Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madmodelman
Mark, I think I am correct in saying that you set the failsafe for your R3 channels on the CB! Not in the R3. Gary.

Hi Gary, I wont be able to set the fail-safes for the R3L in the CB, I think the confusion is in referring to the "output ports" and or instead of "channels" is the problem.

Yes you are correct all fail-safes "should-have" to be set in the CB itself but they are in actual fact for "output ports" the channels there are assigned to is not relevant.

I did know to disable the fail-safes in both the Sat and R3L as I realise the CB needs to know if they lose there RF link. This leaves the R3L RX"s 3 remaining "output ports" fail safes being disabled and unable to be set irrespective of what channel they are mapped to. The CB that the RX is attached to has no influence over the R3"s own PWM ports.

As Goose pointed out it would not be a good idea to run anything substantial out of the R3L"s 3 PWM ports as they would all be drawing there power through the Ext lead. Fortunately I had only intended them for none critical low power draw use such as a light switch etc.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 12-01-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:27 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a question or two on the Jeti airspeed module : I understand that it can be set up for airspeed alerts for either high or low speeds ( ie stall warning) but can this also be indicated as a voice output ? The other thing, can the actual airspeed be easily set for voice readouts in mph or km/h and be switched on or off so as to be used when wanted ?
Any other pertinent information would be great. Thanks for the replies and inputs.
Len
Old 12-02-2015, 12:24 AM
RemoteJets

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Hye Len,

yes it all can.

I have a GPS module in my Pirotti Rebel connected.
When I am to slow I get a voice output 'stall warning', this is only when I have the throttle fully closed (so only when landing or spins I will get this, 1 click above and itr is switched off).

I have several voice outputs under a momentary switch like: batt voltage, turbine egt, height and also actual speed in km/hr.

I have used the Jeti pitot tube in the past on my F15 but that was way off the real speed, maybe the new versions are better but the GPS suits fine at the moment. This will not correct the wind speed but is good enough for me to play with sometimes (have to say I barely use it).

Personally I am very happy with the DS-16, since the start of Jeti I had a module in my MC-19 and never let me down.
Begin this year I took the step for the DS-16 and like I expected I love it!

Best regards,
Berto.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi guys, I got five sets of these: http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dual...ink-2rs-2.aspx when I bought my DS-16. Are they any use anymore , now that we have Central boxes?

I do not need them anyways, but it would be still great to know if someone uses these and in what..
Old 12-02-2015, 01:27 PM
stegl

Thanks but I have gone with PowerBox evolution with my first jet. So far I really like it. Gives me dual power in and dual power out with dual battery battery voltage regulation and servo isolation on 6 channels. Doesn't have all the fancy stuff but does the basics.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:23 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Hi Guys
I've had a replie from Jeti regarding why I cant get my CB100 to update, short story is there is no update to be had "yet" but there working on it and it should be available shortly.
A CBox update is out
Old 12-05-2015, 01:39 AM
cycross

Seems like I am unable to update my CB200 with either the final beta firmware or the latest official one from Jeti s.r.o. The application can't detect the device.

Mine is the US version with magnetic switch. Anyone else facing the same? Not sure they have different firmware between the US/EU distinctions for Central Boxes.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi Cycross

Same here Im afraid, I have tried my CB100, 200 and 400, none are seen by the computer? I
ve emailed Jeti to see what they have to say.

I see in the notes part of this update is to allow them to have 24ch Ext so perhaps the Tx update is not far behind
Old 12-05-2015, 07:12 AM
cycross

Hi Cycross

Same here Im afraid, I have tried my CB100, 200 and 400, none are seen by the computer? I
ve emailed Jeti to see what they have to say.

I see in the notes part of this update is to allow them to have 24ch Ext so perhaps the Tx update is not far behind
Thanks Mark. If Jeti replies you on this, do let us know what they have to say. I will be surprised if the CBs themselves have US/EU differences internally, I always thought they varied only on their satellite rx flavors.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:35 AM
stegl

Think I have read in the past that when using updated peripherals ; then the receivers and transmitters should also be upgraded to the latest so things can work correctly.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:03 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Playing with my Christmas present to myself...

Weeee!

...jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20151205_004.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	743.5 KB
ID:	2134095  
Old 12-05-2015, 01:23 PM
gooseF22

Jim!! welcome to the dark side.. LOL..
Old 12-05-2015, 05:30 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks to Peter at AltecareRC, got the V-Speak ProJet Hornet unit working to send all the ECU stuff to the Tx. And Jetibox emulator allows the Tx to operate as the ground unit with full control. Wirelessly.

Awesome.

...jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20151205_006.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	2134160  
Old 12-05-2015, 05:39 PM
gooseF22

Cool Jim, wish I would have had that in the day..
Old 12-06-2015, 02:35 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Welcome Jim! I have another friend switching to Jeti that runs Behotec motors he mentioned Vspeak.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:58 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cycross
Seems like I am unable to update my CB200 with either the final beta firmware or the latest official one from Jeti s.r.o. The application can't detect the device.

Mine is the US version with magnetic switch. Anyone else facing the same? Not sure they have different firmware between the US/EU distinctions for Central Boxes.
Please don't be offended if you're already aware of this but unlike receivers, etc, you need to connect a battery to the CB200 in order to update it.
I personally haven't tried the latest CB200 update yet but with previous updates people have reported being unable to update CB200s and discovered it was because
they thought the USB dongle would power it and didn't have it connected to a battery. Just offering a possible solution in case you weren't aware of this..

Wayne
Old 12-06-2015, 03:26 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Please don't be offended if you're already aware of this but unlike receivers, etc, you need to connect a battery to the CB200 in order to update it.
I personally haven't tried the latest CB200 update yet but with previous updates people have reported being unable to update CB200s and discovered it was because
they thought the USB dongle would power it and didn't have it connected to a battery. Just offering a possible solution in case you weren't aware of this..

Wayne

Hi Wayne.
It is certainly is worth pointing this out as it could be easily missed if you were unaware.
I am for one am aware "see post 2294" that the CB,s have to be independently powered wile their being updated.
Unfortunately I still cant get them to be seen by the new Jeti update, have you

I'm sure Jeti will come back to me with a fix or let us know were were going wrong after the weekend.

Mark V
Old 12-06-2015, 03:38 AM
Fly Mower

Guys,

I considering the jump to Jeti (DS-16) and after a couple of weeks or reading and youtube I'm pretty well versed on the technical / programming capability. Although I'm struggling to find about about the exact finish on the units.

It appears the 'standard' unit has a an anodized case with a painted Alimumum front and rear panel
The 'carbon Line' unit is painted (Aluminium color) rather than anodized, with a Carbon front plate only.

Can somebody confirm is this correct?? I can't see why one would be anodized and the other painted!

Cheers,

Lee.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:50 AM
wfield0455

Hi Wayne.
It is certainly is worth pointing this out as it could be easily missed if you were unaware.
I am for one am aware "see post 2294" that the CB,s have to be independently powered wile their being updated.
Unfortunately I still cant get them to be seen by the new Jeti update, have you

I'm sure Jeti will come back to me with a fix or let us know were were going wrong after the weekend.

Mark V
No, I haven't performed that upgrade yet as I was waiting until after the official 4.0 transmitter release was available.
Just figured it was worth mentioning in case it was a procedural issue rather than an actual problem with the update code..

Wayne
Old 12-06-2015, 06:00 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Fly Mower
Guys,

I considering the jump to Jeti (DS-16) and after a couple of weeks or reading and youtube I'm pretty well versed on the technical / programming capability. Although I'm struggling to find about about the exact finish on the units.

It appears the 'standard' unit has a an anodized case with a painted Alimumum front and rear panel
The 'carbon Line' unit is painted (Aluminium color) rather than anodized, with a Carbon front plate only.

Can somebody confirm is this correct?? I can't see why one would be anodized and the other painted!

Cheers,

Lee.
Actually, there are a number of variations. Some have a painted, color chassis with a carbon face plate, My DS16 Carbon,
has the regular Anodized Aluminum chassis with a carbon face plate while my original DS16, has the Anodized aluminum chassis and
a regular black aluminum face plate. It looks to me that the aluminum face plate is also anodized rather than painted but I'm not certain about that.
In any case, they all are very professionally done and should stand up quite well.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 AM
cycross

Originally Posted by wfield0455

Wayne
Definitely not offended, what you have shared is appreciated with thanks.
In this particular update scenario, just like Mark, I had the power going to the CB yet the updater is not able to detect the device.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:46 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by cycross
Definitely not offended, what you have shared is appreciated with thanks.
In this particular update scenario, just like Mark, I had the power going to the CB yet the updater is not able to detect the device.
This is interesting, while I haven't personally updated a CB200 to the 24 port code yet, one of the guys over on RC Groups said he performed the
upgrade successfully today. Perhaps Jeti posted a new file to resolve the problem ? He ran into an issue where the updater had an extension of .exx
rather than .exe and he needed to rename it in order to get it to run but once he did it worked. It sounded like you had no problem geting the updater to run
but it couldn't find a CB200 to update? Was your CB200 previously running V1.2 or was it running older CB200 code? Perhaps the updater requires
V1.2 to be installed on the CB200 in order to detect it and update it to the latest 24 port code?

Update:
This morning I dug out a CB200 and tried to install the V1.27 update. At first, about 5 tries, it just sat there and never found the CB200. This
isn't all that uncommon for me as I'm running on a virtual PC so I tried several times. When I was convinced it wasn't going to work I connected to the CB200
using device explorer on my DS16 and performed a "reset to defaults", powered it down and disconnected the 2 R3 receivers I had been using with it.
This time when I powered it up, the update code found the CB200 and successfully installed V1.27 on it..
Not sure whether I really needed to do the reset to defaults or if the receivers being attached were a problem or what, but it did eventually work successfully.

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-07-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Mark Vandervelden

I have had a reply today from Jeti regarding not being able to update my CB100's, see the email that was sent below.
I have since religiously followed these instructions with unfortunately the same results i.e. the CB100 not being seen by the computer.
Both CB100's work fine with the firmware they came with but it would be ideal to be able to update them

After seeing Wfield0455 post above later ill try resetting the CB100's with my Tx and try again, will keep you all posted.

PS im on windows 7, up until now have not had any issues with any of the Jeti downloads.

Dear Mr. Vandervelden,

Please check, if you update Central Box correctly by the following instruction.

1. Connect the Central Box output labelled Ext1 with the USB adapter by means of interconnection cable.

2. Start the firmware update program for the Central Box on your PC.

3. For Central Box 100: Connect the Central Box to the power supply.

For Central Box 200: Connect Accumulator and Switch on the Central Box using the magnetic switch or the RC switch.

Your sincerely, Radim Husnik

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 12-07-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:53 PM
cycross

Thanks to Wayne's advice on upgrading first to V1.20 Central Bus software, I was able to successfully perform the further upgrade of my CB200 to V1.27 today. I did not have to attach the R3 satellites to the CB200 but I did power the device up as I did the upgrade as per the previous times when the device cannot be detected.

Mark, perhaps you can try the same, i.e. try to upgrade to V1.20 first.

One "feature" I wish the Jeti upgrade software had was to be able to inform the user if the firmware is already up to date. Currently all it does is "cannot detect the device..." if you are on the latest firmware. That's not very intuitive for troubleshooting.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just talk to Jeti looks like we are on the track this Friday for official V4.xx firmware release.

Zb/Jeti USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.