Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
David, I like your brake pulse implementation. Thinking about it further, if you are using a ds16 sequencer to control your gear and doors, couldn't you simply add the brakes and give a pulse before raising the gear and have the sequencer only pulse as the gear is being raised?. The gear and door sequences would be symmetrical.. I don't have my ds16 handy so I haven't tried it yet though. Can you think of any reason it wouldn't work?
Wayne..... if you use the sequencer to pulse your brakes the sequencer channel will take control (over ride) over the actual switch (or lever) controlling your brakes..

David..
Old 01-17-2015, 04:17 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Wayne..... if you use the sequencer to pulse your brakes the sequencer channel will take control (over ride) over the actual switch (or lever) controlling your brakes..

David..
Good point, I hadn't thought of that.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:55 AM
wfield0455

Does anyone have a copy of the CB Elektronics JJXC (NON EX Version) ECU Protocol converter instructions? I've lost my instruction sheet and the data sheet on line has no operating instructions. I'm moving the unit to another plane with an older ECU that operates on a 2S Lipo pack and I need the proper switch settings to set it to Alarm at the proper voltage. The rotary switch is currently set to position "A" which I assume is correct for a 3S A123, ECU pack so I need the correct switch position for a 2S Lipo ECU pack. Any help would be appreciated. I still have the CD that came with the unit which I assumed contained the instructions but it contains nothing but a few Empty folders and no files of any kind which seems kind of strange.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Extraviking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should wanted to had a decent instruction on how to get the brake on the elevator from middle and front (-100- + 100) which is activated when the gear is down. And how swing nose wheel only when when gear is down.Not so easy this, when I soon is 60 years old and has JR system in the brain for 15 years.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:00 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Extraviking
Should wanted to had a decent instruction on how to get the brake on the elevator from middle and front (-100- + 100) which is activated when the gear is down. And how swing nose wheel only when when gear is down.Not so easy this, when I soon is 60 years old and has JR system in the brain for 15 years.
For Brake activated by down elevator and steering, do the following:
In Function Assignment create Brake but don't assign a control.
in Function Assignment, create BrkCtl and assign it to your elevator stick, P2 if using Mode 2.
In Function Assignment, create Steering and assign it to your Rudder stick (P4 if Mode 2) and select a trim control if desired, I use P8.
In Servo Assignment, assign your Brake, BrkCtl and Steering channels.
In Fine Tuning, Function Curves, Select a curve type of "3 Points" and set the point as follows: -100, -100, 100. This moves the full brake control to down elevator only.
In Fine Tuning, Free Mixes. Create the following mixes;
BrkCtl to Brake with a value of -100%, enabled by your landing gear switch when it is in the RETRACTED position. This mix DISABLES your brakes when the gear is up.
Steering to Steering with a value of -100%, also enable by our landing gear switch when it is in the RETRACTED position. Thiis mix DISABLES your steering when the gear is up.

You can use the Dual Rate / Expo menu to tune your steering as well as your other control surfaces if desired.

Hope this helps. This is basically how I set these up but I'm typing from memory so there may be some missed steps but this should help you figure out any other details

I also use a Parking Brake on a side level which is why I needed to create BrkCtl. You may be able to skip creating BrkCtl and assign brake directly to your elevator control. If so, the mix to disable would be brake to brake, -100 instead of BrkCtl to Brake...

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-17-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:36 PM
Extraviking

Thanks for the answer, i try this on a good day.

Last edited by Extraviking; 01-18-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:53 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Does anyone have a copy of the CB Elektronics JJXC (NON EX Version) ECU Protocol converter instructions? I've lost my instruction sheet and the data sheet on line has no operating instructions. I'm moving the unit to another plane with an older ECU that operates on a 2S Lipo pack and I need the proper switch settings to set it to Alarm at the proper voltage. The rotary switch is currently set to position "A" which I assume is correct for a 3S A123, ECU pack so I need the correct switch position for a 2S Lipo ECU pack. Any help would be appreciated. I still have the CD that came with the unit which I assumed contained the instructions but it contains nothing but a few Empty folders and no files of any kind which seems kind of strange.
Here you go Wayne.... Hope it helps...

David...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JJXC.pdf (1.36 MB, 76 views)
Old 01-18-2015, 05:12 AM
wfield0455

Great! Thanks David
Old 01-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Jeti USA

Default Jeti made history, first official commercial production using Multi-Rotor and DS-16

Jeti made history today, first official commercial production using Multi-Rotor and Jeti DS-16 radio system.

Zb/Esprit Model

http://abc7news.com/travel/coit-towe...t-done/473378/

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Coit Tower will reopen to the public Tuesday afternoon. Visitors were expected to be turned away for a second day as Logan Media films used a drone to film a corporate commercial. Instead production will wrap up at Alamo Square.

The use of this drone for a commercial shoot in San Francisco has raised the bar for local production and a few temperatures as well.

"Not just Coit Tower but the whole park around it was shut down for a commercial because a drone was used to fly overhead," said John Golinger with Protect Coit Tower.

Golinger said Monday that visitors to Coit Tower were turned away when Logan Media used a drone to shoot parts of their high-end commercial, preventing spectacular views from being enjoyed by those looking to experience the historic landmark.

"That's the first time in the 80 year history of Coit Tower that the entire area around Coit Tower has been cordoned off for private use," said Golinger.

The San Francisco Film Commission calls this one of the safest shoots. The FAA requires keeping the public 200-feet away during use of a drone for filming.

"They got permits to fly an unmanned aerial system, otherwise known as a drone. I think drone has a bad connotation," said Susannah Greason Robbins, Executive Director of the San Francisco Film Commission.

She says under the supervision of the FAA, measures were taken by the production company that went above and beyond what was necessary.

The production team is sizable, as is the revenue being generated by the city.

"They paid the parks department over $11,000 for their permit," said Greason Robbins.

And that's not all -- $1,000 was paid to the San Francisco Film Commission, more than $60,000 to the police department and other agencies. In all, the city will collect more than $200,000 for the first ever commercial shoot using a drone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	video-drone.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	2065006  
Old 01-18-2015, 12:34 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

You left out her intelligent comment how it's only four feet in diameter and weighs thirty lbs so the reality is, it's not going to hurt anybody.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:54 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Last week I asked Jeti a few questions via their website, to their credit they replied to all within a few days.

One of my problems was that I could not get the double button press in the DS-16 jetibox emulator to work. The answer from Jeti is that they have to be held down for at least 2 seconds, it felt like longer than that but it does work and then the screen message changes to say it has been successful.

Why a double button press? Several actions such as re-setting the GPS origin can be done by a double button press on the relevant menu item. GPS origin is important for zero-ing your position for values such as distance (from you), relative height (above starting point), and so on.

GPS origin can be re-set by plugging the MGPS second cable into a spare channel and switching it, as long as the servo pulse passes centre it resets the origin. However I am already using all 15 outputs of a CB200 so I have to use the jetibox emulator to set the origin. I fly that jet model at 4 different airfields and it is useful to be able to re-set the origin to that airfield at the start of a flying session.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Jeti USA

Few new upcoming items (Watch for Next Week Announcements, few Bombshells are Coming)

Two new lines of Rex 7, 10, 12 Receivers with:
- 3 Telemetry Slots
- 32 bit processor, tons of memory (Ready for any Future Updates)
- Receiver Telemetry Data Recording (Black Box)

The Assist receivers will have in addition Variometer, 3 axis Gyro with Accelerometers and G-Force Sensor.

- New DSM ESC, same function as DSM 10 with option of adding small backup battery
- SBEC 30 D EX with telemetry and Sensor Expander

Zb/Esprit Model

Name:	sm DSCN6924.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	2066963   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm DSCN6938.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	2066964   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm DSCN6944.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	2066965   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm DSCN6950.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	2066966  
Old 01-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Bdegan

I have been searching for 2 hours in here. No luck

I have 2 brand new 4 channel receivers. Run.

Neither of them will bind or connect to my ds 16. All my other receivers work fine.
I have the latest transmitter firmware installed. I also downloaded and installed the latest receiver firmware into the 4 channel receivers. No change.
I tried with and without bind plug. Also in every order and configuration of powering up devices. Nothing.

Those two receivers will not register and connect with my transmitter.

Any ideas ?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:59 AM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Can anybody tell me for what is accelerometers are for?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I haven't bind these for a while...but I remember that my 4ch RX were mislabel so try the other ports....if my memory serve me right it's on #3 port.....I guess they have a Lots of label to used before changing them
Old 01-24-2015, 04:41 AM
Dansy

Thanks

They are triggers for anything that you would like....brakes.....heli recovery.....alarm announcement, anything that you can think of.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Bdegan

Originally Posted by Dansy
I haven't bind these for a while...but I remember that my 4ch RX were mislabel so try the other ports....if my memory serve me right it's on #3 port.....I guess they have a Lots of label to used before changing them
Dansy, thank you. It was port 3.
port 3 is labeled USB and port 4 is labeled bind.
I updated the receiver last night through port 3 labeled USB. Update went fine as it should.
With port 4 labeled bind and port 3 accepting the firmware update. Why would I have reason to think otherwise. LOL
But this morning I thought " what do I have to loose. Stuck the bind plug into port 3, Bingo ! Worked

Thanks again
Old 01-24-2015, 06:41 AM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Default jeti

Dansy, what you mean is if I put the brakes in the slider switch, I have to have accelerometers?
Or that is for other purposes, like when you tilt the radio I can activate brakes or timer?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dansy

Thanks

They are triggers for anything that you would like....brakes.....heli recovery.....alarm announcement, anything that you can think of.

Last edited by osvaldopv; 01-24-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeti comes through again, what a fantastic bit of kit. If you look at all the major brands of R/C and studied there specs Jeti stands head and shoulders above them all. I am particularly impressed with this new 32bit Jeti 12ch Rx with built-in 3 axis Gyro, G-Force Sensor, Variometer, Accelerometers, Option of up to 3 ports for additional telemetry and HD power in all in a extremely compact package. This on top of the usual Jeti RXs ability to match and set any servo output for function, direction, travel and centre point within the Rx all independent of the Tx.

Name:	sm%20DSCN6938.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	2067189  
Old 01-24-2015, 06:59 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Few new upcoming items (Watch for Next Week Announcements, few Bombshells are Coming)

Two new lines of Rex 7, 10, 12 Receivers with:
- 3 Telemetry Slots
- 32 bit processor, tons of memory (Ready for any Future Updates)
- Receiver Telemetry Data Recording (Black Box)

The Assist receivers will have in addition Variometer, 3 axis Gyro with Accelerometers and G-Force Sensor.

- New DSM ESC, same function as DSM 10 with option of adding small backup battery
- SBEC 30 D EX with telemetry and Sensor Expander

Zb/Esprit Model
The DSM ESC or Dual Switch Mixer, doesn't seem to be anything like the DSM 10, which is a dual input switch with magnetic key or basically a battery share device.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-elec...ey-dsm-10.aspx
Old 01-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Jeti comes through again, what a fantastic bit of kit. If you look at all the major brands of R/C and studied there specs Jeti stands head and shoulders above them all. I am particularly impressed with this new 32bit Jeti 12ch Rx with built-in 3 axis Gyro, G-Force Sensor, Variometer, Accelerometers, Option of up to 3 ports for additional telemetry and HD power in all in a extremely compact package. This on top of the usual Jeti RXs ability to match and set any servo output for function, direction, travel and centre point within the Rx all independent of the Tx.

Actually it will be even better, we will be selling REX receivers in two configurations. But even the basic one will have all the extra hardware installed, that Assist has but disabled. You can buy basic REX 7/10/12 receiver (Much Cheaper) and later if you want to update firmware for nominal fee to support full stabilization and extra sensors (Vario, G-Force...).

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 01-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Jeti USA

The DSM ESC or Dual Switch Mixer, doesn't seem to be anything like the DSM 10, which is a dual input switch with magnetic key or basically a battery share device.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-elec...ey-dsm-10.aspx

Give me few days we will finish web page.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 01-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Actually it will be even better, we will be selling REX receivers in two configurations. But even the basic one will have all the extra hardware installed, that Assist has but disabled. You can buy basic REX 7/10/12 receiver (Much Cheaper) and later if you want to update firmware for nominal fee to support full stabilization and extra sensors (Vario, G-Force...).

Zb/Jeti USA
Now that's a good strategy
Old 01-24-2015, 11:07 AM
Mark Vandervelden

These RXs are a welcome addition but I hope Jeti still intend to introduce there independent "Assist" unit (Gyro) for use with existing equipment such as the CB 200 etc?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by osvaldopv
Dansy, what you mean is if I put the brakes in the slider switch, I have to have accelerometers? Yes and No..........Not unless you mix it
Or that is for other purposes, like when you tilt the radio I can activate brakes or timer? yes...

Thanks
You have to remember almost anything is possible with this radio.....all you have to do is have some idee of what you want to accomplish and then find a way to do it.....and usually there's more then way to accomplish it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.