Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Aaaaaah!!!! So that's who this package belongs to that ended up at my door step.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:15 AM
jeffbechtel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you this from experience. I work for a major telecom business and I alone ship out thousands of dollars a day in hardware and both companies suck and have flaws. A lot of the drivers look for any reason not to deliver the package. We had a $5000 router shipped to us that was delivered to another business a mile away that did not have an address anywhere close to us or a company name anywhere close to us. After lots of research and phones calls we finally found where they delivered the package. The bad thing is we have packages delivered everyday by both companies and the still delivered this to a different company. Its a lot like McDonalds employees they want and think they deserve $15 an hour but they cannot get an order of 1 big mac, 1 large fry and 1 large sweet tea correct. Good luck man on getting your turbine.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Ups drivers are union. Ups wishes they they could pay them 15 bucks an hour.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Could be worse. I recently had a ultra flash shipped by Fed ex..Didnt make it...They did settlewith Comp Arfand I received another Flash.

http://www.wivb.com/news/local/tract...in-cheektowaga
Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by husafreak
I prefer FedEx over UPS, and USPS is the best of all.
USPS domestic priority and first class is flown from airport to airport by FedEx. Has been for about 10-12yrs now. USPS drops off at our ramps, we fly them from there to the destination airport, where USPS picks up their "mail" and sorts and delivers…;-)

Z
Old 12-06-2013, 01:15 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by lourod996
FYI.. FedEx delivery drivers are not FedEx employees but private contractors that own the route they deliver for. Ask one when you get a chance or look it up.
Partly true. FedEx "Express" (white trucks, w/ purple and orange logo) are FedEx Employees. Fedex, custom critical, home, and freight, are contract employees,.. The trucks have different colors for our logo; not purple and orange. I've been w/ FE for almost 17yrs.

Z
Old 12-06-2013, 02:12 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

I had this happen with a package by FEdex. They were no help. They said that I signed for it and had no idea where it was. I explained no one was even home at my house to sign. They checked with the driver and he had no idea where it was. I happened to check a couple streets over and the neighbor with the same house number had it but without my own investigation I would have been pt of luck.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lourod996
I am a manager at UPS and have been with the company for 18 years. I have many drivers that I am responsible for and I can guarantee that they all care. Just speak to them if you have a chance get to know who your driver is. I can assure you that it was a mistake and at times incorrect addresses printed on labels from the customers. It is really busy this time of year but the process doesn’t change. We do have seasonal drivers that we use during Christmas time but they are also UPS Hub employees that are trained as service providers to fill in during peak times. The drivers have no idea what the value of the package is all they know is the service level and where their stops they are going to have during the day. They can also get in trouble and are responsible for packages delivered to the incorrect address. They get paid well and they would not put their job in jeopardy for a package. They deliver a minimum of 300 packages a day. In situations like this the driver personally has to complete the first portion of the investigation by going to the house or business where he or she delivered that package. After three attempts to recover the package then it goes to the claims department. No matter what you will get your turbine and the shipper will get their money back. We do everything in our power to provide the best customer service and at times unload a whole trailer with over 1000 packages to find just one when a customer asks us to in emergency situations or special circumstances. I have been woken up myself on weekends off and go back to the building to find just one package out of thousands in the facility. FYI.. FedEx delivery drivers are not FedEx employees but private contractors that own the route they deliver for. Ask one when you get a chance or look it up.
If the people cared that much, then i think they would have been a little more careful with a $7000,00 dollar airplane that they destroyed on me six years ago. Then they can't even cover the insurance policy that you pay extra for and they can get away with this. I'm just saying that after this happened i chose not to ever use U P S again. U P S Stands for Undelivered Package Service.

This is just my two cents.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:12 PM
speed is life

Originally Posted by Greg Wright
If the people cared that much, then i think they would have been a little more careful with a $7000,00 dollar airplane that they destroyed on me six years ago. Then they can't even cover the insurance policy that you pay extra for and they can get away with this. I'm just saying that after this happened i chose not to ever use U P S again. U P S Stands for Undelivered Package Service.
This is just my two cents.
+1
after multiple "issues" (International & domestic) over a few years, I will never voluntarily use UPS for either business or personal.....

oh yea, BB320........I feel or you, this really is a sad thing for you to have to deal with.

Last edited by speed is life; 12-06-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I receive a call from a UPS representative today telling me it was delivered to my house & signed by me, & all of this was said with an attitude. He also said in an almost threatening manner "I am going to send a driver to your house to speak to you, & you will have to pick up your packages from the hub from now on". I offered to fax, or email my I.D. with my signature, told him It would be my pleasure to speak with his driver, & explained that I already had a list of all of their deliveries on my street, & was aware the driver claimed to have delivered 2 boxes to my address 30 minutes apart. He quickly began to backpedal & became a lot less abrasive. So as a recap, they delivered my package (turbine) to the wrong address, then tried to put the blame on me saying I signed for it when I did not, the driver hands me 1 of my 2 boxes in the street & tells me the other is at the hub and will be delivered the next day, & all this while they have 2 trucks backed up against each other in the street transferring packages. Not to mention in the summer you can hear the drivers a block away as they blast their music while delivering packages in our quiet neighborhood.. It's just plain weird! Lourod996, perhaps you guys run a tighter ship wherever you work. Anyways, what makes a person/company shine IMO, is not what they do when things go smooth (anyone can do well when things go smooth), it's how they handle things when things go wrong!.. From now on, UPS will be avoided "at all cost" by me
Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
SCALECRAFT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep your ears open for the start up test.

Steve
Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 PM
BlueBus320

Originally Posted by SCALECRAFT
Keep your ears open for the start up test.

Steve
lol, good advice
Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 AM
jcacropilot

I freind of mine told me that his neighbor drives for UPS and his garage is full of packages. Some of the drivers are not stupid, they see the business name of where these packages are being shipped from and they can guess the content. If I had to bet, that is where a lot of the stuff that "fell off the truck" went. Selling on Ebay and other sites.....I would not say it happens all the time, but I am sure there are some dishonest drivers out there...............
Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That may be why some hi value packages that I receive do not have the company name anywhere on the box and have a persons name in the return address.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:31 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcacropilot
I freind of mine told me that his neighbor drives for UPS and his garage is full of packages. .............
I doubt that
Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by bcovish
I doubt that
Like I said previously, these guys are union so in addition to pretty good pay they probably have good medical, pension and other benefits. To risk that for some side cash by having packages disappear would be a pretty stupid move as once proven, not even your union rep could help you save your job. Not saying it doesn't happen but these are not minimum wage, no benefits jobs.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 AM
TUMBLER

Almost word for word what happened to me with FedEx so don't think its just UPS. They said it was delivered and they have confirmation I signed for it. I explained I wasn't home when it was delivered, nor was anyone else. They gave me attitude and basically said there wasn't much they could do about it now.

Originally Posted by BlueBus320
So I receive a call from a UPS representative today telling me it was delivered to my house & signed by me, & all of this was said with an attitude. He also said in an almost threatening manner "I am going to send a driver to your house to speak to you, & you will have to pick up your packages from the hub from now on". I offered to fax, or email my I.D. with my signature, told him It would be my pleasure to speak with his driver, & explained that I already had a list of all of their deliveries on my street, & was aware the driver claimed to have delivered 2 boxes to my address 30 minutes apart. He quickly began to backpedal & became a lot less abrasive. So as a recap, they delivered my package (turbine) to the wrong address, then tried to put the blame on me saying I signed for it when I did not, the driver hands me 1 of my 2 boxes in the street & tells me the other is at the hub and will be delivered the next day, & all this while they have 2 trucks backed up against each other in the street transferring packages. Not to mention in the summer you can hear the drivers a block away as they blast their music while delivering packages in our quiet neighborhood.. It's just plain weird! Lourod996, perhaps you guys run a tighter ship wherever you work. Anyways, what makes a person/company shine IMO, is not what they do when things go smooth (anyone can do well when things go smooth), it's how they handle things when things go wrong!.. From now on, UPS will be avoided "at all cost" by me
Old 12-08-2013, 07:45 AM
BlueBus320

Originally Posted by TUMBLER
Almost word for word what happened to me with FedEx so don't think its just UPS. They said it was delivered and they have confirmation I signed for it. I explained I wasn't home when it was delivered, nor was anyone else. They gave me attitude and basically said there wasn't much they could do about it now.
Was it insured? What ended up happening? I didn't choose UPS, the shipper did, & I'm assuming they insured it. If you didn't get your money back, I hope you sued!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:06 AM
TUMBLER

Only way I got the package was because I went to my the guy 2 streets over with same house number and got it back. It was insured but they just told me I signed for it already so it was not lost.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:00 AM
josecilurzo

Dhl and fedex, for me the best, never had any problem, door to door!!!!

Jose
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's getting the point that the shipping companies may have to send some type of claim check to package recipient to be given to the driver in order
to receive their package.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It was so nice when I was growing up......if a wrong package was delivered to my house I would look up the address and just take it to the real owner.

Hwere did civility go? Our society i just one big Fly Eagle Jet factory.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:09 AM
BlueBus320

Amen to that Falcon, that's what lead me down the path to suspecting the driver. Now, I figure they have fleet tracking devices, so the mystery person that signed for the turbine (30 minutes before I received the oil) has been time stamped. My question is "where was the truck 30 minutes prior?" I bet UPS has that information and already knows it wasn't in my area either via tracking devise, or other packages delivered during that time frame. I bet if they can weasel out of paying a few mis-delivers someone gets a better bonus.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:42 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope they find who have your engine..My K-180 was place under the stairs of my apartment buy the ups guy I don't know how I spot it.

Last edited by basimpsn; 12-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

There is always more to the story, in my case my Daughters "Best In Category" framed artwork was destroyed by UPS on its way home from the Sacramento State Fair, this several years ago. I made the driver wait while the damaged box was opened and he agreed that it was all damaged beyond repair. Then the fun and games started with emails and telephone calls and forms to fill out and after 3 tries all ending with "sorry but we cannot help you" I gave up. All I wanted was the price of a framing job. And of course now I avoid the company. So it really comes down to service. S--- happens. We all understand that. the good people take care of you. If the turbine does not turn up make sure to find the right people at UPS and get the correct forms to them in a timely fashion. I don't know how anyone can scare UPS but make sure they know you will not give up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.