Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need a new sport jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need a new sport jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:12 AM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jacknife is mega strong,Flies fast and true,would be cool to get your hands on one, but there is a long wait time
Old 11-09-2013, 07:03 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JMP Hustler ,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hustler.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1937956  
Old 11-09-2013, 09:04 AM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

The original Pirotti Tuono is quite strong and will easily handle a 180/200 turbine
it has a constant speed airfoil that allows smooth manuevers at virtually any throttle setting + it can also
hold large smoke tanks too.. it is easy to build too. It is also one of the easiest planes to land as well.. huge flaps

see videos by "geh3" on you tube for Tuono fllghts...
Old 11-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

What about Boomerang? Also the new Excalaber that Global jet club is coming out with. The Turbinator is a great choice. My buddy built one, and I liked it so much, I bought one! K-100 KingTech is perfect for this jet
Old 11-09-2013, 12:32 PM
teambutter
My Feedback: (36)

Funny how anytime there seems to be an issue this Discowings character is in the middle of it. While you may not need an economics lesson how about a mathematics lesson? Let's find the common denominator (you do know what that is right?) in 90% of the threads that become an argument instead of an open discussion guess who's at the root of it? Surprised at the answe? LOL! Your opinion is allowed here as it is anywhere but when you make baseless claims your position in the court of public opinion drops even further.(As if that's possible)

I must say say my favorite comment is you criticizing quality and yet your offering a "$1,000 bounty" so someone can build a set of stabs for an airplane that you can't fly even though it's new and never flown because it would crash. I love the irony.

Last edited by teambutter; 11-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 PM
johnls

Originally Posted by Kim Couturier
What about Boomerang? Also the new Excalaber that Global jet club is coming out with. The Turbinator is a great choice. My buddy built one, and I liked it so much, I bought one! K-100 KingTech is perfect for this jet
Now that's an idea Mark!!!

john
Old 11-09-2013, 02:14 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by johnls
Now that's an idea Mark!!!

john
Hehe! I know what that meant

Nothing wrong with the Boomers etc. I'm after something a little more 'hardcore'........
Old 11-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Jack Holland

Hi txshan130, Thank you for the kind words...but, I'm curious as to what your meaning by a "long wait time" ? If you have the capable check book, you can have one in 2months or less in your colors, add a couple of weeks if I'm rigging it. If your paying as we go,financing it thru me, then it can only go as fast as you can $$$ and will take longer. I can mold all the parts in 30 days...and you can finish one yourself. Call me an let's talk about your new Jacknife.
Jack
Old 11-09-2013, 05:08 PM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just seemed like disco was waiting a little while..I've got an ultra lightning so dont need a jacknife
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
If I had the $'s I'd love to have a shockwave! I was watching them fly at Kentucky jets. Very impressive!
+1...saw it, too. Concur, absolutely impressive!

No wonder Boli was talking about selling his UL and getting a Shockwave.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:07 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Originally Posted by txshan130
Just seemed like disco was waiting a little while..I've got an ultra lightning so dont need a jacknife
Jack has been on the phone email with constant updates, my wait is largely because of my request to have trailing link gear, it just so happens the source for the gear was a mistake that I will soon rectify. Jack has provided with freebies such as a smoke tank and a light lenses, give him a call, there is no bureaucracy no waiting for customs or other b.s. that is the case with so many other places, he's the builder and the owner and based on the updates I got very meticulous.

Had I gone with JMP gear I would be flying right now.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 PM
DiscoWings

Originally Posted by teambutter
Funny how anytime there seems to be an issue this Discowings character is in the middle of it. While you may not need an economics lesson how about a mathematics lesson? Let's find the common denominator (you do know what that is right?) in 90% of the threads that become an argument instead of an open discussion guess who's at the root of it? Surprised at the answe? LOL! Your opinion is allowed here as it is anywhere but when you make baseless claims your position in the court of public opinion drops even further.(As if that's possible)

I must say say my favorite comment is you criticizing quality and yet your offering a "$1,000 bounty" so someone can build a set of stabs for an airplane that you can't fly even though it's new and never flown because it would crash. I love the irony.
Shockwave has issues, its overpriced, made by Carf, too bad you wish you could hide this fact.. Fej was a mistake and bad timing because at the time everyone was prasing them, I even started a poll thread and FEJ was way ahead.

Pretend all you want, after the hype is over, people are going to wonder why they should spend 9k on a Jet made in Thailand.

That being said, It seems to have a very good profile, and I'm sure eventually the issues will be straightened out. It would be great, if Composite Arf bought the rights for the Jet and marketed it directly through their dealer network, but I don't think this will happen.

Last edited by DiscoWings; 11-09-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:14 AM
mick15

I don't see Mark and Boomers in the same sentance.................I bet you regret starting this thread, let that be a lesson to you, lol.

m
Old 11-10-2013, 12:35 AM
schroedm

Mick

Boomers are fine and I have no issue with them (I had an XL once) but I'm after something a little more fancy this time.

Yep, you're right. There's only a handful of threads left on RCU that haven't been ruined

It wasn't that long ago when you had the various merits of each model discussed fairly openly and fairly but I've seen nearly all the guys who would partake in such chats drop off RCU. Guess that left space for a new breed of keyboard warrior.....

I'm leaning toward the Shockwave at the moment. Primarily because I know the story behind the model from inception to today and I know the factory and the team there. Oh, and it flies damn well.

We'll see. Depends how patient I am as there's always new stuff coming and my timing is legendarily poor LOL
Old 11-10-2013, 02:18 AM
tisdall_80

I have a BVM Balsa Bandit.. Best flying sports jet I've ever had.. Would love a newer version one day!!
Old 11-10-2013, 02:20 AM
whitcombe

Finally you've manned up and made a decision.....you've got the funds so just buy what you want and like.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, If you add everything up it will be VERY hard to top the Carf Ultra Flash; Transportability (1 fuse, 1 wing, 2 bolt=beautiful thing), strength (1pc rigid wing incredibly strong), price (about middle of the road), resale value, size (about the same as BV F100) big enough to see yet small enough to transport, proven reliability, flight characteristics (will go toe to toe with ANYTHING on this planet!). If you haven't tried one, it is for sure something to always have in your fleet. Can be an everyday beater, or put in a big block & bring it out when you want to express yourself with something f%$&ING ballistic!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:41 PM
DiscoWings

Oh yeah, Flash is probably the most popular sport jet, I have seen more flashes than any other jet. Wide power ranges form a 90 to a 180!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:44 PM
asimatt
My Feedback: (26)

I have a flash I am considering selling p.m. me if you are interested
Old 11-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Chipper Griewahn
My Feedback: (4)

I had a baby boomerang with a wren 54ss and I loved it start and go every time and only a few k if you crash no stress
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Open for paint schemes now Mark?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	585.7 KB
ID:	1938488  
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oliveDrab
Is that a FEJ? r u selling it?
It's a FEJ Jet...yea yea I know but..
for some reason I love the looks and size of this jet wish it was from another company but because of it's conventional setup, I wouldn't have to worry about stuff falling off Heck I cartwheel one of there T-33 (Totally my fault) and was surprise the only real damage was the nose and tip tanks.

My Opinion

Last edited by basimpsn; 11-12-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:54 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Bandits baby. The most precise sport jets out there.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Neil Collins

I would personally go for a Shockwave.
It is strong, can fly fast as well as slow, and to me it looks sleek and sexy. The way a good sport jet should.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:50 PM
ModellbauUK

Originally Posted by Geoff White
So Dave/Mark, are you going to spill the beans on what's coming? I guess its from comp arf?

Oh and BTW if you are interested here my take on the list you provided

2.5m Futura - Flies really well, which you know of course but its a bit ugly.
2.8m Avanti XXL - Looks great(much nicer than the Futura) but no one knows how it flies, apart from sebart(but I bet it will fly well)
Shockwave - New Kid on the block, Flies great. Heard from a couple of sources that the quality isn't up to what is expected(Don't kill the messenger). Can't comment myself as I have never looked at one closely. P.S. a great deal on one on the BMFA classifieds at the moment.
Ultra Lightning - Vested interest as I have one, flies great, looks are an acquired taste. Great value jet.
Kingcat - As its a twin boomer, its too close to a Boomerang. Nuff said.
Aurora - One word FUGLY. But it flies really well.

UB - Great flyer, great quality, not so great price. Now that its available in single seat version it looks brilliant.
Wizard - a better looking Futura/Avanti. Comes with great pedigree, Fancy buying one but its designed for horrible electric retracts so undecided.
Hopefully the new clear canopy will improve the appearance of the Aurora Geoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.