Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hi-Flow air setups

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hi-Flow air setups

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 01:48 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoLe
Hi Mark.

Here is one solution witch work very nice and don't cost a fortune - it just work and work!
The issue form my point of view is the amount of air, not the pressure. We have used this system on many jets and up to day = no hazzel
Very easy to adjust speed in/out...
Just a tip

Hi Roar,

OK, what the heck is it?!?! I just see loads of pipes and valves!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:20 PM
BobbyMcGee

I would have thought a whole different market of retracts would be available to you in England ... that being better stuff.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
RoLe

Haha... Sorry, yes it's a lot of everything in this model due to its complexity... But it works absolutely flawlessly
But, the "diamanté" is the air valve from SMC with really high flow, the pressure - if enough air - operate a 1:4 Hawk on approx 2/3 of the normal pressure compare to the standard used valves... Another befit is that it's closed so if you have a leak in one cylinder it won't interrupt the rest of the system.
The Jet-Tronics valves in the pics are for brakes and gear doors,the rest is U/C.

in my head, either air or anything else the system has to be 100% to work, therefore air in the right configuration works as well as anything else.
I'm into finishing a Carf Hawk and I will install this system in combination with GBR's electric brake kit = satisfaction guarantied
Old 11-09-2013, 03:34 PM
BobbyMcGee

Air retracts on removable wings is a PITA to me. I can't imagine the headaches involved with hydraulic lines if the landing gear is in removable wings. That would take a long time to set up at the field. I'd hate to have to break it down after too!

I used mechanical retracts up to a certain size then went to air. I prefer mechanical, but they are not too relaible in bigger jets from my perspective. I would think the electric retracts would be the second choice. Then again, I don't know every brand, nor do I know what is available in Europe either.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:32 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I noticed dreamworks sells a JMP "high flow" valve in two version, a 3mm and a 4mm version. However I wanted the 4mm version but decided it would not do any good:
The airline is 3mm, all the nipples on the gear cyliners are 3mm. So am I correct in assuming the 4mm wont do anything except stretch the airline more over the nipple?

I didnt understand how that would work as you would have to replace all nipples with 4mm and use 4mm festo tubing as airline? Or does it it have an impact?

In case, it is for the skymaster mig 29.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

is there a place you can get 4mm air line tubing? What about using the festo tubing used for fuel lines could this be used as an air line? Its rated for 8 bar (115 psi)

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c..../it.A/id.83/.f

Also has anyone used the jet tronics HF double valve?

http://www.jet-tronics.de/Doublevalve_XL.html
Old 11-12-2013, 03:26 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use festo tubing for all my airlines, comes in a lot of different colors, both 3mm and 4mm. The challenge I see with 4mm is inevitably, you'll end up reducing to 3mm somewhere anyway, such as the gear cylinder nipples or door cylinders so, what's the point? In fact, most air canisters have a 3mm nipple so, right off the hop, you're running a 3mm line from the air can.

Mike
Old 07-26-2014, 06:03 PM
j.c.a.
My Feedback: (2)

subcribed
Old 07-27-2014, 01:31 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darryltarr
Hi Mark,

Hope you are well. On my Skygate Hawk I use EvoJet (used to be called Orbit).

http://xtcm.evojets.de/index.php?cPa...69a15ce9a56b3e

I have One Pro-HV Double Action Valve (Product Number 0981) on the Gear with 4mm Festo Tubing
One Pro-HV Double Action Valve (Product Number 0981) on the Doors with 4mm Festo Tubing
One Pro-HV Proportional Brake Valve (Product Number 0982) on the Wheel Brakes with 3mm Festo Tubing

When you order these products you can also chose the appropriate Festo Connectors, or barbs.

One EvoJet Jetronic-HV Box (Product Number 0288), which sequences everything including Gear Fail-safe.
One Micro EDT (Product Number 8832), for the Set-up.

Two Robart Large Pressure Tanks (192) as you need VOLUME.

I run the system at 120 PSI with a fail-safe set to 75 PSI and it is flawless.

Cheers,

Darryl
Hello Darryl,

I have the same setup as yours, ready to be installed in my SG Hawk, robart tanks normally come with 3mm pickups, are you using these or have you changed the tank fittings to 4mm for flow.

Thanks Chatty.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:26 PM
j.c.a.
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by RoLe
Hi Mark.

Here is one solution witch work very nice and don't cost a fortune - it just work and work!
The issue form my point of view is the amount of air, not the pressure. We have used this system on many jets and up to day = no hazzel
Very easy to adjust speed in/out...
Just a tip

Hi I just installed the EVZM 550 valve in my Tomahawk hawk please let me know how you controlled the speed in and out. I installed valves on the presure sid and that does not help, are you regulating the exhaust ports ??

thanks

J.C.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:46 AM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi darryl
i have the same setup in my skygate/carf hawk as you in that I am using evojet HV valves with 4mm Festo. My landing gear is 4mm all the way, with no reduction to 3mm. Large nipples on the gear cylinder. One valve for the gear and one for doors. Electic brakes.
Did you have to restrict the air intakes on the hawk at all?

Rgds
mayur
Old 08-06-2014, 02:51 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Just for information, we have developed a range of high flow fittings and pneumatic tubing in 1/8" and 4 mm OD.
Have a look here:
"Hiflow" series pneumatic accessories.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:38 AM
JJP
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skymaster makes a nice compact hydraulic set up for the F-104. Perhaps Likai would consider making it available as a kit. You would need to specify the cylinder size appropriate for the gear on your model and the reservoir, accumulator, motor and electronics along with the proper lines in bulk would be supplied. It would be nice to have a kit system available that we could install and a selection of rams to choose from. Just a thought Anton and Likai!