Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 12-21-2016, 07:35 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
I'm thinking about buying a V10 ECU, and a Xicoy telemetry adaptor for one of my engines... and I have a question...

Do I have to buy the small "Data Analyzer" to adjust the adaptor... or will a standard (servo wire type) terminal work?

I'm just trying to save a few $$$. (spent way too much converting to Jeti already)

Thanks
Hey Tony, I thought I replied to this earlier this afternoon but looks like it didn't go through.
The standard terminal will work. The data analyzer is just a small version of it.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:38 PM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Everything mentioned in my original post is for the DS-16.

Not sure what the LUA stuff does as I have not played with it. Yet. However, my guess is that the automatic Teacher/Student switching app is based on this: http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...r-and-Student/ which uses a bunch of logical switches to allow the teacher to take over the student simply by moving the control sticks. The LUA app probably does the same without or at least far fewer logical switches.

...jim
So after trying the app it doesn't work. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to set up all the logical switches etc. when setting up the student/teacher with the ds16 the switch I select the new app as the switch. When moving the stick on the DS 6 nothing happened. I will continue to test and see what I can find.

EDIT:

Okay man I am a dummy! it does work. After you install the app make sure its turned on in the TX by going to Applications under the main menu. after that go to Wireless modes/Trainers. Set the mode to Teacher in the main TX. Now pair the primary RX to the TX. Then pair the secondary TX to the other Jeti TX or RX being used by another brand TX. Next go to Trainer Switch and select apps and choose T/S Trainer Switch. Save and back out. The last step is to go back to Advanced Properties and scroll down to Auto TrainSwitch. Select Switch and apply a spring loaded two position switch/ or something alike. Once switched (+100) the student will have control. Once the Teacher hits the a stick students doesn't have control anymore (The switch goes back to -100 reset). click the switch again for the student to regain control again.

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 12-21-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Hey Tony, I thought I replied to this earlier this afternoon but looks like it didn't go through.
The standard terminal will work. The data analyzer is just a small version of it.
This site has been goofy lately.

Thanks for the heads up on that. BUT... I found another route......

I had sent an email to Gaspar, but I wasn't sure if he would get it because of the holidays. But I did get a response this morning. He said... his new "Flight Computer" can be sent with the old style data connector. AND, it has an output for Jeti telemetry directly. Not to mention... it records data, has a G-meter built into it, has verio/Baro built into it... and it's a "Modern" data terminal that works with my old engines. Then... top that off with the fact that it's at least $60 less than buying a V10, Telemetry Dongle, and data terminal.... it made it the easy choice. Oh... and I can just mount it on Velcro, and move it between my engine with old ECU's.

Anyway... I'll post up some pics once it shows up.

FYI... I'm really likening this Jeti radio, and all the features it has.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:14 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
This site has been goofy lately.

Thanks for the heads up on that. BUT... I found another route......

I had sent an email to Gaspar, but I wasn't sure if he would get it because of the holidays. But I did get a response this morning. He said... his new "Flight Computer" can be sent with the old style data connector. AND, it has an output for Jeti telemetry directly. Not to mention... it records data, has a G-meter built into it, has verio/Baro built into it... and it's a "Modern" data terminal that works with my old engines. Then... top that off with the fact that it's at least $60 less than buying a V10, Telemetry Dongle, and data terminal.... it made it the easy choice. Oh... and I can just mount it on Velcro, and move it between my engine with old ECU's.

Anyway... I'll post up some pics once it shows up.

FYI... I'm really likening this Jeti radio, and all the features it has.

I've got one of the Xicoy Flight Computers and it's very nice. Unfortunately it won't work with the new Kingtech ECUs that now come with all the Kingtech turbines. One other issue that maya be worth pointing out is the fuel gauge has a restriction that dramatically limits it's value in that there is no way to reset it, short of adding a switch, etc to power cycle the Flight computer. For example, you start up and are waiting to take off at a jet rally connected to a taxi tank. By the time you disconnect the taxi tank and take off you may only be reading 1/2 tank of fuel remaining and the only way to reset it back to full is to power cycle the FC1. I added RC controlled switch in the power line to the FC1 to deal with this but it would be nice if Gaspar updated the software to deal with this issue without resorting to the user having to add hardware to each plane..
Old 12-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Jeti USA

Just for your info the new Mflow2 and MFlow 3000 will have full EXBus interface with remote fuel reset. Both are expected in January.

We will be selling electronics separately for old Mflow sensors as well if somebody would like to update old unit.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 12-24-2016, 04:22 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys
I have been tinkering on behalf of a friend with the Jeti MSPEED sensor. This is for him to use to report airspeed on his first scale jet so as to not let him slow it down too much wile on landing approach. Although my friend has limited model jet experience he is a very experienced full size jet pilot and feels this is essential information.

Getting the Tx-Rx to run the sensor and report via voice was fairly straight forward but I/we are not very happy with the way/what it announces.
The announcement is far too long winded and I am told not at all like full size. We do not need to know its Knots, MPH or MS, we already know that we just need the whole numbers .
Any idea how this could be modified, I do not mine generating (or editing?) the announcements but not sure were to put them?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 12-24-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:10 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Hi Guys
I have been tinkering on behalf of a friend with the Jeti MSPEED sensor. This is for him to use to report airspeed on his first scale jet so as to not let him slow it down too much wile on landing approach. Although my friend has limited model jet experience he is a very experienced full size jet pilot and feels this is essential information.

Getting the Tx-Rx to run the sensor and report via voice was fairly straight forward but I/we are not very happy with the way/what it announces.
The announcement is far too long winded and I am told not at all like full size. We do not need to know its Knots, MPH or MS, we already know that we just need the whole numbers .
Any idea how this could be modified, I do not mine generating (or editing?) the announcements but not sure were to put them?
Forget the voice announcements, all that jibber rabber while trying to land will drive you nuts. I use the vario function in the transmitter and it produces a falling tone if I'm too slow and a rising tone if I'm too fast. When the approach speed is ideal it remains completely silent.
Old 12-24-2016, 05:50 AM
Mark Vandervelden

"Forget the voice announcements, all that jibber rabber while trying to land will drive you nuts. I use the vario function in the transmitter and it produces a falling tone if I'm too slow and a rising tone if I'm too fast. When the approach speed is ideal it remains completely silent."

Thank you Wayne, that sounds like a good idear I will look into it and suggest it to him.

Meanwhile im trying to get the MSPEED to work on a Jeti Box Profi via a stand alone R-Sat as my friend unfortunately uses Futaba :-(
This jet is being flown on its early flight with my Jeti Tx useing 2x R-Sats via a PB Cockpit SRS but when its handed over he will use 2x Futaba S-Bus RXs.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 12-24-2016 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:47 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just record your own WAV files "one hundred" "ninety" "eighty" etc and set these to the actual alarm figure when reached. Also put the whole lot on a master switch to turn it off if it becomes annoying. You can tell the tx how many times to repeat the warning too.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:12 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Just for your info the new Mflow2 and MFlow 3000 will have full EXBus interface with remote fuel reset. Both are expected in January.

We will be selling electronics separately for old Mflow sensors as well if somebody would like to update old unit.

Zb/Jeti USA
That is good news. I sat with the Jeti guys over a year ago and explained why we needed the reset function to be a one touch affair. One question, what is the difference between the two coming units?
John
Old 12-27-2016, 11:56 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Originally Posted by philjac94
Just record your own WAV files "one hundred" "ninety" "eighty" etc and set these to the actual alarm figure when reached. Also put the whole lot on a master switch to turn it off if it becomes annoying. You can tell the tx how many times to repeat the warning too.

Hi philjac
This was my first thought but the path from the Jeti MSPEED telemetry to the sound file within the Tx is not clear.
On other events voice announcements are, your given a choice from the files available and you simply pick one.
With the MSPEED you do not seem to be able to "pick or edit, its kind of a job lot like with the timer count down.
Im sure we can, just not 100% sure how?
Old 12-28-2016, 01:16 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Forget the voice announcements, all that jibber rabber while trying to land will drive you nuts. I use the vario function in the transmitter and it produces a falling tone if I'm too slow and a rising tone if I'm too fast. When the approach speed is ideal it remains completely silent.
Slight hicup with useing Vario on my DS14, it dosant have it!.
I have ordered it as an add on from the Jeti site at 12 euros, should be availabel for me to download after the Xmas holls.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:24 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Slight hicup with useing Vario on my DS14, it dosant have it!.
I have ordered it as an add on from the Jeti site at 12 euros, should be availabel for me to download after the Xmas holls.

When you get the vario function it has it has a separate volume control from other sounds which I believe can be adjusted in one of the system menus. I would suggested turning the vario tone to a fairluy low volume when using it to provide feedback for approach speed as it can be quite distracting while trying to land. The vario function will also need to be configured with a center value low and high limits, etc. What I did was fly the airplane at altitude and keep slowing down until the airplane stalls and note the stall speed and use that to determine the appropriate settings for the vario. It will take a couple of flights to get everything sorted but once properly setup it works really well.

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-28-2016 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:30 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeti Flameout Alarm

Here is how I configured a flameout alarm for us turbine jockies.

This alarm will only be active after the turbine has started (or fails to start.) I didn't want it announcing a flameout right after turning the jet on or after shutting the turbine down.

It uses the throttle cut switch, two telemetry controls, a logical switch, a sequencer and, of course, a sound on event.

It also requires telemetry from your ECU back to the TX, in particular the pump voltage.

I use the throttle cut switch instead of trim buttons to handle the ECU trim function to start and stop the turbine.

Here's the logic:

When the throttle cut switch is moved to the turbine run position, it activates the "pump on" telemetry control. This control waits for the pump voltage to increase past 0.2 volts. When it does, it activates the sequencer which waits for three seconds then activates the "pump off" telemetry control. This control then waits for the pump voltage to drop below 0.2 volts. If it does, and the throttle cut switch is still in the turbine run position, the we've had a flameout: Play the alarm. If the throttle cut switch is in the turbine off position, then a shut down has been commanded: No need to play the alarm.

The screenshots below should be self explanitory.

And here's a link to my custom flameout alarm sound file. Yes, I did make it loud. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Askmi-GpbnHliLEQq506s2hMJMSjqg

Have fun!
...jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen000.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	2194642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	2194643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	2194644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	2194645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen004.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2194646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen005.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	2194647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen006.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	2194648  
Old 12-28-2016, 10:31 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I had been working on a flameout alarm using the MFlow sensor, but this seems straightforward.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:33 AM
wfield0455

Jim,

I think the same thing can be accomplished with a single telemetry control of EGT being greater than 250C enabled by your throttle cut switch being in the turbine run position and a single alarm of PumpV
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen000.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	2194822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2194823  

Last edited by wfield0455; 12-29-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:50 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I use a MUI 30 to read the pump current to give me a flameout alarm. It doesn't need logical switches and sequencer. I have simply set it to alarm if current is below 0.5A. I am not sure why but it does not alarm when the system is switched on prior to engine start, it only alarms after a shut down. It does of course alarm when I shut the engine down after a flight but that doesn't bother me and it saves on the programming!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:04 AM
JSF-TC

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

With the release of the LUA programming capability to the DS/DC-16, I have written an app which converts the Xicoy ECU Fuel Remaining from % to an actual quantity, to set a switch to speak the quanity and to trigger multiple alarms.

The converted fuel remaining can be displayed on the Tx screen in either ml or floz, and if you change the units all the alarm settings and tank quantity change over to the new units.

The number of alarms can be set by the user, along with the ability for the actual fuel quantity to be spoken after the alarm.

I have checked this on a DS-16, so hopefully it will work on the -24 also.

The app can be downloaded from the link below;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbhik2ar9n...0v0.7.lua?dl=0

The app is use at your own risk - comments welcome.

Paul

Last edited by JSF-TC; 12-29-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Updated Dropbox link
Old 12-29-2016, 07:39 PM
JSF-TC

Here's another Jeti LUA app to calculate updated Xicoy Pump Factors to get an accurate fuel quantity out of the Xicoy ECUs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvgxxdrq13...0.2.1.lua?dl=0

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Screen012.bmp (9.4 KB, 513 views)

Last edited by JSF-TC; 12-30-2016 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Updated file to v0.2.1
Old 12-29-2016, 10:56 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Here's another Jeti LUA app to calculate updated Xicoy Pump Factors to get an accurate fuel quantity out of the Xicoy ECUs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh62zqff0v...0v0.2.lua?dl=0

Paul
How are you making apps so fast man I am want to make some lol
Old 12-30-2016, 06:10 AM
JSF-TC

Oh, the first one was painful as I was struggling to teach myself programming in LUA. Stumbling around in the dark.

The second one was relatively easy.

I can't think of any more jet related apps right now, so back to building.

Paul
Old 12-30-2016, 07:43 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by HarryC
I use a MUI 30 to read the pump current to give me a flameout alarm. It doesn't need logical switches and sequencer. I have simply set it to alarm if current is below 0.5A. I am not sure why but it does not alarm when the system is switched on prior to engine start, it only alarms after a shut down. It does of course alarm when I shut the engine down after a flight but that doesn't bother me and it saves on the programming!
I was thinking about that too. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:12 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Oh, the first one was painful as I was struggling to teach myself programming in LUA. Stumbling around in the dark.

The second one was relatively easy.

I can't think of any more jet related apps right now, so back to building.

Paul
Lol im right there with you. I hope soon I can get it figured out to start playing around with it.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I just got this announcement in an email from Esprit tech: Jeti Model is Introducing Brand New Line of Rex Receivers with Assist Stabilization, Full Device Explorer Integration, Wireless Programming & Data Telemetry

Can you Jeti experts tell us what this is all about? Is this their version of the Cortex/I gyro?

Thanks,

Craig
Old 02-03-2017, 06:53 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
I just got this announcement in an email from Esprit tech: Jeti Model is Introducing Brand New Line of Rex Receivers with Assist Stabilization, Full Device Explorer Integration, Wireless Programming & Data Telemetry

Can you Jeti experts tell us what this is all about? Is this their version of the Cortex/I gyro?

Thanks,

Craig
First announced at the Nuremberg show way back in 2014! Jeti will make "Assist" as standalone stabilisation systems and also integrated into some receivers. Because they are EX bus they are fully programmable from the Jeti Tx. It is not just a 3 Axis gyro, it is 3 axis accelerometers, magnetometer. The telemetry data seems to surpass anything I have seen from anyone else. The receivers with assist should be on sale in a few months, there is no date yet for the standalone versions. For some flavour of the Tx integration and capabilities see https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2017/02/...017-whats-new/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.