Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:07 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpete347
Hi, I am a finger flyer, this is my first real tray, so I will not now if I like it, until I actually fly with it. The tray feels pritty good, but the sliders feel ackward at first feel.
Rcpete

Also, anyone know when Behotec and Jet Central turbine sensers will come out, would be cool to do adjustments to the turbine from the transmitter.
Hello,
There is another solution that works with Behotec and JetCentral

https://sites.google.com/site/wbtele...tebox-for-jeti
Old 04-20-2015, 03:12 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
I'm running 26" extension from the tip of my nose in my Dolphin S back to my receiver.

Are you using a male/female extension plugged into the supplied male/male, or did you make one longer male/male? Just wondering if the extra plug is OK?

Thanks
DD
Old 04-20-2015, 03:31 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recommend making a male to male, but it will work ok with extensions just fine.. just check the voltage drop using the telemetry..
Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelevel
If you are a "pincher", probably the DC series would have been the better choice, because you can reach the sliders without breaking your fingers. I also have a DC-16 and a 14 in a tray, and I prefer the feel of the tray type a lot over the handheld 14 in a tray, although it is a lot heavier and bulkier. But it all comes down to personal preference, it might just take some time to get used to it.

The Vspeak converter works with all Hornet ECUs, that includes Behotec turbines as well (see http://www.vspeak-modell.de/en/ecu-converter/hornet). Gaspar @ Xicoy also has his own telemetry module that works with Jetcentral turbines (see http://www.xicoy.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=336), but I don't know if it allows to change the ECU settings through the radio.

Thomas
the Xicoy works with any Xicoy/fadec V10 and yes you can ditch the GSU because you can adjust the ECU via the Jeti radio Emulator.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:45 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ddennison
Can I use an additional extension for my r3 to central box? I have 2 satellites with the cb 200 and would like to get one a little farther away than the standard length extension.
can they be extended? Do they need to be equal length?

thanks
dave
Just ask Jeti on their website, I did and they replied within minutes!
Max length for an RSat2 to CB is 1 metre, I would expect the same for an R3 instead of RSat.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:26 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Dansy
the Xicoy works with any Xicoy/fadec V10 and yes you can ditch the GSU because you can adjust the ECU via the Jeti radio Emulator.
Would be better if Xicoy guys start talking to the Jeti team. The Device Explorer is much more faster and more advanced interface, you are able to communicated with devices in bi-directional mode.

Zb/jeti USA
Old 04-21-2015, 05:51 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Would be better if Xicoy guys start talking to the Jeti team. The Device Explorer is much more faster and more advanced interface, you are able to communicated with devices in bi-directional mode.

Zb/jeti USA
I can't disagree with that.....but It's still leaps ahead of other jet engine device... I believe the only devices that can adjust the ECU through the radio without the use of the GSU.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:12 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
I can't disagree with that.....but It's still leaps ahead of other jet engine device... I believe the only devices that can adjust the ECU through the radio without the use of the GSU.
I really don't mind using the GSU if for some reason I need to tweak something like pump voltage, etc, but during normal startup, the Xicoy unit displays RPM, ETC, etc, right on my DS16s front panel which is very convenient. Additional support via device explorer would of course be nice, but I think Gaspar did a rather nice job of balancing simplicity of use and the features provided by this interface.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I really don't mind using the GSU if for some reason I need to tweak something like pump voltage, etc, but during normal startup, the Xicoy unit displays RPM, ETC, etc, right on my DS16s front panel which is very convenient. Additional support via device explorer would of course be nice, but I think Gaspar did a rather nice job of balancing simplicity of use and the features provided by this interface.
You don't need the GSU to tweak setup unless your is not the V10 version ECU.

Its a great telemetry device which at a very decent price point....
Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am looking to get a DS 14 soon. How difficult is it to add the 2 toggle switches not included with the 14, but are installed in the 16? Do they just plug in, or do they need to be soldered? No biggie either way. Does Esprit have these switches in stock?
Old 04-21-2015, 12:14 PM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I am looking to get a DS 14 soon. How difficult is it to add the 2 toggle switches not included with the 14, but are installed in the 16? Do they just plug in, or do they need to be soldered? No biggie either way. Does Esprit have these switches in stock?
All switches are "plug and play" there is nothing to solder. Usually Espritmodels has all switches in stock
Old 04-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

It is easy to install or change the switches, in the case of the DS14 you have to remove the two plastic plugs by squeezing the two tabs on the back side and then they will come right out. DO NOT try to just push them out or you will damage the face panel. The procedure is outlined in the manual. Make sure your order "DS" switches as the "DC" switches are different.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:28 PM
wfield0455

As others have said, the switches are easy to install or replace. One other suggestion is to order the tool that Esprit offers to tighten the "trim nuts" that Jeti uses on their switches. It makes removing and tightening the switches much easier..
Old 04-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Puttputt maru

Just one more just in case, If you ever need some stick switches (probably never on a DS) you will have soldering to do. I did some on my DC-16, as long as you have a soldering iron with a small tip and are not bad at soldering, you are ok.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 PM
mort78

Originally Posted by Jeti USA

Zb/jeti USA
I have both the Jeti DS16 and the Xicoy telemetry device. I personally believe there are 2 annoying issues using the Jeti to make changes/monitor the xicoy fadec.
I find the fact that the Device explorer page always goes back to the initialisation screen is a pain. What would be nice is if it stayed on the page you left it on, after each TX/Xicoy power cycle.
Secondly, I find there is a big 'LAG' between pressing the desired button, and seeing the change on your Jeti. I'm not sure what the refresh rate is, but it would be nice if it were quicker.
That said.... it's awesome to see the engine parameter's on the DS16. I'm sure it'll only get better with time.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:28 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Asked the same question on rcg but, thought it might reach the jet guys quicker here.

What are you fellows doing for an alternative throttle trim? in particular for turbines.

I have tried to switch my throttle trim to both a switch and an rotary knob. I reduce the trim throw to 25% but, the problem that I'm seeing is that the trim will equally affect the high throttle and the low throttle.

for eg. if you are at full throttle on the stick and reduce your trim, it will reduce your high throttle. Throttle trim should effect only the low throttle. What am I missing in the set up?

Thanks

Mike
Old 04-22-2015, 03:18 PM
vertical grimmace

Thanks for the info guys. Another question: I do not have a PC right now (or one that is working reliably), I plan to get a another cheapo laptop soon, but right now all I have is a chromebook. Is it necessary to have a PC to get a DS 14 up and running? For registration etc.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Bob_B

Thanks for the info guys. Another question: I do not have a PC right now (or one that is working reliably), I plan to get a another cheapo laptop soon, but right now all I have is a chromebook. Is it necessary to have a PC to get a DS 14 up and running? For registration etc.
You will need a device with a USB port to register and upgrade your DS14
Old 04-22-2015, 03:33 PM
vertical grimmace

Well, my Chromebook does and has full internet capability, it is just not PC based. That would be nice if the Chrome operating system will suffice.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Bob_B

Default Setting the throttle trim to throttle low 50%

The photo show the steps through the menu to set the throttle trim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2091169   Click image for larger version

Views:	57
Size:	952.3 KB
ID:	2091170   Click image for larger version

Views:	61
Size:	639.6 KB
ID:	2091171   Click image for larger version

Views:	64
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2091172  

Last edited by Bob_B; 04-22-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:04 PM
luv2flyrc

Originally Posted by Bob_B
The photo show the steps through the menu to set the throttle trim
Thanks Bob, I do know how to set the throttle trim to the trim buttons. I wish to assign it to another switch or knob. You can do this under Functions Assignment but, as I said, the trim effects both high and low throttle. Does anyone have a "fix" for this?

Mike
Old 04-22-2015, 04:41 PM
wfield0455

Default Throttle trim on a switch.

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Thanks Bob, I do know how to set the throttle trim to the trim buttons. I wish to assign it to another switch or knob. You can do this under Functions Assignment but, as I said, the trim effects both high and low throttle. Does anyone have a "fix" for this?

Mike
I replied over on RCG that I typically leave it on the trim buttons and set the trim step to 100% and go from off to full in 2 clicks. You can also deselect the Throttle from the trim buttons and move down to the next slot. Select a switch, select Thro-lo50% and set trim step to 100% and you should be all set.. Throttle trim will have no effect about half stick.. I should mention that the trim will behave a little different and if you do it this way you will only get 0% (trim centered) or 100% for the 2 switch positions. You should still have enough difference to do a "Learn RC" and have it shut down properly but you won't get -100% - +100% for a trim range..

Another option would be to simply disconnect the throttle trim in the trim menu completely and create a Throttle to Throttle mix with a value of 25% or 50% depending on the trim change desired and use the desired switch to activate the mix.

A final solution would be to use Advanced Properties, Other Model Options and select the desired switch as the "Throttle Cut" switch, then set the Throttle-Cut output value to -125% or something reasonable. I think I like the last one best but I didn't think of it until I had posted the other solutions :^)

One final comment on the Throttle-Cut solution, it will drive the throttle channel to the "kill" position, even from full throttle so you should use one of the locking "safety" switches if you go that route..

Wayne

[ATTACH]2091178[/IMG]
[ATTACH]2091179[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen000.bmp (225.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: bmp
Screen001.bmp (225.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-22-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:16 PM
luv2flyrc

Thanks Wayne, you have some creative ideas there! Much appreciated.

Mike
Old 04-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Jeti USA

Some reading for the weekend.

We just received the pdf. manual of the Central Box 400, please excuse English still working copy. But we are already working on the revision. Jeti promised to have them mid may.

Zb/Jeti USA

The Central Box 400 is a switchboard designed for the complete management of servos in large to giant models with an emphasis on safety. The Central Box 400 has a unique design that provides overload protection at each servo output. Independent, very powerful BEC stabilizer (battery eliminator circuit) for each battery input makes the Central Box an optimal solution to connect 24 servos. The Central Box 400 can manage the batteries and fully supports the JETI EX telemetry system. Up to two receivers with serial (PPM, EX Bus, UDI) output can be connected to the Central Box 400. With JETI DC/DS transmitter, the full potential of the Central Box can be used, such as an easy way to configure the Central Box, EX telemetry, and very fast servo response.

1.1 Attributes
- Two independent high-powered BEC´s for voltage stabilization of servos
- overload protection on each channel
- overload protection on Rx, Ext, and Switch outputs
- possibility to connect up to 2 receivers with serial interface (PPM, EX Bus, UDI)
- built-in Expander function with a possibility to connect JETI EX sensors
- input for magnetic switch or RC switch
- accumulators connected via MPX connector
- stabilized voltage output via a pair of MPX connectors
- 100Hz mode of servo outputs (10ms period)
- supports EX telemetry (voltage, current, capacity, and temperature measurement, overload indication, ...)
- internal memory for storage of telemetry data
- USB connectivity for connection to PC
- easy settings changes via DC/DS transmitter
- firmware updates
- suitable for use with high voltage (HV) servos
- robust metal construction with mounting holes
- LED status indication
- each output is individually configurable (channel assignment, trim, reverse, ATV)

Central Box 400 has 24 outputs for servos with individual overload protection. Moreover, outputs Y17-Y24 can be configured as:
• servo outputs
• logical inputs
• logical outputs
Control signals generated by the Central Box to servos have 5V. This solution brings reliable signal transfer for servos for longer distances.

Ext1 - Ext4 ports can be configured for use as:
• inputs for telemetry sensors
• EX Bus expanders - used for connecting devices which support the EX Bus protocol (the Central Box, a sensor,...)
Ext4 - slot is also used as an output to connect a JETIBOX to configure the Central Box and for the firmware update connection
Rx1 - primary input for connecting receivers with serial output (EX, PPM, UDI)
Rx2 - secondary (backup) input for connecting receivers with serial output (EX bus, PPM, UDI)
Switch slot is reserved for connecting magnetic switch or RC Switch

BEC output serves as the output for stabilized voltage to power supply other Central Boxes that can be power supplied from the Central Box 400. The voltage at the output has the same level as the voltage for supplying the servos. Voltage for the servo outputs is adjustable in the range of 5-8V with 0.1V step.
For more safety the Central Box 400 contains two BEC connected in parallel regulators. Information about the correct power supply and a faultless condition of individual branches is indicated by green LED and also by telemetry. It is not recommended to use the BEC output for direct power supply of servos or receivers with servos. These devices are not individually protected. In case of overloading one element of the branch supplied from the BEC output, the entire branch is disconnected. BEC output current limit is 15A.

Central Box 400 is fitted with internal memory of 8 MB. This memory is used to store the telemetry from the Central Box and from the sensors connected to it. The memory has a standard FAT32 file system. The files containing the telemetry data are located in the Log. directory. The file name consists of its serial number and a log file extension, for example. "1.log". When creating a new file, the number in the file name is increased by 1 compared to the previous title. The highest number in the file name indicates the most recent record.
If the memory is full, the oldest file is deleted and the storage continues. The memory has a capacity of about 1 hour recording at full capacity, i.e. 4 telemetry sensors connected to the Central Box.
The telemetry recording starts automatically if the Central Box detects a receiver providing the information on channels on Rx1 or Rx2 pins. The recording stops automatically when you switch off the Central Box.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 PM
mort78

Wow.... I'm really looking forward to that CB400.
May I ask, what are the dimensions of this unit? What about cost?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.