RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Beware - Gotta be a scam....

Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 AM
schroedm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Beware - Gotta be a scam....

I've had this sent to me 2 or 3 times now and heard of a couple of people who have ordered from here...

http://www.simceresc.com/

I can't see this being anything other than utter BS and those that order will either be getting something stolen or that doesn't end up being sent after payment. So pretty much what they deserve

Can I tempt you with a P180RX for $1500 (can go in a $1000 Tomahawk Futura) or maybe a BF300 for just $2950 to go in the large Tomahawk L39 for just $1800..........

Rgds,
Mark
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 AM
F86_SABRE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am also getting a virus warning once you log on to that link!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 AM
afterburner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow, somebody went to a lot of trouble to scam people with so many items. Looks like a legit site except for the "too low" prices.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:47 PM
RickVB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Exclamation Scam! Scam! Scam!

Here's another one:
www.vestaspur.com

Many similarities between this website and the one in the original posting. Both registered on who.is under the same BS-sounding registrant name in the same BS-sounding city in China, both in November of last year. Both now forward to a new domain (mine to vestasoo.com, the original to boweifeng.com), both similarly registered as above. Both have similarly structured checkout pages, and both charge a flat $45 to ship anything anywhere (yeah, right).

I agree, even if they stole most of the code from other websites, someone went to a lot of trouble with these for a scam. They even have live people answering their email (I got answers to three questions within minutes each time, specifically worded such that if it was an AI reply, the software would cost more than to have people do it). The replies only stopped when I asked for a photo of the stock they proposed to send me. Haven't heard back ever again. Glad I used a temp email and made up name and address...

We're going to have to be increasingly careful about buying anything direct from China.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 AM
flyinfool1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a good start.

Valeo GCCU Wholesaler
Valeo GCCU (http://www.coniaikong.com/)
Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 PM
neville thomas

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.szpost.com/2009/04/bank-o...m-network.html
Old 03-04-2014, 04:30 AM
schroedm

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Haha! The comments at the bottom of that page are illuminating - both the amount of 'fraud' that appears to go on and the unbelievable stupidity of some people....
Old 03-04-2014, 04:42 AM
luv2flyrc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

They even ripped off a guy from Nigeria, how ironic is that?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:14 AM
neville thomas

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www.shanglaiyate.com/contact_...7750bdae9d4e94 do not order from these plases they are all fraud i got the investigators from the FBI and china police along with the bank of china investigating these companys
Old 07-04-2014, 02:52 AM
flyoz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

These appear the same web sellers/scammers all refer to shenzen bank etc the easiest way to tell is none accept Paypal only cash transfers or Western Union, long the launderer of choice for crooks
Dont ever send money via western Union etc as these crooks just keep the money and WU wont do a thing about it Their statement " we just transfer (aka launder) money its your problem if you dont receive goods.
I lost $450 (yes I was scammed- I genuinely thought I was getting a good wholesale price), particularly after the fast responses to my enquiry etc) but in following it through with the Chinese embassy, Western Union the police etc the result was crooks 10 christians nil. The embassy and police were sympathetic and said they would investigate as they could but Western Union almost laughed.

Update.
I can categorically confirm this is a scammer http://www.shanglaiyate.com . The name they use is Emily Chen. they respond immediately to your sales enquiry but once they collect the Cash you will never receive another email. This person/s runs a number of bogus sites selling everything from Handbags to Rc to Fishing gear etc.
baolongplaza and http://www.ecwholesaleplaza.com are also his/her scam sites.

Last edited by flyoz; 07-04-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Updated.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:48 AM
AndyAndrews

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
They even ripped off a guy from Nigeria, how ironic is that?
Too funny!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:11 PM
-JC-

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone who thinks they can buy a brand name $4000 aircraft for $500 deserves to be scammed.
Anyone who shops at a place that only accepts Western Union deserves to be scammed.

Sorry, but if your common sense is that out of wack, then let your wives or kids handle all matters of finance

It's the internet folks... One big "free for all" of smart people cheating the less savvy. A lot like faith healers and TV evangelists. Same concept.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:54 AM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
Anyone who thinks they can buy a brand name $4000 aircraft for $500 deserves to be scammed.
Anyone who shops at a place that only accepts Western Union deserves to be scammed.

Sorry, but if your common sense is that out of wack, then let your wives or kids handle all matters of finance

It's the internet folks... One big "free for all" of smart people cheating the less savvy. A lot like faith healers and TV evangelists. Same concept.
Or religion alltogether!
Old 05-09-2017, 12:16 AM
flyoz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC- View Post

Wise sounding words BUT It is truly hard to tell just who is the scammer for example; is it the Chinese factory that charges $350 for a metal lathe which is actually sold in the US and Aust for $3,800-$4,500 or the Indian factory that charges $0.65 cents for a fly tying vice that retailers sell for $95 ?? or the Asian that sneaks sub par product out the reject bay of the Counterfeiters factory and charges you normal price as with lots of Electronics product ie RC Receivers with the Spektrum brand for 1 example. (ie Futaba, Spektrum both legit and a great products but subject to some rotten counterfeiters)

When you see the actual price and the massively 100-1000% markup the unsuspecting retail customer often pays, you may want to rethink how someone can learn to expect a low "real " price.

PS markups cannot be easily assessed as many OS people who have been educated here and the US and UK for example see the local Retail price and find they can buy for "Massively less" in Asia so they sell for say half OS Retail and yet still become millionaires in fact I have seen a report that states China births a new Millionaire every 16 Seconds... think about itssl

Sadly the web is also full of scammers and although I believe im a savvy buyer ive been duped. The company had excellent presales corespondance very favorable pricing, yes, but not dramatically so and yet. When others with comparititively lower prices , no communications have turned out legit and excellent.

Best we can do is alert people on forums not ridicule them because your smart and pay full retail. (Hope you dont have a warrantee issue on something expensive only to find your local retailer has gone bankrupt). :{

Last edited by flyoz; 05-09-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:57 AM
u2fast

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i doubt someone in china can buy a product made in germany and then sale it to me for half or more off the price. besides, this is an old thread.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:59 PM
flyoz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickVB View Post
Here's another one:
www.vestaspur.com

Many similarities between this website and the one in the original posting. Both registered on who.is under the same BS-sounding registrant name in the same BS-sounding city in China, both in November of last year. Both now forward to a new domain (mine to vestasoo.com, the original to boweifeng.com), both similarly registered as above. Both have similarly structured checkout pages, and both charge a flat $45 to ship anything anywhere (yeah, right).
.................................................. .......

We're going to have to be increasingly careful about buying anything direct from China.
Yes but cheap postage isnt really a gauge as my understanding of it is the Chinese Government sponsor a lot of postage which is essentially free to Chinese businesses (to ensure a boost in trade) so its actually the companies who charge postage that are the suspect ones as they are likely gouging extra profit under the guise of postage. Its a bit like the Post and Packing/Hqandling scam where sellers use a semi legitimate excuse to charge for packaging and handling but who inflate the cost ourt of sight so its now 90% rort.

Before people (sellers) have a go at me the Business formula is Markup includes overheads such as wages Power packing etc but some "smart" types added every thing they could to the price such as packing/ Handling to increase the profit component of markup. The greedy sellers way to make more from less. Bit like people (cheapskates) who add paypal charges to a sale when its actually a fair cost of doing business. They capitalise on the value of accepting Paypal but then screw the buyer for the privilege.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:01 PM
flyoz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2fast View Post
i doubt someone in china can buy a product made in germany and then sale it to me for half or more off the price. besides, this is an old thread.
They can if the so called German product is actually manufactured in China. Old thread or not its still worth helping people avoid being scammed.

Search this Thread