Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:29 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hello Bob,
Thank you for your response,
I had already posted my latest post when i received your post,
I need to view my logged data as i think i may have had some issues when flying my Xcaliber?
regards Ray.
As Bob_B already stated you can use the Data Analyzer in the Applications menu to view the logs that the transmitter has recorded.
Also, to more directly address your question about how long log files are kept, no, older log files aren't overwritten, I still have log files on my transmitter
from 2013 when I first purchased it. Another alternative to using the Data Analyzer application on the transmitter is Data Explorer which runs on a PC or a MAC. Data Explorer can be downloaded for free from http://www.nongnu.org/dataexplorer/
Old 10-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeti USA (Trying to keep my cool over here)

None of those quads has a gimble with camera on it (required for HT units). They are static straight forward facing camera's. The radio works with basic quad operation. So does every other radio on the planet. I said It does not work with Head Trackers. It's a pretty big difference. You may not find it important but it is to the customers trying to use this radio for more than just jets. Maybe that was my mistake assuming at this price that it would do everything that other brands can do.

I simply asked you (and Espirit) how to make the head tracker work. You just keep ignoring the issue and offering no solution. Espirit did their best to get it working but couldn't. I paid $1400 bucks for this radio not including shipping. I expected it to be able to do the most basic task and didn't research HT compatibility because there wasn't any way I would believe a radio costing this much couldn't do it.

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Because it is offensive how some guys talk to us. There are many, many guys who tried to explain, help, offer all kinds of support (we offer to program they models, spend countless hours on the phone) and this is what we get in return.

Remember we are not "faceless corporation" they are real people you are talking about.

We have the best Radio Support out there, we have Manuals, Videos, .....
Show me one company you can call 7 days a week and get a real person who actually uses/flies radio?

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-video.aspx

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-23-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I know you had issues getting head tracking to work but the only reason there was an issue was that Jeti doesn't bring a wired trainer jack to the outside of the case to plug it into. Once you can connect the head tracker to the trainer interface there really isn't any problem.
No I'm sorry that isn't true. I have done exactly what you are saying. It simply doesn't work. On any of the trainer port head trackers. I conferred with the real brains over here as well as Jeti USA (who completely ignored me) and Espirit (who really did try their best but failed). They couldn't make it work either. I tried two different cables just in case as well. If you have gotten it working Wayne then please fill me in on how you did that as I would love to get this issue solved. I also confirmed that the gear works perfectly well on Spektrum, JR and Futaba. The setup was braindead simple with those brands.

I should also be more clear. I've said it before a few times but one more time. The DS-16 is a fantastic radio. I'm not saying it isn't. I just think for the price it should have this basic feature already without having to dump even more into it. Having said that...I think Zeeb/Jeti USA goes out of his way to insult his customers. That bothers me more than anything.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-23-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:31 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, the DS 16 may be a fine system, but you guys at Jeti need to figure out something better with the DS 14 as there are a lot of people having trouble upgrading their systems. I was informed of this during a conversation with Esprit models directly over the phone. I told them if I new of the problem I would have probably just bought a DS 16, and I was informed that many guys had said that.
One of the primary features that sold me on getting the Jeti radio over the Spektrum was the voice modulation. I purchased the upgrade for my radio and spent hours trying to get the update, that I paid for, to upload into my radio. It never would. I tried everything, and followed all of the directions I was given from my phone conversation with Esprit. I ended up giving up. I even mentioned maybe I should send the radio in to Esprit, and was told I could do that, but there was probably not much they could do. I suppose it would need to go back to Chech? I never had so many problems in my 34 years of flying RC with a radio. And I do not have time to turn my radio into a hobby, in and of itself. I need it to reliably control my very expensive models. Something I am not willing to do.
The point of my post? So anyone looking to get one of these radios knows what they are getting themselves into. All the videos in the world are great, if they work. Where is the video explaining specifically the steps to uploading updates into the DS 14 transmitter?
Old 10-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Wayne,
Thank you for your reply re viewing data log,I can see it now,
What are the units used on the bottom line of the display graph?
regards Ray.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I fly a DS 14 i did a complete expansion of all the features. It took me roughly 10 minutes to complete including reading the instructions. I use an HP running windows XP. I have two friends who upgraded thier DS14 just as quickly. Im a MAC guy but found the upgrade easy to do.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:14 PM
stegl

Have had my DS-16 for about 8 months now and have to agree it is a bit of a handful at first to understand just how open the programming is as I was spoiled by the Airtronics SD-10G radio which has the most extensive programing manual and the easiest programing out there; EXCEPT no telemetry.The 200 page could have even been expanded to 250 pages. What I found what really is lacking in the DS-14/16 is the manual. they spend a whole lot of time explaining how to turn it on and charge batteries which is a no brainer but lacked in explaining what a lot of the screen symbols meant plus very lacking on programing.
As I use and do more programing I am getting to understand the thinking ( sort of) behind how things are done.. I also find that the videos produced by Esprite RC are excellent with the screen shots on the videos helping in a big way.. it all just takes time and think that patience helps. Had to replace my Xicoy telemetry adapter on my turbine and couldn't get it working. thought, oh crap, not another defective one. Sent the wife to work so it was quiet and worked thru the menu with the help of one of Esprite's videos and seems to be working fine now. Just have to do a turbine run-up to check the other parameters. Still think it is the best radio out there although I have no interest into Quads so can't comment there.

Esprite keep up with the good work on the videos... too bad a better manual or even a downloadable one was not available.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:24 AM
mick15

Putting stuff that's frequently used or obscure to find into the "user" menu page I find alleviates some of the frustration.

m
Old 10-24-2015, 02:39 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
No I'm sorry that isn't true. I have done exactly what you are saying. It simply doesn't work. On any of the trainer port head trackers. I conferred with the real brains over here as well as Jeti USA (who completely ignored me) and Espirit (who really did try their best but failed). They couldn't make it work either. I tried two different cables just in case as well. If you have gotten it working Wayne then please fill me in on how you did that as I would love to get this issue solved. I also confirmed that the gear works perfectly well on Spektrum, JR and Futaba. The setup was braindead simple with those brands.

I should also be more clear. I've said it before a few times but one more time. The DS-16 is a fantastic radio. I'm not saying it isn't. I just think for the price it should have this basic feature already without having to dump even more into it. Having said that...I think Zeeb/Jeti USA goes out of his way to insult his customers. That bothers me more than anything.
I'm assuming you tried the receiver software that allows an R3 to act as a trainer interface so what didn't work about it? Were you unable to get the R3 to bind to the trainer interface in the DS16 ? Did it bind but you couldn't control the gimbal ? Did you try connecting it to a simple buddy box to try to debug the interface ? While I don't have a head tracking unit to test this against myself, I have helped another Jeti owner setup as a trainer interface using an R3 and have it act as a buddy box. Unless I'm misunderstanding the something, it seems that it should be a very small step from that point to getting a head tracker to work. Still, I've offered to help with this several times and made several suggestions and have received absolutely no feedback other than it doesn't work. Still, this has piqued my interest enough that I think I'll see if I can find the parts to wire up a trainer cord so I can connect a spare R3 to the DX6 that I keep around to fly UMX stuff. Like I said, if that works, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with a head tracker but of course if someone has done this and knows of a reason why the head tracker still won't work I'd love to hear about so I can avoid wasting my time.

Last edited by wfield0455; 10-24-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:47 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by stegl
Have had my DS-16 for about 8 months now and have to agree it is a bit of a handful at first to understand just how open the programming is as I was spoiled by the Airtronics SD-10G radio which has the most extensive programing manual and the easiest programing out there; EXCEPT no telemetry.The 200 page could have even been expanded to 250 pages. What I found what really is lacking in the DS-14/16 is the manual. they spend a whole lot of time explaining how to turn it on and charge batteries which is a no brainer but lacked in explaining what a lot of the screen symbols meant plus very lacking on programing.
As I use and do more programing I am getting to understand the thinking ( sort of) behind how things are done.. I also find that the videos produced by Esprite RC are excellent with the screen shots on the videos helping in a big way.. it all just takes time and think that patience helps. Had to replace my Xicoy telemetry adapter on my turbine and couldn't get it working. thought, oh crap, not another defective one. Sent the wife to work so it was quiet and worked thru the menu with the help of one of Esprite's videos and seems to be working fine now. Just have to do a turbine run-up to check the other parameters. Still think it is the best radio out there although I have no interest into Quads so can't comment there.

Esprite keep up with the good work on the videos... too bad a better manual or even a downloadable one was not available.
Actually, I find the DS16 manual to be quite good as it does a decrent job of explaining what each function does. I think what they really need that would help make life simpler for new users is a "quick start guide" that actually shows how to apply the transmitter functions to setting up an airplane. Still, Jeti USA has provided MANY videos that show how to use the radio..
Old 10-24-2015, 06:10 AM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by Bob_B
I fly a DS 14 i did a complete expansion of all the features. It took me roughly 10 minutes to complete including reading the instructions. I use an HP running windows XP. I have two friends who upgraded thier DS14 just as quickly. Im a MAC guy but found the upgrade easy to do.

Good for you! I wish mine would have. I was able to get the channels to expand up to 14, but none of the other upgrades would stick. I would like nothing more for my radio to work, but it is not, and I was not able to get any help. As far as setting up a plane and the instructions/manual, I thought it was no problem. And I love the way the radio feels. Not sure about the trim buttons, but I suppose you can get used to those. I figure I will get out of this radio before it loses any more value.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:42 AM
PeterCantropus

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Good for you! I wish mine would have. I was able to get the channels to expand up to 14, but none of the other upgrades would stick. I would like nothing more for my radio to work, but it is not, and I was not able to get any help... I figure I will get out of this radio before it loses any more value.
Why you don't send the radio back to JetiUSa to be fixed? If you have paid for upgrades that don't work for whatever reason, just send it to service center, ranting on a forum will not fix your radio.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:50 AM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by PeterCantropus
Why you don't send the radio back to JetiUSa to be fixed? If you have paid for upgrades that don't work for whatever reason, just send it to service center, ranting on a forum will not fix your radio.

My "ranting" may help prevent someone else from having to deal with the same grief. (Poor choice of a word by the way). I was told by Esprit models (Jeti USA?) they could not do anything If I sent it to them. Sorry to bust your cherry on this utopian radio, but it just is not so.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:40 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My "ranting" may help prevent someone else from having to deal with the same grief. (Poor choice of a word by the way). I was told by Esprit models (Jeti USA?) they could not do anything If I sent it to them. Sorry to bust your cherry on this utopian radio, but it just is not so.
How is your ranting going to prevent someone else from having to deal with the same grief? Other's have chimed in and said they successfully upgraded the tx. I don't pretend to know what's wrong with it but, it makes sense that there is some sort of "user" variable here. Just send it back to Esprit and get them to do the upgrades, if they can't do, there's something wrong and they will likely replace it. Then you've got a working radio and can be happy (maybe).

You're coming across as totally unreasonable. Not only that, you're trying to sell the tx on ebay that you say doesn't work. I don't see that stated in the ebay ad....nice!

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 10-24-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:24 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
How is your ranting going to prevent someone else from having to deal with the same grief? Other's have chimed in and said they successfully upgraded the tx. I don't pretend to know what's wrong with it but, it makes sense that there is some sort of "user" variable here. Just send it back to Esprit and get them to do the upgrades, if they can't do, there's something wrong and they will likely replace it. Then you've got a working radio and can be happy (maybe).

You're coming across as totally unreasonable. Not only that, you're trying to sell the tx on ebay that you say doesn't work. I don't see that stated in the ebay ad....nice!
My radio is not on ebay anymore. It did not sell.

Otherwise, thanks for the Life lesson, I could not have figured all that out without you.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:25 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My radio is not on ebay anymore. It did not sell.

Otherwise, thanks for the Life lesson, I could not have figured all that out without you.
Isn't this you? Looks like an active ad to me??? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeti-Duplex-...QAAOSwI-BWHw8n
Old 10-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I'm assuming you tried the receiver software that allows an R3 to act as a trainer interface so what didn't work about it? Were you unable to get the R3 to bind to the trainer interface in the DS16 ? Did it bind but you couldn't control the gimbal ? Did you try connecting it to a simple buddy box to try to debug the interface ? While I don't have a head tracking unit to test this against myself, I have helped another Jeti owner setup as a trainer interface using an R3 and have it act as a buddy box. Unless I'm misunderstanding the something, it seems that it should be a very small step from that point to getting a head tracker to work. Still, I've offered to help with this several times and made several suggestions and have received absolutely no feedback other than it doesn't work. Still, this has piqued my interest enough that I think I'll see if I can find the parts to wire up a trainer cord so I can connect a spare R3 to the DX6 that I keep around to fly UMX stuff. Like I said, if that works, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with a head tracker but of course if someone has done this and knows of a reason why the head tracker still won't work I'd love to hear about so I can avoid wasting my time.
Wayne I wanted to say thank you for the help that you did offer. It's very much appreciated. In fact the users on here have been amazing!

PLEASE NOTE the jack itself worked fine for dedicated PPM OUT once it was installed. I was able to hook the radio up to my sim no problem. It could not be used for PPM IN at all with no option to change it that Espirit could find. Which is required for the HT. In fact it would not detect any PPM IN at all from any source. I had taken the time to install it, drill holes in my radio, just to have it not work and have Jeti USA constantly say I'm full of crap. So now Jeti wants me to drop another $100 bucks on yet another piece of gear and can't even prove it will work in the first place? Seriously?

Remember this issue came out far before the R3 update. The R3 connection probably works but I need proof before I send them another cent. Is that asking too much? I'm sitting here wondering how far I want to take this. $1840 Cad + shipping and customs charges, and additional money to track down a cable that they wouldn't sell me because it's not CSA approved (it wasn't cheap overseas). This is far from a small amount of money. Then having to make my own custom cable for an interface on an R3 to work with a stereo or mono plug is another pain in the rear but is doable.

I love this radio but would never recommend it for anything other than Jets or Heli's. It sure doesn't fill the role for everyone. At this price it dang well should.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-26-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:19 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys, in case of problems with any kind of Jeti device or to post suggestions to the Jeti developers, please go to http://jetiforum.de , this is an expert moderated forum. Although the board members are mostly German speaking, people will understand you well.

Last edited by bluelevel; 10-26-2015 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:22 AM
stegl

I'm sitting here wondering how far I want to take this. $1840 Cad + shipping and customs charges, and additional money to track down a cable that they wouldn't sell me because it's not CSA approved (it wasn't cheap overseas).
I love this radio but would never recommend it for anything other than Jets or Heli's. It sure doesn't fill the role for everyone. At this price it dang well should.
Cabling shouldn't need CSA approval unless high voltage. If low voltage , under 25v ; I think: it doesn't need CSA approval.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Jeti USA

Good for you! I wish mine would have. I was able to get the channels to expand up to 14, but none of the other upgrades would stick. I would like nothing more for my radio to work, but it is not, and I was not able to get any help. As far as setting up a plane and the instructions/manual, I thought it was no problem. And I love the way the radio feels. Not sure about the trim buttons, but I suppose you can get used to those. I figure I will get out of this radio before it loses any more value.
We offered our help Multiple Times. We all, James, Jason, me talked to you and spent tons of time with you. We offered help with update, service... all we got was that we are bunch of morons. Simply neither one of us deserves this kind of treatment.

There is no problem with device, it's a operator problem. Simple software update takes 10 seconds, we even made video how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSCZT7Don4

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 10-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
We offered our help Multiple Times. We all, James, Jason, me talked to you and spent tons of time with you. We offered help with update, service... all we got was that we are bunch of morons. Simply neither one of us deserves this kind of treatment.

There is no problem with device, it's a operator problem. Simple software update takes 10 seconds, we even made video how to do it.

Zb/Jeti USA
Well there you have it Vertical grimmace!

Turns out it's an operator problem and nothing to do with Jeti! It only takes 10 seconds to update so turns out you are just stupid. (Heavy Sarcasm)

Wow...just wow. I feel for you. I'm pretty sure a guy with 6,000+ posts and some great knowledgeable threads probably has the ability to do an update on a radio. Especially with how "easy" it is. Or at least I'm sure he has the ability to follow proper instructions from *James,Jason, and Jeti-USA*.

It's all your fault and you are stupid according to Jeti-USA. If this thread does anything I hope it's to make very clear what you can expect from Jeti if anything goes wrong or doesn't work with the radio. Clear as day to me. A bunch of inflated ego's who think there is no way possible that they released a product that doesn't live up to the hype or money for some of the customer base.

Jeti USA...wow. Can't think of anything else to say. Think I've said enough already. I'm not going to get anything from you Jeti-USA except insults and watching you insult other users. Great job buddy.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-26-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Jeti USA

But no not in this case it's all your fault and you are stupid according to Jeti-USA. If this thread does anything I hope it's to make very clear what you can expect from Jeti if anything goes wrong or doesn't work with the radio. Clear as day to me. A bunch of inflated ego's who think there is no way possible way that they released a product that doesn't live up to the hype or money for some of the customer base.

Jeti USA...wow. Can't think of anything else to say.
Simple software update takes 10 seconds, here is the video how to do it.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Pepperpete

Just not worth it. Like talking to a brick wall.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-26-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:26 AM
PeterCantropus

Sorry, I'm located in Europe, here the service is really good.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
PeterCantropus

[..

Last edited by PeterCantropus; 11-15-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.