Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best transmitter system - 2,4 Ghz.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best transmitter system - 2,4 Ghz.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best transmitter system - 2,4 Ghz.

Since I've had no issues om 35 Mhz, I suppose I'm the last one to get 2,4 as I just recently converted my MPX 4000 with a M-Link module. It runs a FHSS signal, but wonder what signal is commonly understood as the best?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 PM
paulhat

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Whatever Futaba uses
Old 11-21-2013, 10:54 PM
jetster81

You are using one of the best.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:02 AM
ash 26

[QUOTE=jetster81;11668093]You are using one of the best.[/QUOTE

+ 1 you are using it M- Link all the way
Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

+2. M-LINK has been 100 % for me and you get more bang for your buck IMO.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 AM
budjet

when 2.4 first arrived we did a test on futaba,put an rx in an EDF model stock the reciever to the speed controller,one aerial to the + lead and one to the - lead and flew it low (6ft) until we could just see it.no loss of signal ,have used futaba ever since with no problems.BUGGER IT gonna crash this weekend........................................... .
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Falcon 64

What about Spectrum? I 've heard the risk is bigger using this system, is it?
The reason for waiting so long is partly that I have seen ugly things with 2,4, the other is as I said, no problem with 35.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:55 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by Falcon 64
What about Spectrum? I 've heard the risk is bigger using this system, is it?
The reason for waiting so long is partly that I have seen ugly things with 2,4, the other is as I said, no problem with 35.
There seem to be very mixed feelings about Spektrum round and about, personally I would stick to Multiplex it is a world apart.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

great sucess with Weatronics!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
great sucess with Weatronics!
+1 and the new BAT 60 transmitter will be out very soon. Should be worth the wait

Mike
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM
byrne1157

Depends on What you want. You can spend lotsa cash, or a little cash. you can get cameras in your radio, or you can just get a radio. I found that the tunigy 9x serves quite well, for not a lot of money. Gonna be brave a get a Frsky Taranis, that should outpace all others for the money. The only thing I won't have is a camera in the tx...lol
Old 11-22-2013, 09:44 PM
kochj

have a futaba 18mz and before a 72mhz 9cap futaba...only time I had signal glitch that was noticable, was when the 73 MHZ wire was rubbing on a Carbon Fiber wingTube.
Moved the wire, and all was well.
I also have a Hitec A9.... been great... (a few people had some issues, though it has sence been resolved...) Solid for me...

Would like to try the Jeti Duplex.....The case/Gimbals look amazing...I like string springs and futaba can't handle it.... The gimbals are no different in the free Sim transmitter of the Flagship model...
If you place heavy srings, the plastic breaks...

Other than that I can't complain
Old 11-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Falcon 64

Originally Posted by jetster81
There seem to be very mixed feelings about Spektrum round and about, personally I would stick to Multiplex it is a world apart.
I`ve had Multiplex since the beginning, so good to hear I can expect the quality I`m used to. One 3030 and two 4000 over a period of ca 30 years.
The secret must be the info-pack of the signal, the code as I understand it. Weatronic to uses the FHSS, but they surely have their own variant in codec..?
Reliability to me is serving the user flawless performance over time.. And that can`t be said about a new brand though they have been macing modules for some time.
I will never buy Weatronic, I have seen to much.. But that`s me, I guess we all have a "green zone" about these things.

Last edited by Falcon 64; 11-22-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Falcon 64,

I know what you're saying about your Multiplex - also had the 3030 and the 4000 for more than 20 years. Programmability was way ahead of everything for a long, long time. On 35mhz I too had no problems - but then I moved to Australia and had to change to 36mhz. After that it was simply not the same. Unfortunately Mpx had no 2.4 at the time and I decided to go over to Futaba - never liked JR or spectrum Tx and Rx technologies. This was in 2008, first a 14mz and then in 2011 an 18mz. I am extremely happy with the change I had made. Mainly for one BIG reason - the crisp modern feel of the two gimbals. While I was using the old Mpx transmitters I simply did not realise how good the modern technology had become and how good the feel of the modern transmitters was.

Do yourself a favour and move to new technology - if for nothing else, for the improved and precise response you'll get from the inputs you give.

Cheers,

Jan

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 11-22-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I moved from JR12X to Specktrum 18X and shortly thereafter to the QQ version... I recently moved to Jeti Duplex and got a DS16... I am so glad that I did move over the transmitter and the receivers are amazing in workmanship and technology
Old 11-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Falcon 64

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Falcon 64,

I know what you're saying about your Multiplex - also had the 3030 and the 4000 for more than 20 years. Programmability was way ahead of everything for a long, long time. On 35mhz I too had no problems - but then I moved to Australia and had to change to 36mhz. After that it was simply not the same. Unfortunately Mpx had no 2.4 at the time and I decided to go over to Futaba - never liked JR or spectrum Tx and Rx technologies. This was in 2008, first a 14mz and then in 2011 an 18mz. I am extremely happy with the change I had made. Mainly for one BIG reason - the crisp modern feel of the two gimbals. While I was using the old Mpx transmitters I simply did not realise how good the modern technology had become and how good the feel of the modern transmitters was.

Do yourself a favour and move to new technology - if for nothing else, for the improved and precise response you'll get from the inputs you give.

Cheers,

Jan
I might one day Jan, but since I have no feeling in the fingers of my right arm and can`t feel the stick with my fingers, I really don`t care about smooth gimbals ....
I`m more aimed to use the safest system, and yes a top model from Futaba or MPX would be my choice. Pizzabox transmitter for me, but Futaba
But I guess it`s similar to cars, we all have made up our mind what we like or not?

Is there someone with the knowledge to explain us the different systems/signals, their pros and cons, FASST+(est) FHSS Spectrum and others ?
That would be very interesting..
Old 11-23-2013, 12:24 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Falcon 64,

Cheers,

Jan
You are absolutely right. I will have have been flying a Multiplex 4000 for 20 years next May. Outstanding piece of kit, but when you compare the feel of the sticks (which when new were as good as anything on the market), with the new Tx's, the difference is staggering. I have just bought a Jeti DS16 and now that I have adjusted the sping tension to my taste, the feel is fabulous. When the new Profi TX arrives from Multiplex in the new year, try the sticks on this. These are the smoothest sticks I ever experienced so far. Pity the wait has been so long.
John
Old 11-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Falcon 64

Thanks for the tip, I will when I get the chance..!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:30 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by JohnMac
You are absolutely right. I will have have been flying a Multiplex 4000 for 20 years next May. Outstanding piece of kit, but when you compare the feel of the sticks (which when new were as good as anything on the market), with the new Tx's, the difference is staggering. I have just bought a Jeti DS16 and now that I have adjusted the sping tension to my taste, the feel is fabulous. When the new Profi TX arrives from Multiplex in the new year, try the sticks on this. These are the smoothest sticks I ever experienced so far. Pity the wait has been so long.
John
I agree with you John,Been flying MPX for near thirty years and never lost a plane due to radio failure using it. I had a good fondle with the Profi at Jetpower this year and was very pleased with the feel and and sticks so much so that I have one on order, just waiting for the programming to be finalised which I understand is based on the Evo Pro and some and as I fly with the Pro at the moment It should make an easy transition. And yes the wait has certainly been long I just hope it has not put too many people off. Like others I have been looking at alternatives but when it comes down to it you have to go with what you know and trust.

Last edited by jetster81; 11-23-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
+1 and the new BAT 60 transmitter will be out very soon. Should be worth the wait

Mike
Right on guys. The Weatronic system is light years ahead of all other radios. In fact it's like comparing an old Nokia phone with a smart phone. My experience with this system includes 3 transmitters, with JR12x chassis, 13 receivers, in models from an electric Tomboy to my 12 jet, gas turbine, models, so fairly comprehensive, over a four year period.

You have to use it to realise its full, incredible, ability.

I have been asked to beta test the new tx so it's arrival is fairly imminent.

I am not interested in bling for my aircraft but I I have long sought the very safest and most capable radio systems for my jets, regardless of cost, considering all the attributes of all radios, my conclusion is that the Weatronics wins hands down.
Even with just a 12 channel radio it will operate my FC Mig 29 with ease, including two engines and full flaps and slats, hydraulic intakes etc., Giga Control is brilliant.

Bearing in mind the integrated gyros and voltage regulators it seems to win hands down on value, too.

Of course the small receivers can still be used as plug and play without any programming which can come later as experience is gained.

An NO, I am not a sponsored pilot, I do my own thing, pay for my own equipment.

And the ability to analyse every aspect of the avionics performance, in real time or later via Giga Conttrol , priceless, and just as good as airline engineers using QAR to analyse aircraft health and, in real time as Roll Royce do to monitor engine health of Trents in real time.

David

Ps Dave Wilshere omitted to mention Wea being used in Uk. there isn't much but at Wroughton recently. 3 out of 4 of us were using it !
Old 11-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Falcon 64

What about the signal/coding in Weatronic compared to others? Vs Futaba Graupner Jeti JR or MPX ? It`s not the features or "how it feels" I`m interested in.
After seeing my friends ASH 31 12k usd sailplane going down on it`s third flight, and datas showing there were faults on the two first flights also, and the videos on Youtube of the issues with Weatronic, it just topped it for me.
I`m pritty sure the system is to complex. I might be wrong, but experience such things isn`t convinsing to say the least..
There isn`t a single jetpilot using Weatronic here in Norway, I`m pretty sure of that.. I guess 80% is Futaba and not Wea. Why?
However their newtransmitter, now that`s another thing yet to see.. But for me, top performance over time, that`s the most importat factor of all.
Nobody to inform us how the different systems works, + pros and cons?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:03 AM
jetster81

Originally Posted by Falcon 64
What about the signal/coding in Weatronic compared to others? Vs Futaba Graupner Jeti JR or MPX ? It`s not the features or "how it feels" I`m interested in.
After seeing my friends ASH 31 12k usd sailplane going down on it`s third flight, and datas showing there were faults on the two first flights also, and the videos on Youtube of the issues with Weatronic, it just topped it for me.
I`m pritty sure the system is to complex. I might be wrong, but experience such things isn`t convinsing to say the least..
There isn`t a single jetpilot using Weatronic here in Norway, I`m pretty sure of that.. I guess 80% is Futaba and not Wea. Why?
However their newtransmitter, now that`s another thing yet to see.. But for me, top performance over time, that`s the most importat factor of all.
Nobody to inform us how the different systems works, + pros and cons?
I think we should wait until the new TX has had some stick time before passing comment on its performance. But I do have on good authority that Weatronics has a bad reputation for customer service which should be taken into consideration before making a choice.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:15 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

You will need to ask someone like Olnico about the transmission protocols, I am not technically qualified to do so, but Oliver IS and he uses and sells Weatronic equipment (and as an Airbus Captain and with an electronic engineering background, he has a very good grasp of excellence in avionics.

What I have related is my experience of this equipment which is why I use it in all my models from little electrics for my grandson, to expensive powerful and potentially dangerous jets.
Nothing in this world is perfect ( take the Trent explosion on the Qantas A 380) but the Weatronic equipment has worked and is working perfectly for me.

Too complex ? It's only as complex as you wish to make it !

Regards,

David
jetster can now have it on good authority that customer service, poor at first, has improved in leaps and bounds in recent months.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 11-23-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:18 AM
RUFTER

I'm curious why everyone who held a Bat60 in their hands is still so excited about it.
I don't question the technology behind it, i'm a Weatronic user myself, and on paper it is the best transmitter out there.
But it could be a lot more ergonomonic than it is right now, and I for one find that the full metal gimbals feel just awefull.
I just hope weatronic keeps their module line when their own transmitter line starts selling.
As for the M-link story, very good system, it was one of the first companies who had the telemetry thing going.

Regards, Bart.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Falcon 64

I know you do, David. And I thank you for your input .

But funny how things works for some and not for others, how come..?
Anyway, exiting when a "newcomer" enters the arena whith it`s own thing, have done their things for a long time now, not just "a add" to what we have any longer.
Infact it`s a big happening in a very limited market! Finally a holdinhand product, outragous advanced and needs YOU guys to check it out.
Olnico is free to chime in anytime and explain us how and why this transmitting system is better. Hopefully it`s not only the Giga Control that is the subject, like a feature.. The signal, and how safe to be. Weatronic uses a FHSS as MPX do, what have they done to it to differ from the others?
I try to line ut for all of us in this thread, what, how & why is there ONE system that cuts the edge?
Is there really one system that`s superior?..
My hope for the end of the thread is to have one "winner".
And I promise, after 30 years whith Multiplex, I`ll change brand instantly if it can be convinced there is a "winner"..
Futaba have made 2,4 in the industry for 20 years, it seems they know something about this frequensy...

Anyway, I hope this thread can get you som inputs in how, who and why. So those who can, feel free to teach us..

Last edited by Falcon 64; 11-23-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.