Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 07-15-2015, 03:38 AM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Hi ZB,
are these new switches spring loaded both ways from centre...I.e. After moving it against the spring in either UP or DOWN direction it always returns to the centre position?
Is this the type I describe above;

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tran...sition-ds.aspx

Also, looking at the website it's a little difficult to know which sw to order (what's the difference between DC and DS?)
tks,
On this page you can see all the options. It might help you, but I have to agree that it is a little confusing.
http://www.espritmodel.com/search.as...+spring+loaded

The DS and DC are not the same because the DS being more compact the switches had to be made differently.

(Just in case: DC is the tray type and DS is the usually hand held one)
Old 07-15-2015, 06:23 AM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
On this page you can see all the options. It might help you, but I have to agree that it is a little confusing.

The DS and DC are not the same because the DS being more compact the switches had to be made differently.

Which direction of the 3 position uni-spring switch is considered UP or DOWN, from what physical reference point. I think this lies the confusion.
Adding to that confusion is compounded by where the switch is going to be placed, example SA and SB switches are secured in opposite directions internally on the DS-16, leading to different UP/DOWN meanings again.

Otherwise, this kind of switch is really useful.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:30 AM
Puttputt maru

I have to agree with you on that.

I have the [TABLE="class: email-invoice, width: 643"]
[TR="class: email-invoice-row"]
[TD]JETIJMS-DC-TSLM[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: email-invoice, width: 643"]
[TR="class: email-invoice-row"]
[TD][h=5]Jeti Transmitter Replacement Long Switch Spring-Loaded 3-Position DC[/h][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

If this helps you to choose. It is centered and the spring load is up or down. So if I push it up it triggers an action and springs back by itself to the center when I let go. The same happens when I push it down.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:43 AM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is sprung both ways, that's fine to mount pretty much any switch position IMO. I have that same switch on SA and it's functioning as my telemetry page toggle fwd/back switch.

If the bias on the UP/DOWN switch is clear, I consider to get one for gears up/gear down/brake (spring). Saves practically one switch for other purposes, for me. I have a standardised (across models) gear switch position so that bias matters.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:10 AM
2FAS
My Feedback: (5)

Zb, any chance you can get the discounted jeti TA module so I can buddy box my hitec Aurora with my jeti DS14? I have been searching the web but they seem difficult to find.

Thanks,

2FAS
Old 07-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru

Thanks Putt Putt for your reply. Yes it's pretty confusing, especially when I order a switch and ship it to Hong Kong....and it's the WRONG type....I need to go through the hassle or sending it back etc, etc,....a pain!

ZB,
is there any chance that that Esprit webpage can be enhanced (using plain English) so the customers can order exactly what they need?
thanks,

Leon
Old 07-17-2015, 07:18 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by 2FAS
Zb, any chance you can get the discounted jeti TA module so I can buddy box my hitec Aurora with my jeti DS14? I have been searching the web but they seem difficult to find.

Thanks,

2FAS
Hey we just got another revolutionary update from Jeti. You can use R3/RSW as RF Module for ANY other radios system.

Email me for the software at [email protected]
Next week we will add it to standard Jeti Firmware Update page.

Zb/Jeti USA

Described firmware for the Duplex R3/RSW (R3L) receivers allows you to
use the receiver as a full-featured and standalone Tx module.
The firmware is compatible with the “EN 300 328 v1.8.1“
standard.

With this update you will be able to simply use a wireless
Teacher/Student function (“buddy box”) together with any
third-party transmitters. You only need to supply the R3L with
power and PPM signal through the trainer port of the student’s
transmitter. After that, you should switch the DC/DS transmitter
to the “Teacher” mode and bind in a usual way.
The behavior of the R3L receiver in the transmit mode is completely identical to the Duplex Tx modules.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ReleaseNotes_Rx_Tx_3.06_EN.pdf (216.2 KB, 52 views)
Old 07-17-2015, 12:21 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Hey we just got another revolutionary update from Jeti. You can use R3/RSW as RF Module for ANY other radios system.

Zb/Jeti USA

standard.

The behavior of the R3L receiver in the transmit mode is completely identical to the Duplex Tx modules.
Zb,

This is actually VERY cool. I have been trying to help some guys with FPV goggles get their head tracking to work with the Jeti and I THINK this should be just the ticket. It would seem that if they connected the FPV head tracker goggles PPM output signal to the PPM input that the R3 now has with this new firmware, that they should be able to connect to their DS16 now via the trainer function and with the correct setup, their head tracker should work.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 PM
2FAS

Zb thanks for the info. This sounds like it will work for my need. I will email you for the firmware and some specific questions.

thanks,

2FAS
Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Mi-25

Zb/Jeti USA

standard.

Hi ZB,
Do you know if this capability will be made available through firmware update sometime in the future for all EX receivers?
tks,
Leon
Old 07-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Binding RSAT2s with PowerBox Royal SRS

Can someone get me off first base please? PB is set to Jeti EX - have set mode to double path but when I come to 'pair primary' I just get the tick alternating with the hour glass and nothing happens. Even more basic than that - which is the signal pin in the PB jeti connector? I assume it's the one at the top?

Thanks for any help
Bob

Update

I have now managed to bind both receivers but when connected to the PB, the primary functions ok but the secondary wont 'pair' (tick and hour glass again).

Any thoughts gratefully received

Thanks
B

Last edited by Blancr; 07-18-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Jeti USA

Hi ZB,
Do you know if this capability will be made available through firmware update sometime in the future for all EX receivers?
tks,
Leon
Do not know yet, the R3/RSW is very small and versatile device.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Blancr
Binding RSAT2s with PowerBox Royal SRS

Can someone get me off first base please? PB is set to Jeti EX - have set mode to double path but when I come to 'pair primary' I just get the tick alternating with the hour glass and nothing happens. Even more basic than that - which is the signal pin in the PB jeti connector? I assume it's the one at the top?

Thanks for any help
Bob

Update

I have now managed to bind both receivers but when connected to the PB, the primary functions ok but the secondary wont 'pair' (tick and hour glass again).

Any thoughts gratefully received

Thanks
B
Check the video:

Radio System: Dual Path Setup & Wireless Switch (Receiver Redundancy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHF2UXXqhg
Old 07-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Blancr

Check the video:

Radio System: Dual Path Setup & Wireless Switch (Receiver Redundancy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHF2UXXqhg
Thanks Jeti USA - I can now see both bats and antenna and I have 2 rsat2s in EX mode. Just a point of clarification: - having followed the video, I can't see the PB on the jeti screen. Is this because it's 'not Jeti'? Otherwise everything seems to be working ok.

Thanks again for the help
Bob
Old 07-19-2015, 07:54 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Jeti USA - I can now see both bats and antenna and I have 2 rsat2s in EX mode. Just a point of clarification: - having followed the video, I can't see the PB on the jeti screen. Is this because it's 'not Jeti'? Otherwise everything seems to be working ok.

Thanks again for the help
Bob
Bob,

only native Jeti devices will show up in device explorer, no PB products. Everything should be fine if you see both RX in device explorer and both receiver "dots" on the PB display. You can easily test your system by disconnecting one receiver, everything should still work normal.

If you connect the PB telemetry output to the EXT input of one of your receivers, you can even get full telemetry like indepent battery & antenna fades/holds info. But in this case you would have to connect the receivers to the PB box via the SAT port to free up the EXT port (that requires to set the Jeti serial output to UDI and the PB box to accept UDI in)

Thomas

Last edited by bluelevel; 07-19-2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Blancr

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Bob,

only native Jeti devices will show up in device explorer, no PB products. Everything should be fine if you see both RX in device explorer and both receiver "dots" on the PB display. You can easily test your system by disconnecting one receiver, everything should still work normal.

If you connect the PB telemetry output to the EXT input of one of your receivers, you can even get full telemetry like indepent battery & antenna fades/holds info. But in this case you would have to connect the receivers to the PB box via the SAT port to free up the EXT port (that requires to set the Jeti serial output to UDI and the PB box to accept UDI in)

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info. I definitely need Jeti telemetry so will set up with UDI as advised

Thanks Thomas

Bob
Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 AM
bluelevel

Bob,

you will ALWAYS have general telemetry functions, but since the batteries and receivers are connected to the Powerbox, you cannot record the individual battery conditions and info on RX reception without changing the settings as descibed. Also if you are going to add more sensors to the system (like speed, pressure or GPS sensors), you will have to change the settings anyway, because you need the EXT port(s) to connect the sensor(s).

Thomas
Old 07-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Jeti USA

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info. I definitely need Jeti telemetry so will set up with UDI as advised

Thanks Thomas

Bob
You need Central Box 400

Check the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuviN9GI-kk

Duplex Telemetry
Temperature - Temperature of the Central Box
Shorted Outputs No. - Number of Overloaded Outputs
Voltage In - Voltage of Individual Outputs of the Central Box
Current - Current Drawn from the Battery
Capacity - Capacity Taken from the Batteries
BEC Voltage - BEC Power Output Voltages (BEC1, BEC2)
Output Voltage - Voltage Supplied to the Servos

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-cent...ceivers-3.aspx

Old 07-19-2015, 05:33 PM
bluelevel

You need Central Box 400
I don't want to start a brand war here and I have to admit that the Central Box 400 is a nice piece of equipment, but it is almost double the price of a Powerbox Competition SRS and does not offer a whole lot more features.

Thomas
Old 07-20-2015, 12:04 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a CB400 for my English Electric Lightning and am deeply disappointed in the CB400. I have had to add on ACT programmable Y leads in order to use it, which is just ridiculous. The CB400 outputs are not properly programmable which means they are pretty much useless in a complex model. They are no more use than a reversing Y lead. When you have 16 channels and 24 outputs, it means you have to split some channels for example flaps or tailplanes or gear/door from one channel to two or more servos. You may have several servos ganged together on one surface. You must have programming for centre point and end points as a bare minimum in order to make the servo travels match, and preferably a large number of points in between. The CB400 does not have that. It does have re-centering of the entire servo frame, and Limits, but those are not centre point and end points and can't do the job.

I am very tempted to sell my CB400 and buy one of the Powerboxes that has programmable outputs and a sequencer and a gyro. Sorry Jeti, but you have got the specification of the CB400 really wrong. I will not buy another CB400.

Last edited by HarryC; 07-20-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:17 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by bluelevel
I don't want to start a brand war here and I have to admit that the Central Box 400 is a nice piece of equipment, but it is almost double the price of a Powerbox Competition SRS and does not offer a whole lot more features.

Thomas
Sorry Gents, but I have to agree with Thomas. I'd love to have one, but CB400 is way too expensive!!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:17 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by HarryC
I have a CB400 for my English Electric Lightning and am deeply disappointed in the CB400. I have had to add on ACT programmable Y leads in order to use it, which is just ridiculous. The CB400 outputs are not properly programmable which means they are pretty much useless in a complex model. They are no more use than a reversing Y lead. When you have 16 channels and 24 outputs, it means you have to split some channels for example flaps or tailplanes or gear/door from one channel to two or more servos. You may have several servos ganged together on one surface. You must have programming for centre point and end points as a bare minimum in order to make the servo travels match, and preferably a large number of points in between. The CB400 does not have that. It does have re-centering of the entire servo frame, and Limits, but those are not centre point and end points and can't do the job.

I am very tempted to sell my CB400 and buy one of the Powerboxes that has programmable outputs and a sequencer and a gyro. Sorry Jeti, but you have got the specification of the CB400 really wrong. I will not buy another CB400.
Harry I really do not understand you, always negative and grumpy. Like I told you before update is already in process. Jeti is light years ahead of everybody and actively supports all it's customers. Good luck with Speky or other manufacturers.

Late this or early next week Jeti will release new update for DC/DS-16 Tx/Rx. Update will add extra 8 channels to the 16 channel radio architecture. Those extra 8 channels will have adjustable mid/end points plus some extras, all full 4096 resolution. To make changes you do not even have to use Device Explorer, all will be set from Servo/Function Assignment page.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-20-2015, 07:18 AM
Jeti USA

Sorry Gents, but I have to agree with Thomas. I'd love to have one, but CB400 is way too expensive!!
And suddenly with new update NO any longer, you see everything is very relative.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-20-2015, 07:21 AM
2FAS

Zb will the DS-14 get those 8 extra channels also?

thanks
Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Harry I really do not understand you, always negative and grumpy. Like I told you before update is already in process. Jeti is light years ahead of everybody and actively supports all it's customers. Good luck with Speky or other manufacturers.

Zb/Jeti USA
Having paid a lot for a box that does not do what is needed, and letting others who may be considering buying it know about its shortfalls is not negative or grumpy, it is justifiable disappointment and fair to inform others. I have to add on a different brand's programmable Y leads to make the CB400 do its job and you say I am complaining? w-t-f, thanks yet again for reminding me why you alone so nearly put me off buying Jeti in the first place even though I will fortunately never have to deal with you.
Having put on sale a box which is not adequate, Jeti has not told its customers "don't worry, a major improvement will be released within a couple of weeks even though we have had 2 years already to get it right and haven't". Why would they put on sale something that is not adequate, disappoint customers yet already have a big upgrade ready and not tell anyone? Doesn't make sense. Is this like your promise some years ago of the upgrade of the 16 to 32 channels?

Last edited by HarryC; 07-20-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.