Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
I have a mix of rudder to my steering and on the second page of that mix I have used the retract switch to activate that mix... Therefore when the gears are down the mix is active and the rudder (master) moves the steering (slave).. And when I retract my gears up that mix is deactivated so the rudder movement doesn't move the steering
To take it a step further the amount of Rudder to Steering mix is flight mode dependent so during take off flight mode the mix is lower than the regular flight and landing mode (I have to thanks LA jetguy for that)

For your auto trim I would advise that you use a toggle switch for it (safer too). You probably give some correction that throws off your auto trim as you go to switch your switch again to turn the auto switch off.
I actually usually have someone to toggle the switch for me to make sure my stick are absolutely were I want them when the auto trim is deactivated

I'll have to try that. Definately a bit of a learning curve from the 14mz. When using conditions on it I would assign the nose gear to the same control then retract the gear, go into the end points and take them to zero.

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Are you saying that each time you select a new flight mode setting that your entire screen changes, not just the display of the selected flight mode at the top of the screen but entirely different screens with different telemetry info displayed, etc???? IF that is the case, I assume you haveaccidentally changed from GLOBAL to SEPARATE in the Timers/Sensors, Displayed Telemetry menu. Go into that and it will most likely show an S in the upper left, click on it and it should change to G.

***THANKS, that was it!

In Functions Assignment I assign to P3 to the Steering servo and P8 it's as trim. I then go to Fine Tuning, Free Mixes and create a mix of Steering to Steering with a value of -100% and assign a switch so that this mix is only active when the gear switch is in the RETRACTED position,

*** That did it!

Don't know how to avoid displaying the trim menu but it's never been a problem for me. I never look awau from my aircraft during flight so I use voice prompts to give me into I need such as flight time remaining, etc..

One other comment, the way your flight modes are configured, you won't be able to select the gear flight mode unless the default flight mode is selected by moving switch D to it's undefined position. I'd personally suggest that you consider removing gear as a flight mode as it's much simpler to simply tie your gear channel to a switch. I normally like to use flight modes for configuring the plane for things like cruise, aerobatics, takeoff, landing, etc but I usually prefer the the gear to be independent from flaps, dual rates, etc..

*** I tried that but I lost the ability to have a separate elevator trim when I raised or lowered the gear?

As for Auto-Trim not finding a nice center, I assume your trim steps were set too coarse if auto trim wasn't working satisfactorily. I find trim steps set to 2 percent is usually Ok but I have a couple of models with really large control surface travel that need it dialed back to 1 percent. To change this go to the Fine Tuning, Digital Trim menu, select the desired control and use the right arow to find "STEP". Auto trim works really nicely with the correct trim steps..
I thought about changing the trim step. I changed it to 4% but didn't notice much difference. Next time I'll go a little higher on it

Thanks for the ideas!

Last edited by jonkoppisch; 01-13-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:03 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"I thought about changing the trim step. I changed it to 4% but didn't notice much difference. Next time I'll go a little higher on it"

Actually, make the trim steps smaller. If you're at 4% change it to 2% per step. I'm assuming that what is happening is you for example. make a minor Aileron correction and it's rolling left, make another correction and now it's rolling right and you can never find the perfect center. If that is the scenario, smaller is better. Auto Trim just takes a bit of getting used to. Just put in whatever stick movements are needed and keep reducing them as the plane gets into better and better trim. Once it's REALLY close, then I'll sometime bump the actual trim buttons but on a Maiden with an airplane that is possibly diving quickly, auto trim is the best!

"*** I tried that but I lost the ability to have a separate elevator trim when I raised or lowered the gear?"

I've never had any elevator trim change when I drop the gear, only when I lower the flaps, still, if you're having that problem then flight modes is a good way to deal it. In that case, you should sort your gear down flight mode to the top of the flight mode list, making it the highest priority. Then, if you flip the gear switch the gear flight mode is selected as expected, regardless of the secondary flight mode switch. As you had it in the screen shots in your previous post, you would only be able to go to the Gear flight mode if the other switch wasn't selecting either of the other, higher priority flight modes. Hope that makes sense..

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-13-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:05 PM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
Has anyone any experience of setting up the Jetti MFLOw ex with the 16 ds tx,the instructions given give the setting up using the JETIBOX ?
not the 16 Ds Tx.any help would be appreciated.
Regards Ray
Old 01-13-2015, 02:08 PM
jonkoppisch

Originally Posted by wfield0455
"I thought about changing the trim step. I changed it to 4% but didn't notice much difference. Next time I'll go a little higher on it"

Actually, make the trim steps smaller. If you're at 4% change it to 2% per step. I'm assuming that what is happening is you make a minor alieron correction and it's rolling left, make another correction and now it's rolling right and you can never find the perfect center. If that is the scenario, smaller is better. Auto Trim just takes a bit of getting used to. Just put in whatever stick movements are needed and keep reducing them as the plane gets into better and better trim. Once it's REALLY close, then I'll sometime bump the actual trim buttons but on a Maiden with an airplane that is possibly diving quickly, auto trim is the best!

"*** I tried that but I lost the ability to have a separate elevator trim when I raised or lowered the gear?"
I've never had any elevator trim change when drop the gear, only when I lower the flaps, still, if you're having that problem then flight modes is a good way to deal it. In that case, you should sort your gear down flight mode to the top of the flight mode list, making it the highest priority. Then, if you flip the gear switch the gear does what's expected, regardless of the secondary flight mode switch. As you had it in the screen shots in your previous post, you would only be able to go to the Gear flight mode if the other switch wasn't selecting either of the other, higher priority flight modes. Hope that makes sense..
I didn't describe the trim good enough. It was rolling right and I kept holding left stick but it never took out all of the right roll. I started at the default of 2% then bumped it to 4% to see if it responded quicker. It's a t28 foamy so may bump it up a little more to see if it responds quicker.

I had had the gear to the top but it blanked the flap trim so I moved it to the bottom as the flap trim is more important.

i took the JetI to the field yesterday along with my new receivers to range test them and make sure everything works before installing in my jet

Last edited by jonkoppisch; 01-13-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:13 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
I didn't describe the trim good enough. It was rolling right and I kept holding left stick but it never took out all of the right roll.

I had had the gear to the top but it blanked the flap trim so I moved it to the bottom as the flap trim is more important.
OK, that's different than expected, I was assuming you could never find a perfect center which is more common. Are you sure it was actually going into auto trim mode, you should hear it beeping when ever auto-trim is active. If you scroll away from the main screen, into one of the menus, auto-trim gets disabled. When auto-trim is active, the more stick input provided, the faster the trim movement happens and it will take it all the way to 100% trim if you hold it over long enough. Mess around with it on the ground a bit and see how it behaves..

As for the gear flight mode overriding the flap trim you can still trim the flaps in the gear mode using the flight mode trim but you will need to have separate flight modes for each combination of flaps and gear which is the down side of having the gear as a flight mode. With them at the bottom as they are, you can never get to the gear flight mode with the flaps deployed by the other higher priority flight modes.

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-13-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

For steering trim I go to "digital trims" menu and change Tr3 from rudder to steering. That way the trim buttons do not work on rudder but do work on steering.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:25 PM
jonkoppisch

I'll check that out Wayne

Thats it Harry. I was looking at the menu wrong in digital trims!!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:31 PM
mavrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys.
I have had my DS 16 for about 6 weeks now and have started transferring my models over from my 12X, I am lucky to have a mate here to help me but I can't get him today and I thought I would put this here as some of you guys might be interested. I have my flight modes on SA and what I want to do is have take off to the back cruise in the centre and landing forward I know how to do it with my 12X but I am stumped with my Jeti. There was a question asked what the transition from the 12X is like, ounce you get your head around the fact that your JR is history and you can't think in those terms any longer it becomes very easy but there are a few things the book doesn't explain very clearly how to load your sound files for one and a couple of other things but no different or harder than any other radio and I love the feel of it.
Cheers
Mav
Old 01-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Puttputt maru

The thing to remember is the switch position needs to move TO the target position for twhat you want when you set the switch. So for a three position switch, put the switch in the MIDDLE, then go to assign action for the UP position, go to the switch select dialog and flip the switch UP. Leave it there. Go to assign the action for the MIDDLE position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the MIDDLE. Leave it there and go to set up the action for the DOWN position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the DOWN position. You've now assigned an action for all three positions of the switch. (From PVogel)

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 01-13-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:45 PM
mavrick

Hi Putt.
What I would like to do is have the switch (sa) to the back with take off flaps pull to the centre for cruise (flaps up) full forward for landing full flaps down, dose that make sense ??. I used to have the switch back for cruise centre for take off and forward for landing, but that way the switch is going backward and forward, not sure if it can be done this way.
Cheers
Mav
Old 01-14-2015, 05:23 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by mavrick
Hi Putt.
What I would like to do is have the switch (sa) to the back with take off flaps pull to the centre for cruise (flaps up) full forward for landing full flaps down, dose that make sense ??. I used to have the switch back for cruise centre for take off and forward for landing, but that way the switch is going backward and forward, not sure if it can be done this way.
Cheers
Mav
Personally, I like he way you USED to have it as I think that is more versatile. I use Cruise (no flaps, switch forward), Takeoff, (half flaps, switch centered) and Landing (full flaps, switch forward). Doing it this way allows me to change flight modes without "jumping across" any to get to the desired mode. I simply center the switch to take off mode, take off and move the switch back to cruise mode to raise the flaps. Make my flight and as I'm making my final lap, getting ready to land, I modv the stick to center to get half flaps, and after I turn to final I go to full flaps, if I think it's warranted.. With a good head wind I'll land at half flaps too. I don't like the idea of flying in the center position, and if going directly to full flaps to land. or moving the stick forward for half flaps, and then perhaps moving the stick all the way forward to go to full flaps. I like them to move in a nice smooth progression.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Puttputt maru

Mavrick, which ever order, you want your flight mode in, you can assign them to the switch position that you want to have. It is all a matter of personal preference.
Do you have problem assigning the position of the switch? Remember to move the switch from an other position towards the position that you want in order to assign that flight mode to it. Then procede to the next flight mode following the same pattern.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:35 AM
HarryC

I asked Jeti a question about the antenna voice announce and their reply is interesting so I think it is worth sharing.
If you have an Rx with rsat, or a CB with two rsats, you have 4 antennae. If you go to the voice announce menu, it only offers you antenna 1 and antenna 2, not antenna 3 and antenna 4. I asked Jeti why 3 and 4 are missing and their reply is -

" the Voice announcement announces the lowest value of the receiver's antenna
Something like this:
if (rx1Antenna1 < rx2Antenna1) announce rx1Antenna1 else announce rx2Antenna1
Similar with antenna 2."

What that means is it announces the lowest antenna 1 value of either Rx and the lowest antenna 2 value of either Rx. That is not the same as the lowest 2 values, since if the Rx 1 values are 2 and 5 and the Rx2 values are 3 and 6, the announcement will be 2 and 5, not 2 and 3.

Last edited by HarryC; 01-15-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:24 PM
Puttputt maru

Since there was a few questions as to how to achieve a a retract to steering mix with deactivation of the steering upon retraction, I did a little how to here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post30492158

Feel free to add and improve

Sharing is the key to enjoying this system at its best. Kudos to LaJetguy for leading my way on this
Old 01-15-2015, 02:50 PM
mavrick

Harry I know what you mean.
I had an instance yesterday installing my Demon with my Jeti absolute dead easy until you put the last input for the N/W steering the LED would go nuts I thought the end points were to short or I was doing something wrong, (won't be needing a hair cut for a while) it turned out it was the end of the programing but nowhere in the instuctions did it say this is what happens. I think this must be how they get there kicks.
Cheers
Mav
Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Since there was a few questions as to how to achieve a a retract to steering mix with deactivation of the steering upon retraction, I did a little how to here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post30492158

Feel free to add and improve

Sharing is the key to enjoying this system at its best. Kudos to LaJetguy for leading my way on this
Puttputt... Really nice job on the "How to"... Appreciate the kudos

Let me know if you or anyone is interested in a small programming I recently created... Which applies a "pulse" of brakes when the gears are retracted up. This will stop,the gyroscopic effect of large tires, as well as preventing the spinning tires entering wheel wells which could possible rub on air lines or brake lines...

The fun never stops with the best system on the market...

Enjoy...
Old 01-16-2015, 01:27 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

"Let me know if you or anyone is interested in a small programming I recently created... Which applies a "pulse" of brakes when the gears are retracted up. This will stop,the gyroscopic effect of large tires, as well as preventing the spinning tires entering wheel wells which could possible rub on air lines or brake lines..."

Yes please - This is the kind of really useful stuff that aught to find its way into the Jeti manual in the 'examples' section.

Thanks to PuttPutt and LA Guy

Bob

Last edited by Blancr; 01-16-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:58 AM
HarryC

I've added my steering program to the list http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post30492158
LA Jetguy, yes your brake pulse program will be good to see please
Old 01-16-2015, 04:48 AM
Puttputt maru

La Jetguy would love to see your pulse brake programming.

HarryC thanks for your programming, I had seen it before but for some reason I could not get it to work. I will have to have a look again.

Many ways to skin a cat with this system and it is always nice to see simpler ways to do it.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:43 AM
HarryC

Many ways to skin a cat with this system and it is always nice to see simpler ways to do it.
As we found with the Multiplex 4000, there can be many different ways, each suits a different style or use, sometimes the simplest way suits and sometimes a more complex way is better suited to all the other stuff you are trying to achieve. As you said, sharing is the key, if we build a library of solutions then people can choose the one that best suits that particular model.

I have just replied to your query about steering sensitivity on the rcgroups thread.

Last edited by HarryC; 01-16-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Jeti USA

Take advantage of weak Euro, we extended our Christmas Promotion and get $200.00 Gift Certificate for Jeti DS-16, DS-16 Carbon and DC-16 Carbon Radios.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...o-systems.aspx
Old 01-16-2015, 09:44 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default A short pulse of Brakes when retracting gears

I have created a simple program using two mixes (Free Mixes) to apply a short pulse (1.5s) of brakes to the tires when the gears are retracted. This will prevent spinning tires entering the wheel wells:

Free Mix #1

Brake to Brake.... 100% value
Use switch "Sb" (or your retract switch) to activate the mix.. that is you will get a "check mark" when the gears are retracted
Go to the Mixer Curve and change to "3-point" curve the "+" and "-" is important
Point 1 In -100% and Out 0%
Point 2 In 0% and Out 0%
Point 3 In 100% and Out -100%

Free Mix #2

Brake to Brake.... 100% value
Use switch "Sb" (or your retract switch) to activate the mix.. that is you will get a "check mark" when the gears are retracted
Under Delay (row) and Switch (column) under (+) change 0.0s to 1.5s.... (this is the length of "pulse" you want to apply)
Go to the Mixer Curve and change to "3-point" curve the "+" and "-" is important
Point 1 In -100% and Out 0%
Point 2 In 0% and Out 0%
Point 3 In 100% and Out 100%

I know I can take screen shots using switches, but I used my phone to take screen pictures.... Im sure Puttputt will make a better presentation and post it in the "how to" section

Enjoy your Jeti system....

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2042.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	2064185   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2043.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	2064186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2064187   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2045.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	2064188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2046.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	2064189   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2047.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2064190   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2048.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	2064191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2041.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	2064192  

Old 01-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Puttputt maru

Very nice and creative LA jetguy. Thanks for sharing this.

Nothing wrong with iPhone pictures, I just go through the trouble of screenshots to make my own little manual for the workbench. The ''how to section'' now is starting to be a favorite of mine on my iPad. It takes less room on my already crowded work space of 4X8 quickly turning into a 1X1, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 01-16-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks David

Bob
Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 PM
wfield0455

David, I like your brake pulse implementation. Thinking about it further, if you are using a ds16 sequencer to control your gear and doors, couldn't you simply add the brakes and give a pulse before raising the gear and have the sequencer only pulse as the gear is being raised?. The gear and door sequences would be symmetrical.. I don't have my ds16 handy so I haven't tried it yet though. Can you think of any reason it wouldn't work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.