Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 05-21-2015, 07:33 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryC
Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? When I switch on the model, the wheels go up, then come back down again. I am using a CB200 with an electronic valve (not jetronic) for the retracts. I have 2 of the same valves for retracts and doors in another model with an R12 rx and that has no problem. The problem is because of the time delay between the CB200 passing power to the outputs, and eventually generating a servo signal. Many analogue servos, and this valve, move a lot when just given power and no signal. I can't swop the valve outputs and reverse the servo/valve because it is spring loaded to one output and the down is on that so that it remains pressurised down when the radio is off. I have tried with no failsafe set, and with failsafe set to wheels down, it makes no difference.
Do not have any pressure in your air tank until after the radio is turned on.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:59 AM
HarryC

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Do not have any pressure in your air tank until after the radio is turned on.
I'm not going to vent the entire system every time I want to switch on the radio.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Jack Diaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HarryC, I'm not familiar with that radio, but try binding the receivers with the gear switch in the down position (and also in the up position), and see if it makes any difference.
If it was Spektrum or JR, it would.

Jack
Old 05-21-2015, 08:31 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? When I switch on the model, the wheels go up, then come back down again. I am using a CB200 with an electronic valve (not jetronic) for the retracts. I have 2 of the same valves for retracts and doors in another model with an R12 rx and that has no problem. The problem is because of the time delay between the CB200 passing power to the outputs, and eventually generating a servo signal. Many analogue servos, and this valve, move a lot when just given power and no signal. I can't swop the valve outputs and reverse the servo/valve because it is spring loaded to one output and the down is on that so that it remains pressurised down when the radio is off. I have tried with no failsafe set, and with failsafe set to wheels down, it makes no difference.
Harry,

You mentioned that you've tested it with no fail-safe set and with fail-safe set to wheels down. When you say "no fail-safe set" does that mean you've disabled fail-safe altogether, it's set to HOLD or that fail-safe for the gear channel is set it to OUT-OFF?

Also, which valve it is that you are using?

Wayne
Old 05-21-2015, 09:14 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Welp, I purchased a Jeti this week. I guess I'm part of the dark side now lol. I still love my DX18 as it's been flawless to date. I like the additional features of the Jeti though and I got a good deal on one so it made sense to make the move.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also purchased a DS16 this week as well. Pick it up on Sunday!! Can't wait
Old 05-21-2015, 11:59 PM
HarryC

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
HarryC, I'm not familiar with that radio, but try binding the receivers with the gear switch in the down position (and also in the up position), and see if it makes any difference.
If it was Spektrum or JR, it would.

Jack
It's nothing to do with the radio settings, nor is it specifically a Jeti problem I have seen it on other brands. Old fashioned rx did not have a boot up time and passed the data signal to servos almost instantly after power came on. Rx with microprocessors have a definite boot up time so the servos get power but no position signal for the first second or two. As a rule of thumb, digi servos stay still but many analogue servos will turn a long way when they get that initial burst of power but no data. I would get the same problem if I used an analogue servo and a servo operated valve. This electronic valve is behaving like an analogue servo. I think the only way around it is to try a different brand of valve.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:35 AM
Puttputt maru

It's nothing to do with the radio settings, nor is it specifically a Jeti problem I have seen it on other brands. Old fashioned rx did not have a boot up time and passed the data signal to servos almost instantly after power came on. Rx with microprocessors have a definite boot up time so the servos get power but no position signal for the first second or two. As a rule of thumb, digi servos stay still but many analogue servos will turn a long way when they get that initial burst of power but no data. I would get the same problem if I used an analogue servo and a servo operated valve. This electronic valve is behaving like an analogue servo. I think the only way around it is to try a different brand of valve.
I would have to agree with the final conclusion. Having followed this saga across more than one board with no solution in sight from anyone. Time to move on or just accept the fact that the gear will cycle once and then be on your way.

If the valve has to stay my solution is to put the plane on a stand everytime you turn on the TX.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Harry,

Is one of our valves? Ours have a power-up delay of 3 seconds, in theory should be in aft for the RX to boot and supply a stable signal, but I can increment a bit more this time if necessary on next batch.

Gaspar
Old 05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
HarryC

Hi Gaspar, it's not one of yours. I have your valve in a different model also with a cb200 and it is fine.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:59 PM
vertical grimmace

My DS14 showed up today. Very impressive! I have a question though. The thing is beeping when I have the RX turned on. Over and over. Everything is fully charged, but I just cannot find what the beep is for? Also, it said something about an unregistered RX. Do you have to register your RX's , and if so, where is this done? Certainly a lot to learn with this radio. I tried to buy some upgrades as well, and it would not take paypal. Now my account is not showing a registered radio, but when I input all of the SS numbers it says that radio is already registered. Maybe some goofy stuff going on with the website?
Old 05-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Connect a 2s lipo on the RX no servo......is the beeping stop?
Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 PM
wfield0455

My DS14 showed up today. Very impressive! I have a question though. The thing is beeping when I have the RX turned on. Over and over. Everything is fully charged, but I just cannot find what the beep is for? Also, it said something about an unregistered RX. Do you have to register your RX's , and if so, where is this done? Certainly a lot to learn with this radio. I tried to buy some upgrades as well, and it would not take paypal. Now my account is not showing a registered radio, but when I input all of the SS numbers it says that radio is already registered. Maybe some goofy stuff going on with the website?
Did you bind the receiver to the transmitter but installing a bind plug on the receivers EXT port, powering the receiver and then the transmitter? Once bound it will beep, indicating you should remove the bind plug and power off the receiver, in that order. If it's a chirping that sounds like crickets and it occurs after you have powered the receiver off, that is the lost signal sound. It shouldn't make that sounds until you've established a connection to a receiver and then turned the receiver off..

Wayne
Old 05-23-2015, 04:34 PM
vertical grimmace

So the bind plug must be removed after it is bound and left out? The manual never said to take it out and leave it out.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:13 PM
2FAS
My Feedback: (5)

Vertical, I didn't have any issues with registering my DS14. Also I was pleasantly surprised to get the $50 euro credit when you first buy the additional features. That really helped with all the upgrade cost. So don't overlook that bonus. I'm still VERY new at using my Jeti. I did notice the sticks are far more sensitive than my previous radio.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:35 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by 2FAS
Vertical, I didn't have any issues with registering my DS14. Also I was pleasantly surprised to get the $50 euro credit when you first buy the additional features. That really helped with all the upgrade cost. So don't overlook that bonus. I'm still VERY new at using my Jeti. I did notice the sticks are far more sensitive than my previous radio.
How does this bonus manifest itself? Maybe I did not purchase enough to get beyond the 50 euro? I went back and purchased another item, and it showed all of my previous purchases as complete. Now I am waiting to get the file emailed to me, so I can upgrade my TX. It does not seem to happen immediately? Like the weekend is in the way or something? Also, I seemed to have screwed up and deleted the factory settings when I had it connected to my PC. I wonder if I can recover this, and restore it to default as it arrived to me? There seems to be a lot missing.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:23 AM
2FAS

When I went to check out there was an option to use the $50 euro for first time purchase. After you buy the upgrades Jeti has to Manually create new .bin files and email them to you. This only happens during week days. The intital .bin files should be saved on the internal memory unless you deleted those. I'm sure Espirit will chime in here and help you as needed.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:57 AM
vertical grimmace

So, I did get the beep to stop.

I have not added any upgrades yet as they have not been emailed to me yet.

What happened on the deletion of info in the TX, is when I had it plugged in USB mode in my chromebook, it asked to format the device because it could not read it. Well, formatting the device wiped it clean, my TX.
So I do not think this radio is compatible with the Chrome operating system, which is a question I asked days ago. I had planned to buy a new cheap pc any way, but meanwhile, I may just take it in to work to add my upgrades.

I have it rolling again though, and created a model. I plan to test it out in a sport plane.

I did not receive the 6 channel RX with my radio though, which was a little disappointing as it was advertised to come with one. Unless maybe Esprit forgot to throw it in. And I never saw a coupon code anywhere. No biggie. The radio is really sweet!
Old 05-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Jeti USA

How does this bonus manifest itself? Maybe I did not purchase enough to get beyond the 50 euro? I went back and purchased another item, and it showed all of my previous purchases as complete. Now I am waiting to get the file emailed to me, so I can upgrade my TX. It does not seem to happen immediately? Like the weekend is in the way or something? Also, I seemed to have screwed up and deleted the factory settings when I had it connected to my PC. I wonder if I can recover this, and restore it to default as it arrived to me? There seems to be a lot missing.
Unfortunately that is up to Jeti Model, we have nothing to do with the updates.

If you ever delete something, just simple update the radio it will restore all the missing files.
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx

Jeti should get back to you on Monday, they will create update file during they business hours.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 05-26-2015, 09:17 PM
AV8ATOR

Finally!!!! Look what fed ex droped off today. Yea baby!!!

[attach=config]2098891[/attach]

this thing is amazing!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1100.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	2098891  
Old 05-26-2015, 10:02 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats looks awesome... I like the white USB cord... That must be new as well. They are usually black....

You may want to consider switch covers to jazz it up. Look at mine below... These are speky QQ switch covers. Gives a nice soft touch fell to the bare metal switches ..

Enjoy your Jeti system... The best on the current market....

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	2098893  
Old 05-27-2015, 06:25 AM
AV8ATOR

Thanks David,

I like the switch covers you put on yours it really gives it a CL look. I Will give them a try

Carlos
Old 05-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Jeti USA

Look what just showed up, from now on Every DS-14/DS-16 radio will be shipped with Jeti USA Neck Strap.

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 AM
vertical grimmace

I guess I should have waited!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:18 AM
wfield0455

I guess I should have waited!
But the neck strap that you purchased is padded so I'm sure you'll like it much better :^)

Wayne

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.