Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 07:34 PM
saillplane77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluelevel, thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. I want to turn failsafe off in device manager? Seems I would want to turn it on? I just want to make sure I don't have the "fly higher than 200 feet option on and the receivers will not work" option on. The high end receivers and transmitters seem to have great technology but documentation is an issue? Before I used the Royal with my Speke stuff and had this pretty well nailed down. Now with Jeti a little more on the quessionable side. I know there are lots of options with BP and other transmitters so the documentation is still not "documented".

The receiver status dots going on and off randomly does not make me feel more confident in there system.

Xycoy I can also have questions but I can get an answer in 4 to 5 hours tops from them. BP and Jeti not sure who to e-mail?

I was thinking (wrong) I had this system pretty well nailed down understanding the IGyro and mixes so I added the ProfiBox and this seemed to work fine. There was a screen that asked if I wanted to "clone" the receiver and pretty sure I told it no. The reset to the R3 should have wiped this out if I did do something incorrect. The issue I have is I get to a screen that I am not sure what it is and try to look up the documentation to help me and there is nothing? I don't like "guessing" an answer.

This is my 5th BP Royal system but first with Jeti.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:52 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by saillplane77
Bluelevel, thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. I want to turn failsafe off in device manager? Seems I would want to turn it on? I just want to make sure I don't have the "fly higher than 200 feet option on and the receivers will not work" option on. The high end receivers and transmitters seem to have great technology but documentation is an issue? Before I used the Royal with my Speke stuff and had this pretty well nailed down. Now with Jeti a little more on the quessionable side. I know there are lots of options with BP and other transmitters so the documentation is still not "documented".
You want the failsafe to be controlled by the PowerBox and not by the receivers itself, so go to device manager, select each receiver, go to failsafe settings and turn it off there. BTW, this step is documented :-) Mine are set the same and it works flawless.

Next time you have specific questions about PB products, you can also go to their support forum at http://forum.powerbox-systems.com/ . Richard with Powerbox System will usually answer all questions within a day.

Thomas
Old 05-30-2016, 09:29 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
I have Firmware version 3.02 installed on my DC-16. I'm not sure which version you have, and if the procedure is slightly different, but here is how I set it up.
Jim, I'm using v4.0 firmware, so not sure if this applies to v3.02, but when displaying the page that I have added the Jetibox emulator on, I can hit ESC to get the four Jetibox navigation arrows to drill my way to the ECU ground unit display (and navigate the ECU as well). I don't have to specifically go to the Jetibox application itself.

Regards,
...jim
Old 05-30-2016, 09:30 AM
saillplane77

Thanks, I can ask Richard. Seems I have more questions than answers. Will check docs again but I can not find info in my Jeti manual to not set these to FS. The "Clone" vs. "Normal" I need to understand better it seems. The PB docs i was sent had this marked for Jeti:
Jeti Duplex:
Connect two R-Sat2 satellites directly to RX1 and RX2. One satellite is
operated as “Clone”, the other as “Normal”. The following settings have proved
effective in practice:
- Output Mode: Computed
- Signal Fault: off
- Signal Fault Delay: 0.5s
- Output period: 24ms (if you are using 12 to 16 channels, set this to 28ms)
- PPM 8, 9, 12, 16, according to your transmitter / transmitter module

Again thanks for the help, safe flying !!
Old 05-30-2016, 09:34 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by saillplane77
Thanks, I can ask Richard. Seems I have more questions than answers. Will check docs again but I can not find info in my Jeti manual to not set these to FS. The "Clone" vs. "Normal" I need to understand better it seems. The PB docs i was sent had this marked for Jeti:
Jeti Duplex:
Connect two R-Sat2 satellites directly to RX1 and RX2. One satellite is
operated as “Clone”, the other as “Normal”. The following settings have proved
effective in practice:
- Output Mode: Computed
- Signal Fault: off
- Signal Fault Delay: 0.5s
- Output period: 24ms (if you are using 12 to 16 channels, set this to 28ms)
- PPM 8, 9, 12, 16, according to your transmitter / transmitter module

Again thanks for the help, safe flying !!
Forget about the clone mode, this is the "old way" of receiver redundancy before the "Dual Path" mode came out. I know and agree that the PB documentation is not perfect, but I understand that it is hard for them to integrate all the changes in their documentation that the radio manufacturers come out with. Especially Jeti has added so many features with their latest updates that it is hard to keep up. That's what the forums are for...
Old 05-30-2016, 10:13 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Forget about the clone mode, this is the "old way" of receiver redundancy before the "Dual Path" mode came out. I know and agree that the PB documentation is not perfect, but I understand that it is hard for them to integrate all the changes in their documentation that the radio manufacturers come out with. Especially Jeti has added so many features with their latest updates that it is hard to keep up. That's what the forums are for...
Actually, clone mode is the only way to get receiver redundancy and still be able to use Student/Teacher mode. I normally use dual path as well but on my Boomerang which I sometime use to help others get their turbine waiver, clone mode is the only way to have a redundant receiver and still use the trainer interface.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Actually, clone mode is the only way to get receiver redundancy and still be able to use Student/Teacher mode. I normally use dual path as well but on my Boomerang which I sometime use to help others get their turbine waiver, clone mode is the only way to have a redundant receiver and still use the trainer interface.
+1 on that. I am hoping that the new 900 mHz frequency will allow us to have a student link through it and be able to stay in dual mode. This is one thing I think Jeti could improve.

It was easier in the "old days" with a stupid umbilical cord (wire) between the two Tx. Sometimes I think progress makes things a little more complicated.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:05 AM
Jeti USA

[h=2]VIDEO: Fully Automated Retract, Courtesy of Jeti Telemetry Controls[/h]
Jeti Telemetry Control has tons of advantages, specially when you can get easily distracted, one click and damage is done. I have seen so many people hitting switch and accidentally retract landing gear. Using Jeti Telemetry controls and Data downlink has tons of applications, control your motor, turbine, over temp, emergency drop of the retract.....

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 PM
mick15

I understood 900 to be an emergency channel, not for general transmission use?
Old 05-31-2016, 01:29 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Mbar question.

Last transmitter update is 3.2, Cb 200 and R3's are brand new.
I plugged the cable from the ext port of my cb 200 to the ext port of the Mbar. I have checked the polarity several times and it is plugged correctly.
In device explorer it show the Mbar. When i click on Mbar it tells me device is not recognized.

Any info on what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Stan
Old 05-31-2016, 02:43 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by tucson
Mbar question.

Last transmitter update is 3.2, Cb 200 and R3's are brand new.
I plugged the cable from the ext port of my cb 200 to the ext port of the Mbar. I have checked the polarity several times and it is plugged correctly.
In device explorer it show the Mbar. When i click on Mbar it tells me device is not recognized.

Any info on what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Stan
Stan,
Take a look in the Devices directory and make sure you have MBAR.BIN.

Wayne
Old 05-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Mi-25

Ray,

I'm not a Jeti team member or anything like that, just a very satisfied Jeti owner that happens to enjoy discussing pretty much any sort of model setup issues.
Well Wayne - I agree with Ray. You should be. All the correspondence I've had with you in the past is usually very helpful and SPOT ON!
thanks a lot for all your assistance..
Leon

Last edited by Mi-25; 05-31-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM
tucson

Stan,
Take a look in the Devices directory and make sure you have MBAR.BIN.

Wayne
You are correct Wayne. I checked the Devices directory and there is no MBAR.BIN.

Do you know where I can find that file to download? I would prefer to not download the 4.0 version. What do you think?

Thanks,
Stan
Old 05-31-2016, 03:41 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Mi-25
Well Wayne - I agree with Ray. You should be. All the correspondence I've had with you in the past is usually very helpful and SPOT ON!
thanks a lot for all your assistance..
Leon
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I'm just glad to be able to help. Still, a hat or a tee shirt might be kind of cool
Old 05-31-2016, 03:45 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by tucson
You are correct Wayne. I checked the Devices directory and there is no MBAR.BIN.

Do you know where I can find that file to download? I would prefer to not download the 4.0 version. What do you think?

Thanks,
Stan
Stan,

If you go to the Esprit upgrades area http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx and copy the V3.02 upgrade to your computer you should be able to unzip it to the directory of your choice and copy any missing .BIN files from the Devices directory to the Devices directory on your transmitter.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM
tucson

Stan,

If you go to the Esprit upgrades area http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-firmware-updates.aspx and copy the V3.02 upgrade to your computer you should be able to unzip it to the directory of your choice and copy any missing .BIN files from the Devices directory to the Devices directory on your transmitter.
GREAT WAYNE,
I think you deserve two hats and two Tee shirts :-))
You are a great asset to this thread.
Thanks again,
Stan
Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 AM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

All,

I have an R5Light and when setting up in a plane the 5th channel just twitches the servo. I use my servo tester and the servo works. I have also plugged another servo into the 5th position and it does the same. There is no contact to the servo from the receiver at all.

I tried a different receiver and all worked so its the receiver for sure.

Is there something I can do with the receiver to correct this?

Thanks
Scott

Last edited by csandt051196; 06-01-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:37 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by csandt051196
All,

I have an R5Light and when setting up in a plane the 5th channel just twitches the servo. I use my servo tester and the servo works. I have also plugged another servo into the 5th position and it does the same. There is no contact to the servo from the receiver at all.

I tried a different receiver and all worked so its the receiver for sure.

Is there something I can do with the receiver to correct this?

Thanks
Scott
About the only thing I can think of to try is to go into device explorer, access the R5L and make sure that Serial Link is set to "JETIBOX & Servo". If Serial Link i set to PPM or UDI then you can't connect a servo to port 5. If Serial Link is set correctly check Alternate Pin config to make sure all ports are set to Servo. If all that looks OK, try Reset to factory defaults.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About the only thing I can think of to try is to go into device explorer, access the R5L and make sure that Serial Link is set to "JETIBOX & Servo". If Serial Link i set to PPM or UDI then you can't connect a servo to port 5. If Serial Link is set correctly check Alternate Pin config to make sure all ports are set to Servo. If all that looks OK, try Reset to factory defaults.

after you check what Wayne suggested, then try to Slow the servo speed down to 20ms or slower and try that.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Ray Millington

Hi Wayne,
Many thanks for your input on this site which in my opinion is priceless (and LA guy and Goose 22).
Your help has made the Jeti learning curve less steep ,
Wayne if you ever go to Jetpower i will buy you dinner,10 of us go every year.
Wayne with regard to the button switches ,i decided not to fit them in the rear tx case as someone mentioned that fitting them there may change the wave form,that scared me somewhat ?
So i replaced switches sa and sh with the button switches.
Now this may well offend the purists amongst us but this is what i use them for.
I think one of the best manoeuvres done well is the single long slow roll down the centre of the runway,
I find that using the button switch and the Snap roll function to give me an adjustable precise amount of Aileron deflection improves my timing when doing this manoeuvre because i know when i press the button i am going to get the exact Aileron deflection each time ,i hope that makes sense,
Me and my mates are club flyers and we all love this hobby and flying our jets is the tops so to this end
I don't see anything wrong with using the technology built into the 16 DS to achieve this manoeuvre,
I do of course also use the Aileron stick as well to practice the slow roll,
Wayne have you seen the latest Jeti/USA video of a pressure switch operarating the retracts automatically
looks neat you can for example set the switch to operate at 50ft and the gear will retract presumably the gear will come down at a predetermined value,
Sounds good but i was wondering what if you wanted to do a low pass could you prevent the gear from coming down with a switch?
Somehow if you have to do that it defeats the object ?
best regards Ray.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:27 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi Wayne,
Many thanks for your input on this site which in my opinion is priceless (and LA guy and Goose 22).
Your help has made the Jeti learning curve less steep ,
Wayne if you ever go to Jetpower i will buy you dinner,10 of us go every year.
Wayne with regard to the button switches ,i decided not to fit them in the rear tx case as someone mentioned that fitting them there may change the wave form,that scared me somewhat ?
So i replaced switches sa and sh with the button switches.
Now this may well offend the purists amongst us but this is what i use them for.
I think one of the best manoeuvres done well is the single long slow roll down the centre of the runway,
I find that using the button switch and the Snap roll function to give me an adjustable precise amount of Aileron deflection improves my timing when doing this manoeuvre because i know when i press the button i am going to get the exact Aileron deflection each time ,i hope that makes sense,
Me and my mates are club flyers and we all love this hobby and flying our jets is the tops so to this end
I don't see anything wrong with using the technology built into the 16 DS to achieve this manoeuvre,
I do of course also use the Aileron stick as well to practice the slow roll,
Wayne have you seen the latest Jeti/USA video of a pressure switch operarating the retracts automatically
looks neat you can for example set the switch to operate at 50ft and the gear will retract presumably the gear will come down at a predetermined value,
Sounds good but i was wondering what if you wanted to do a low pass could you prevent the gear from coming down with a switch?
best regards Ray.
Hi Ray,

I tend to only travel mainly to events in the north east but I did make it to Florida Jets this year. If we are at the same event sometime it would be great to meet in person. It's always good to put a face to a name..

As for the use of push buttons, etc, or using transmitter features to make certain maneuvers easier, this is a hobby and it's all about having a good time flying your models so anything that you feel makes you happy sounds like a great idea to me.

I have seen the video where they have the landing gear automatically deploy based on altitude. While it is a great example of the types of things that can be done with Jeti as you mentioned, it might not be so great on a low slow roll or knife edge pass, etc. Still, as long as you think it through and feel it could be useful for the type of flying your do then great.

While I personally prefer to control my gear on a switch I have the MBAR pressure sensor in my Jets and use it to create a landing gear failsafe function. I have it set so that when gear pressure drops below 40PSI it automatically drops the gear and prevents it from being retracted again.. Works very well and should I ever develop a slow air leak it could prevent a gear up landing.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
best regards Ray.
It's actually very simple, just assign the ON/OFF switch in the Telemetry Control to one of the Flight Modes, landing mode = Automatic Gear active. Or use Logical Switch, flaps full down = Automatic Gear active.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 06-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Hi Ray,

I tend to only travel mainly to events in the north east but I did make it to Florida Jets this year. If we are at the same event sometime it would be great to meet in person. It's always good to put a face to a name..

As for the use of push buttons, etc, or using transmitter features to make certain maneuvers easier, this is a hobby and it's all about having a good time flying your models so anything that you feel makes you happy sounds like a great idea to me.

I have seen the video where they have the landing gear automatically deploy based on altitude. While it is a great example of the types of things that can be done with Jeti as you mentioned, it might not be so great on a low slow roll or knife edge pass, etc. Still, as long as you think it through and feel it could be useful for the type of flying your do then great.

While I personally prefer to control my gear on a switch I have the MBAR pressure sensor in my Jets and use it to create a landing gear failsafe function. I have it set so that when gear pressure drops below 40PSI it automatically drops the gear and prevents it from being retracted again.. Works very well and should I ever develop a slow air leak it could prevent a gear up landing.
How do you setup the fail safe using the mbar? I already have the mbar installed but what other programming do I need to do to get the gear to drop at the 40 psi?
Old 06-05-2016, 04:39 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Gary Jefferson
How do you setup the fail safe using the mbar? I already have the mbar installed but what other programming do I need to do to get the gear to drop at the 40 psi?
I think someone may have already posted some of the details earlier in the thread but the basic idea is that you use the Telemetry Controls Function, select Pressure as the sensor and tell it to act as a switch.
For example;
Assign a Label such as GearFS and selecct enabled.
set
Sensor - Pressure [kPa]
Type of control - Switch
Condition X > 275.8 +/- 27.6 kPa (40PSI)
Default - -100% Switch Sb (my gear switch).
This will give a telemetry control switch Mx1 (Mx2, etc, depending on what other controls you have assigned) that you can use to drop your gear if Pressure drops below the pressure defined in Mx1.

Hopefully that is enough to get you going.

Last edited by wfield0455; 06-05-2016 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by Gary Jefferson
Have a look here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mq18yw1rph...0Demo.mov?dl=0

or this from LaJetguy:
Hi Dean,

Instead of internal screen shots, I have taken pictures of the screens on my transmitter... the concept is very simple..

First you setup a telemetry function (MX1).. in that screen you can state the mini air pressure you want the retract to deploy.

Second you setup a logic switch (L2.. in my system L1 is used).. You related the retract switch (Sb in my system) with the telemetry function you created above (MX1)... make sure MX1 when selected is "reversed"

Third in Function Assignment ..change the retract switch to the new Logical switch you created above...

Thats all...

Enjoy....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1920.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	2165893   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1921.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2165894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1922.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2165895  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.