Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dynamo sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dynamo sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 PM
chris1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamo sport jet

Altecare RC has a new sport/trainer jet called a Dynamo. Has anyone seen or flown one of these? I am looking for something to replace my sprint boomer and it looks like a really nice choice.

Chris
Old 10-29-2013, 06:31 AM
lxfly

Saw the Dynamo flying at the Jetpower fair and it's an interesting jet. Not only looking good on ground and air but also flying very well.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Stevojet
My Feedback: (1)

I also saw it at Jetpower and liked it. But I liked the Ultimatun by Global Jets Club in Spain more and have ordered one. I have a thread on RCU started for that jet. Not shilling at all, just liked it when I saw it fly, but liked the Dynamo too. I think the Ultima's 3.4L tank is larger than the Dynamos.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:18 PM
chris1971

Went over to your ultima thread and saw the pics. Very nice! I will keep up with your thread to see how it goes!

Chris
Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 AM
Quandry

Hey Chris,

I saw the Dynamo flying at Jetpower and I have to say I was very impressed. The annoucer called it a 'Jet Trainer', but it was definately a cross over between a trainer and sport jet as they have impressive speed and agility, mixed also with a gentle nature (sounds weird right?). While one of the demo models was flying it had a flame out at low level over the runway at reasonably low speed. With absolutely no fuss the pilot was able to turn it on a dime and come in for a gentle landing. It really was like watching a Kyosho trainer coming in to land on a deadstick - I was impressed.

I headed over to the flight area to get a better look, the model has a very futuristic design and is quite strikingly unique with the 'Pylon style' main wing

The canopy access is well thought out and gives generous access to flight hardware

I later went over to their stand in the exhibition hall to get some more detail shots

This front wheel cover is clever and allows for a very flush fit front oleo. Does anyone know where you can buy these?

Sturdy and well designed retract leg

You can see the turbine air intake/bypass built in to the wing root

A white gel coat version straight out of the box

They offer a straight wing version (2m) and then the optional wing tips can be fitted to take it out to 2.3m

As you can see by the design, the turbine vents directly out from the model without the need of a tail pipe. The advantage of this is that it's less weight in the back, and consequently less weight in the front also (due to less ballast requirements). I would say this contributes to the low wing loading which makes it handle so well. Overall I was very impressed with what they had to offer with the only real down side being the price. They offer a bare kit, and then add ons such as painting, wiring, retracts, brakes, etc etc (you get the picture). When you add up all of the adds ons you hit a quite big price tag. Sure it would be possible to buy just the white gel coat version, but even at that I felt their pricing was a little on the high side for a 'trainer'. In that respect the Ultimatun (mentioned by Stevojet), was very close in basic pricing and when you went for add ons worked out more cost effective. It was also slightly more 'pro' in the air which works against the case for the Dynamo. Having said that I have the feeling that the Dynamo might be a more 'fun' plane to fly with its very wide speed envelope and ability to chuck it around at close range - this could be down to personal taste though and if I were ARG I would look for a way to make it more cost attractive to potential buyers.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 PM
chris1971

Thanks for the pics and info. Sounds like the Avanti S might be a better deal as it comes as a more complete package for an extra $500 over the white gelcoat dynamo. How much extra was it to get a painted dynamo? It is not listed on Altecare's website. The airframe is about 2000 and the electric retracts are another 1000. The Avanti S is listed at $3500 for airframe, pipe, and retracts. They are about the same size too.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Stevojet
My Feedback: (1)

The Avanti is a fantastic airframe. My friend has one. However, it is larger than the Dynamo. The gear that came with my friends plane has been trouble from the first flight. When they get the gear sorted out this will be a fantastic package. Until then i prefer the Ultimatun or Dynamo.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:18 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice too........

marcs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2623.JPG
Views:	756
Size:	4.36 MB
ID:	1935306  
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 PM
chris1971

Marc S,

What is that and what size and price?
Old 10-31-2013, 03:38 PM
marc s

Chris its an Orion, designed as an advanced trainer and suitable for F3S - around 2M span and will fly with a VT80 up to a P120 size turbine - full composite. Details are on my web site.

Its a hand made low production jet so not one you will find at every flying site - individual.

I am shortly going to post a new thread on it and along with it will be a flying report from Ali Machinchy who has flown it in the UK and at Jetpower in Germany this year.

marcs
Old 10-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

Originally Posted by chris1971
Thanks for the pics and info. Sounds like the Avanti S might be a better deal as it comes as a more complete package for an extra $500 over the white gelcoat dynamo. How much extra was it to get a painted dynamo? It is not listed on Altecare's website. The airframe is about 2000 and the electric retracts are another 1000. The Avanti S is listed at $3500 for airframe, pipe, and retracts. They are about the same size too.
Chris I just replied to your email.
The NASA and Micro Pecorari paint schemes are 370 and 825 EUROS extra respectively, or approx $US 515 and $ 1,155 respectively. They can certainly be ordered but I feel at that price, the modeler can probably do a better paint job for less money, but if you want it, it can certainly be ordered at these prices. We are only stocking the white.
The other scheme is vinyl graphics for $ 130 for the UNO ad $ 275 for the Zero vinyl graphic set.

Regards
Peter
Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 PM
dyjdtjjian

I also saw it at Jetpower and liked it.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 PM
chris1971

Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply and the quick shipping on those collars for my behotec retracts! I should be back in the air tomorrow!

Chris
Old 11-01-2013, 10:14 PM
chris1971

Looks like vinyl graphics may be the way to go! Also electric retracts and brakes might be a big plus. I have had to buy new tires for my boomerang about every 6 months because i keep flat spotting them with the pneumatic brakes on my behotec retracts! A friend of mine turns the tires down for me until they look like some of the tires and wheels on these low riders around town! Eventually there is not enough left to do anything with and it's off to Altecare's website for new ones.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
chris1971

Marc s,

The Orion is really nice! Is anybody going to carry it over here in the states?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:34 AM
marc s

Chris, no plans yet as the kit is made in very small numbers and is made to order so each one is specific to the client in colour etc.

marcs
Old 11-02-2013, 04:53 AM
kimhey

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was very close to making a deal with Elvio (Seller and manufacturer) a couple of months ago. He is a true gentleman, and I almost bought it because of that...But in the end, I went for the Futura 1.9m, as the total cost for me was almost identical. I had correspondance with Elvio about the price tag, and I basically told him that for his asking price, the jet community will most likely choose another sport jet.

Even so, he told me they were busy sending out Dynamos to costumers.

The Dynamo is made in Europe, not in Asia, and that raises the manufacture cost naturally. Personally, I like the design. A mix of the Turbinator and Futura...

Last edited by kimhey; 11-02-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 PM
fougamagister

Hi Kim,

now is also available from ARG , the DYNAMO COMPETITION FULL CARBON, in 2 wingspans : 2 meters and 2,34 m., 3,350 grs! Turbine from 60N to 100N. Available to Altecare RC.

Attacched the images

Luciano De Pace - ARG Shareholder
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1936313  

Last edited by fougamagister; 11-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 PM
fougamagister

dear Quandry,

the front wheel cover is produced and available to ARG . [email protected]

Best Regards

Luciano

Last edited by fougamagister; 11-03-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:36 PM
JPHen
My Feedback: (33)

Originally Posted by Peter A
Chris I just replied to your email.
The NASA and Micro Pecorari paint schemes are 370 and 825 EUROS extra respectively, or approx $US 515 and $ 1,155 respectively. They can certainly be ordered but I feel at that price, the modeler can probably do a better paint job for less money, but if you want it, it can certainly be ordered at these prices. We are only stocking the white.
The other scheme is vinyl graphics for $ 130 for the UNO ad $ 275 for the Zero vinyl graphic set.

Regards
Peter
Peter, which schemes on your website are the Uno and Zero? Thanks.

Joe
Old 11-03-2013, 01:50 PM
JPHen
My Feedback: (33)

Found the manual. Looks nice: http://www.dynamo-jet.it/dynamoinfo_..._ENG_v2.2x.pdf
Old 11-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

Originally Posted by JPHen
Peter, which schemes on your website are the Uno and Zero? Thanks.

Joe
Hello Joe

Please follow the Dynamo link for all the updated details including colors, graphics and manual:

http://www.altecare.com/dynamo.htm

Regards
Peter