Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 05:51 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Before an update, make sure that you save your model directory to your computer so that you have a back up just in case.

After performing an update, you need to use device explorer to go into the two receivers and make sure that the failsafes are turned off and into the central box and check that the failsafe is enabled/correct on the throttle channel. Those are the only things that I have seen change because of the updating process.

Jim
Old 03-24-2015, 06:38 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
Here's a problem that has me stumped; perhaps another Jeti user has a solution.

For my Gripen, I'm using the sequencer in the transmitter to control the doors and the retracts and it works just great. The doors operate in "Mode 2" (doors normally closed and only open while the gear is raising/lowering and then close again). I also have an MBar to give me an indication if I have an air leak.

The full scale Gripen also has Mode 2 doors, but has the extra functionality as follows:
- when the plane is parked, the doors are open
- the doors remain open until the plane's taxi speed exceeds 20 km/hr and then they close and revert to Mode 2 operation
- after the flight & landing, the doors remain closed until the aircraft is parked and the engine is shut down, at that point they automatically open

I am happy enough to simulate this functionality using a manual switch to close the doors when taxiing out, and opening the doors after shutting down the turbine. The switch needs essentially to override the sequencer (switch down = doors open, switch up = sequencer has control of doors for retraction/extension of landing gear).

I have tried to program this using the sequencer and by adding a switch-activated mix. No joy. It appears that the sequencer output for the doors overrides all other inputs on the door channel.

I also tried adding another sequence activated my the manual switch. (Seq 1 door operation for retracts and Seq 2 gear operation where both are activated by the gear switch, and Seq 3 door operation using the manual switch). No joy. Since both Seq 1 and Seq 3 are selected to drive the door channel, the sequence with the lower number (Seq 1) is followed and Seq 3 is ignored.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jim
Here's the solution:

Radio Programming to Override Gear Door Sequencer

In order to be able to open the doors manually, I wanted a switch to over-ride the sequencer control of the doors. Here's how it is done:

1) Create a function "Doors" in Function Assignment. Assign a logical switch (in my case L2) to control the doors. Leave the Gear control blank "..."

2) Program the sequencer as follows:
- Q1 "Doors" activated by the gear up/down switch (Sk in my case). Leave the Overwrite channel blank "..."
- Q2 "Gear" activated by the gear up down switch (Sk). Assign the Overwrite channel to "Gear 1"

3) Program logical switch as follows:
- L2 "DrCntrl" Enabled
- Control 1 is the override switch (Se), Condition = AND, Control 2 = Q1 (the door sequencer)
- after selecting Q1, press the Prop button (F2) so that it is proportional
- set the evaluation to Lin (linear).

Now, whenever the Se switch is in the up position, the sequencer has control of the doors. When the Se switch is in the down position, the doors are open.

To replicate the scale functionality, I'll put the Se switch in the down position after shutting down the turbine (allowing me access to the manual fuel valve and fuel fill port). While taxiing out for the next flight, and with the airplane oriented so the doors can be seen by the judges, I will move the Se switch to the up position to close the doors and give the sequencer control.

The same method can be used to override the Butterfly function, for example, using a switch. See http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...sing-a-switch/

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen000.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2083963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	2083964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2083965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	2083966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen004.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	2083967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen005.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	2083968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen006.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	2083969  

Last edited by rcjets_63; 03-24-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Jose.benitez006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news on the CB 400?
Old 03-28-2015, 01:17 AM
Pepperpete

Ok guys I'll give this one more shot...

On ANY other brand of radio to use a head tracker its this...
1) Plug in Cable from FPV Goggles to Trainer Port of Radio
2) Set Radio to Master Trainer
3) Done and Done (Couldn't be easier)

Now on my DC-16 I've bought and installed the PPM cable as Jeti said I would need to do. But now what? Can ANYONE please walk me through step by step to make this work. I'm pretty much desperate here...and very frustrated after literally hours and hours of research with NO solution. How can a radio of this caliber not work with such a basic thing...Hopefully the gurus can help. With the MASSIVE surge in FPV flyers out there how can Jeti not be directly addressing this?

Last edited by Pepperpete; 03-28-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:08 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

You will have better chance on the other forum.....and since this cable is not available in North America.....you should try the German forum, theres an english section.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:08 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Ok guys I'll give this one more shot...

On ANY other brand of radio to use a head tracker its this...
1) Plug in Cable from FPV Goggles to Trainer Port of Radio
2) Set Radio to Master Trainer
3) Done and Done (Couldn't be easier)

Now on my DC-16 I've bought and installed the PPM cable as Jeti said I would need to do. But now what? Can ANYONE please walk me through step by step to make this work. I'm pretty much desperate here...and very frustrated after literally hours and hours of research with NO solution. How can a radio of this caliber not work with such a basic thing...Hopefully the gurus can help. With the MASSIVE surge in FPV flyers out there how can Jeti not be directly addressing this?
Ok,

I have no idea what you've tried but I'll give it a shot.

Assumptions:

1) You've installed the PPM cable and connected the head tracker to it.
2) Since the Jeti expects a wireless trainer connection, it doesn't allow dual path in Trainer mode. Because of this you will need to operate in Default mode,
with a single receiver or if you want a redundant receiver, the secondary receiver will need to operate in "Clone" mode..
3) When you created the model memory you used Function Assignment to ADD a HeadTrackerLeft/Right channel (HTLR) and a HeadTrackerUp/Down channel (HTUD).

Based on the above, you would need to go to Advanced, Wireless/Trainer menu and set mode to "Teacher", assign a Trainer switch and Pair Primary TX module.
Scroll down until you see HTLR and HTUD and enable them.

With the Trainer function enabled, you SHOULD be able to use the servo monitor in the transmitter to observe the channels associated with the head tracker. You may need to reorder your channels using Servo Assignment to get things in the correct order depending what the head tracker channels are sent in the PPM stream..

I don't own a head tracker but that is how I would go about trying to get it to work..
Hope this helps.

Wayne

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-28-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:45 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose.benitez006
Any news on the CB 400?
Hi Jose,
Between Mid April and the begining of May, is what I was told by Jeti this week.
Regards,

John
Old 03-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Pepperpete

Thank you Wayne....I will give that a try.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:25 AM
Jeti USA

We will be doing next week complete set up video with Align M480L and Jeti.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-29-2015, 04:13 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI all, about to order a DS-16, one question, can I use my Powerbox SRS in my set up, if so, what all do I need, beside the DS-16.
Rcpete
Old 03-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI all, about to order a DS-16, one question, can I use my Powerbox SRS in my set up, if so, what all do I need, beside the DS-16.
Rcpete
If PB can do dual redundancy pick ANY 2 receivers, you will connect PowerBox via EX Bus data link to the receivers.

With Jeti receivers all of them are programmable, full range with telemetry and all digital data streams.

if you do not have yet PowerBox, get Jeti Central Box 200, with CB200 you get redundancy, telemetry, protected programmable outputs and additional telemetry inputs.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cent...ceivers-2.aspx

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 PM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete, I use two rsats, two R3's in your case.
Make sure you have the latest software in the receivers AND your Powerbox!
Gary.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:37 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
If PB can do dual redundancy pick ANY 2 receivers, you will connect PowerBox via EX Bus data link to the receivers.

With Jeti receivers all of them are programmable, full range with telemetry and all digital data streams.

if you do not have yet PowerBox, get Jeti Central Box 200, with CB200 you get redundancy, telemetry, protected programmable outputs and additional telemetry inputs.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cent...ceivers-2.aspx

Zb/Jeti USA
Originally Posted by madmodelman
Pete, I use two rsats, two R3's in your case.
Make sure you have the latest software in the receivers AND your Powerbox!
Gary.
I believe that you need a third R3 receiver if you want Jeti's telemetry wtih the PB setup? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike
Old 03-30-2015, 02:07 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

HI mike and others, with the CB200 and 2 R3's, how many channels do I have, and second question, with the PB SRS and 2 R3's, how many channel do I have.
Rcpete
Old 03-30-2015, 02:23 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI mike and others, with the CB200 and 2 R3's, how many channels do I have, and second question, with the PB SRS and 2 R3's, how many channel do I have.
Rcpete
Pete, The CB200 will give you 15 channels. The PB SRS depends on which on you have? The SRS Royal 16 channels, The SRS Competition 14 channels and the SRS Cockpit 12 channels.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:23 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The CB200 lacks the regulator unfortunately.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:31 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any news on setting the MUI to % instead of mah?
Old 03-31-2015, 05:09 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
Any news on setting the MUI to % instead of mah?
The percentage reading would mean that in some ways your Tx will have to know or you would have to input it yourself, what your battery mAH capacity is. Granted this is just a programming windows that the Tx would have for every model.

Not sure if this has been said before but I use a voice alarm that does not tell me the mAh but tells me: "Warning land soon" and then one with a warning Horn Star Trek style for land now. The same could be used for the percentage, just have for example 3 alarms one that says 50%, an other 60 % and one 70% or what ever you want.

I still have one switch that reads me mAh consumed but I rarely ever use it anymore.

I find that any number being read to me when I don't "actively" listen becomes a: what was that? Having the alarms at critical points in my view is better then just a percentage reading or any number being called out.

The repeat thrice that was introduced lately helps but why not just have a sound that you readily recognize as such for all of your planes, helicopters etc...Information overload just becomes that. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 03-31-2015 at 05:12 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Jeti USA

[h=1]Jeti Programming: Telemetry and Sound On Events[/h]Zb/Jeti USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn8YiqowIIg
Old 04-03-2015, 01:47 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The CB 400 should be here by the end of this month.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:47 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

I just purchased my DS-16 and am a newbie to Jeti. I want to do some initial testing with some smaller aircraft. My question is, if I plug a EX R3 as a satellite into a EX R7 receiver, do I get 10 channels to operate? And does it matter if they are setup in default or double path mode? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:57 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
I believe that you need a third R3 receiver if you want Jeti's telemetry wtih the PB setup? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike
Mike,

only if you use the EX Bus protocol in your receivers you'll have to add a 3rd RX, because the EXT port is used to connect the receivers to the Powerbox. This is the same port that your telemetry sensors would be plugged in. But another option is to set the receivers to UDI protocol, the Powerbox will understand this as well. This way you can connect two telemetry sensors to your receivers, because the UDI output is the "Sat" port and not the "EXT" port (check the Jeti manual). The only downside is that the UDI protocol only supports 12 channels, but this should still be plenty if you use the servo matching function of the Powerbox.

Thomas
Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HotelSierra
I just purchased my DS-16 and am a newbie to Jeti. I want to do some initial testing with some smaller aircraft. My question is, if I plug a EX R3 as a satellite into a EX R7 receiver, do I get 10 channels to operate? And does it matter if they are setup in default or double path mode? Thanks.
No, you have to bind both receivers individualy in Dual Path mode. RF module number 1 to R7 and RF module 2 to R3, after that you have to log in to the receivers and assign channels to your servos.

zb/Jeti USA
Old 04-04-2015, 04:08 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I would share a post I made a wile back on RCU about another option and my experiences with the new Powerbox Expander and its use with my Jeti DS16.

As I had a little credit with Dave at Motors and Rotors so I decided to try out the PB Expander SRS . I called and ask M&R to send me one down along with a PB Gemini II reg, Dave as usual was very quick and both items arrived next day less than 20 hours after my call.

The PB Expander unit is very light at 25g and at 55x40x14mm about the same size as my Jeti 10ch Rx, it has a Multiplex power in socket in the centre of its top edge and the whole unit is rated at 30amp peak. Along its sides there are 18 ports for servo leads, 1-12 down the right edge and 13-18 on the lower left edge, there are also 4 more ports at its upper left edge for USB, 2x RX (Sats) and one marked Misc (S Bus-EX-Bus out?). I must admit I prefer to see the sockets along its edge rather than on the face like the 10ch Jeti and CB200 that I would normally use, its just looks a bit tidier to my eye when installed.
First thing I had to do was setup the Expander to enable it to be used with my Jeti as by default they come set to Futaba. This can only be done using a USB dongle and the Powerbox Terminal program you need to installe on a computer, I happen to have a PB USB dongle but I'm told the Jeti and Multiplex ones will also work . Unfortunately when I tried this the PB Terminal did not recognise the Expander, a quick email to Richard and his team revealed that the "Terminal program" was not yet ready to use with the Expander but give him an hour or so and he will let me have an update. True to there word they emailed me a program file to update the Terminal , I then installed as instructed and magicly a new tab opend up within the Terminal program, it was then just a case hooking it up and choosing one the Jeti options of Jeti EX or UDI.

PB have now updated there online "Terminal" program so you should not have the same hurdle to cross.

Jeti options are UDI or EX which one?
I chose to try EX first and in duel path mode so my Jeti Sats were set accordingly with servo timing at auto, 16chs and failsafe disabled using my explorer function within my TX, then they were bound in the duel path mode. This setup gives me outputs for all my TXs 16ch and the remaining outputs 17-18 simply hold the servo at neutral. One big drawback came to light with using the Expander with my Jeti in EX mode, that is there is no facility in the Expander itself for any telemetry so you don't get any telemetry ports, add to that the EX port on the Sat is now used to connect it to the Expander so that is now also unavailable.

I then decidided to try it with my second Jeti option and use UDI to see how that stands up, again I reset the Expander on my computer accordingly and reset my Sats to UDI mode. This setup also worked straight away and frees up the EX ports on the Sats allowing two inputs for telemetry. The trade off is unfortunately with Jeti on UDI you only get 12ch.

Setting up a failsafe.
This at first was a problem, you cant use the failsafe within the Jeti Sats themselves as this will confuse the heck out of the SRS built into the Expander just as it would with a Jeti Central Box. Unfortunately at the time I was trying out the Expander there was no failsafe facility within the Expander itself. A further email to Richard at PowerBox asking how to overcome this resulted in a promise to update the Expanders software but to give him the weekend to sort it out. Again "Team PowerBox" came through and V.02 software for the Expander was written now with a failsafe. With this update I have now been able to choose ether hold or present on all of the possible 18 outputs. The preset failsafe positions are set by using your Tx wile set to were you want the outputs to be with wile the Expander is also connected to your PC. With this in mind one thing you will need on site from now on with the Expander if you wish to reset failsafe will be your laptop.

Gemini II
Power supply to the Expander requires using a single multiplex plug, this is a bit of a faf if using the PB Gemini as its "power out" is delivered via two servo fly leads. To connect up to the Expander means having to cut off one end of each lead and solder them to a single Multiplex plug, not a big problem but would like to see the option of two servo type plug inputs on the Expander, perhaps over the top or along side the existing Multiplex socket. Im not sure if you can "back feed" through unused sockets on the Expander instead of using the multiplex socket, but I will ask and get back, also although the new Gemini is rated at 12amps the two light weight leads "it has to use" would in reality only cope with half this?
The other slightly awkward feature I've found wile using the Gemini II is that its inputs and outputs are arguably on its "underside". So if its to be mounted to enable its "Mag Switch" built in to the unit on its face results in the plugs dangling underneath the tray its mounted too, hence inaccessible. There is also no safety clip feature for the plugs so make precautions or there liable to "fall out" under positive "G". I guess if you really want to use the Gemini's Mag Switch you could mount it to the fusalages side and have the plugs facing horizontal and operate the switch from outside the airframe. For now I will mount it on its back and use the more usual PB switch that it comes with on a ribbon cable.

The Jeti MAX BEC would be ideal for The PB Expander, it has the right size leads and plugs, you can use its remote mag switch or even the RC switch if using Jeti. It also will give you full telemetry of the battery states and has higher amp potential. Oh and is its a bit cheaper than the Gemini.

If you are going to use a HV setup on the Expander and don't require a reg at all there of course is no battey backer built in as with say the CB 200 so a Jeti DSM 10 or PB 12 switch will ideal giving you full battery redundancy. The PB 12 switch has a traditional built in HD mechanical switch, the Jeti DSM 10 has a choice of magnetic failsafe switch on a fly lead or an arming plug.

Conclusion
The Expander dose gives me the use of all of the DS16 "16" channels on EX but at the expense of loosing telemetry and that's a shame as telemetry is one of the DS16 best features.
"With out" the ability to remap or duplicate the Expanders outputs which is std on Jeti RXs and Central Boxes its not really "Expanding" well not for Jeti users.
However For JR XG14-28X DMSS users and the Specky DX18 it could be a very handy bit of kit and the only easy option if you need to use more than 11-12ch PWM chs.
(That's until JR and or Horizon wake up and make some 14-18 ch RXs.)
Its neat and tidy and PB units are well backed up so perhaps its software will be further updated making it more useful in the future?
For me using a Jeti CB 200 is still my first choice, its cheaper over all and although it "only" has 15 active chs it dose have a battery backer, servo overload protection and full telemetry.
There is a "S" bus feature on the Expander but I have little use for any type of S Bus, I just don't see the benefits of S-Bus or JRs X-Bus but that's a whole other discussion
Bit of a pain if you need to adjust its failsafe after the early flights on site once the airframes trimmed "I always do" you will have to bring a laptop along with you.

Hope some find these ramblings usefull. Mark V

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 04-04-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Jeti USA

[h=1]Jeti Programming Video: Telemetry and Sound On Events[/h]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn8YiqowIIg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.