Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 PM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
Can anyone please inform me how to program my Jeti 16 DS so that when the gear on my jet is down and the flaps are set to landing the speed of the model is indicated by voice say every 5 seconds?
I have created a logical switch and when the gear is down and the flaps are set to land the switch is on,i am lost as to what to do next ?
I am using the Jeti Duplex 2.4 ex speed sensor to give the speed reference,i would also prefer to have this option controlled by an on/of switch?
Is any one using the Jeti M-FLOW TURBINE sensor ,mine is working ok but the set volume does not re-set when the fuel tank is re-filled the reading stays at the value reached at the end of the flight?
Many thanks Ray.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not exactly what you are looking for but it Will give you a start with the MSpeed on landing ( you can also use it on take off for rotation speed), a little tutorial I did using now a male and female voice to know if my speed is increasing or decreasing:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2409820

You can assign a switch in the alarm field to have the option to turn it on or off.

The Mflow needs to be reset in the JetiBox for now. Jeti is supposed to give us an easier way in a future update. If you are not sure how to do it, look at post #1545 of this thread.

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 05-28-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:43 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi all,
Can anyone please inform me how to program my Jeti 16 DS so that when the gear on my jet is down and the flaps are set to landing the speed of the model is indicated by voice say every 5 seconds?
I have created a logical switch and when the gear is down and the flaps are set to land the switch is on,i am lost as to what to do next ?
I am using the Jeti Duplex 2.4 ex speed sensor to give the speed reference,i would also prefer to have this option controlled by an on/of switch?
Is any one using the Jeti M-FLOW TURBINE sensor ,mine is working ok but the set volume does not re-set when the fuel tank is re-filled the reading stays at the value reached at the end of the flight?
Many thanks Ray.
Ray... Is very simple to setup as long as you have MSpeed connected and working properly... I have setup speed announcement associated with my landing flight mode. That is my speed is only called when I'm in landing mode and its silence all other modes... Here is what you do:

1. Under Voice Output menu mid screen you have an option for repeat.
2. Set the repeat based on how often you want the speed to be announced ( mine is 3s)
3. On the same line you need to associate a switch. I have associate my flight mode switch and specifically when the switch is in landing mode.
4. In the same screen toward the bottom you have an option for "sensors and variable". Once you select that then you have a new screen and two columns "Repeat" and "Trigger"
5. Make sure that the sensor for MSpeed which I think is "velocity" is the ONLY sensor selected (checked) in the Repeat colum..
6. that's all

Now when you select "landing mode" the speed is announced based on the repeat timer...

Enjoy....

David
Old 05-29-2015, 03:13 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just getting around to installing an MSPEED in my jet and I had wanted it to behave in a fashion similar to a variometer which gives a variable tone based on speed relative to a target speed.
In reading the instructions, it appears that the MSPEED is capable of going this if configured in it's maintain speed mode. When this mode is enabled, the transmitter is quiet while you are within 5MPH of the target speed. If you go above the target speed, it will beep in a higher frequency and the number of beeps will vary based on speed relative to the set, target speed. For example. if your target speed is set to 40MPH and your airspeed it 50, it will periodically beep twice using the high speed tone. If you slow to 35 MPH, it will periodically beep once using the low speed tone. At least that is how I understand the behavior from reading the instructions.. Once you have established the ideal landing speed for your airplane, this seems like a relatively ideal way to maintain a given speed and it can be enabled by a switch. From the instructions, it sounds as if it uses Morse Code alarms to implement this which means you can also still continue to use the full telemetry display for alarms, etc, even when the speed maintenance mode is configured. At least this is all what I get from the instructions but I haven't tried this yet. Since I'm a couple of weeks away from being able to try this out myself, I was simply wondering if anyone has tried this and if there are any pit falls that I may have failed to pick up on while reading the instructions..

Wayne
Old 05-29-2015, 08:01 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

You should be able to add the throttle to the mix and keep a constant speed automatically... I think
Old 05-29-2015, 08:02 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

double

Last edited by causeitflies; 05-29-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: ddouble
Old 05-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Staying with the subject of speed management, anyone out there flying a Carf Skygate Hawk with their Jeti system? If so, I'd be interested to know what, in general, is the optimum landing speed - recognising that this will vary depending upon the specifics of each aeroplane.

Thanks for any insights

Bob
Old 05-29-2015, 10:20 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What a tool it will be to know what your optimum landing speed is. While having it communicated to you while executing the maneuver. I see so many fliers land too fast, particularly with their warbirds. If taken advantage of, this technology will be of great benefit.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:35 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies
You should be able to add the throttle to the mix and keep a constant speed automatically... I think
Yes you could definitely do that but I think that would be best for maintaining a higher, constant airspeed because of turbine lag, etc. For landings, I think I'd be happy with just having an indication that I'm on a good glide slope and close to the right speed. Lots of possibilities with they system..

Wayne
Old 05-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Blancr

Auto trim

I have flaps on a 3 position switch and I'm wondering if any auto trimming settings will be saved automatically for each switch position or if the half flap settings will be overridden when I trim for full flap.

If the setting will be over ridden, is there a way to make sure that I capture the required trim settings for each switch position?

Thanks
Bob
Old 05-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Puttputt maru

Autotrim will be separate setting and will be remembered if your switch position correspond to different flight mode. So set up flight mode for each of your flap position and it will work.

I also set up my 3D planes using the same method for knife edge now.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Blancr

So Flight Modes are the key - thanks Puttputt

Bob
Old 05-30-2015, 10:54 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Blancr
So Flight Modes are the key - thanks Puttputt

Bob
I've done it on both Sabres Bob, give me a call if you want talking through the setup.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Blancr

Thanks Harry
B
Old 05-31-2015, 12:07 AM
Ray Millington

Hi all,
Many thanks for the advice re speed indication when landing all sorted now ,
David ( La Guy ) thank you for your step by step guide which for a Jeti novice is priceless,
regards Ray.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:44 AM
LA jetguy

You're welcome Ray.... Glad to hear you got it working...

Enjoy your Jeti system...

David
Old 05-31-2015, 11:44 AM
Ray Millington

Hi all,
I hope you may this tip helpful when setting up your Jeti mspeed device,
If you place a length of silicon fuel tube over the end of the pitot tube then fold back the tube on itself and clamp with forceps you will find that by adjusting the clamping pressure you can see a change in the speed reading on the Jeti display,and so you can check your alarm settings and alarms e c t .
regards Ray.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Puttputt maru

An other way is to have compressed air in a can or with a compressor and just blow it in the pitot tube. Works well too.
But your way is probably more handy with what most have around in the workshop.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
vertical grimmace

I am having a really hard time getting the updates I purchaesd to load into my TX. I wonder if someone can help?

I have unzipped the files, and located them in my Jeti TX file on my PC. I do not know what to do now. MY TX is not recognizing them, so it is not downloading. I look under my installed modules, and the upgrades I purchaed have not been added. (expanded channel, voice, and logical switches). I wish there was a flow chart somewher that explains this. I have followed the video, but that is not specific to upgrades. Just downloading the new firmware.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Jeti USA

[h=1]Jeti Programming: How To Update Your Transmitter[/h]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSCZT7Don4
Old 06-01-2015, 05:15 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I am having a really hard time getting the updates I purchaesd to load into my TX. I wonder if someone can help?

I have unzipped the files, and located them in my Jeti TX file on my PC. I do not know what to do now. MY TX is not recognizing them, so it is not downloading. I look under my installed modules, and the upgrades I purchaed have not been added. (expanded channel, voice, and logical switches). I wish there was a flow chart somewher that explains this. I have followed the video, but that is not specific to upgrades. Just downloading the new firmware.
Copy the "Activation bin" file(s) into the "update" folder in your transmitter...

Hope that help...

Last edited by LA jetguy; 06-01-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:39 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I finally got a chance to take a look at my new DS16 today. All RX's, central boxes and TX is now updated with the new software. I had a little trouble because they changed the imputs on the R4's and also had to find out that one must power up the central boxes and then TURN THEM ON. lol. After that all is well. I will be putting an R7 in a foamie this weekend to see how she feels. I'm looking forward to this system.

Andy
Old 06-01-2015, 07:22 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy, its about time brother welcome to the family finally..
Old 06-01-2015, 07:23 PM
vertical grimmace

Thanks LAjetguy. I did just what you say but nothing appened. The video is of no help as I had no problem updating the firmware. But the files that were emailed to me, to add channels and such are not working. Maybe I should have just got a DS 16?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:24 PM
LA jetguy

Vertical g.... Make sure your trasmitter is off... Then connect to computer... When asked to turn On transmitter press "NO"... Then you will be asked connect USB then press "YES".

At that point copy the "Activation bin" file to the "update" folder of the SD card in your transmitter... At that time (on your transmitter screen) it will ask you to reboot to process the upgrade.. If it doesn't turn off the transmitter and then turn it back on....

That should do it... If not email Jeti and re verify your transmitter serial number. DS14 is an Excellent transmitter.. I have one and it's great...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.