Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 07-04-2015, 11:18 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I have found the A123's to remain very flat. Never had a problem with them. Maybe the RX did not like the vibration of the engine. I had close to 100 flights on that plane. I just swapped the RX and trimmed it out. Flew it, and the radio failed. That is all I know. I would still have it if my old radio was in there. Disappointing. I am really not planning to purchase the upgrade to check the history. I probably could not get it to download into my TX anyway, just like the other upgrades I purchased.
================================================== ================================================
Vertical,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would discharge check your battery before recharge and see what capacity is left. A voltage check won't tell you much. I know of 2 more guys flying Jeti in the Denver area and no problems that I know of. A gradual slow down of control response sounds like power problem. I am switching all my planes to A123 and have been using them for up to a year on some models.

I have data logging on my Weatronic and Taranis and would not be without it. I had one voice warning taxing out for first flight of the day that Rx/Servo voltage was low and found a bad A123 cell that was over a year old. Probably saved my plane. Recently I was doing some testing using a variable power supply to power the servos and was surprised I didn't notice any speed reduction when voltage was as low as 3.5volts. This was on the bench with no air loads.

Last edited by sidgates; 07-04-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:32 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Walo
Were all your devices (Servo, Gear...) approved for HV (High Voltage)? I know that some servos do not like A123, even if they are rated for 6,0 Volts.

Regards, Walter
This airplane flew with no problems the last 1.5 years with the only change being the Jeti RX for this flight. So yes, all of the installed equipment was compatible and working perfectly. Maybe that Jeti 6R light RX was not acceptable for my application? I think it was more TX than anything else.

The A123 I use are from Valley View RC. I have them in around 8 airplanes now, and have had zero problems with them so far.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:35 AM
vertical grimmace

Sid, I will cycle the battery. I am not here to bash the Jeti, just trying to find a solution. I really do like the radio. But I have to say, the feel of the entire flight was really "loose". I could not get the plane to stay trimmed. Which is not a problem with this plane either. The control felt "pixilated" if that makes any sense. Very course, like a low resolution. Something was not right. Maybe the RX was not bound properly?
Old 07-04-2015, 12:26 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sid, I will cycle the battery. I am not here to bash the Jeti, just trying to find a solution. I really do like the radio. But I have to say, the feel of the entire flight was really "loose". I could not get the plane to stay trimmed. Which is not a problem with this plane either. The control felt "pixilated" if that makes any sense. Very course, like a low resolution. Something was not right. Maybe the RX was not bound properly?
================================================== =========================
What you describe doesn't sound like battery. It sounds more like RF link but I haven't seen that on 2.4GIG personally.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:24 PM
HarryC

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Rx is either bound or not, there is no in between.
Were all controls pixellated? Are you sure it wasn't just one control? Really really sure?!
I once had a flat Rx battery and landed due to control problems (different radio brand) just as it died altogether, it did feel pixellated on all controls as the current draw pulled the voltage below rx cut off so control was lost and the voltage recovered so rx switched on again and the current draw pulled the voltage below cut off and it went round and round that cycle. It could not go to its failsafe settings because that needs battery power so it lost control but didn't throttle to idle etc.

Last edited by HarryC; 07-04-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to hear that, but you DO NOT have to speculate, all the tools you will ever NEED you have right in your hands.
Transmitter has full telemetry, it will tell you Rx Voltage, Signal Strength & Signal Quality. It will log all the data, simply you have to learn how to utilized this great tool you have at your disposal.

1) Battery Voltage Alarm
2) Telemetry Low Voltage RX
3) Data logging

The R6L is fine, there is nothing like improperly bound. You can display A1 , A2 & Q antennas right on the display.
You have to understand something, never before we had all the options. No more guessing, simply you know what went wrong.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-04-2015, 01:37 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This airplane flew with no problems the last 1.5 years with the only change being the Jeti RX for this flight. So yes, all of the installed equipment was compatible and working perfectly. Maybe that Jeti 6R light RX was not acceptable for my application? I think it was more TX than anything else.

The A123 I use are from Valley View RC. I have them in around 8 airplanes now, and have had zero problems with them so far.
What servos were being used in the airplane? If they were analog servos, did you leave the frame rate set (set in the receive via device explorer) at the default 17ms or change it to Auto? If the airplane was using analog servos the frame rate needs to be left at 17ms, for digital servos, either 17ms or auto would be fine. JUSt one more thing to check...
Old 07-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by mr_matt
That is the one I have been waiting on.
The DC-24 is expected late 3rd quarter 2015, the DS-24 early 2016.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-04-2015, 01:44 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
I am sorry to hear that, but you DO NOT have to speculate, all the tools you will ever NEED you have right in your hands.
Transmitter has full telemetry, it will tell you Rx Voltage, Signal Strength & Signal Quality. It will log all the data, simply you have to learn how to utilized this great tool you have at your disposal.

1) Battery Voltage Alarm
2) Telemetry Low Voltage RX
3) Data logging

The R6L is fine, there is nothing like improperly bound. You can display A1 , A2 & Q antennas right on the display.
You have to understand something, never before we had all the options. No more guessing, simply you know what went wrong.

Zb/Jeti USA

He tried to do that per the instructions but couldn't find the log file or how to access it per his post. If it's possible on his 14, I'm sure he'd appreciate some help accessing it and reading it

Under load, today, my battery is reading 6.7 volts and holding it. The battery was fine I believe. Although, that is how it acted. As if it was losing power. I do not seem to have data logging as an option on my TX. Under applications the only 2 options are Jeti box and games. Is that another upgrade to purchase for the DS 14? Knowing the voltage at the time of the event would be nice.

Last edited by jonkoppisch; 07-04-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:31 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch

He tried to do that per the instructions but couldn't find the log file or how to access it per his post. If it's possible on his 14, I'm sure he'd appreciate some help accessing it and reading it
Help is only phone call away, 9am - 5pm EST 321 729 4287 ask for James, Zb, Manny... We all fly only Jeti.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:54 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by ZB
Help is only phone call away, 9am - 5pm EST 321 729 4287 ask for James, Zb, Manny... We all fly only Jeti.
Zb,

I've heard that the DS14 doesn't include the Data Analyzer App and that it must be added on. Can you confirm that is true? Also, even if it doesn't include the App to view the log directly on the DS14, does the DS14 still record the log file so it can be viewed using something such as DataExplorer, etc, running on a PC or Mac ?

Thanks

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-05-2015 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:09 PM
gjfjdghj

I got one of the first DS of the line. Really impressive, very simple to program. The accelerometer is super good. Just tilt the Tx to the side and it reads the timer/speed/or any of your choice loud and clear. Tilt it towards you and you have perfect controll of the wheel breaks

Last edited by gjfjdghj; 07-04-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:19 AM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch

In the Ds 16 the screen shows 4 items, on the Ds 14 it only shows 2. Data logging can be added as an upgrade on the DS 14
Old 07-05-2015, 11:25 AM
vertical grimmace

As far as I remember, the ailerons were the function that seemed to be acting up.

On another note though, I did cyle my battery and and it only took 200 mah out on the discharge and then only charged up to 300 mah. Which seems odd. Maybe I did not do the cycle properly, or the battery is bad. On the next subsequent cycle, it took it up to 900mah. As I wanted to try it again. I had it plugged in to balance. I am trying another known good battery to see how it does. 200 mah is getting low for sure on a battery of 2300 mah capacity. At this time, I will admit that I think it very well could have been my battery. Even though the volts were still up, the amps were very low.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:07 AM
wfield0455

In the Ds 16 the screen shows 4 items, on the Ds 14 it only shows 2. Data logging can be added as an upgrade on the DS 14
The real question is does the DS14 still record a log file but you need to order the upgrade to view it on the transmitter or does it not record the log file at all. From the main menu, do you see a square in the box next to where the flight mode gets displayed and is there a Start button? If there is a Start button and the square turns into a flashing dot when it's pressed, it's recording a log file. If it does record the log file you should be able to connect the DS14 to a PC and find the log file in the Log directory and then view it with Data Explorer on the PC which can be downloaded for free..
Old 07-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Jeti USA

Couple shots of Jeti DS-16/24 from meeting in Germany.

Zb/Jeti USA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DS-16-24 Colors.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	2108140   Click image for larger version

Name:	DS-16-24 Colors 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	2108141  
Old 07-08-2015, 06:28 PM
mort78

I Would have liked to see another switch or 2 on the newer DS24.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by mort78
I Would have liked to see another switch or 2 on the newer DS24.
Agree completely. Switches plus 2 more rotary knobs would be ideal.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Jeti USA

New Jeti Replacement Spring-Loaded UP & DOWN 3-Position Switches are Here.
You can assign your retract and use spring loaded Down or UP for wheel break.

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.as...+spring+loaded

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 07-14-2015, 02:15 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Having a little trouble setting up the M-bar pressure sensor to my satisfaction.

I have it set to trigger an alarm below 370 kpa. If I boot up the Tx and turn on the plane with less than 370kpa in the tank, I get an alarm warning me of low air pressure (this is good so far). If I then fill the tank above the alarm threshold, cycle the gear a few times so it drops below, the alarm does not trigger. I can't figure out why, it's like it needs to be reset?

If I have sufficient air pressure in the tank when the plane is turned on, there is no alarm ( expected), then if I cycle the gear below the 370kpa, the alarm will trigger. If I top up the air and cycle gear again dropping below the 370kpa, the alarm will NOT trigger.

I'm assuming I have to assign a reset switch and that it will not reset itself? So once an alarm has been triggered, it must be reset manually?

Thanks

Mike
Old 07-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Having a little trouble setting up the M-bar pressure sensor to my satisfaction.

I have it set to trigger an alarm below 370 kpa. If I boot up the Tx and turn on the plane with less than 370kpa in the tank, I get an alarm warning me of low air pressure (this is good so far). If I then fill the tank above the alarm threshold, cycle the gear a few times so it drops below, the alarm does not trigger. I can't figure out why, it's like it needs to be reset?

If I have sufficient air pressure in the tank when the plane is turned on, there is no alarm ( expected), then if I cycle the gear below the 370kpa, the alarm will trigger. If I top up the air and cycle gear again dropping below the 370kpa, the alarm will NOT trigger.

I'm assuming I have to assign a reset switch and that it will not reset itself? So once an alarm has been triggered, it must be reset manually?

Thanks

Mike

Go to alarm page and check if you set up Alarm repeat correctly. It can be set for Single, 3x Alarm, or Continues is I remember correctly.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 PM
luv2flyrc

Go to alarm page and check if you set up Alarm repeat correctly. It can be set for Single, 3x Alarm, or Continues is I remember correctly.

Zb/Jeti USA
I have it set for 3x. I assumed that is the number of times in a row it repeats the warning?

I don't have an Activation Switch selected, I assumed that would leave it "always" active. Is that the issue?

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 07-14-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Mi-25

New Jeti Replacement Spring-Loaded UP & DOWN 3-Position Switches are Here.
You can assign your retract and use spring loaded Down or UP for wheel break.

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.as...+spring+loaded

Zb/Jeti USA

Hi ZB,
are these new switches spring loaded both ways from centre...I.e. After moving it against the spring in either UP or DOWN direction it always returns to the centre position?
Is this the type I describe above;

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tran...sition-ds.aspx

Also, looking at the website it's a little difficult to know which sw to order (what's the difference between DC and DS?)
tks,
Old 07-14-2015, 10:26 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
I have it set for 3x. I assumed that is the number of times in a row it repeats the warning?

I don't have an Activation Switch selected, I assumed that would leave it "always" active. Is that the issue?
Mike.. I have an Mbar, but I have not tested repeatable alarm issue. I "guess" that there is a logic in the programming that once an alarm has been triggered (once or 3X) and user has been notified it will not alarm again to avoid "annoyance"... Until a power cycle..

I have mine set with the retract switch as the activating switch for the alarm.. So the alarm is only active in the retract position. That's the only position I care for the amount of on board air pressure...

Enjoy..

David
Old 07-15-2015, 02:51 AM
luv2flyrc

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Mike.. I have an Mbar, but I have not tested repeatable alarm issue. I "guess" that there is a logic in the programming that once an alarm has been triggered (once or 3X) and user has been notified it will not alarm again to avoid "annoyance"... Until a power cycle..

I have mine set with the retract switch as the activating switch for the alarm.. So the alarm is only active in the retract position. That's the only position I care for the amount of on board air pressure...

Enjoy..

David
Thanks David

Yes, it seems that the only way to reset the alarm is a power cycle of the Tx unless I'm missing something. The set up appears to be quite simple though.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.