Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:00 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
I just got this announcement in an email from Esprit tech: Jeti Model is Introducing Brand New Line of Rex Receivers with Assist Stabilization, Full Device Explorer Integration, Wireless Programming & Data Telemetry

Can you Jeti experts tell us what this is all about? Is this their version of the Cortex/I gyro?

Thanks,

Craig
Actually it would be a receiver with their own gyro and some other stuff built in so instead of a separate receiver and Cortex or iGyro you could get the same function using a single REX/Assist unit. I believe I heard they are also planning to offer a stand alone Assit unit (no receiver) that could be connected between the RStat/R3s used with a Central Box 200/400 that would be able to stabilize all 24 channels which would have similar functionality to the Cortex Pro. They've been talking about these for a while now so hopefully they will actually release them soon. Still, Jeti is a small company with limited engineering resources so we may need to be patient as they have a number of products they've been working on..

Last edited by wfield0455; 02-03-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:49 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bet you're glad you went with Jeti in the end Harry.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:17 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by madmodelman
Bet you're glad you went with Jeti in the end Harry.
Very! It's not just a transmitter and receiver, it's a total system and totally integrated because of the Tx's two way comms with on board devices.

Last edited by HarryC; 02-03-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:12 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The impression I got is that Jeti are serious about relasing the Assist Rx's this year now, Possibly before the DS24. Unfortunately I only got to Nurnberg on the last day and all the Jeti guys left on the Sunday, so not from the horses mouth, so to speak. However, I think we may have to wait a bit longer for the stand along Assist device though.
Very poor show at Nurnberg this year. 50% of the stands were selling drones, all Chinese and as a German guy put it, copies of copies of copies!

John
Old 03-02-2017, 06:46 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys... I just received my new Jeti DS16 and working on some test model setups and converting from Spektrum. I've figured out most configs for my gas planes, but have a question regarding nose wheel trim for my jets. I was able to figure out how to turn off nose wheel steering when gear is retracted, but was wondering how others might setup nose wheel trim. on the DX18, there's a small digital trim button I use to adjust if needed. on the DS16, not sure. do most just go into servo setup and adjust sub-trim?
Old 03-02-2017, 06:55 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
but have a question regarding nose wheel trim for my jets. I was able to figure out how to turn off nose wheel steering when gear is retracted, but was wondering how others might setup nose wheel trim.
Since rudder trim isn't really needed without the wash off the prop, I disable it from rudder and use it on the nosewheel. Create a new function called steering, assign it to the same stick as the rudder, assign the nosewheel servo to steering. Then in the trims menu you can remove trim from the rudder function and add trim to the steering function.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:08 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi rbgetz
I agree with Harry, rudder trim is redundant and only use that trim function on the nose wheel alone. On my Jetlegend PNP air frames the on board controller they come with isolates and then set the nose wheel to neutral wile the gear is retracted but this is very easy to achieve on the Jeti Tx it self.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 03-02-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my jets I use the left rotary dial and assign that to nose wheel trim. Then I sometimes change the trim step settings to adjust the amount of sensitivity the trim movement has. This allows me to make small steering adjustments as i taxi out.

Don
Old 03-02-2017, 07:47 AM
rbgetz

Wow.. brilliant... great advise guys. regarding the rudder trim, sometimes the obvious is right in front of you, but you just don't see it. makes sense.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get the momentary spring to center switch and put it on my left side SE location and set a program to control steering trim from that switch.

Nice part about it is that it does not ever change. Dial works good but if its bumped or moved then you always have to adjust.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Don Perry

True, but in my experience no matter how good you are at building and set ups. if you have multiple airplanes you fly they all need a slight adjustment some times in either direction.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True, The nice thing is that we have so many options for setup of these radios...
Old 03-02-2017, 09:51 AM
Don Perry

Absolutely! always mote than one way to do something.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I use the throttle cut and throttle idle functions through logical switches for my turbines, I disabled the trimmer for throttle and reassigned it to Nosewheel. Works like a car turn signal. Push up for right trim and push down for left trim. And no worrying about bumping the rotary trimmer between models.

This radio is simply awesome!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:19 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I have always put nose wheel steering on the P7 knob but have been meaning to move it to the rudder trim buttons. Unlike prop planes I have never had to trim the rudders of my jets.

My trims are also crossed so that elevator and ailerons are on the left and rudder and throttle trims are on the right. I thought I would give the auto trim feature a try and had it on a spring switch. The crossed trim arraignment makes trimming so easy that I never touched the auto trim so I removed it.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:40 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy300
Since I use the throttle cut and throttle idle functions through logical switches for my turbines, I disabled the trimmer for throttle and reassigned it to Nosewheel. Works like a car turn signal. Push up for right trim and push down for left trim. And no worrying about bumping the rotary trimmer between models.

This radio is simply awesome!!!
That's what I do, except since I hardly ever have to use the rudder trim, I put the nosewheel trim on the left/right buttons and moved the rudder trim to the up/down buttons.

...jim
Old 03-02-2017, 04:30 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

New Speky convert, after my brand new DX-20 arrived and had a system fault right out of the box.

Just placed an order for DS-16 and CB400 for my 1/3.65 SM Hawk.

Confidence restored!!

I'm sure I'll have some questions and have a lot of reading to do. Jeti videos on Esprit's site and Youtube channel have been great to watch.

JS
Old 03-02-2017, 06:26 PM
rbgetz

Hi Jamie, I just jumped over myself... Had the DS16 for one week today. I have to admit, when I first opened the box I was really excited, but within the first hour or so, I got a little nervous and thought I made a huge mistake. But then I took a break, watched some videos and within hours had set up a few base models... and then the excitement came back... Ready to test in a few gas planes if the weather cooperates. Really, really cool Transmitter.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Welcome to Jeti, if I can be off any help, please let me know.
Bob
Old 03-02-2017, 07:29 PM
jsnipes

Thanks, guys. I should receive mine next week and will start familiarizing myself with it. I'm sure I'll have questions so thanks for the kind words of encouragement and support. Looking forward to using it! JS
Old 03-03-2017, 12:24 AM
Custmachr

Originally Posted by jsnipes
New Speky convert, after my brand new DX-20 arrived and had a system fault right out of the box.

Just placed an order for DS-16 and CB400 for my 1/3.65 SM Hawk.

Confidence restored!!

I'm sure I'll have some questions and have a lot of reading to do. Jeti videos on Esprit's site and Youtube channel have been great to watch.

JS
Jamie
i have had my DS16 for about 18 months now. You will be pleased. I am still amazed at what it can do. Lua and the DS 24 just adds to the possibilities. Let me know if I can help.
Tim

Last edited by Custmachr; 03-03-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:23 AM
jsnipes

Tim, good to know that you have one and experienced with it! We can hook up in a few weeks at the jet meet in SC if not before by phone. I *hope* to fly my Hawk then.

My plan is to start with the DS-16 and maybe next year upgrade to the DS-24 for the added safety of the 900 Mhz.

Thanks! Jamie

Originally Posted by Custmachr
Jamie
i have had my DS16 for about 18 months now. You will be pleased. I am still amazed at what it can do. Lua and the DS 24 just adds to the possibilities. Let me know if I can help.
Tim
Old 03-03-2017, 05:05 AM
Custmachr

Yea i I have a DS 24 on order.

Tim, good to know that you have one and experienced with it! We can hook up in a few weeks at the jet meet in SC if not before by phone. I *hope* to fly my Hawk then.

My plan is to start with the DS-16 and maybe next year upgrade to the DS-24 for the added safety of the 900 Mhz.

Thanks! Jamie
Old 03-03-2017, 05:56 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks, guys. I should receive mine next week and will start familiarizing myself with it. I'm sure I'll have questions so thanks for the kind words of encouragement and support. Looking forward to using it! JS
Good choice Jamie, you won't be disappointed. As others have mentioned, there's a learning curve but you will quickly realize the potential of this radio. With Weatronic gone and the issues with JR, I think it's the radio of the future.

Best of all, a great bunch of guys already using them who are ready and willing to help.

Craig
Old 03-03-2017, 05:59 AM
rbgetz

I have a question on display Telemetry for my CB200. I think I set it up correctly, When in Display Telemetry, there was only one option to select, "Antenna" and doubled size. So I selected and I see on the main screen all 4 antenna A1,A2,A3 & A4. However, if I remove just one R3, I get the lost signal, but all 4 antenna go to zero, I still have control, and it doesn't go into fail safe. I 'd assume it should still show one set of antenna? If I pull both, it goes into fail safe.. So working properly, but display isn't???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.