Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 04:50 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Multiplex fittings are pretty easy to solder.. bend the tabs a little before hand.

Logical switch function in the Jeti Radio.. Read about it in the manual.. It allows you to use two conditions to create a switch, such as:

If the gear switch is up, AND the PSI is above 60 psi, then allow the gear to come up, Otherwise keep it down.. so you program the radio to do this via the Mx and Logical functions.. then tie that condition to the Function labeled Gear..

When you throw the switch up, it will only allow the gear to go up IF the PSI is what you programmed.. and if the logical condition is met while the gear is up, (low air press), then the gear will come down because the logical condition is no longer valid.. PRESTO (a gear safe system)

This is in addition to having alarms and the display on the transmitter.. and to have it call out that to you.. I like automatic things.

make sense?

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-07-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:08 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Multiplex fittings are pretty easy to solder.. bend the tabs a little before hand.

Logical switch function in the Jeti Radio.. Read about it in the manual.. It allows you to use two conditions to create a switch, such as:

If the gear switch is up, AND the PSI is above 60 psi, then allow the gear to come up, Otherwise keep it down.. so you program the radio to do this via the Mx and Logical functions.. then tie that condition to the Function labeled Gear..

When you throw the switch up, it will only allow the gear to go up IF the PSI is what you programmed.. and if the logical condition is met while the gear is up, (low air press), then the gear will come down because the logical condition is no longer valid.. PRESTO (a gear safe system)

This is in addition to having alarms and the display on the transmitter.. and to have it call out that to you.. I like automatic things.

make sense?

Oh yes. Thanks for the info. I am pretty blown away with the features this radio offers. Kind of a game changer. I was dead set on getting a DX 18, until I dug deeper with the Jeti. Kind of odd Esprit never gave me a shipment tracking number. Hope my order is on the way. Really looking forward to playing with this thing.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:10 PM
gooseF22

welcome to the jeti family.. you will absolutely love flying with it.. the response is amazing.. add a little expo to your throws when you convert your models, and remember that 80% jeti throws is the same as 100 on JR and Fut.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:14 PM
vertical grimmace

This will be an eventual home for the Jeti. It will require 12 channels, the reason I needed a new radio. My 2015 AMA scale nationals entry. Of course as soon as I get some paint on it!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11205992_10206812535696335_4863628298660284346_n.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2094582  
Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 PM
gooseF22

Nice..
I recommend a cortex 3 axis gyro for it as well.. this might be a good candidate for the wireless switch setup, with an optical throttle kill. see this pic of the setup with cb200
it may sound like overkill, but for a really important model such as a competition model, its the best setup for safety and redundancy.

A CB200 with 2 R3, with another r3 for a wireless switch, a cortex using it on the tail and ailerons. 2 A123's, and an optical ignition switch. this pic is HV but you can see the gist..
Then I would add telemetry MU3 for the ignition, and a thermal sensor for the heads. Finally, use the airspeed indicator if able to help you with scale maneuvers, and of course the pressure sensor for the air.. The CB200 will allow 3 telemetry slots, and the pressure sensor has 2 more expansions, so you are good to go.

This setup will monitor full use of both your batteries, and your ignition battery, allowing you to know exactly what the condition of the model is at any given moment, as well as having the airspeed and altitude being recorded for analysis after your flights.. Then you can add a GPS for data logging..

Thats basically the same setup thats in the top gun jet and Jet world masters jet of Jim McEwen.

Good luck. It will take awhile to get your head around what this thing can do but it rocks totally..

Name:	IMG_2254.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	2094597  

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-07-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:52 PM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Hello everyone,

I started this post eighteen months ago with a simple question. Look at how this thread has grown. Great to see. I was going to wait till I received my Jeti Air Force Transmitter that I ordered which is replacing my 12X radio. But received an email from Esprit Model today letting me know that there will be a two week delay from Jeti. What is two more weeks when I've waited eighteen months this will give me more time to keep reading through this thread.

I would like to take this time to thank all that have posted on this thread. Your knowledge and experiences' will make my learning curve that much easier to apply to this new system. Thank you all.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:19 PM
vertical grimmace

The wireless switch is such a great idea. I had planned to put operating cowl flaps on, but not sure it will happen by July. I had the notion with the temp sensor, I could slave the cowl flaps to the head temp, and have them actually function like a thermostat. It will be a little while before I fully implement everything on want, but it sure is nice to know how far you can go with this thing.

I want you to know the 2 main reasons why I purchased this radio, other than more channels. The great array of available receivers, at good prices. Better than any other manufacturer. Also the ability to program the voice modulation, and then toggle it, to call out competition maneuvers for competition pattern practice.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:26 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Thanks for the info guys. That is great as you get feedback as well telling you that you are getting low on pressure.

Another question: On the central box, does it regulate the voltage down for the correct servo voltage as well? I am not running high voltage servos, and noticed the Jeti battery packs are over 7 volts. I think that might be too much.
I run A123 bats now, and was just wanting to avoid having to solder on new connectors.

Pardon my naivety, but what is a "logical" switch?
It your batteries already have Deans connectors, powerbox makes a deans to multiplex adaptor. https://duraliteflightsystems.com/in...product_id=125
They offer them for EC3 to Multiplex and a number of other connecter types as well..

Wayne
Old 05-08-2015, 03:55 AM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would share a new idea I saw. I have been using MSpeed to call out landing speed using even number when speed was increasing and odd when speed was decreasing. It made it easier that way rather than having to remember what the last number was and figure out if it was higher or lower than the next. But One guy on an other board went one up on that one with a female voice for decrease and a male voice for increase speed. I think this is even better.

On that I decided it would be great to share ideas and have a common place just to post them so I started a thread for it in the Jeti USA RCGroup thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2409139

It would be nice to contribute a shared area just for the ideas.

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 05-08-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:27 AM
gooseF22

Vertical, If you go to puttputts link, there is also a link for setting the Mbar for gear safe. or go to post 1382 in this thread thanks PuttPutt...

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-08-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:29 AM
vertical grimmace

Great info guys. Yes, my A123 batts have Deans plugs.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Puttputt maru

I added the link to model name to my original post of ideas for Jeti:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2409139

see for the mini how to:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2407498
Old 05-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it possible to buddy up (i.e. training mode) a Spektrum DX7 with a DC 16? Seems a long shot but Jeti seems to be able to do everything else (my DC 16 is currently doing the dishes)

Bob
Old 05-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by Blancr
Is it possible to buddy up (i.e. training mode) a Spektrum DX7 with a DC 16? Seems a long shot but Jeti seems to be able to do everything else (my DC 16 is currently doing the dishes)

Bob
Yes it is and in Europe you can buy the PPM cable for it. have a look at this thread:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....hlight=student
Old 05-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Puttputt!

Bob
Old 05-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Jeti USA

We have decided to create whole series of Jeti Short videos, each one describing one single feature, function or fast how to. This way we can create whole catalog and keep the whole series always up to date even if Jeti introduces new software updates. More will be coming daily.

Zb/Jeti USA

Introducing "Jeti Shorts", Your Express Way to Jeti Universe!!!

Telemetry/Timers: Timers - YouTube

Basic Programming: Accelerometers - YouTube

System: Screen Contrast/Blacklight & Telemetry On/Off - YouTube

Last edited by Jeti USA; 05-16-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:45 PM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Great! Thanks!

Jannica
Old 05-17-2015, 09:41 AM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
We have decided to create whole series of Jeti Short videos, each one describing one single feature, function or fast how to. This way we can create whole catalog and keep the whole series always up to date even if Jeti introduces new software updates. More will be coming daily.

Zb/Jeti USA

Introducing "Jeti Shorts", Your Express Way to Jeti Universe!!!

Telemetry/Timers: Timers - YouTube

Basic Programming: Accelerometers - YouTube

System: Screen Contrast/Blacklight & Telemetry On/Off - YouTube
Thank you,
This will help tremendously. I will be receiving my radio this week.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Jeti USA

Default Jeti, Emcotec, Hacker, Cortex, MarkusR + Variable Pitch & Thrust Vectoring = Awesome

More info coming soon, but this is one of the kind Markus Rummer's Delro Raven 3.1m Electric Aerobatic airplane with Variable Pitch & Thrust Vectoring.

Without Jeti, Emcotec and telemetry control none of this would be possible. Jeti's sensors are controlling pitch, constant speed and max temperature of the system. If any of the servos, ESC or motor overload or overheat transmitter will automatically lower the power outputs. The Mini DPSI power distribution units are controlling independently airplane and pitch & thrust vectoring servos.

Zb/Esprit Model

Delro Raven
Hacker A200 Custom
Jeti Spin 300
10,000mAh 12S Batteries
BavarianDemon Cortex
DPSI RV mini 6 Magic Power Distribution (Airplane)
DPSI RV mini 5 Magic Power Distribution (Variable Pitch & Thrust Vectoring)
Spin 700 Custom Helicopter Blades

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	812.8 KB
ID:	2097348   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2097349   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	586.8 KB
ID:	2097350   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	977.7 KB
ID:	2097351   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	925.3 KB
ID:	2097352  
Old 05-20-2015, 12:05 PM
vertical grimmace

I have a question about the electronic switch. Is there any current draw when the system is sitting idle and turned off. I am wondering if it will be necessary to unplug the RX power batteries to avoid draining the cells when not in use?
Old 05-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
More info coming soon, but this is one of the kind Markus Rummer's Delro Raven 3.1m Electric Aerobatic airplane with Variable Pitch & Thrust Vectoring.

Without Jeti, Emcotec and telemetry control none of this would be possible. Jeti's sensors are controlling pitch, constant speed and max temperature of the system. If any of the servos, ESC or motor overload or overheat transmitter will automatically lower the power outputs. The Mini DPSI power distribution units are controlling independently airplane and pitch & thrust vectoring servos.

Zb/Esprit Model

Delro Raven
Hacker A200 Custom
Jeti Spin 300
10,000mAh 12S Batteries
BavarianDemon Cortex
DPSI RV mini 6 Magic Power Distribution (Airplane)
DPSI RV mini 5 Magic Power Distribution (Variable Pitch & Thrust Vectoring)
Spin 700 Custom Helicopter Blades
Pretty nice setup, wouldn't mind something like that.....
Old 05-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I have a question about the electronic switch. Is there any current draw when the system is sitting idle and turned off. I am wondering if it will be necessary to unplug the RX power batteries to avoid draining the cells when not in use?
Yes there's a small draw with any electronics switch when off.....much larger when at idle since its also powering the RX, servos and whatever else you got plug in. The R3 has a bigger draw..

it it should be unplug unless you fly very frequently, personally I discharge and recharge my batteries every time out.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Puttputt maru

Short answer yes they all drain your batteries a bit.
As I recall one of the guys on an other forum had an R3 and a RCSW plugged for 6 days each to see the drainage. The R3 used up about 2000mAh the RCSW 20 mAh.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:45 PM
vertical grimmace

That is important for people to know, as it is not good for most batteries to be taken down to zero volts. The old voltage regulators would do that as well. Remembering to unplug your RX battery can be tough as well.

With all of that said, I cannot wait to hook one of these up into my planes though. I think it is a really cool feature.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? When I switch on the model, the wheels go up, then come back down again. I am using a CB200 with an electronic valve (not jetronic) for the retracts. I have 2 of the same valves for retracts and doors in another model with an R12 rx and that has no problem. The problem is because of the time delay between the CB200 passing power to the outputs, and eventually generating a servo signal. Many analogue servos, and this valve, move a lot when just given power and no signal. I can't swop the valve outputs and reverse the servo/valve because it is spring loaded to one output and the down is on that so that it remains pressurised down when the radio is off. I have tried with no failsafe set, and with failsafe set to wheels down, it makes no difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.