Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 04-23-2016, 11:33 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I believe the latest firm release in April is for REX recievers (ver1.0.2)... make sure you have an REX reciever... Otherwise 3.24 is the latest for regular recievers
Old 04-23-2016, 11:54 PM
Mi-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
I believe the latest firm release in April is for REX recievers (ver1.0.2)... make sure you have an REX reciever... Otherwise 3.24 is the latest for regular recievers
Tks for the info above: All I know is I have R7 PLUS Ex bus receivers...dunno if they're REX versions or not. The 3.24 did work correctly.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:27 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Tks for the info above: All I know is I have R7 PLUS Ex bus receivers...dunno if they're REX versions or not. The 3.24 did work correctly.
Your comment about it being an R7 Plus had me confused at first but after looking at the Esprit website I believe you have the regular R7 receiver which says 2.4EX R7 Plus on the bottom of the Label. The label on the R7REX looks quite different so I suggest you take a look at the photos of each on the website to verify for yourself. If that's the case, V3.24 Standard version is the latest firmware unless you are planing on using 16 bit UDI or SBus. You will also see V3.25 with 24 channel support but that is for R3/RSW or Rstat receivers only.

Hope this helps..
Old 04-24-2016, 03:25 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Your comment about it being an R7 Plus had me confused at first but after looking at the Esprit website I believe you have the regular R7 receiver which says 2.4EX R7 Plus on the bottom of the Label. The label on the R7REX looks quite different so I suggest you take a look at the photos of each on the website to verify for yourself. If that's the case, V3.24 Standard version is the latest firmware unless you are planing on using 16 bit UDI or SBus. You will also see V3.25 with 24 channel support but that is for R3/RSW or Rstat receivers only.

Hope this helps..
Of course it does...appreciate your reply...my label indicates it's a 2.4EX R7 Plus as you mention...so I've updated them with the V3.24 Standard version...

cheers,
Old 04-24-2016, 05:41 AM
Jeti USA

You have wrong firmware, you can see the one you are using is for REX receivers.

UPDATE 3.24
Download Firmware Standard R3/RSW-18US 3.24 (June, 2015)
Old 04-24-2016, 06:01 AM
Mi-25

Thanks...
Old 04-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone ever had this happen? I was taking off today with my Ultra Flash when right about the time I rotated, the transmitter started beeping continuously. The airplane seemed to be flying ok so I climbed up to a safe altitude to take a glance at the transmitter screen . It said "signal loss". The rx voltage display on my main screen was blank as was the turbine ecu voltage. Also the antennas were 0 . The airplane was flying reasonably well, except for it was wandering in roll. After I burned off some fuel, I landed and taxied back and shut down the engine. I shut off the radio after the engine went through the cool down cycle and turned the radio back on. The airplane would not link to the transmitter. This airplane has (2) RSAT 3's with a magnetic switch and a CB200 in dual path mode. After trying multiple times to no avail, I switched to a different model in the transmitter and then to a different aircraft, a J-10, it linked immediately. I knew the transmitter was ok so I started looking for problems in the airplane . I found the connector that plugs into the Rsat 3 had backed out to the point it was not making contact. when I pushed it in the radio linked immediately. Here is the strange part : the left aileron, (PIN 2) was inoperative, I swapped the connector to the right aileron, pin 7 and it worked ok and now the right aileron was inoperative. So I knew I had a receiver output issue. Then I went to the Device explorer and looked at the outputs in the CB 200. Lo and behold Pin 2 was in "digital output mode" ***? I changed it to servo mode and everything now works ok. I had flown the airplane 3 weeks earlier 2 times and everything was perfect. I put the airplane away after those flights until last night when all I did was charge it and the transmitter. I never went in to any menus or even took the transmitter out of its case. I can not figure out how this could have changed in flight. I did a control check before takeoff today and both ailerons were working fine. When I lost the input signal from one RSAT3 it seems as though it changed all by itself. Anybody know where the CB200 settings are stored ? Non volatile memory within the CB200 ? or the transmitter?

Thanks,

Bob Neal
Old 04-24-2016, 09:28 PM
Mi-25

Hi Bob,
I'm not an expert but as I run pretty much the same as your setup I'v observed this; In Dual Path if any one RSat is disconnected the indications on the Tx are as though you've lost ALL contact with the jet (antennas all = 0 with "Signal Loss")....even though it still flies ok.
This is a known issue and it would be extremely helpful if Jeti can generate a fix for this.

As to why your RSat lost it settings is a mystery - I was thinking there was an intermittent connection on the connector that was backed-out?...and this caused it...

cheers,
Leon
Old 04-25-2016, 02:46 AM
wfield0455

Hi Bob,
I'm not an expert but as I run pretty much the same as your setup I'v observed this; In Dual Path if any one RSat is disconnected the indications on the Tx are as though you've lost ALL contact with the jet (antennas all = 0 with "Signal Loss")....even though it still flies ok.
This is a known issue and it would be extremely helpful if Jeti can generate a fix for this.

As to why your RSat lost it settings is a mystery - I was thinking there was an intermittent connection on the connector that was backed-out?...and this caused it...

cheers,
Leon
Leon,

I wasn't 100% certain which issue you were referring to but if you're referring to the Antennas all reading 0 then yes, it would be nice if the Antenna values went to 0 only for the receiver that it lost contact with. Since it's been this way for a long time I suspect it isn't as simple to fix as we would think.

If you're referring to getting a lost signal alarm when only one receiver is lost that is a result of your selections when setting up dual path. At the bottom of the screen there is an option for Alarm at "Loss of any receiver", "Loss of Rx1", Loss of Rx2" or "Loss of both receivers" . The transmitter simply behaves as it's told to and if you have "Loss of any receiver", then you will get the Lost signal alarm if you loose contact with either receiver, even though you still have control of the model.

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-25-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:06 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Bobneal1
Anyone ever had this happen? I was taking off today with my Ultra Flash when right about the time I rotated, the transmitter started beeping continuously. The airplane seemed to be flying ok so I climbed up to a safe altitude to take a glance at the transmitter screen . It said "signal loss". The rx voltage display on my main screen was blank as was the turbine ecu voltage. Also the antennas were 0 . The airplane was flying reasonably well, except for it was wandering in roll. After I burned off some fuel, I landed and taxied back and shut down the engine. I shut off the radio after the engine went through the cool down cycle and turned the radio back on. The airplane would not link to the transmitter. This airplane has (2) RSAT 3's with a magnetic switch and a CB200 in dual path mode. After trying multiple times to no avail, I switched to a different model in the transmitter and then to a different aircraft, a J-10, it linked immediately. I knew the transmitter was ok so I started looking for problems in the airplane . I found the connector that plugs into the Rsat 3 had backed out to the point it was not making contact. when I pushed it in the radio linked immediately. Here is the strange part : the left aileron, (PIN 2) was inoperative, I swapped the connector to the right aileron, pin 7 and it worked ok and now the right aileron was inoperative. So I knew I had a receiver output issue. Then I went to the Device explorer and looked at the outputs in the CB 200. Lo and behold Pin 2 was in "digital output mode" ***? I changed it to servo mode and everything now works ok. I had flown the airplane 3 weeks earlier 2 times and everything was perfect. I put the airplane away after those flights until last night when all I did was charge it and the transmitter. I never went in to any menus or even took the transmitter out of its case. I can not figure out how this could have changed in flight. I did a control check before takeoff today and both ailerons were working fine. When I lost the input signal from one RSAT3 it seems as though it changed all by itself. Anybody know where the CB200 settings are stored ? Non volatile memory within the CB200 ? or the transmitter?

Thanks,

Bob Neal
Bob,

CB200 settings are stored in the CB200. I really can't think of an explanation for how these settings could be changed by a loose connection to an Rsat.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:10 AM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Dave,

I will call Esprit today and see if they have any ideas.

Bob Neal
Old 04-25-2016, 06:01 AM
Mi-25

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Leon,

I wasn't 100% certain which issue you were referring to but if you're referring to the Antennas all reading 0 then yes, it would be nice if the Antenna values went to 0 only for the receiver that it lost contact with. Since it's been this way for a long time I suspect it isn't as simple to fix as we would think.

If you're referring to getting a lost signal alarm when only one receiver is lost that is a result of your selections when setting up dual path. At the bottom of the screen there is an option for Alarm at "Loss of any receiver", "Loss of Rx1", Loss of Rx2" or "Loss of both receivers" . The transmitter simply behaves as it's told to and if you have "Loss of any receiver", then you will get the Lost signal alarm if you loose contact with either receiver, even though you still have control of the model.
Hi Wayne - yes I was referring to the Antennas all reading 0 - as you say it would be very nice if the Antenna values went to 0 only for the receiver that it lost contact with. As you say - perhaps it's not an easy fix. Is this the same whether one selects "Loss of any receiver", "Loss of Rx1", Loss of Rx2"??? is the Question. The alarm will sound....but when checked all antenna values show Zero...irrespective of which option is selected?

cheers,
Old 04-25-2016, 07:40 AM
wfield0455

Hi Wayne - yes I was referring to the Antennas all reading 0 - as you say it would be very nice if the Antenna values went to 0 only for the receiver that it lost contact with. As you say - perhaps it's not an easy fix. Is this the same whether one selects "Loss of any receiver", "Loss of Rx1", Loss of Rx2"??? is the Question. The alarm will sound....but when checked all antenna values show Zero...irrespective of which option is selected?

cheers,

To be sure I wasn't giving incorrect information I just fired up a CB200 with 2, R3/RSWs all running the latest Transmitter, CB200 and R3 firmware. In Wifi Settings I selected Alarm at Loss of any receiver. When I disconnected the Primary R3 I got the Lost Signal Alarm as expected and all Antennas read 0. I reconnected the Primary R3 and all readings went back to normal. I disconnected the Secondary R3 and again got the Lost Signal alarm and all Antennas read 0. I then changed the Wifi Settings to Alarm at Loss of ALL receivers and repeated the test. When I disconnected the Primary R3, I didn't get the Lost signal Alarm and A1/A2 read 0 and A3/A4 both read 9/9. I reconnected the Primary R3 and disconnected the Secondary and now A1/A3 read 9/9 and A3/A4 both read 0. Since I have the latest firmware on my transmitter and all receivers, I'm not sure just which firmware versions exhibit this behavior.

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-25-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Mi-25

Excellent - thanks Wayne. Can you please point me through the menu to where I'd change the Wifi settings? - to Alarm at loss to ALL receivers?...tks
Old 04-25-2016, 08:42 AM
wfield0455

Excellent - thanks Wayne. Can you please point me through the menu to where I'd change the Wifi settings? - to Alarm at loss to ALL receivers?...tks
Sure, It's in the Advanced Properties, Wireless Modes/Trainer menu, which I incorrectly referred to as Wifi Settings. When Double Path is selected there will be an "Alarm at" option which I believe defaults to "Loss of any receiver". Just select it and you will be able to change that to Loss of Receiver Rx1, Loss of Receiver Rx2 or Loss of both receivers.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:04 PM
Mi-25

Appreciated Wayne - got it...I'm using the latest firmware.
1) Seems to me that Jeti need to modify something in the way an Rx failure alarm is indicated when "Loss of any Receiver" is chosen. The Alarm is issued when ONE Rx fails (either Rx)...fine...thats what the pilot needs to know...but why all antennas indicate zero is strange. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as you can land. Troubleshooting which one failed would be easy.
This option seems the most practical.

2) In your latest message "I then changed the Wifi Settings to Alarm at Loss of ALL receivers and repeated the test. When I disconnected the Primary R3, I didn't get the Lost signal Alarm and A1/A2 read 0 and A3/A4 both read 9/9. I reconnected the Primary R3 and disconnected the Secondary and now A1/A3 read 9/9 and A3/A4 both read 0."
If Alarm at "Loss of All receivers" is chosen....if ONE Rx fails (the jet should keep flying ok)...the pilot will not know UNLESS he looks at the Tx. If he doesn't know about it he cannot troubleshoot after shutdown...
IMHO....THIS is the problem!

Seems to me that if the Alarm sounds in 2) above, your jets crashing anyway so selecting that option doesn't achieve much other than to warn you of a double Rx failure!

Last edited by Mi-25; 04-26-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Malcolm Kay
My Feedback: (11)

Hi guys, I'm needing a bit of expert advice, as a comparative newbie to Jeti, I've been a Futaba team guy for twenty years and recently switched to Jeti, I have a DS 16 with CB 200 Twin r3's on dual path in a Tomahawk Futura ,and I just had a maiden, and needed to mix down elevator to my full flap position on the three position SE switch, I followed the instructions explicitly and programed master and slave and value, but I couldn't get it to work, so I called another jeti user with a lot of experience , he couldn't get it working either, so I called James at esprit, and he patiently went through the whole process including isolating the switch, we did it on the phone step by step and the transmitter shows the switch working and the elevator working on full flap, but guess what, the elevator still does not move.... what am I missing , or what am I doing wrong ? Malcolm
Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 AM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Malcolm Kay
Hi guys, I'm needing a bit of expert advice, as a comparative newbie to Jeti, I've been a Futaba team guy for twenty years and recently switched to Jeti, I have a DS 16 with CB 200 Twin r3's on dual path in a Tomahawk Futura ,and I just had a maiden, and needed to mix down elevator to my full flap position on the three position SE switch, I followed the instructions explicitly and programed master and slave and value, but I couldn't get it to work, so I called another jeti user with a lot of experience , he couldn't get it working either, so I called James at esprit, and he patiently went through the whole process including isolating the switch, we did it on the phone step by step and the transmitter shows the switch working and the elevator working on full flap, but guess what, the elevator still does not move.... what am I missing , or what am I doing wrong ? Malcolm

Malcolm instead of mixing down elevator to flaps I use separate trim for each flap condition.. go to Fine tuning>digital trims> then change from "G" Global to "S" single in the menu.
Then you can actively trim the elevator for each flap setting.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

I have what you describe set up on my lightning. I used the butterfly mix on a three position switch it mixes down elevator progressively with each stage of flaps and in landing it also mixes up aileron for crow.

Works great. I did have to disable the global setting and change to single
on the switch to make each step work correctly.

I also have the servo speed slowed down to make the transition smooth.

Don

Last edited by Don Perry; 04-26-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:04 AM
wfield0455

Appreciated Wayne - got it...I'm using the latest firmware.
1) Seems to me that Jeti need to modify something in the way an Rx failure alarm is indicated when "Loss of any Receiver" is chosen. The Alarm is issued when ONE Rx fails (either Rx)...fine...thats what the pilot needs to know...but why all antennas indicate zero is strange. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as you can land. Troubleshooting which one failed would be easy.
This option seems the most practical.

2) In your latest message "I then changed the Wifi Settings to Alarm at Loss of ALL receivers and repeated the test. When I disconnected the Primary R3, I didn't get the Lost signal Alarm and A1/A2 read 0 and A3/A4 both read 9/9. I reconnected the Primary R3 and disconnected the Secondary and now A1/A3 read 9/9 and A3/A4 both read 0."
If Alarm at "Loss of All receivers" is chosen....if ONE Rx fails (the jet should keep flying ok)...the pilot will not know UNLESS he looks at the Tx. If he doesn't know about it he cannot troubleshoot after shutdown...
IMHO....THIS is the problem!

Seems to me that if the Alarm sounds in 2) above, your jets crashing anyway so selecting that option doesn't achieve much other than to warn you of a double Rx failure!

Sorry, I guess this discussion has been a bit misleading since we were talking specifically about a CB200. Still, I thought you would get a warning if the Antenna values (any of them) went below the level set in System Sounds but it turns out that only looks a A1/A2. Unfortunately not only do you not get a warning on A3/A4, you don't even get a warning if a receiver becomes disconnected and stops sending telemetry. So weak signal on A1/A2 you get a warning but no signal because the receiver became disconnected, no warning. Bummer.

Actually I'm not sure this is as bad as it seems at first. While the antenna values do go to zero if you disconnect a receiver they do all get displayed and Logged correctly down to the point of complete signal loss. In other words, if a receiver becomes disconnected all antenna values read 0 but as long as you are getting any telemetry from both receivers, A1/A2 and A3/A4 all get logged and displayed correctly. Since that is the case they are still very useful for diagnosing range and antenna related issues.

I personally have all my CB200s set to Loss of any receiver. However, I have used Loss of all receivers with an R14 and R5 connected via a PPM link and configured for Double Path. In that configuration it is safe to select Loss of all receivers because you can still get a "Lost Satellite PPM" Morse Code Alarm if your secondary receiver becomes disconnected. Since the servos are directly connected to your Primary receiver in that configuration, it really can't get disconnected. So Loss of all receivers can be useful but with a CB200, not so much. Sorry for the confusion..

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-26-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Malcolm Kay

Thanks Bob and Don , I will look into both methods and see where it takes me.. MK
Old 04-26-2016, 01:55 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Malcolm instead of mixing down elevator to flaps I use separate trim for each flap condition.. go to Fine tuning>digital trims> then change from "G" Global to "S" single in the menu.
Then you can actively trim the elevator for each flap setting.
didnt work for me until I set up flight modes on my flap switch..
Old 04-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
Can you please advise,
I want to connect 2 button switches to my 16 ds,
I tried the stick switches (without connecting them) but as i fly with my thumbs on the top of the sticks i found them difficult to use.
I want to connect the button switches using the spare solder pads provided for the stick switches,
Adjacent to the solder pads there are 3 wires they are Brown,Red and Orange,
My question is which of these wires is the common?
Sorry if this is obvious but i did not want to make a mistake with the connections and possibly damage my transmitter
When i connect these switches will the system automatically detect them?
regards Ray.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
didnt work for me until I set up flight modes on my flap switch..

Yes you are correct you to have to setup flight modes first.

Last edited by Bob_B; 04-26-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:30 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Yes you are correct you to have to setup flight modes first.
actually, it would be nice if it worked the way you implied! Simply go to fine tuning>digital trims>Select from the drop down menu what type of trim function you want for each surface! That would make a lot of sense..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.