Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Old 03-03-2017, 07:43 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you binding each RX individually?
Old 03-03-2017, 08:02 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks, Craig. I know how detailed oriented you are so your being pleased with it says a lot.

JS

Originally Posted by CraigG
Good choice Jamie, you won't be disappointed. As others have mentioned, there's a learning curve but you will quickly realize the potential of this radio. With Weatronic gone and the issues with JR, I think it's the radio of the future.

Best of all, a great bunch of guys already using them who are ready and willing to help.

Craig
Old 03-03-2017, 08:45 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, I did bind as double path and then bound primary in RX1 and secondary in RX2. I know during the first day with the radio I din't bind correct and wondering is some how it remembered locations and is confusing it... I'll try to rebind.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:32 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
I have a question on display Telemetry for my CB200. I think I set it up correctly, When in Display Telemetry, there was only one option to select, "Antenna" and doubled size. So I selected and I see on the main screen all 4 antenna A1,A2,A3 & A4. However, if I remove just one R3, I get the lost signal, but all 4 antenna go to zero, I still have control, and it doesn't go into fail safe. I 'd assume it should still show one set of antenna? If I pull both, it goes into fail safe.. So working properly, but display isn't???
If you set it for loss of ANY antenna that is just how it works. Don't know if it will ever change with a future update. It is like an all or nothing alarm but you still have control.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:06 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

The loss of all antenna info if you unplug one of the Rx in dual path mode is a known issue.

Paul
Old 03-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New MFlow2 Sensors are due next week, the V2 version have Device Explorer bi-directional integration. Finally we can set up remote fuel reset..... Also we will be supplying the electronic portion for guys who would like to update they existing systems. The T3000 version is for large turbines with consumption up to 3000ml/min

Zb/Jeti USA

[TABLE="width: 501"]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Upgrade G/T800[/TD]
[TD]$65.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Gas G800 ex[/TD]
[TD]$205.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Turbine T800 ex[/TD]
[TD]$205.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Turbine T3000 ex[/TD]
[TD]$229.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 03-04-2017, 05:01 PM
JimBrown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently Sepp62 posted a LUA app over on RCThoughts that provided a very nice double size telemetry window for the Jeti Orbit ECU Sensor. I had been looking for an excuse to dive into LUA on my DS-16 and figured this was a good one to try. Since I have the VSpeak sensor for the ProJet Hornet III ECU I figured it was worth a try adapting his code. Four days later and I've got it working. The two major changes I made (other than getting it to work with the VSpeak) was to remove the automatic volume level change (I use a knob to take care of that) and add a fuel used reset switch (for when the taxi tank is removed to reset the fuel gauge back to 100%.) Also, the neat animation at start up does not occur until the TX connects to the aircraft and the VSpeak starts sending telemetry. Additionally, I added the ability to select an audio file for the the low fuel warning. I also changed a couple of the items that are in the display.

Since I'm doing this on a DS-16, I did not want to make the app too big, so as it is now it only works with the ProJet Hornet III. However, it should be fairly trivial to modify it for the other ECU's that VSpeak supports. I'd be happy to make those modifications but will need some information from those ECU's.

If you would like to give it a try, head over to TeroS' LUA hub at https://www.rc-thoughts.com/lua-hub/ and download it. Look for "VSpeak Hornet ECU Data App".

Please note that VSpeak v2.2 is required. Also, the Fuel Consumption within the ECU needs to be calibrated correctly. And, of course, the Jeti firmware must be v4.22-LUA. Be sure to check the ReadMe.txt file for an important note regarding tank size.

Have fun!
...jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DataScreens.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2203957  
Old 03-05-2017, 06:40 AM
ltc

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
New MFlow2 Sensors are due next week, the V2 version have Device Explorer bi-directional integration. Finally we can set up remote fuel reset..... Also we will be supplying the electronic portion for guys who would like to update they existing systems. The T3000 version is for large turbines with consumption up to 3000ml/min

Zb/Jeti USA

[TABLE="width: 501"]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Upgrade G/T800[/TD]
[TD]$65.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Gas G800 ex[/TD]
[TD]$205.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Turbine T800 ex[/TD]
[TD]$205.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeti Telemetry Sensor Fuel Flow MFlow2 Turbine T3000 ex[/TD]
[TD]$229.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Zb
What size Festo connectors does the new MFLOW2 have?
Is the T800 still 4mm like the original?
BTW, what turbine in the world consumes nearly 3l / min?!
the JetCentralMammoth is 52lb thrust and only consumes 0.7l /min...so I'm struggling to understand why Jeti made the new larger sensor...unless perhaps it is for dual turbine setups?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Jeti USA

I will find out tomorrow. The T3000 should be using 8mm Festo, buy will know tomorrow.

Yes you got it, twin turbine application.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM
JimBrown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JimBrown
If you would like to give it a try, head over to TeroS' LUA hub at https://www.rc-thoughts.com/lua-hub/ and download it. Look for "VSpeak Hornet ECU Data App".
New version available. Some minor bug fixes and a couple of additions. Test control is now configurable. Low fuel audio warning added.

Have fun!
...jim
Old 03-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by ltc
Zb
What size Festo connectors does the new MFLOW2 have?
Is the T800 still 4mm like the original?
BTW, what turbine in the world consumes nearly 3l / min?!
the JetCentralMammoth is 52lb thrust and only consumes 0.7l /min...so I'm struggling to understand why Jeti made the new larger sensor...unless perhaps it is for dual turbine setups?
Yes same 4mm Festo, maybe those can be exhanged for large ones.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-06-2017, 06:07 PM
ltc

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Yes same 4mm Festo, maybe those can be exhanged for large ones.

Zb/Jeti USA
Thank you.
I think 4mm should work, as the fuel line to the JetCentral Rhino is 4mm and max fuel flow is 700ml/min (although I doubt I will ever use full throttle)
I'll watch the site next week to see when they are in stock.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:02 PM
levendis

I'm planning on installing an Mspeed sensor on an Ultraflash with CB200 and 2 Rsat 3s. Where should the red and black Mspeed cables be inserted into in order to maintain telemetry to the Tx? Any thoughts on locations for the pitot tube that works well? Many thanks.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Custmachr

Originally Posted by levendis
I'm planning on installing an Mspeed sensor on an Ultraflash with CB200 and 2 Rsat 3s. Where should the red and black Mspeed cables be inserted into in order to maintain telemetry to the Tx? Any thoughts on locations for the pitot tube that works well? Many thanks.
I am really not sure what to do with the red connector. The black one is plugged into a telemetry port. This could be slot 14,15, or ext depending on how you set them up. As for the sensor location it needs to be in an unobstructed location with minimal turbulence from forward surfaces. If mounted on the side of the fuse it needs to be at least 15 to 20 mm from surface and it must be parallel to the direction of travel. Also there are small holes in the side of the probe that also needs to be at least 15 to 20 mm from any surface.
Hope this helps
Tim
Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 PM
ltc

FWIW, I have one of these installed on my Krill AvantiS fc jet
http://www.espritmodel.com/pitot-tub...mount-bvm.aspx
Worked out nicely
Old 03-11-2017, 12:26 AM
lxfly

RTFM: the red plugfrom MSPEED can optionally be connected to a spare channel, in order to control the alarmsignals
I use it with a phase switch to have the low speed alarm announced only on the landing phase.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:55 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by levendis
You don't need to use the red connector at all as it only controls the Mspeeds internal alrams which are reported using the Morse Code alarm system which need to be setup using a Jetibox or the transmitters Jetibox emulator.. With the red lead left disconnected you can still take advantage of the Mspeed using the DS/DS 16s regular alarm system which is FAR more flexible. What I find best is to use the transmitters built in Vario function controlled by a switch. The vario function is setup using the ideal approach speed with a +/- range. Once on approach, flip the switch and if your approach speed is ideal the vario function remains quiet. If your approach speed is too fast, the Vario emits a rising tone. If too slow, the Vario emits a falling tone. No looking at the transmitter, no trying to figure out if the speed announced is too fast or to slow as a string of numbers is pretty meaningless while you're trying to land. You can also set a separate stall alarm if desired but I find the Vario function to be pretty much ideal for a landing speed indicator.

Last edited by wfield0455; 03-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:09 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Can someone help me a bit?

I remembered wrongly that cb200 has 20 ch outputs..
My SM mig-29 needs 12 ch for vectored thrust , flaps , ailerons , rudder and elevators.
Then I need 1 for gear, 1 for doors and 1 for brakes. 1 for throttle and one for steering. Thats 17.

How I am gonna do that..? Maybe rudders to 1 ch and gear sequencer, but that makes rudder assembly pita as its already built... (second hand plane)

Any ideas?
Old 03-13-2017, 05:17 AM
JSF-TC

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Ceeray,

Run the throttle from one of the remote receiver channels - it will only draw minimal current, and won't change under load like a servo would.

Then, maybe matchbox together the 2 rudders to get you down to 15 channels from the CB200 directly.

Don't run a servo from the remote receivers as that can overload the CB200 Rx power supply.

Paul
Old 03-13-2017, 05:49 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

How about an EX bus from the CB200 to a CB100 and run a few of your servos from the 100? Outputs 14 and 15 of the CB200 can be reconfigured as EX ports.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:56 AM
Ceeray

I am using Rsat2 rxs, set up as ex bus.

I am thinking putting my ailerons via y-cable as they are built well and are well matched mechanically... and that gear sequencer.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:58 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
I am using Rsat2 rxs, set up as ex bus.

I am thinking putting my ailerons via y-cable as they are built well and are well matched mechanically... and that gear sequencer.
Emcotec makes a "V-match", and Powerbox makes a "Micromatch", both are programmable Y cables
Old 03-13-2017, 06:28 AM
ltc

Originally Posted by Ceeray
Can someone help me a bit?

I remembered wrongly that cb200 has 20 ch outputs..
My SM mig-29 needs 12 ch for vectored thrust , flaps , ailerons , rudder and elevators.
Then I need 1 for gear, 1 for doors and 1 for brakes. 1 for throttle and one for steering. Thats 17.

How I am gonna do that..? Maybe rudders to 1 ch and gear sequencer, but that makes rudder assembly pita as its already built... (second hand plane)

Any ideas?
Would a CB400 be an option?
http://www.jetimodel.com/en/katalog/...ntral-Box-400/
Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 AM
Ceeray

cb400 is an overkill and too heavy.

I had another really weird thing to happen...

I have ATJ 220SV turbine with Xicoy V10 ecu. I set up the trim low/up shutdown values and failsafe and tested them.
Then I connected Xicoy telemetry adapter between Ecu and CB. No data received to cb, adapter green light blinking.

TX has turbine switch in off position.

Suddenly the starter starts to start the turbine! How in the F*cks Sake its possible!? What happened!??
I plugged battery off fast and that helped. But I cannot say what caused this to happen. Luckily no fuel aboard yet, so its only started turning.

And this happened twice, while I tried to get adapter working.

Induced signals? Bad adapter?
But I have to find out the cause, otherwise I cannot trust the ECU...
Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

What ports is the telemetry adapter plugged into?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.