Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 05-05-2016, 03:34 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi Wayne,
I will let you know if i change my mind (re switches)
I wished you worked for Jeti?
regards Ray
Ray,

I'm not a Jeti team member or anything like that, just a very satisfied Jeti owner that happens to enjoy discussing pretty much any sort of model setup issues.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:01 AM
lonestoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stoner here,
Quick question.
What do I need for a jeti 40 magnetic switch being used with my Futaba system. ?
Is it just plug and play with dual batteries.
It will be on my ultra sport 1000,
Old 05-15-2016, 04:22 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by lonestoner
Is it just plug and play with dual batteries.
I have a friend using one with JR and it is, so I would not see why it would not be with Futaba.

If you want remote capability then you need a Jeti Tx (a little plug here from an other Jeti enthusiast LOL) but with the magnetic switch no problem.

If your fuse is not too thick you can even get away with making a hole in it to see the green "on" led.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeti-switch-wkey-dps409.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2162489  

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 05-15-2016 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:29 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just remember the 40 switch is simply a dual switch, not a battery sharing switch. DPDT basically. it works well..

We have asked Jeti to look at adding sharing circuitry in the future like the DSM10, but bigger..
Old 05-15-2016, 04:31 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Ray,

I'm not a Jeti team member or anything like that, just a very satisfied Jeti owner that happens to enjoy discussing pretty much any sort of model setup issues.
and Wayne one of the most knowledgeable users in the field . Wayne thank you for your contributions over the years.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:37 AM
gooseF22

I use a stick switch on my throttle for landing gear, and on aerobatic planes, its an Idle up. I don't do a lot of 3D, and am a pinch flyer.

If you put a switch in the stick it of course gets longer, so I added a longer stick to the right to balance it out.

The solder job required is very easy, there are tiny little pads.. the tricky part is removing the hall effect sensor to route the wires properly, and to remove the upper tx board to get to it.. I have done 3 myself, but I did have one of the Espritmodel employees show me originally.

then you go inside and enable Sk. there definitely is a few tricks to installing the switch/button/knob.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:52 AM
gooseF22

By the way, generally, Common is Brown wire in this radio, and on the solder pads, there is the out wire directly across from it, so you just match the colors on the pad across from it. orange is signal, red is 5v, and brown is common. on the solder pads for the stick it is towards the middle of the radio. A couple people have asked that question. All that said, I would not recommend any modifications to the transmitter other than swapping out switches, or using existing ports. If you put any holes in the case, it can alter the transmitter wave pattern, and therefore Jeti could not authorize it..

How you get around running out of switches:

you combine functions or automate functions;
-for instance, I use P7 for volume.. However I needed a switch to turn on the models with the wireless switch.. I simply combined the functions. when I turn the volume up, it also turns on the model.
-I use P8 to set gain initially, until getting it tuned into flight modes, then I use P8 to reset the CB200 counters.
- I installed a locking switch in Sa, this is a kill for turbines, kills IBEC's for gassers, Throttle Lock for electrics, and throttle Low for glow birds, so it performs the same function in all planes, but each program is different of course.
- Aerobatic planes, I just use Sd for flight mode changes instead of using separate switches for ail, rud, elev, high rates. I also set the gain that way combined, and of course change expos..
- I use the spring loaded switch Sh for my "timer announcement" but it also doubles as a "high rate" nose gear steering when I need it for taxi and strong cross winds. so what if the timer goes off
-I use G sensor Y and tilt the radio up if I want telemetry to talk to me. I still have Gx available.

The point is you can use double functions and a combination of flight modes.

I wish the DS16 had the two other switches that the DC16 has, but its a minor gripe.

FWIW
I use cross trim, and the throttle trim buttons are used to trim the nose wheel when needed.
My auto trim is Sb
My "kill gyro mix" is Se and has a rubber hose on it.
my flap and flight mode is Sd with a 3 position switch installed.
Brakes on right slider
Smoke on left slider
Choke sw is on slider or Sf depending
P8 is reserved for catch all, such as a canopy or something like that
sK(left stick) is landing gear and idle up

If you give it some thought, you can also use logical switches to do stuff, like a combination of switches.. so i make a copy of the model and play around with it until I get it right, then program the main model.

food for thought..dave

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-15-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:17 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Bobneal1
Storing CB-200 settings ?

I have to replace a CB-200 . Can I save the settings somewhere and reload them to a new CB-200 ?

Thanks,

Bob Neal
No Bob, it won't store the failsafe settings, but the receiver settings will stay. You have to re program the CB. Its not a big deal.. write down your settings from the device explorer, and transfer over. should take about 10 min . a lot of the default items are good. the failsafe is easy to set up with the new master SW.

What happened to the CB200?
Old 05-15-2016, 05:40 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Folks - I'm trying to update the firmware on my R7 PLUS receivers. I downloaded the file from Espritmodel here: released APR 2016..

And after I connect my Rx I get these error messages;

Can anyone (ZB?) help me please - I've successfully updated my CB200's, Tx, and Rsat's...no problem...perhaps there's something wrong with the firmware?
did you get this resolved? sometimes the hardware version roll doesn't make it into a receiver.. it will not update.. I had the same issue with a rex receiver recently and it had to go back.

the software does a HW version check before it loads. I believe you use 3.24 for this + receiver
Old 05-15-2016, 05:43 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
I wish the DS16 had the two other switches that the DC16 has, but its a minor gripe.

If you give it some thought, you can also use logical switches to do stuff, like a combination of switches
That's an issue with these newer radios that have so much capability, you run out of switches before you run out of channels. This link that Harry C provided on another thread https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/02/...-24-whats-new/ mentions that the DS-24 will have "24 logical switches" vs 16 on the DS-16. However, on this picture of the DS-16 I took at Joe Nall, I don't see any additional switches.

Do you happen to know anything about that Goose?

Thanks,
Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5142.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	2162521  
Old 05-15-2016, 06:41 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by gooseF22
By the way, generally, Common is Brown wire in this radio, and on the solder pads, there is the out wire directly across from it, so you just match the colors on the pad across from it. orange is signal, red is 5v, and brown is common. on the solder pads for the stick it is towards the middle of the radio. A couple people have asked that question. All that said, I would not recommend any modifications to the transmitter other than swapping out switches, or using existing ports. If you put any holes in the case, it can alter the transmitter wave pattern, and therefore Jeti could not authorize it..

How you get around running out of switches:

you combine functions or automate functions;
-for instance, I use P7 for volume.. However I needed a switch to turn on the models with the wireless switch.. I simply combined the functions. when I turn the volume up, it also turns on the model.
-I use P8 to set gain initially, until getting it tuned into flight modes, then I use P8 to reset the CB200 counters.
- I installed a locking switch in Sa, this is a kill for turbines, kills IBEC's for gassers, Throttle Lock for electrics, and throttle Low for glow birds, so it performs the same function in all planes, but each program is different of course.
- Aerobatic planes, I just use Sd for flight mode changes instead of using separate switches for ail, rud, elev, high rates. I also set the gain that way combined, and of course change expos..
- I use the spring loaded switch Sh for my "timer announcement" but it also doubles as a "high rate" nose gear steering when I need it for taxi and strong cross winds. so what if the timer goes off
-I use G sensor Y and tilt the radio up if I want telemetry to talk to me. I still have Gx available.

The point is you can use double functions and a combination of flight modes.

FWIW
I use cross trim, and the throttle trim buttons are used to trim the nose wheel when needed.
My auto trim is Sb
My "kill gyro mix" is Se and has a rubber hose on it.
my flap and flight mode is Sd with a 3 position switch installed.
Brakes on right slider
Smoke on left slider
Choke sw is on slider or Sf depending
P8 is reserved for catch all, such as a canopy or something like that
sK(left stick) is landing gear and idle up

If you give it some thought, you can also use logical switches to do stuff, like a combination of switches.. so i make a copy of the model and play around with it until I get it right, then program the main model.

food for thought..dave
Goose just to add to your suggestions, I also use logical switch to give me more "switches" choice for example I use a combo of slider AND knob position that I know will never happen in flight to reset my CB200
Old 05-15-2016, 07:07 AM
lonestoner

Ok, thanks
will update once installed ,
Old 05-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys,

I need more than 3 rates for elevators and ailerons. I actually need two different expos for the same travel rates, one for gyro on and one for gyro off. I have flight modes set up and I have five of them. What I want is low rate elevator with say 20% expo gyro on, then low rate with 40% expo with gyro off and the same for all three rates, low mid and high. I have the gyro switching off and on with my flight modes, I just can't figure out how to vary the expo.

Thanks,

Bob Neal
Old 05-15-2016, 11:46 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone using an MBar EX for landing gear failsafe? How'd ya do it?

Thanks,
...jim
Old 05-15-2016, 12:08 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Jim....Check my post 1382 and 1388 here...

works like a charm...

David
Old 05-15-2016, 01:21 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it. Thanks! Was the direction I was heading. Good to have it confirmed.

...jim
Old 05-15-2016, 01:25 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by CraigG
That's an issue with these newer radios that have so much capability, you run out of switches before you run out of channels. This link that Harry C provided on another thread https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/02/...-24-whats-new/ mentions that the DS-24 will have "24 logical switches" vs 16 on the DS-16. However, on this picture of the DS-16 I took at Joe Nall, I don't see any additional switches.

Do you happen to know anything about that Goose?

Thanks,
Craig
Ya, no additional physical hardware switches.. the number of logical software switches will go up. I wished it had two more physical hardware switches on the face like the DC-16, but its tight in there under the main face
Old 05-15-2016, 01:27 PM
gooseF22

Guys,

I need more than 3 rates for elevators and ailerons. I actually need two different expos for the same travel rates, one for gyro on and one for gyro off. I have flight modes set up and I have five of them. What I want is low rate elevator with say 20% expo gyro on, then low rate with 40% expo with gyro off and the same for all three rates, low mid and high. I have the gyro switching off and on with my flight modes, I just can't figure out how to vary the expo.

Thanks,

Bob Neal
Bob, you can set that up in flight modes, just send it zero gain on the ones you want the gyro off. you can make it announce each flight mode two.. 5 modes takes two switches however. It might be easier to use 3 flight modes, and a separate high/low/off gain

I have a 'gain on, gain off" switch that I use in each flight mode as needed.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:33 PM
Bobneal1

Goose,

I had a separate gyro gain on/off switch along with triple rates. The problem is when the gyro is on, the plane is way too soft, but it's perfect with the gyro off. So I set up flight modes to have 3 rates "gyro on" and two with it off. If I dial the expo down in the triple rates for when the gyro is on it will be too sensitive with the gyro off. So I need a way to adjust the expo with the flight modes but more than 3 combinations.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts

Bob why do want to have the gyro off in certain flight modes?
Old 05-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Bobneal1

Bob,

I am not sure I like the gyro on this plane. I really wanted it for gusty crosswind landings but it works nice in high alpha as well. I am thinking I cannot have more than 3 expo settings per control surface.

Bob
Old 05-15-2016, 03:35 PM
gooseF22

Bob,

I am not sure I like the gyro on this plane. I really wanted it for gusty crosswind landings but it works nice in high alpha as well. I am thinking I cannot have more than 3 expo settings per control surface.

Bob
Bob, I think you are making it too hard
Which gyro.. It needs some refinement then sounds like.. when its right, its very nice.. I only use cortex. when its dialed in, you really don't notice it. It just turns the wind off. if its not responsive enough, then the gyro Throw needs to be increased, not the gain. then maybe the stick priority if its a cortex. If its a single axis setup, they are too hard to set up.. get a cortex.. I can usually dial one in in 1 to 2 flights.. maybe 3 if I need to add some relative throw in the computer.

I have never used a better or easy to set up gyro than the cortex.. I use my old gyros on the nose wheel only.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Bobneal1

Goose,
i am using an Igyro 3e. I also have a cortex in another plane and I like it. I will take another look at the 3e settings.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Bob...

Why don't you assign the gyro on and off switch as your "Dual rate switch". That is when gyro is on the expo will be lowered while rates stay the same... And when gyro is off you will have higher expo and same rate.

Keep in mind that each flight mode needs to have the same assignment of switch in the dual,rate screen as ech rate is Specific for each flight mode.

Hope that helps... I have the same setup..

David
Old 05-16-2016, 01:20 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
Craig, it's not impossible but it would be an unusual model that required a widget per channel, there is normally some doubling up e.g. 2 aileron channels per stick, one retract switch to run the legs and doors channels and so on.

Logic switches are software, not actual physical switches, which is why you don't see any more switches on the face of the 24 compared to the 16. Logic switches are of the sort that you say if A is on AND B is on then do something, else don't. For example my brake chute switch only works if the arming switch is on AND the throttle is at idle AND the gear is down. I also use a logic switch that checks if the throttle is at more than idle AND the wheelbrakes are on then speak "wheelbrakes are on" and keep repeating it so that I don't land with the brakes accidentally on and the wheels locked.

You have more controls that are invisible, the DS (but not the DC) has gyros in it which sense tilting or rotation of the Tx and these can be used where appropriate, for example on my glider I use tilt left to speak the elapsed time, some people use tilt back to operate wheel brakes, and so on. I have seen a video of a model being flown purely by tilting the Tx but I wouldn't recommend it!

Last edited by HarryC; 05-16-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.