Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 04:07 AM
merlin6161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wayne, I appreciate your reply, thank you. I agree I think the CB200 may be a little over the top for what I want and I'll stick with the R14/Rsat set up. Using A123s with the CB would have been a neat solution too but I have JR servos all round and I know 6v and JR are not recommended, I know people that have had problems doing that as well.
I have been using the R14/RSat set up before in Dual path but seem to recall reading that it may be better to set them up in Clone mode. Would you agree or is it still down to personal preference?
Old 07-15-2016, 06:21 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by merlin6161
Wayne, I appreciate your reply, thank you. I agree I think the CB200 may be a little over the top for what I want and I'll stick with the R14/Rsat set up. Using A123s with the CB would have been a neat solution too but I have JR servos all round and I know 6v and JR are not recommended, I know people that have had problems doing that as well.
I have been using the R14/RSat set up before in Dual path but seem to recall reading that it may be better to set them up in Clone mode. Would you agree or is it still down to personal preference?
Not sure which JR servo you are using but I use JR8411, JR 8611A and JR8711s and all rated for 6V operation. I'm not aware of any JR servos imported into the US that aren't rated for 6V operation.

As for dual path vs clone mode that will largely depend on if you wish to use this model with the trainer interface. Using Teacher Student mode requires the use of 1 of the transmitters RF sections meaning that it can't do Teacher Student AND dual path at the same time. The only reason I ever use Clone mode is if I plan to use that model for training and even then, if the model isn't large (50cc gas airplane or smaller) I simply use a single receiver.

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-15-2016 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:46 AM
merlin6161

I will be using 8411s. It's all a bit confusing as many people use these on 6v no problem. JR, I believe, say it's ok but Horizon don't. Jet guru's in the UK say don't use any JR servos at 6v . In any case I think I will be using the R14/rRsat with the PB sensor switch so it won't be an issue. I wanted to explore the CB200 option in case there were benefits for this type of model but as Wayne has said I now think it would be a bit OTT.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:50 AM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bvm bandit mkii, bobcat, and ultra flash all use JR servos. In fact I almost exclusively use JR servos and have no problems running them directly from A123 2S packs. Years of operation and hundreds of flights. There is no problem using 6V with JR servos. I plug the A123 2S directly to an R14.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:46 AM
finewayne

Pros : the gimbal and switch function assignment flexibility
Old 07-22-2016, 06:53 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have got the xicoy telemetry adapter working. I added jetibox to the front display screen to see the emulation of the data terminal, but each time I switch on I have to go to the jetibox emulator itself and navigate it to the Mx turbine screen so that it then shows on the main display. Is there any way of avoiding that step each time, I am guessing not but somebody might have worked out a neat trick!
Old 07-22-2016, 07:43 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryC
I have got the xicoy telemetry adapter working. I added jetibox to the front display screen to see the emulation of the data terminal, but each time I switch on I have to go to the jetibox emulator itself and navigate it to the Mx turbine screen so that it then shows on the main display. Is there any way of avoiding that step each time, I am guessing not but somebody might have worked out a neat trick!
Just hit the "ESC" button and the nav buttons will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Jeti USA

The pdf. Manual for Jeti DS/DC-24 has been published, you can download it from one of our web sites.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=dc-24

More information (links):
* Jeti Duplex DC/DS-24 Instruction Manual (.pdf)

Last edited by Jeti USA; 07-23-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:24 AM
2FAS
My Feedback: (5)

Good morning Jeti experts, I just discovered that will in wireless trainer mode the butterfly/crow function doesn't work on the student transmitter. It works from the teacher transmitter even if the student is in control. I'm using DS-14 and DS-16 transmitters. Also the student can't kill the turbine with the trim low function. Is this normal or did I not setup something correctly?

Thanks,

2FAS
Old 07-25-2016, 04:38 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by 2FAS
Good morning Jeti experts, I just discovered that will in wireless trainer mode the butterfly/crow function doesn't work on the student transmitter. It works from the teacher transmitter even if the student is in control. I'm using DS-14 and DS-16 transmitters. Also the student can't kill the turbine with the trim low function. Is this normal or did I not setup something correctly?

Thanks,

2FAS
For the throttle, did you verify that the student transmitter can provide the same pulse width range as the teacher transmitter which the ECU has learned as the STOP condition ?

For the Butterfly, I've never used it with Teacher student mode but as I recall, I had to use emulated controls in the teacher student setup to get gear and flaps working for the student transmitter.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:35 AM
2FAS

Wayne, I will check that. The throttle is working correctly for the student. It's the trim down that's not. The gear and flaps are working correctly. It seems as though certain flight modes are not allowed for student (not sure of that).

Thanks for for the feedback.

Last edited by 2FAS; 07-25-2016 at 05:37 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-25-2016, 06:00 AM
2FAS

I just read in the manual and it indicates that while a transmitter is in student mode all advanced features, dual rates and mixes are disabled . Ok is there another way to create crow for a student?

thanks,

2FAS
Old 07-25-2016, 06:34 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by 2FAS
I just read in the manual and it indicates that while a transmitter is in student mode all advanced features, dual rates and mixes are disabled . Ok is there another way to create crow for a student?

thanks,

2FAS
Apparently you didn't read far enough :^) Again, I think you need to use emulated controls...
From the manual:

The Trainer Mode allows you to directly assign an arbitrary
control (switch, stick, even a logical switch) which will be
emulated for further use in the student's or teacher's
transmitter. The list of emulated inputs is located at the bottom
of the Function list. The behaviour depends on the mode
setting of transmitter:
1) Student mode. Here you can simply assign an arbitrary
control which will directly output its position/value to a
defined channel of the student's transmitter. In the picture,
the proportional control P8 is assigned to the seventh
channel. You can disable the output by un-checking the
"Enabled" button.
2) Teacher mode. Here you can decide which controls will
be emulated by any of the student's channels. At the
moment the student takes control of the model, the values
of these controls are fully overwritten by the values of the
appropriate student's channel. In the picture you can see
that channel seven emulates the proportional control P8
and thus all functions that rely on this control knob. With
this option, the student may switch the flight modes,
operate the Butterfly function directly etc.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:52 AM
2FAS

Thanks Wayne I will play with those options.

2FAS
Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
The pdf. Manual for Jeti DS/DC-24 has been published, you can download it from one of our web sites.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=dc-24

More information (links):
* Jeti Duplex DC/DS-24 Instruction Manual (.pdf)
Just got the first batch in yesterday and shipped them out today. Very impressive piece of kit. You can even listen to FM radio on it! The haptic feedback works well even for a thumbs flier like me, and even with gloves on. You just adjust the setting.
You can add model pictures if, in your dottage, your memory fail to advise you what your model looks like!
The transmitter come packaged with a 900 mHz Rsat receiver.
Sadly there where none left over for me, so I must wait until Jeti comes back from Holiday.
John
www.jettstreamuk.co.uk
Old 08-11-2016, 12:29 AM
merlin6161

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a Jeti TF module in a Futaba 9C as a buddy box wirelessly connected to a ds16 in wireless trainer mode? If so what are the steps to pair the two transmitters?
Old 08-11-2016, 04:03 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

It's covered in the manual, at least for buddy boxing DS/DCs. Don't know what effect it has that you are using a module in the Futaba. One thing to be aware of is that you lose dual path in buddy box. If you have two rx in the model then you need to change one of them to clone mode and bind both rx to just the one tx module because the other Tx module is used for the buddy connection. It's a situation where I would prefer a wire connection and keep dual path, partly because its better and partly because swapping the second rx between clone and normal mode is a faff esp if you have to keep doing it.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Jeti USA

We would like to announce that August 22, 2016 at 2:00 EST the Federal Communication Commission and Industry Canada, Granted Equipment Authorization (FCC), and Certificate of Acceptance (IC) to Jeti USA (Esprit Model Inc.) for Duplex DC-24 Radio System.
Radios are scheduled to start shipping later this and early next week.

Zb/Jeti USA

Old 08-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
On Jeti receivers the antenna has a 25mm (approx) Yellow covered end section,
Is this the the only part of the antenna that is receiving the signals?
Does this Yellow section need to be outside the model?
I ask because i am setting up an F3B composite glider that has Carbon ballast tubes ,Carbon push rods,and Carbon reinforcing.
Is it ok to run the Antenna alongside Carbon?
Does anyone have any experience using Jeti in these types of Gliders?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Ray.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:41 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi All,
On Jeti receivers the antenna has a 25mm (approx) Yellow covered end section,
Is this the the only part of the antenna that is receiving the signals?
Does this Yellow section need to be outside the model?
I ask because i am setting up an F3B composite glider that has Carbon ballast tubes ,Carbon push rods,and Carbon reinforcing.
Is it ok to run the Antenna alongside Carbon?
Does anyone have any experience using Jeti in these types of Gliders?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Ray.
Ray,

Yes, the yellow tip is the active portion of the antenna. Carbon can cause reception issues and I certainly wouldn't place an antenna directly on a strip of carbon reinforcement but In my Jets I have run it fairly close to to such reinforcements without problems. Basically you need to visualize where the antenna will be in relation to the carbon and your transmitter while the airplane is in various flight orientations. If you feel the carbon will often come between the transmitter and your antennas so that it could "shadow" both antennas in flight, then that is probably not a good location for the antennas. Using dual path (or clone mode) and having another set of antennas helps with this issue. Place everything the best you can and make a test flight at fairly short range and check your flight log to see how things appear to be working. If you feel that having the antennas outside the air-frame will help that is an option as well but even then, if you rotate a big chunk of carbon between the transmitter and antenna you can still have issues.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:35 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default set up of gear failsafe using sequencer

Hi Guys, I have a couple of jets set up with a gear failsafe using the Jeti pressure sensor and a Logical switch combined with a MX control. Works great.

I'm having a challenge right now to set up a 3rd jet. This one uses the sequencer to control the gear and doors. How do I set the Mx control and Logical switch to trigger the sequencer as opposed to triggering just the gear or the doors? I seem to be missing something here.

Thanks

Mike
Old 08-28-2016, 04:54 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Hi Guys, I have a couple of jets set up with a gear failsafe using the Jeti pressure sensor and a Logical switch combined with a MX control. Works great.

I'm having a challenge right now to set up a 3rd jet. This one uses the sequencer to control the gear and doors. How do I set the Mx control and Logical switch to trigger the sequencer as opposed to triggering just the gear or the doors? I seem to be missing something here.

Thanks

Mike
Just plug the gear sequencer into the gear channel and assign your logical switch directly to the gear channel... No Jeti sequencer required. All other Jeti setup should be the same..

Edit: my bad. Didnt read carefully and thought you wanted to use a sequencer in the plane not the DS16 sequencer. In that case don't assign logical switch to gear channel. Assign logical switch to gear sequencer and door sequencer. Adding gear and door channels as overwrite channels in sequencer. Sorry for the confusion..

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-28-2016 at 06:17 AM. Reason: didnt read closely enough before replying..
Old 08-28-2016, 06:10 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

I assume you are trying to use JETI sequencer, not an onboard one?

I have mine so the trigger for gear up is a logical switch press AND switch up. This results in a "check" for up and an "x" for down. I have this selected as the switch for the sequencers. Here's where I was stuck... In order to get it run the sequencer correctly, which was also tied to my flight modes to activate my NWS and nose gyro AFTER my gear was down, I had to reverse logical switch when selecting it in the sequencer menu.

Cheers

Thanks

Mike
Old 08-28-2016, 09:49 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, thanks guys, yes, I should have been more clear, I'm using the Jeti build in sequencer, not an external one. I guess I missed the option to assign the logical switch to the sequencer as opposed to just the gear switch. Maybe I didn't scroll through the options far enough. I'll take another look at and see if I can get it happening.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2016, 10:02 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

No prob. Any time you assign a switch, you have the option of a switch, logical switch, telemetry control, etc...

Good luck!

Ok, thanks guys, yes, I should have been more clear, I'm using the Jeti build in sequencer, not an external one. I guess I missed the option to assign the logical switch to the sequencer as opposed to just the gear switch. Maybe I didn't scroll through the options far enough. I'll take another look at and see if I can get it happening.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.