Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 PM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

File a dispute with your credit card. They will protect the consumer.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TUMBLER
File a dispute with your credit card. They will protect the consumer.
I agree, Since no one can prove you received your turbine the seller needs to make good for it and then they should go after UPS.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:55 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought direct from (Barry) Kingtech USA, & the way they work is they send you an invoice with e-check payment instructions, so I followed their payment instructions (what can go wrong, right..lol) so I don't believe I have the same protections as if I had payed via credit card. There is no option to choose a shipper, so I guess they always use UPS. I called yesterday & am still waiting for a return call, so I am going to call again today. I am feeling like I am the only one left hanging out there. Kingtech has been paid over 3K for their turbine, UPS has been paid for their services, & I am left with nothing. UPS won't even talk to me because I am not their customer, Kingtech is. I have done my part, paid my money, stayed home all day to make sure there were no mishaps & have nothing to show for it. This is very stressful & has taken away enough of my quality time with the fam

Last edited by BlueBus320; 12-10-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:41 AM
TUMBLER
My Feedback: (13)

I can't even believe this is happening. I really hope this gets worked out some how. So sorry you are going through this!

Originally Posted by BlueBus320
I bought direct from (Barry) Kingtech USA, & the way they work is they send you an invoice with e-check payment instructions, so I followed their payment instructions (what can go wrong, right..lol) so I don't believe I have the same protections as if I had payed via credit card. There is no option to choose a shipper, so I guess they always use UPS. I called yesterday & am still waiting for a return call, so I am going to call again today. I am feeling like I am the only one left hanging out there. Kingtech has been paid over 3K for their turbine, UPS has been paid for their services, & I am left with nothing. UPS won't even talk to me because I am not their customer, Kingtech is. I have done my part, paid my money, stayed home all day to make sure there were no mishaps & have nothing to show for it. This is very stressful & has taken away enough of my quality time with the fam
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 AM
BlueBus320

Thanks dude! I feel like I chose a reputable company to deal with (for reasons like this), & suspect this will come to an end soon. I will report here one way or another.
Jay
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry for your troubles. Sounds like a nightmare.

Out of curiosity only, if this had been a credit card transaction, and you could make a claim to them, where would the money come from? Assuming you were made whole I mean? The CC company eats it?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Rinzlers

Did they insure it?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM
BlueBus320

Originally Posted by mr_matt

Out of curiosity only, if this had been a credit card transaction, and you could make a claim to them, where would the money come from? Assuming you were made whole I mean? The CC company eats it?
In this case, I don't think I would have filed a claim as of yet, I expect Kingtech will handle it without need. I'm not sure how that works though, perhaps it depends on your card. I would think the CC companies have some sort of insurance for these types of issues, but I personally have never had to put in a claim. I also think the CC companies would have more leverage to collect from the sellers.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about all this Jay - it's rubbish to be excited about getting something and it turns in to a saga I still don't understand how there is room to question whether it arrived with you, surely there is a time logged when the parcel was signed for and they can trace where the truck was from that? It'd be interesting to see the signature they apparently have for you? Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
BlueBus320

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird
Sorry to hear about all this Jay - it's rubbish to be excited about getting something and it turns in to a saga I still don't understand how there is room to question whether it arrived with you, surely there is a time logged when the parcel was signed for and they can trace where the truck was from that? It'd be interesting to see the signature they apparently have for you? Hopefully it'll all get sorted out soon.
Thanks Andrew, I just spoke to Barry & supposedly I will know something by this afternoon. Here is a copy of the supposed signature, who knows what that says. You are 100% correct Andy, I think UPS already knows that they botched this, & has admitted this signature was received 1/2 hour before they arrived to my address and handed me (without receiving a signature because I refused) box#2 (free turbine oil). Rinzlers, I am not sure if Kingtech insured it or not. I know for anyone who has ever purchased anything from me, I have always paid the extra to insure the items just incase anything like this ever happened, & I still have quite a few FedEx receipts to prove that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	UPS lost turbine.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1946514  

Last edited by BlueBus320; 12-10-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Rinzlers

Thanks Andrew, I just spoke to Barry & supposedly I will know something by this afternoon. Here is a copy of the supposed signature, who knows what that says. You are 100% correct Andy, I think UPS already knows that they botched this. Rinzlers, I am not sure if Kingtech insured it or not. I know for anyone who has ever purchased anything from me, I have always paid the extra to insure the items just incase anything like this ever happened, & I still have quite a few FedEx receipts to prove that.
Not trying to be funny but I guess someone is now looking for a small helmet for a dog or cat so they can strap a shiny new kingtech to it.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt

Matt , as per federal trace regulations (FTC) it is solely the sellers responsibility, and the client is always protected. They in turn can go after the shipper with whom they contracted, and so on go several layers of legal/financial responsibility via whoever handled the product between the buyer and seller ( shipping companies, brokers, etc .. ). This is why businesses have insurance.

If you pay for something to a US based company, and you don't get it, or don't get it as advertised, it is federal law that the seller is 100% responsible ( unless contractually stipulated otherwise at time of transaction) . If a buyer does not have CC protection, they still can file a federal claim. Usually in cases under $5K it becomes a small claims court issue if it goes that far.

This sucks for businesses ! but i agree with protecting the consumer. I have been burned twice doing business in the hobby for a few hundred $ with recipients claiming they never got something ... then me seeing them posting pictures of it on RC forums :\

Im sure KingTech will resolve this , even if its to their loss unfortunately. In the mean time i'm sure they are going thorough whatever their due process is to follow up on claims, etc. After all, the engine might still turn up somewhere. Sometimes unfortunately this is the price of doing business.

Voy
www.all-scale.com
Old 12-10-2013, 11:15 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

This crap has happened to me as well, so I usually ask the seller to ship to a commercial address (this then requires signature automatically) or tell UPS/FEDEX to hold for pickup at one of there locations, anything over $1000.00 I have this done, exactly for the reasons stated.

ALso most damage/lost seems to happen after the item is put on the truck for delivery, it usually doesn't get lost up until the last step.

Sucks this happened to you.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well sorry to hear about the OP's difficulties but I just HATE UPS and will do whatever I can to avoid having stuff sent via UPS if at all possible.

You're getting the run around from UPS alright, unless it's different in other areas of the country, UPS tracks their trucks via GPS and knows where they are, where they've been and how long at each stop. I'd had the same UPS driver at my other house for 20 years or so and we'd occasionally talk about horses or whatever when she stopped by especially after I retired and was there most of the time. She told me one day that she'd gotten in trouble for being at my house too long on a previous delivery so she had to get going. I asked how they knew and she said it was GPS tracking.

Now I suppose one could argue that she told me a story, but I suspect it was true. Where's our "UPS" guy who posted, maybe he can (or will) tell us if UPS knows where that truck was and how long at each stop, they ought to be able to correlate the time of the signature with the truck's GPS location I would think????
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or so they say. My new K-180G is currently MIA. Delivered to the wrong address and signed for by a phantom person. I believe most people would just run the box to the proper address, which makes me wonder; do the drivers know how much the packages are insured for, there for knowing the value?.. hmmmm, I am not a happy camper
Years ago, UPS delivered a radio I purchased to a "wrong" address. The person who signed for it couldn't be located. I contacted Horizon and they certainly received notice that the package had been delivered......... so I contacted UPS Customer Service directly and splained. No problem at all. They bought a new radio (same make and model through Horizon at FULL PRICE) on the spot and delivered it to me a few days later.

Maybe things are different now but it may be worth a try.

BTW- the rest of the story is that the first radio finally showed up about two weeks later. I contacted Horizon again and they couldn't do anything so I contacted UPS CS. It was too much bother so now I had two radios.....Sounds like a fish story, I know...BUT it actually happened
Old 12-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I really hate to hear this. I'm kinda in the same boat with USPS and a gas motor, no where near the money of your turbine but at this point I'm still out $600. USPS tracking says it was delivered yesterday, I was home all day. I called post office and they said no, it was there at their office and it was only attempted delivery. They were supposed to redeliver today, but when I got home, no package. I called right at 4:55 pm and was told it was delivered yesterday! Of course they were closing and couldn't help me any more. I'm getting a bad feeling about this. I sure hope your turbine shows up or at least they take care of you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	1946588  
Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Originally Posted by patfairlane
...i know the differance between 3804 36th st.......and 4001 indiana ave...thats where ups left my package..if too busy is an excuse then they need to hire someone else..some people do not know what country their in.....
Your so right about the country thing, they are "Geographically Challenged" i.e. They can't find their azz with a funnel....!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

UPS is the absolute worst. I've had 2 boxes go missing over the years with absolutely zero issues with FedEx. Actually had even more problems with USPS Priority than with UPS.....both suck.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 PM
BlueBus320

Received another call from UPS today, this goon claims he is only looking for one box that he shows I received, so I talk him into a corner & he again admits there was another box 30 minutes apart from that one, but then says "I am only concerned with the box you received and have the GPS coordinate along with an aerial photo of your house at time of delivery, I am not authorized to check the trucks location for the other box because only one investigation for this was initiated". I am not kidding guys, he claims to have all the info on both boxes, but is only authorized to check truck location on box 1 of 2..smh I am convinced UPS has NO interest in finding this box, or solving this mystery! It is simply cheaper to shift gears & try to avoid paying at this point.
I am a pilot with a major airline & have passed extensive background checks for the THREE airlines I have worked for, Including the extra scrutinization some of us guys go through for the additional classified cockpit privileges (nothing to do with flight attendants..lol). I am willing to bet you couldn't find someone with my credentials involved in some type of a mail fraud scam! I just don't think it happens like that! Anyways, been in contact with Kingtech also & we are working toward a mutual resolution.
Thank you for all the empathy, I will keep everyone informed
Jay

Last edited by BlueBus320; 12-10-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:47 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about drama! I'm sure you'll come to a satisfactory resolution soon.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:48 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

This is as sad as the guy who had the plane lost for 9+ months b/c of greyhound...
Old 12-10-2013, 09:08 PM
BlueBus320

Thanks guys! Yeah, If I had to bet, I'd bet Kingtech will do right one way or another (I'll keep stressing until I have my turbine or money), I'll love my new turbine, and we will have a lasting relationship. I believe Kingtech has enough evidence to get their money back from UPS one way or another. One thing's for sure; I recommend all buyers to pay via credit card, all sellers to seek a way to require I.D. for any purchase over whatever arbitrary threshold that they choose, & ALWAYS insure the item!!! I plan on ordering more high price items (even though I think the money we pay for this hobby is crazy), but will have them shipped to a store or depot for pickup (Only by my wife or me, I.D. required) & if the company can not accommodate me with that, I WILL go elsewhere.
Hopefully Barry will supply me with (or post to this thread) the stolen turbine's serial number, that way we can all keep an eye out for it. It will be a matter of time before it turns up somewhere.
Not familiar with the Greyhound incident, but 9 months???!!! OMG!

Last edited by BlueBus320; 12-10-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Received another call from UPS today, this goon claims he is only looking for one box that he shows I received, so I talk him into a corner & he again admits there was another box 30 minutes apart from that one, but then says "I am only concerned with the box you received and have the GPS coordinate along with an aerial photo of your house at time of delivery, I am not authorized to check the trucks location for the other box because only one investigation for this was initiated". I am not kidding guys, he claims to have all the info on both boxes, but is only authorized to check truck location on box 1 of 2..smh I am convinced UPS has NO interest in finding this box, or solving this mystery! It is simply cheaper to shift gears & try to avoid paying at this point.
I am a pilot with a major airline & have passed extensive background checks for the THREE airlines I have worked for, Including the extra scrutinization some of us guys go through for the additional classified cockpit privileges (nothing to do with flight attendants..lol). I am willing to bet you couldn't find someone with my credentials involved in some type of a mail fraud scam! I just don't think it happens like that! Anyways, been in contact with Kingtech also & we are working toward a mutual resolution.
Thank you for all the empathy, I will keep everyone informed
Jay
Seems to me if UPS can't find the package they owe Kingtech the price of the turbine and Kingtech stills owes you a turbine.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:58 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

A friend of mine worked for ups for 30 years.. A couple of rules he imbued in me: 1)don't piss off your UPS driver. 2) anything you plan on shipping UPS should be packaged to withstand being thrown off a two story building with a bowling ball in hot pursuit. 3) insurance is your friend.. 4) if you don't follow rules 1 and 2, then rule 3 may not apply....
Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 AM
willig10

If I may:
UPS will mishandle your packages (You can count on it) and secondly their insurance is a scam. They will not pay unless they(UPS) box it up themselves. If you boxed and shipped a package and damage occurs they claim you did not package it correctly and will deny your claim.

I lost out on over 3000.00 worth of sales 2 years ago to UPS as they literally destroyed 3 airplanes and all the boxes were correctly marked and packaged correctly. What UPS is going to do is crush and throw your packages with no regards to the contents inside.

Bottom line is stay away from UPS.

Glenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.