Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 12-19-2015, 06:28 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received beta version for R3/RSW and RSat2 Jeti receivers with 24 channels support. If somebody would like to test it please email me at [email protected]

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 01-05-2016, 03:25 PM
dotdigital
My Feedback: (41)

Default Receiver voltage output display question

I ve recently upgraded to the 4.0 firmware on the DS-16. I noticed under the receiver voltage telemetry there are now 2 voltages shown in smaller sized text just below the main voltage- can anyone explain what this is telling me?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2139893  
Old 01-05-2016, 05:08 PM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dotdigital
I ve recently upgraded to the 4.0 firmware on the DS-16. I noticed under the receiver voltage telemetry there are now 2 voltages shown in smaller sized text just below the main voltage- can anyone explain what this is telling me?
I am going to try an educated guess. Are you running two voltages into the receiver? OR the other more likely explanation could be if you have run your servo system that could be the lowest and the highest voltage reading on that receiver power source. the 6.38v could be the voltage at rest. try moving the sticks to make your servos work and see if the larger 6.38 voltage drops a bit. Most program upgrades either have a small readme file that tells you what you have upgraded or some other work file explaining the changes as some sort of attachment file

Last edited by stegl; 01-05-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Fly Mower

Does anyone have any experience of the new multi-mode gimbals on the colored DS-16 units..?

Do they offer any advantages over the older 'standard' gimbals other than the obvious ability to change mode easily?

I was wondering if they have improved the feel on the un-sprung throttle stick etc. ?
Old 01-06-2016, 09:50 AM
stegl

Originally Posted by Fly Mower
Does anyone have any experience of the new multi-mode gimbals on the colored DS-16 units..?

Do they offer any advantages over the older 'standard' gimbals other than the obvious ability to change mode easily?

I was wondering if they have improved the feel on the un-sprung throttle stick etc. ?
Maybe post that question on this link ? might answer the question, lets hope.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=717087
Old 01-06-2016, 04:26 PM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder how good the voice recognition on the DC-24 is and will you be able to speak commands such as "gear down" reliably on a busy flight line with turbine powered jets flying. I have been loving the DC-16 for several years and this feature would be one of the new features that would make me think it would be worth getting the DC-24. Don't really need the color screen and we now have 24 channels although I have not used more than 12 so far. Also not excited about the stick feedback. Is there a jack for a head set including a microphone which would work better in a noisy environment?
Old 01-07-2016, 04:09 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

If it's anything like voice recognition in new cars today, I wouldn't trust it. You'll be saying "gear down" and it will respond "engine shutdown"
Old 01-08-2016, 05:22 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjpmodel
I wonder how good the voice recognition on the DC-24 is and will you be able to speak commands such as "gear down" reliably on a busy flight line with turbine powered jets flying. I have been loving the DC-16 for several years and this feature would be one of the new features that would make me think it would be worth getting the DC-24. Don't really need the color screen and we now have 24 channels although I have not used more than 12 so far. Also not excited about the stick feedback. Is there a jack for a head set including a microphone which would work better in a noisy environment?
You will only have voice commands for the specific controls you assign them to. As such, I would assume that the fewer voice commands that you use, and the more different they sound, the easier it would be for the transmitter to tell the difference between commands. I know people like to use the example of askng for gear down and it responds by turning your motor off but if you don't assign a voice command to your engine kill, that of course can't possibly happen. I would think a command like "gear down" to drop your gear vs "timer" to have it tell you flight time remaining would have a decent chance of working correctly. Still, in a very noisy environment, nothing may happen in response to either so it's always best to have a switch that can perform the function as well. It's probably also sensible to reserve voice commands for non critical functions.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:57 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stegl
I am going to try an educated guess. Are you running two voltages into the receiver? OR the other more likely explanation could be if you have run your servo system that could be the lowest and the highest voltage reading on that receiver power source. the 6.38v could be the voltage at rest. try moving the sticks to make your servos work and see if the larger 6.38 voltage drops a bit. Most program upgrades either have a small readme file that tells you what you have upgraded or some other work file explaining the changes as some sort of attachment file
Looks like a High/Low.. I haven't played with it yet. this is my busy time with work..
Old 01-08-2016, 10:09 AM
stegl

Or worse yet , someone shouts "turn radio off" and your transmitter turns off and your $8000 jet or scale multiengine heads into the ground.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:09 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by dotdigital
This is showing Current Receiver Voltage in large text and Min Receiver Voltage and Max Receiver Voltage since power up in small text below. This is what is displayed, when you select a display type of double in Displayed Telemetry settings but only a single receiver is found. Otherwise, only the current receiver voltage is displayed in large text.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:18 AM
JoeJr1485

So I have read almost every post trying to find the best way to create wav files to put on my Jeti DS-16 and so far the best way that I have found it to download "type and speak" app on your phone. I have an android so not sure if this app is on IPhone but man does this thing work awesome. I type it speaks then save file. It formats into wav format. I have created like 30 files within a few mins. Now just transfer them from my phone to the Jeti. I know others are using two programs to speak then record but give this a try. I think it will make your life my easier creating wav files. it will ask if you want to download the high quality voice, I recommend doing that. It has a tone of different languages and its Free!.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:28 AM
ScaleCrazy

I'm thinking of selling my unused dx18 and getting a Jeti. Was wondering what you guys think. Is the Jeti all that or a high priced taranis? Is it more reliable then other radios? Do you regret switching over? A complete radio system switch over so very expensive. So before I do I want to make sure it's well worth it. Thx for your honest advice.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:56 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by ScaleCrazy
I'm thinking of selling my unused dx18 and getting a Jeti. Was wondering what you guys think. Is the Jeti all that or a high priced taranis? Is it more reliable then other radios? Do you regret switching over? A complete radio system switch over so very expensive. So before I do I want to make sure it's well worth it. Thx for your honest advice.
Whether it will be worth it for you is a totally subjective thing. There is no doubt that the build quality is head and shoulders over the Spektrum equipment. The Jeti also has incredibly powerful programming but it is different than Spektrum. If you don't like learning new things, then you may not like that but then again, that will be the case for ANY system.

I guess the bottom line is why are you looking to change and what features are important to you?

For what it's worth, I made the switch from Spektrum about 2 years ago and I've been 100% happy with that decision.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:28 AM
JoeJr1485

ScaleScrazy, I have been in and out of the hobby for some time now and I am getting back in. Back then I was using Spektrums, its been sometime since I have played with a transmitter until not too long ago and was looking for something that was going to meet my current needs and something that will grow with me. Now yes you have 18 channels and there is nothing wrong with Spektrum at all, but Jeti just updated its radio to 24 channels and I feel that it will not stop there. Also I haven't used telemetry back in the day so that is something that I wanted to dive into. Since I got my DS-16 I am very pleased with this radio. yes I wish it was color screen and yes they are coming out with one now but that doesn't really bother me. I can see it just fine. what I like is how you can add voice sounds to anything that you want. To me that is awesome. I have set up thing such as alert me when I have reached my speed for flaps and landing gear. I am still learning it and still coming up with things that I want. At first I told myself " Man this thing is going to be tough to learn and confusing" well I have to say after reading through the manual on a couple of things and watch a couple of youtube videos, it make total since how to do it and set up what I want. It reminds me of writing programing code but without having to write all the dang code haha. Then I look at value. I have searched and searched and see how cheap radios are for resale due to people upgrading, or wanting this or that and what ever it may be. For a Jeti I have found that each update they put out like the 4.0 by adding new channels is like getting a radio for free. I have to say that is very nice. Yes you have take time to update, yes you have to backup your models and all that but hey we should do that anyways just in case of an issue. Switching is all up to you. ask your self why and what will it give me, take away from me, and what can I do with it. ask that a few time heck even a few weeks. Then make up your mind. I am very pleased with it and cant wait to have it fully customized to me and for me the way I like it. Good luck on your thoughts and switch if you do.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:01 AM
ScaleCrazy

Thank you guys for your help. I'm currently using a JR 9503 I y a few surfices. In reality I just got into jets and my buddy has a jeti. He is pushing me to switch. I bought my dx18 6mo ago and never used it. I guess what I'm saying is I may not need that big of a radio. But I do like the best and the jeti sure seams to make flight more relaxing once programmed right.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:18 AM
ScaleCrazy

Truth be told..I caved. Tried to wait for ds24 but gave in to the calling of the ds16. At least I lasted 2 weeks.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:42 AM
wfield0455

Truth be told..I caved. Tried to wait for ds24 but gave in to the calling of the ds16. At least I lasted 2 weeks.
Somehow I think you'll be just fine :^)
Old 01-14-2016, 07:41 AM
arizcowboy
My Feedback: (14)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the dark side my son
Old 01-14-2016, 09:56 AM
stegl

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
So I have read almost every post trying to find the best way to create wav files to put on my Jeti DS-16 and so far the best way that I have found it to download "type and speak" app on your phone. I have an android so not sure if this app is on IPhone but man does this thing work awesome. I type it speaks then save file. It formats into wav format. I have created like 30 files within a few mins. Now just transfer them from my phone to the Jeti. I know others are using two programs to speak then record but give this a try. I think it will make your life my easier creating wav files. it will ask if you want to download the high quality voice, I recommend doing that. It has a tone of different languages and its Free!.
Jeti has a very extensive listing of wave files. There was one missing that I had a Jeti user make for me and emailed to me . With the 4.0 upgrade there are more wav files but haven't done that yet. but yes you can make your own as someone mentioned.

As for the poster that compared Taranis Horus to Jeti ; no comparison . The quality of finish on the Jeti inside and out far exceeds Horus by a mile. If comparing the Horus to Spektrum then maybe
in the same ballpark. Jeti has the most extensive listing of accurate telemetry modules out there. Just don't compare $ to $ on the receivers as the Jeti receiver does more than most. By understanding the inside workings of Jeti then you can appreciate why you have spent the $. I had my doubts a year or so ago before I decided to buy and the more I use it, the more I can see why I have bought an obsolete proof radio. at least for a while to come.
If I was to have any cons ; I would have to say the manual is lacking but as I said in another forum they would have to print a 600page manual to explain all the programming choices as there is more than one way to accomplish things. Lots of on line help.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:02 AM
stegl

Hi Scalecrazy : If getting into jets the Jeti is great for that. Xicoy makes a telemetry module for many turbine brands that use their ECU that will do all the turbine feedback for start-up and shutdown that your GSU does. I did add the locking switch I use to make sure no mistaken shutdowns or start-ups. Other modules are available for turbines that use their proprietary ECU's. PM me if you have any specifics to be answered and will try and help.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:26 AM
ScaleCrazy

Thank for the heads up. I'm sure once I get familiar with the radio I will be exploring many useful features.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:12 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by stegl
Jeti has a very extensive listing of wave files. There was one missing that I had a Jeti user make for me and emailed to me . With the 4.0 upgrade there are more wav files but haven't done that yet. but yes you can make your own as someone mentioned.
<snip>
Since you mentioned the subject of creating .wav files, I've always done this myself using some free tools but then I recently saw this; https://www.rc-thoughts.com/tts/converter.php

This has been provided as a free, public service (thank you very much) and is extremely easy to use. Simply type in your message, select the language and it will create a file that you can down load and copy to your transmitter. The US English voice is a good match to the factory .wav files as well.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:11 PM
stegl

Initially looks pretty simple so will have to try when I get a moment. Wonder what is the difference between Canadian English and US English? Like the idea of adjusting the spoken speed adjust... many thanks in advance and looking forward to trying it.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:23 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added this cool little sound file on startup (you don't need to have a FB account to see the video, it's public)

https://www.facebook.com/aussiejets/...5651890206443/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.