXT input to? Jetibox, EX bus, Telemetry input

Best regards
Bengt
Bengt,

Unfortunately, my only Jet with a Xicoy ECU and the Xicoy Telemetry interface is connected to an R14 receiver. My other models with CB200s installed use only the telemetry provided CB200 itself and have no external telemetry devices connected, at least not so far. As I mentioned previously I tried to connect as CB Elektronics JetCat ECU interface and while it worked perfectly when connected to other receivers I ran into problems with the CB200 as when I tried to connect to it via the Jetibox it would display scrambled characters and I found a post describing this problem and the solution, whihc I've not yet implemented was to insert a Telemetry expander which would tolerate the very slight communications speed mismatch from the CB200 between the ECU interface and the CB200s EXT port.

I did verify that the R14 that is working properly with the Xicoy ECU interface has it's EXT ports set to Jetibox, not EX Bus so I assume the CB200s EXT port should be configured the same. As I recall you were able to get it to work using another Jeti receiver. I would basically duplicate that setup again and verify what data you see when talking to the Xicoy interface via the Jetibox emulator and then repeat that experiment using the CB200.

If you've already mentioned this, sorry for asking again but what satellite receivers are you using with the CB200 ? I'm assuming Rsats since your in Sweden? Do you have them successfully paired in Dual Path Mode ? IF you go into Models, Device Explorer, do you see the CB200 as a subordinate to the Primary receiver ? I'm assuming that you do but I just wanted to be sure you are configuring the CB200 via the device explorer as opposed to a Jetibox. Assuming everything is correct to this point, can you go to the Sensors and Logging menu and see the CB200 in the list of devices ? If so, in displayed telemetry, are you able to select U Accu 1 and U Accu 2 for the CB200 and display them on the transmitters front panel. If this is all working properly, then that would indicate that the CB200 is able to properly communicate with it's satellite receivers and use them to send telemetry to the transmitter, which would be a pretty good indication that the CB200 is working properly. At that point, I'd try connecting the Xicoy interface to the CB200, using the same step that worked with the other Jeti receiver and see if you can talk to it via the Jetibox emulator.

I have a CB200, new in the box but I only have a single R3 receiver. I'll try to see if I can get my CB200 to talk to my Xicoy interface but if the CB200 won't work, at least for bench testing with a single receiver I won't be able to make much progress. I'll let you know what, if anything, I'ma able to figure out..
Old 01-04-2015, 09:34 AM
wfield0455

Bengt,
I have what I believe is an answer to this problem.
First, make sure you have everything conncted properly. Rsat configured to talk EX Bus as opposed to PPM as has been suggested and their EXT Ports connected to the CB200s Sat ports, not the CB200s EXT ports. I've verified the the CB200 will work properly with a single receiver connected so if you think that will simplify things, try using only the Primary Rsat.

I just setup a CB200 on the bench, and connected it to my Xicoy interface via the Ext1 connection on the CB200. It didn't work. I tried both Jetibox and EX Bus setting, neither worked. I then connected an Mspeed Airspeed telemetry adapter to the EXT1 port. It didn't work either. Again tried both Jetibox and Ex Bus for the EXT1 port and neither worked with either the Xicoy or Jeti MSPEED adapters.
I then went into output pin configuration and changed ports 14 and 15 from servo outputs to Telemetry Inputs. I then connected the MSPEED and it worked properly. I could talk to it via the Jetibox emulator AND see it in the Sensors / Logging list. I then connected the Xicoy interface and it too works properly now again both via Jetibox and in the Sensor/Logging list.

I'm certain that I have used the EXT1 connector on a CB200 before, at least on the bench, but it was with older CB200 irmware. The CB200 I was using today is brand new and has the latest CB200 firmware installed. It seems Jeti has either changed or broken the EXT1 port in the latest firmware but I haven't done enough testing to say for sure. Since I was able to get everything to work properly on the other EXT ports, I really didn't care.

I suspect once you get things connected properly, you will be able to see CB200 Telemtry and then by configuring ports 14 and 15 to Telemetry inputs and connecting the Xicoy interface to one of them, your Xicoy interface will work too. I've purchased quite a bit of Jeti gear and I haven't had any defective devices yet, so I wouldn't be too quick to assume that the CB200 is defective.

EDIT: A bit of a mistake in some of the above as a result of my NOT reading the CB200 directions recently. I'm leaving it intact to help others that may have made the same mistake. The reason the devices weren't working when connected to EXT1, is because EXT1 is the CB200s Telemetry OUTPUT, which would need to be connected to the EXT port of an external receive that is using PPM communications rather than EX Bus. So "My Bad" for connecting an external Telemetry INPUT to the CB200s Telemetry OUTPUT. I was certain I had successfully done this in the past but as they say, the memory is the first thing to go... In any EVENT the bit about needing to set the other Ext port, which can be Telemetry Inputs under output config is still correct...

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-04-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:16 AM
wfield0455

No way I can get info from anything connected to the CB200, I have tried with the maxbec2 plus ex now and nothing could be seen. But on the R9 i can program the maxbec2.
Starting to get frustrated...

I guess the CB200 must be a DOA.

Best regards
Bengt
But can you see the telemetry that the CB200 send itself via the Rsats ? Does the CB200 show up in the device explorer and can you see it in the Sensors / Logging List ? If so, can you display items like CB200 U Accu 1, etc ? If so, the CB200 is probably Ok. If not, you either have a connection problem or the CB200 is defective but I doubt the CB200 is bad.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:32 AM
firebladeswe

Hi Wayne

I tried to do the bench test as you did, with only 1 primary rsat2 only. But i believe the ground problem is that i don't see the CB200 under sensors/logging page.
But how to do that is a question itself, but this must work first of all i believe.

Best regards
Bengt
Old 01-04-2015, 11:17 AM
wfield0455

Hi Wayne

I tried to do the bench test as you did, with only 1 primary rsat2 only. But i believe the ground problem is that i don't see the CB200 under sensors/logging page.
But how to do that is a question itself, but this must work first of all i believe.

Best regards
Bengt
If you using the PPM connections and NOT the EXT ports of the Rsat to connect to Sat1 and Sat2 of the CB200, you WILL need to connect the EXT1 Telemetry OUTPUT of the CB200 to one (Primary makes sense) of the Rsats EXT port, otherwise you won't have access to CB200 Telemetry,,
Old 01-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jannica
I really donīt understand all this but is it possible to take the PPM signal out from my DC-16 transmitter via the “internal conector”, whatever that is, and lead it into a transmitter module from Weatronic and thereby control my Weatronic receivers? I have just updated my DC-16 to v. 3.02.
Jannica in Sweden
Yes. This is the same as I described before. Only thing with Jeti, we can do it by transmitting to a reciver who forwards the PPM signal. All done without opening the Tx and soldering inside it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2235446
Old 01-04-2015, 03:10 PM
firebladeswe

Hi Wayne

I now think I know the problem... I need to upgrade the FW in the rsat's to new version. Since the radio have the latest version. Also rsat's need newer one. I have 3.13 and I should have 3.23. Then I should have a better chance toget everything to work. But thing is I don't have the usb cable, so I need to order and wait...
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 AM
firebladeswe

So today i received my Jeti usb cable and updated my rsat2 to version 3.23.

AND EVERYTHING WORKS....

I can see telemetry values from CB200, I can see values from the turbine.

So for all CB200 and rsat2 users out there, You must have software/firmware version that are up to date with each other.
In my case the transmitter was the latest "3.02" and cbox200 "1.2" but my satellites was "3.13" and not compatible with transmitter.

I would like to give you guys a warm thank you, for all your help.

Last edited by firebladeswe; 01-08-2015 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-08-2015, 07:06 AM
LA jetguy

Bengt.. Congratulations Glad everything worked out for you.

Now enjoy your Jeti system..... The best in the market

David
Old 01-08-2015, 09:10 AM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

I'm thinking to move from my Jr 12x to a Jeti system, can someone tell me how easy is the Jeti compare with the 12x regarding the programing and mixes.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by osvaldopv
I'm thinking to move from my Jr 12x to a Jeti system, can someone tell me how easy is the Jeti compare with the 12x regarding the programing and mixes.

Thanks
I did just that coming from a long history of JR 10X 10S and 12X (which in my view was not as good). There is a learning curve for sure like changing OS system all together you have to unlearn or forget your old ways and relearn a new way of thinking.
No aileron to elevator or aileron to rudder preset for example, but that is the beauty of the system you do what you want with it and it will do it.
I had to send my 12X to the shop to get the proper ailerons snafu corrected in the programming, being in Canada that was an ordeal. With Jeti all upgrades are computer based and free (with the -16 at least)

Once you get your mind into the Jeti way, everything seems so easy and much more ''that is the way it should be''.

Easier not at first, but no limitations in anything you want and can think of.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:57 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to be running 2 Rsat2s with a Powerbox Royal SRS and believe that I can still get full Jeti telemetry by using expanders off the Rsat2s. Be grateful if this could be confirmed or corrected. Also be grateful for any specific issues I need to watch out for.

Thanks for the help

Bob

Found the answer - thanks

Bob

Last edited by Blancr; 01-12-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:45 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sold my 14mz and bought a ds 16. So far I like the radio. Put some flights on it yesterday to test it and a new receiver out.

I purchased the the xicoy telemetry adapter for my kingtechs. How do I set an alarm for when I get down to 25% fuel? Has anyone figured out how to reset the fuel level for when you're using a overflow tank??
Old 01-12-2015, 11:50 AM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
Sold my 14mz and bought a ds 16. So far I like the radio. Put some flights on it yesterday to test it and a new receiver out.

I purchased the the xicoy telemetry adapter for my kingtechs. How do I set an alarm for when I get down to 25% fuel? Has anyone figured out how to reset the fuel level for when you're using a overflow tank??
jonkoppisch... you set that up this in your Alarm menu. Use "fuel" as your sensor to trigger the alarm and set the valve of X>25%.. then you will need to associate a sound file to that. I have created a standard sound file saying "Fuel Level" and then on the bottom of the Alarm screen you have an option to "announce value" then select that... so when your fuel level get to 25% the sound file is executed and then the actual amount of fuel left is announced.

I have setup three different Alarms...one for 50%, 30% and 20%...

Let me know if you need help...

Enjoy...
Old 01-12-2015, 03:52 PM
jonkoppisch

That did it!! Thanks

Hopefully they'll code in a sensor reset for the fuel
Old 01-12-2015, 04:08 PM
LA jetguy

You're welcome ... Glad to hear it worked for you...

The fuel % will get reset once you turn off the power to ECU... check it out...

Enjoy your Jeti system...
Old 01-12-2015, 04:37 PM
mort78
My Feedback: (1)

Smile

That did it!! Thanks

Hopefully they'll code in a sensor reset for the fuel
Jonko,
It's not possible to do at the moment.
I contacted Gasper about this, but the sensor resets to 100% on power up. Therefore, it won't have any clue as to how much fuel you use in the overflow tank.
The way I would do it.... Get an average consumption for your startup, taxi etc and just add that to the fuel level in the Xicoy unit. That should get you very close to the actual tank value.
It's never going to be 100%, but when are you ever going to fly to within a couple of % from empty.... intentionally!
All the best,
Morten
Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 AM
jonkoppisch

Couple more questions

I have different flight modes setup. When I select a flight mode, ie normal, takeoff flaps, landing flaps, my main screen toggles? Can I keep the screen from changing? You can see the pictures of the screens that it automatically goes to.

My trims and end points work on my flight modes except I can't seem to keep the steering servo from moving when the gear is retracted?

Is there any way to keep the main screen from going to the trim screen when you add some trim?

I was using auto trim yesterday. I had to make several passes with an electric t28 and it never did trim the ailerons right. Is there a way to make it quicker? Any idea why it never fully trimmed the ailerons? I reset it and tried several times. The plane was Minorly out of trim.. I'm using switch sf for auto trim.

Might as well ask this too How do I use the rudder trim for steering only and disable the trim for the rudder or change the rudder trim to another trim switch?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	838.7 KB
ID:	2063576   Click image for larger version

Views:	53
Size:	835.5 KB
ID:	2063577   Click image for larger version

Views:	51
Size:	843.9 KB
ID:	2063578   Click image for larger version

Views:	40
Size:	821.0 KB
ID:	2063579   Click image for larger version

Views:	54
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	2063581  

Last edited by jonkoppisch; 01-13-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Puttputt maru

I have a mix of rudder to my steering and on the second page of that mix I have used the retract switch to activate that mix... Therefore when the gears are down the mix is active and the rudder (master) moves the steering (slave).. And when I retract my gears up that mix is deactivated so the rudder movement doesn't move the steering
To take it a step further the amount of Rudder to Steering mix is flight mode dependent so during take off flight mode the mix is lower than the regular flight and landing mode (I have to thanks LA jetguy for that)

For your auto trim I would advise that you use a toggle switch for it (safer too). You probably give some correction that throws off your auto trim as you go to switch your switch again to turn the auto switch off.
I actually usually have someone to toggle the switch for me to make sure my stick are absolutely were I want them when the auto trim is deactivated

Old 01-13-2015, 12:50 PM
wfield0455

Couple more questions

I have different flight modes setup. When I select a flight mode, ie normal, takeoff flaps, landing flaps, my main screen toggles? Can I keep the screen from changing? You can see the pictures of the screens that it automatically goes to.

My trims and end points work on my flight modes except I can't seem to keep the steering servo from moving when the gear is retracted?

Is there any way to keep the main screen from going to the trim screen when you add some trim?

I was using auto trim yesterday. I had to make several passes with an electric t28 and it never did trim the ailerons right. Is there a way to make it quicker? Any idea why it never fully trimmed the ailerons? I reset it and tried several times. The plane was Minorly out of trim.. I'm using switch sf for auto trim.

Might as well ask this too How do I use the rudder trim for steering only and disable the trim for the rudder or change the rudder trim to another trim switch?

Thanks
Are you saying that each time you select a new flight mode setting that your entire screen changes, not just the display of the selected flight mode at the top of the screen but entirely different screens with different telemetry info displayed, etc???? IF that is the case, I assume you haveaccidentally changed from GLOBAL to SEPARATE in the Timers/Sensors, Displayed Telemetry menu. Go into that and it will most likely show an S in the upper left, click on it and it should change to G.

In Functions Assignment I assign to P3 to the Steering servo and P8 it's as trim. I then go to Fine Tuning, Free Mixes and create a mix of Steering to Steering with a value of -100% and assign a switch so that this mix is only active when the gear switch is in the RETRACTED position,

Don't know how to avoid displaying the trim menu but it's never been a problem for me. I never look awau from my aircraft during flight so I use voice prompts to give me into I need such as flight time remaining, etc..

One other comment, the way your flight modes are configured, you won't be able to select the gear flight mode unless the default flight mode is selected by moving switch D to it's undefined position. I'd personally suggest that you consider removing gear as a flight mode as it's much simpler to simply tie your gear channel to a switch. I normally like to use flight modes for configuring the plane for things like cruise, aerobatics, takeoff, landing, etc but I usually prefer the the gear to be independent from flaps, dual rates, etc..

As for Auto-Trim not finding a nice center, I assume your trim steps were set too coarse if auto trim wasn't working satisfactorily. I find trim steps set to 2 percent is usually Ok but I have a couple of models with really large control surface travel that need it dialed back to 1 percent. To change this go to the Fine Tuning, Digital Trim menu, select the desired control and use the right arow to find "STEP". Auto trim works really nicely with the correct trim steps..

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-13-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.