Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:51 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
cb400 is an overkill and too heavy.

I had another really weird thing to happen...

I have ATJ 220SV turbine with Xicoy V10 ecu. I set up the trim low/up shutdown values and failsafe and tested them.
Then I connected Xicoy telemetry adapter between Ecu and CB. No data received to cb, adapter green light blinking.

TX has turbine switch in off position.

Suddenly the starter starts to start the turbine! How in the F*cks Sake its possible!? What happened!??
I plugged battery off fast and that helped. But I cannot say what caused this to happen. Luckily no fuel aboard yet, so its only started turning.

And this happened twice, while I tried to get adapter working.

Induced signals? Bad adapter?
But I have to find out the cause, otherwise I cannot trust the ECU...

You apparently have a couple of things setup wrong. How do you have the "Turbine Switch" configured ? Are you using an aux channel or are you using the throttle cut function to force the throttle channel to the "off" state using a switch. If an Aux channel, simply look in the servo monitor and observe the channel in question and you should see whats happening quite quickly.

As for the telemetry adapter, you should have plugged it into the EXT port and used Device Explorer to ensure the EXT port is set to Jetibox or Telemetry Input as opposed to EX Bus. At that point, go to the Timer/Sensor, Sensor/Logging setup menu and press the F1/AUTO button to tell the system to find the Xicoy Telemetry devices (PUMP, RPM, etc) and then display them using the Display Telemetry menu. If you started with a model template that already had this for a differnt Xicoy unit, this process NEEDS to be repeated or else it will point to the wrong telemetry devices and nothing will be displayed. A sure sign of it being messed up is if there are multiple copied of RPM, etc.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the help. Adapter has been set up as above described and another one is in my vt80/F16 and working as advertised.

Also throttle switch is from menu as throttle cut and value set to -112%, idle to -100 , full throttle 100 and cb200 fail safe to -125%.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is way how to do it.
1) Replace 2nd. R3 with R7-9...
2) Remove + & - wires (power) from Sat2 to EXT, leave only SIGNAL wire
3) Connect Port 15 with 2nd receiver (R7), BUT only + & - wires (Power), NO SIGNAL
4) Assign low power channels to R7, DO NOT forget you are only supplying power from single CB200 port

Zb/Jeti USA

Can someone help me a bit?

I remembered wrongly that cb200 has 20 ch outputs..
My SM mig-29 needs 12 ch for vectored thrust , flaps , ailerons , rudder and elevators.
Then I need 1 for gear, 1 for doors and 1 for brakes. 1 for throttle and one for steering. Thats 17.

How I am gonna do that..? Maybe rudders to 1 ch and gear sequencer, but that makes rudder assembly pita as its already built... (second hand plane)

Any ideas?
Old 03-15-2017, 01:14 PM
Ceeray

Could I just connect my surplus R9 to RX2 port? Could I somehow assign R9 as ch16 and upwards?
I just need it to keep my landing gear system operational with brakes, needs 3 channels so low power usage.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Could I just connect my surplus R9 to RX2 port? Could I somehow assign R9 as ch16 and upwards?
I just need it to keep my landing gear system operational with brakes, needs 3 channels so low power usage.
Yes that's what he said.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:37 PM
wfield0455

Low power or not you'll NEED to add additional power to your R9 beyond what is provided by the CB200 Sat port. The Sat ports and the EXT port on the CB200 are rated for 300mah MAX load and even connecting a single high torque servo WILL DESTROY the CB200 Sat port. If you add additional power from a regular CB200 servo port as ZB suggested you'll be fine but don't connect anything directly to a receiver powered only by a Sat port and also it would be wise to actually ISOLATE the receiver from the Sat port +/- pins.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:31 PM
Ceeray

Alllright!! I will try that
Old 03-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Ceeray

And to complicate things I have to run the receivers first to the Cortex Pro and then to CB200.. same setup? Full 3 wires between cortex and cb and only signal from cortex to r9, and power from cb port to r9 directly?
Old 03-16-2017, 06:04 AM
wfield0455

And to complicate things I have to run the receivers first to the Cortex Pro and then to CB200.. same setup? Full 3 wires between cortex and cb and only signal from cortex to r9, and power from cb port to r9 directly?
That sounds correct.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:01 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Low power or not you'll NEED to add additional power to your R9 beyond what is provided by the CB200 Sat port. The Sat ports and the EXT port on the CB200 are rated for 300mah MAX load and even connecting a single high torque servo WILL DESTROY the CB200 Sat port. If you add additional power from a regular CB200 servo port as ZB suggested you'll be fine but don't connect anything directly to a receiver powered only by a Sat port and also it would be wise to actually ISOLATE the receiver from the Sat port +/- pins.

Yes, and if you add a separate power line, you will see a slightly higher voltage at the receiver than the sat power port does. the diode on the sat power port drops the voltage about half volt. thats ok.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM
Mark Vandervelden

Originally Posted by HarryC
How about an EX bus from the CB200 to a CB100 and run a few of your servos from the 100? Outputs 14 and 15 of the CB200 can be reconfigured as EX ports.
Im listening to you Harry! as you advised a CB100 connected up with the CB200 sounds a good way to gain an extra 7 servo outputs, not sure you would do it via Ex Bus though? Digi in/out perhaps, then of course there is the matter of were it gets its power from. I will have to look into it.

On the other matter of the CB400 with its 24 servo outputs I have one here and it is 240 grams heaver than a CB200 (which in them selves are inconceivably light!) But if your using some sort of regs anyway it will be replacing those also so we should take that into account and of course it can handle up to a total of 230 amps peak! On the other hand if using a HV setup a CB400 dose not make that much sense to use unless you needed the weight up front anyways?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 03-17-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:15 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
Im listening to you Harry! as you advised a CB100 connected up with the CB200 sounds a good way to gain an extra 7 servo outputs, not sure you would do it via Ex Bus though? Digi in/out perhaps, then of course there is the matter of were it gets its power from. I will have to look into it.
You still need to power the CB100 as you would if you had an rsat plugged into it, so it gets its power from the battery, not from the ex cable. I have a CB 400 in my lightning, with 5 sets of servo leads going to the back end and am considering converting it to a Jeti bus by putting a CB100 back there and running an Ex cable plus big power leads from the 400's regulated outputs. It means 5 wires rather than the 3 wires of a powerbox or emcotec bus but a fraction of the cost from the position I am starting from.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:29 AM
Mark Vandervelden

With a CB400 its easy to power an additional CB box as it has dedicated regulated redundant outputs.
With a CB200 this is not the case and it becomes complected to power an additional CB100 to include redundancy, perhaps the use of a DSM10 and Y leads from the Rx packs? Still a bit messy and another £48 for the DMS10

Harry, you have 5 leads going to the tail end of your Lightning, Elev-1+Elev-2+Rud+AB-Ring+ Chute?
Even 5 leads its not that bulky, it would still be comparable to 1 EX lead and a lumpy old HD power lead able to carry power that distance? or are you concern about a less complicated connection were the fuz dismantles half way down for transport?

Im refurbishing an install on a MR Lightning my self, (no were near as neat and tidy as your one) I have just the three servo leads going to the rear + a singel AB cable
I planning on useing the new PB servo wire were I can, its surprising how neat and light weight it is not to mention how inconceivably tough it is.
It was a borderline case as to whether I should do the re-install on my Lightning when I got, what do you think.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160529_154230737.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	2205838  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:40 AM
HarryC

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
With a CB400 its easy to power an additional CB box as it has dedicated regulated redundant outputs.
With a CB200 this is not the case and it becomes complected to power an additional CB100 to include redundancy, perhaps the use of a DSM10 and Y leads from the Rx packs? Still a bit messy and another £48 for the DMS10

Harry, you have 5 leads going to the tail end of your Lightning, Elev-1+Elev-2+Rud+AB-Ring+ Chute?
Even 5 leads its not that bulky, it would still be comparable to 1 EX lead and a lumpy old HD power lead able to carry power that distance? or are you concern about a less complicated connection were the fuz dismantles half way down for transport?

Im refurbishing an install on a MR Lightning my self, (no were near as neat and tidy as your one) I have just the three servo leads going to the rear + a singel AB cable
I planning on useing the new PB servo wire were I can, its surprising how neat and light weight it is not to mention how inconceivably tough it is.
It was a borderline case as to whether I should do the re-install on my Lightning when I got, what do you think.
That will make lozza laugh, the phrases "neat installation" and "Harry" aren't usually in the same sentence! Though yours does look even more spaghetti than mine.
Counting the ab, I have 7 sets of leads to the back end - para bay doors, para cable release, and two independent ab controllers so that light up and flickering are out of synch with each other.
I don't see a problem powering a second 100 or 200 without a 400, just parallel it from the same feed as the first box.
I would have used the pb high temp wire if it had been available at the time, I have some reels of it now and consider rewiring the back of the Lightning with it.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

New Spectrum convert here ... setting up first jet. DS-16 and CB400. Can you please point me in the right direction on a couple items ...
- For nose gear steering should I setup a steering function and use a mix to rudder? Logical to disable steering with gear up.
- For flaps, is the butterfly function the best route? I do plan to use some "crow" aileron with full flaps so I assume this is the best route to go.
- More questions to come, I'm sure.
Thanks,
JS
Old 03-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnipes
New Spectrum convert here ... setting up first jet. DS-16 and CB400. Can you please point me in the right direction on a couple items ...
- For nose gear steering should I setup a steering function and use a mix to rudder? Logical to disable steering with gear up.
- For flaps, is the butterfly function the best route? I do plan to use some "crow" aileron with full flaps so I assume this is the best route to go.
Thanks,
JS
have you done your basic model setup yet?
Old 03-19-2017, 05:41 PM
gooseF22

Thanks,
JS
JS,
Yes, set up a new function NWS or something.. then you can mix rudder to NWS, You use the gear switch to activate the mix. start with 30% mix and go from there.

for further control, I have 2 NWS mixes.. one thats on when the gear is down.. another one that triples the rate for taxiing.. its on my spring loaded switch.. this gives me low for takeoff and landing and High as needed for taxi and big winds..

for flaps, butterfly is best.. center the flaps in the takeoff setting and make that near center throw for your flap servos, then set up throws to not bind.. then butter fly will work peachy and let you set up crow..

Use flight modes to set it up, and enable trim in flight modes to mode instead of global.. this way you can trim each flap setting one time and done..

Another thing I did early is set tup the trims to cross trim.. fly with right hand, trim with left.. and / or auto trim (which takes getting used to first few times).. on my right trim is rudder left/right and the up down is Nose wheel left/right.. this lets me trim easily the nose wheel.. no knobs needed.

Takeoff, trim for level fight, flaps down.. trim.. flaps/gear up.. trim... done.. takes 2 min to trim out a maiden. welcome to the dark side.

I installed a locking switch in the upper left as a Kill all.. It will kill the propulsion on anything Im flying.. turbine, glow, electric...etc.. I set them all up the same.

Last edited by gooseF22; 03-19-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Custmachr

Thanks,
JS
There are several ways to do this. I used a separate steering function with a mix from rudder to steering on my gear switch. When the mix is turned off with gear up switch the steering servo centers. You may way to put a delay on the mix starting so if you happen to be into the rudder when to switch to down gear. This way the gear has time to come down before the servo leaves center position. Can cause a jam up if it turns before coming down. I saw this happen to someone at FIF last year so I added it then. As for the flaps I used the Butterfly function for the crow with a 50% offset so I do not get any crow till I am past the take off flap position. I created a separate Flap function and then used the function curve to adjust my takeoff vs landing flap positions after setting both endpoints in servo setup. I used a flap to elev mix to adjust the pitch with flaps but I think you can do it in the butterfly function if you want.
Tim
Old 03-19-2017, 06:05 PM
jsnipes

Thanks for the quick reply, guys.

Bob_B ... yep, I have my basic model setup done.
Goose, lots of good suggestions...thanks!
Tim, thanks for the detailed tips. Now that I have my battery extensions and can power my CB400 I plan to start some programming this week. Already have all my firmware updated, receivers bound, and remote switch setup. Antenna telemetry for all four antennas displayed. Really liking it so far ... a lot to learn though.

JS
Old 03-19-2017, 09:27 PM
HarryC

If you create an NWS function you do not mix rudder to it. The function is assigned to the stick and operates in it's own right. No mixing is required.

Last edited by HarryC; 03-19-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:37 AM
jsnipes

I read the RCG thread about %Q ... is it generally accepted practice among turbine jet Jeti users to set frame rate to 10ms (using all digital servos) and NOT leave it in auto?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

We have a guy who lost 2 airplanes in 2 weeks using a DS16. The first one we thought it was just a flameout and crash. The second one did the same thing. Both had controllability issues during the final few seconds along with the flameout. We first thought he just stalled it after the flameout and then No. 2 happened with the same issues. His Q on the second crash was 12% on both Rx. R14 Rx with dual batts on the first airplane and CB200 w/2 Rx on second. Now before anyone gets their drawers in a wad this isnt a flame...trying to find out why it happened. We have other Jeti users in our group who want to learn from this.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:25 AM
HarryC

Was his failsafe set to idle or to shutdown?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:26 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

shutdown
Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Jeti USA

Pull the Data Logs, you will see everything from the transmitter.
Check V, Amp, Capacity for CB200, Q and A1/A2/A3/A4 for all 4x antennas.

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-video.aspx

Telemetry & Timers: Sensors & Data Logging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j4_6Q_mKSA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.