Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
mtnflyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing. Any explanation or apology from UPS?
Regards,
Gus
Old 05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, it just showed up, with a return label covering over the original, box was never opened. As with an explanation or apology from UPS, fat chance, we are just elated that the engine came back, and ready to go to its new home, lol.

Barry
Old 05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WHAT????!!!!!! Haha, that is GREAT NEWS Barry!!! Who knows where that thing was! I finally feel 100% exonerated..lol
Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by marquisvns
No, it just showed up, with a return label covering over the original, box was never opened. As with an explanation or apology from UPS, fat chance, we are just elated that the engine came back, and ready to go to its new home, lol.

Barry
Barry, where is it's new home going to be?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	84149__buzz-lightyear_p.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1992879  
Old 05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner
Barry, where is it's new home going to be?

Not sure about its new home, but it must of visited the land of Oz!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bet someone who works for UPS took it and sat on it till they thought the heat would die down and when it didn't they returned it.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:49 AM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Another fun UPS story.

Earlier this year we ordered some parts from a company who shipped them UPS. The package was mark “hold for pickup” and had several of the names of guys in my office on the paper work. When we went to pick up the package the lady behind the counter told us that the package was on the truck being delivered. When we ask what address they were delivering to she quickly recited the delivery address. The address was the UPS building we were standing in! So every morning they put the package in the truck and delivered at the end of the day right back to the UPS building! After 5 days they sent it back to the company we ordered the parts from.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:00 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S_Ellzey
Another fun UPS story.

Earlier this year we ordered some parts from a company who shipped them UPS. The package was mark “hold for pickup” and had several of the names of guys in my office on the paper work. When we went to pick up the package the lady behind the counter told us that the package was on the truck being delivered. When we ask what address they were delivering to she quickly recited the delivery address. The address was the UPS building we were standing in! So every morning they put the package in the truck and delivered at the end of the day right back to the UPS building! After 5 days they sent it back to the company we ordered the parts from.
Lol, WOW!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the reason their number of parcels delivered keep going up. They keep scanning the same package for five days to show their boss how hard they work....

Larry
Old 05-06-2014, 06:15 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I try to use the postal service on smaller items.the priority system works well and I always get positive feedback.the few times I have used fed ex I have been satisfied.but ups somerimes is a crapshoot.my mailman gets out of his vehicle and puts it inside my screened porch and rings my doorbell.ups you never know .it might be on the front door leaning against the door or on the stoop.like I said postal is the best and yes its a govt service run business so what.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, what a story!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:53 AM
afterburner

What I'll never understand is why they don't take the extra 1/4 of a second to ring the bell. That goes for all of them(USPS, Fedex, UPS). They ring the bell about 50% of the time. The other half I'll either notice it when I walk by my glass front door or I'll get a text notification that it's been delivered. I had my first Fedex nightmare yesterday which included three phone-calls to their 800 number and a promise that I'd get a call back twice about a delivery I was supposed to get last Friday that required a signature and they never showed up.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:03 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

USPS is terrible, never use them and avoid at all cost unless its an international shipment, then you have no choice.
ALSO being a federal agency they have no liability and there insurance is useless, plus every moe dick and harry can work there, slow and usless; all they have to say "we are trying the best we can" and thats all that is expected from them, good luck firing a USPS worker for anything less than a convicted felony. Out of the packages I get 3 out 5 are actually delivered, 2 are miss-delivered lost, or the carrier threw them in the lake because he couldn't be bothered. USPS is worse than Fannie May/Freddie Mac and we all know what happened to them...

UPS not much better, but much better than USPS, still if you had to pick from the best of the worse use Fedex, the least amount of issues.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had good success with UPS, FedEx, and USPS we get a lot of packages and I don't think we ever had any lost and most times the carrier wont leave them
in plane sight either.

The only problem we have with USPS is the letter carrier gets the mail mixed up among the neighbors a lot
Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Guess I'll throw a couple grenades too.
My 4 year old didnt get her shoes last week because UPS delievered somewhere other than my address. I LOVE how when I look up the FAQ about a missing package, the concept of the driver misdelivering it is not even a possibility on the FAQ. It must be hidden from me or someone stole it or it was left with a neighbor, are the only things the FAQ mentions.

I had a dumb FedEx driver deliver my viper jet down the street. GJC forgot to require a signature. I went and stole it.

Case in point, always require a signature.

Ok that dont work either. Had someone sign for a small f-18 I ordered. My address, my name, they signed. Saw their 8 year old out in the lawn throwing it around like a lawn dart. Thanks UPS.

Everytime I have had a package midelivered seems the people open it to check it out. So you are lucky!

I cant imagine signing for and opening a package not addressed to me, especially if I am not even expecting a package. What is wrong with people!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:35 PM
ravill

Originally Posted by essyou35

Ok that dont work either. Had someone sign for a small f-18 I ordered. My address, my name, they signed. Saw their 8 year old out in the lawn throwing it around like a lawn dart. Thanks UPS.

Sorry to laugh at that misfortune man, but that was funny right der! Lawn darting that thing!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:48 PM
willig10

ALL:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ship any aircraft or aircraft related parts via UPS. Here is why

1. If you pack your own box and purchase insurance, UPS denies the claim saying you packed it wrong. (Even with clear writing "Fragile Handle like eggs" "Glass" on each corner.
2. If you have UPS pack the box they still deny the insurance claim.
3. I lost over 10,000.00 to these scumbags that throw freight regardless of what is labled on the box. One of my shipments sent to New York was denied at the UPS freight dock because the originating UPS driver had the box that ws clearly marked fragile on the bottom of his truck. When that package arrived, it had holes and was completely flattened by the other boxes on top of it. Yep you guessed it. A high dollar plane was inside. They shipped it back to me and denied my insurance claim.

NEVER NEVER NEVER ever will use UPS for anything.

They steal, They throw and dont give 2 cents about your packages.

If this post helps just one fellow hobbyist from getting scammed, I have paid it forward.

Regards
Glenn
Old 05-06-2014, 12:51 PM
ravill

Damn, I just shipped my P200 to jetcat with UPS. I paid their hefty charge of $84 for insurance.

I've had good luck with Fed-Ex in the past, but I just moved and there is a UPS store really close now.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The difference is that FedEx drivers are owners/operators of their respective routes. The have a vested interest in getting your package to you safely. FedEx for me every time, always.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:16 PM
kochj

I never have to worry about the UPS guys around here... Upscale area??? either way, never lost anything.... and I have received a lot of things....
Hopefully I didn't hex myself///
Old 05-07-2014, 04:12 AM
chopper52

All you have to do is get on YouTube and see what really goes on You will change your mind about using UPS...
Old 05-07-2014, 04:42 AM
afterburner

Just went to youtube. Try explaining this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6aIPIsUE5I
Old 05-07-2014, 04:57 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lownverted
The difference is that FedEx drivers are owners/operators of their respective routes. The have a vested interest in getting your package to you safely. FedEx for me every time, always.
Only fedex ground and home del are subcontractors. The trucks with the orange x are direct fedex employess. I do business with both ups and fedex and imo for ground service ups is the most dependable.
Vin...
Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Michael Jackson 10 steps to prevent UPS package theft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCep9Z-JuGI
Old 05-07-2014, 06:21 AM
afterburner

Originally Posted by basimpsn
Michael Jackson 10 steps to prevent UPS package theft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCep9Z-JuGI
Did you have to find the creepiest one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.