Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Beware - Gotta be a scam....

I've had this sent to me 2 or 3 times now and heard of a couple of people who have ordered from here...

http://www.simceresc.com/

I can't see this being anything other than utter BS and those that order will either be getting something stolen or that doesn't end up being sent after payment. So pretty much what they deserve

Can I tempt you with a P180RX for $1500 (can go in a $1000 Tomahawk Futura) or maybe a BF300 for just $2950 to go in the large Tomahawk L39 for just $1800..........

Rgds,
    Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I am also getting a virus warning once you log on to that link!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wow, somebody went to a lot of trouble to scam people with so many items. Looks like a legit site except for the "too low" prices.
    Marty

BOialsos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exclamation Scam! Scam! Scam!

Here's another one:
    www.vestaspur.com

Many similarities between this website and the one in the original posting. Both registered on who.is under the same BS-sounding registrant name in the same BS-sounding city in China, both in November of last year. Both now forward to a new domain (mine to vestasoo.com, the original to boweifeng.com), both similarly registered as above. Both have similarly structured checkout pages, and both charge a flat $45 to ship anything anywhere (yeah, right).

I agree, even if they stole most of the code from other websites, someone went to a lot of trouble with these for a scam. They even have live people answering their email (I got answers to three questions within minutes each time, specifically worded such that if it was an AI reply, the software would cost more than to have people do it). The replies only stopped when I asked for a photo of the stock they proposed to send me. Haven't heard back ever again. Glad I used a temp email and made up name and address...

We're going to have to be increasingly careful about buying anything direct from China.
    Rick Vera-Burgos
    Novi, Michigan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Jeff Borowski
    RAMS Club President
    www.ramsrcclub.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Haha! The comments at the bottom of that page are illuminating - both the amount of 'fraud' that appears to go on and the unbelievable stupidity of some people....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    They even ripped off a guy from Nigeria, how ironic is that?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    http://www.shanglaiyate.com/contact_...7750bdae9d4e94 do not order from these plases they are all fraud i got the investigators from the FBI and china police along with the bank of china investigating these companys
    neville c thomas

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    These appear the same web sellers/scammers all refer to shenzen bank etc the easiest way to tell is none accept Paypal only cash transfers or Western Union, long the launderer of choice for crooks
    Dont ever send money via western Union etc as these crooks just keep the money and WU wont do a thing about it Their statement " we just transfer (aka launder) money its your problem if you dont receive goods.
    I lost $450 (yes I was scammed- I genuinely thought I was getting a good wholesale price), particularly after the fast responses to my enquiry etc) but in following it through with the Chinese embassy, Western Union the police etc the result was crooks 10 christians nil. The embassy and police were sympathetic and said they would investigate as they could but Western Union almost laughed.

Update.
    I can categorically confirm this is a scammer http://www.shanglaiyate.com . The name they use is Emily Chen. they respond immediately to your sales enquiry but once they collect the Cash you will never receive another email. This person/s runs a number of bogus sites selling everything from Handbags to Rc to Fishing gear etc.
    baolongplaza and http://www.ecwholesaleplaza.com are also his/her scam sites.
    Last edited by flyoz; 07-04-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Updated.
    New Fly Species-Helicoptera

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post
    They even ripped off a guy from Nigeria, how ironic is that?
    Too funny!
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Anyone who thinks they can buy a brand name $4000 aircraft for $500 deserves to be scammed.
    Anyone who shops at a place that only accepts Western Union deserves to be scammed.

Sorry, but if your common sense is that out of wack, then let your wives or kids handle all matters of finance

It's the internet folks... One big "free for all" of smart people cheating the less savvy. A lot like faith healers and TV evangelists. Same concept.
    John C

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
    Anyone who thinks they can buy a brand name $4000 aircraft for $500 deserves to be scammed.
    Anyone who shops at a place that only accepts Western Union deserves to be scammed.

Sorry, but if your common sense is that out of wack, then let your wives or kids handle all matters of finance

It's the internet folks... One big "free for all" of smart people cheating the less savvy. A lot like faith healers and TV evangelists. Same concept.
    Or religion alltogether!
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm