Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Old 12-04-2013, 07:38 PM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UPS delivered my turbine to the wrong address!:(

Or so they say. My new K-180G is currently MIA. Delivered to the wrong address and signed for by a phantom person. I believe most people would just run the box to the proper address, which makes me wonder; do the drivers know how much the packages are insured for, there for knowing the value?.. hmmmm, I am not a happy camper

Last edited by BlueBus320; 12-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant describe how I would feel having something that expensive being lost. Hopefully that person who signed for it has a heart and delivers it to you or calls ups and gives them the package back to give to you.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. Usually when I get a package with signature required, the driver asks me to spell my last name as they type into their device. Did they get a fake name or something?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
BlueBus320

Thanks Westwind, but I won't be taking a loss on this. The shipper has insured it, & UPS would have to produce my signature. I'm just curious if it could be the employees that have access to the value information, heisting expensive packages. Could all be an honest accident, but IDK.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 PM
BlueBus320

Originally Posted by afterburner
Interesting. Usually when I get a package with signature required, the driver asks me to spell my last name as they type into their device. Did they get a fake name or something?
I'm really not sure, I was sent an illegible signature that UPS supplied to the sender, but it appears the drivers can shrug their shoulders & claim they are not sure where they sent it because it is so busy this time of year. Just weird it happened with an item worth a few grand. Whole thing stinks if you ask me.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Just wait till the ss# will show up for the service ,the stollen goods usually ending on Craigslist ,eBay,amazon ,and rcgrups ,just look for the ss# ,and if the in use the must be serviced .
Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Something similar happened to me several years ago. UPS delivered an Eddy Bauer order to the wrong address (no signature required). After a week or so I contacted UPS and Eddy Bauer, who sent a replacement. Three weeks later the dumb ass neighbor finally dropped off the original package to my house. What a hassle and UPS probably made out on the deal with an extra package that Eddy Bauer paid to have returned.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Drivers have no idea of value. Lots of temp helpers this time of year. was probably an honest mistake but lets hope your neighbor is honest. Even still UPS will go back to the neighbor especially when they find out what the value is.
A few weeks ago they said they delivered a package to my house at 10:30am. I said no you didn't, want to watch my cameras? well the neighbor came by the next day with my package.
Scott
Old 12-05-2013, 04:11 AM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by jetpilot
Drivers have no idea of value. Lots of temp helpers this time of year. was probably an honest mistake but lets hope your neighbor is honest. Even still UPS will go back to the neighbor especially when they find out what the value is.
A few weeks ago they said they delivered a package to my house at 10:30am. I said no you didn't, want to watch my cameras? well the neighbor came by the next day with my package.
Scott
2 orders in a row went to a neighbor nearly a mile away. Thankfully he brought them to me. Stopped the driver one day and turned out to be a new driver and said he had the addresses confused. Don't know how cause they aren't even similar but I'm sure glad I cleared it up before something valuable got lost.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Mr-Punk
My Feedback: (2)

I'm a delivery helper this time of year. Yes we are extremely busy. I'm not blaming the receivers but make sure your house or mailbox is clearly marked. There are a lot of plain black mailboxes. And yes we don't know the contents of the packages. We do get the last name and type it in for signature, non driver release packages. Hope you get your turbine and it was just a simple mistake.

Peace,
J
Old 12-05-2013, 06:27 AM
chopper52

Nothing surprise's me about UPS,I aso had to chase down packages down the steet before,Had a driver drop a charger on the cement,gee that didnt work either.Not to mention I shipped out a triple boxed Jet,and someone ran over it with a hilo,,figure that one out...

Hang in there you will get your Turbine one way or other,I hope sooner than latter,And for being busy at this time of year,is realy piss poor excuse in my book... some people just cant do there jobs right anymore it seems,,,And all shippers careless...some just dont care...

Last edited by chopper52; 12-05-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Let your credit card company know.......
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 AM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr-Punk
I'm a delivery helper this time of year. Yes we are extremely busy. I'm not blaming the receivers but make sure your house or mailbox is clearly marked. There are a lot of plain black mailboxes. And yes we don't know the contents of the packages. We do get the last name and type it in for signature, non driver release packages. Hope you get your turbine and it was just a simple mistake.

Peace,
J
Not to change the subject but this is a valid point. When I was a teenager I delievered pizza's. It was always a pain to find a house the first time. Most mail boxes have the number on the side, which is not always visible. Lots of houses have small numbers or no numbers at all. Since then I have always marked my mailbox on both sides and the front, I use 4" tall numbers on my house and I put a post by my driveway with 4" numbers. Still, in the last 3 years, I've had 2 packages end up at the house across the street. Some driver's just arn't looking. Puzzling?? Maybe they are too busy sending text's to their girlfriends.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Then don't deliver it if you don't know where it goes. I have 2 big #'s at the end of my driveway and they still deliver to the neighbor across the street. Took me 2 days to get a package the driver dropped inside the neighbors garage at the side door he never uses. Then there was the time they dropped a new radio on a rainy day in my driveway which I almost ran over, all because the driver didn't want to drive the 700ft up to my house. I'm in customer service for a major retailer and there is no excuse for doing a poor job. Good luck getting it back.
Originally Posted by Mr-Punk

Peace,
J
Old 12-05-2013, 09:05 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Happened to me when I sent an engine to Eric Clapp in Florida via UPS. I was able to see the signature of the person that signed for it online and did I quickly did a name search........got an address......went to google maps and it was a trailer park. At that time I said I'm ****ed! (even went to RCU online to shop for another engine). Then I remembered its Florida so 90% of people live in trailers. I called Eric, gave him the address and he drove in the middle of the night to the place and retrieved the engine.

Eric is my hero an Im forever grateful.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:04 PM
BlueBus320

Still no word. The sender has began the investigation precess with UPS. In this case, my house is clearly marked. They passed out one of my boxes to me in the street (turbine oil), & didn't ask for a signature or anything when it clearly states "signature required". I know if I was a supervisor over there, someone would be looking for employment if they couldn't follow a simple procedure like receiving a signature for a package. I think anything over $1000 or so should also require I.D. & if the recipient is not available at the time of delivery, they can pick it up from the UPS hub.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM
CafeenMan

There are a lot of Paul Johnson's in the world. Paul being the eighth most common boys name and Johnson being the second most common surname as of the last time I looked at the census bureau data. It's actually kind of interesting to look that up.

Anyway, I received a big box from Atlanta Hobby a few years ago. I hadn't ordered anything but my website had been up and running for several years and was highly ranked in Google by that time.

So it had my name and address. I have a generous friend who makes boxes appear sometimes and occasionally my family sends something. So I opened it up and inside is a little Katana ARF. Very nicely built and a plane I wouldn't mind owning. There was no invoice or anything in the box so I called Atlanta Hobby. I didn't think they'd sent it to me to review - particularly since they'd never contacted me, but I had no idea why I had it.

Turns out it was supposed to go to a different Paul Johnson - in Texas I believe. So they had UPS pick it up.

Point is stuff happens, but I doubt too many drivers are ripping people off. How many times could you do that before the company would notice a lot of stuff on your route is going missing? Companies like this have serious accounting and nobody probably even has to look. The software probably catches it and sends notifications to whoever needs to know.

By the way, I live on one of those streets that ends and then picks up again a mile away. New UPS drivers never deliver my stuff the day it's supposed to come. Instead they put in the system that the package has an incorrect, non-existent address. Once the driver figures it out I get all my stuff like I'm supposed to until a new driver comes along.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:25 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

...i know the differance between 3804 36th st.......and 4001 indiana ave...thats where ups left my package..if too busy is an excuse then they need to hire someone else..some people do not know what country their in.....
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
CafeenMan

Again, it's probably an honest mistake. Maybe it was in a stack of boxes that were already sorted and all going to that address. Obviously nobody knows what happened but probably it's just a lack of attention to detail. I don't care who you are. More pressure = more mistakes.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM
cyphur01

FedEx FedEx FedEx. I love the way it takes UPS 7 days to ship a package 3 states away but I can use Fedex and pay the cheapest shipping (4-5 day ground) and it shows up the next day from halfway across the country. USPS is even better by far and the government runs that. Come on UPS get it together.

P.S. Currently waiting on 2 turbines that were shipped last Tuesday from Jetcat via UPS. smh
Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

check with your neighbors close by. I have had this happen twice with UPS. once it was next door. The other time just a couple doors down the street.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:58 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Second time in less than a week I heard UPS has mis-delivered a package!.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
husafreak

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I prefer FedEx over UPS, and USPS is the best of all. I am convinced that UPS has a gigantic warehouse (or maybe just a big hole in the ground) that everything they carry has to spend a week or so in. Call it a penalty box for not paying upgrade fees. So I always ask if products I buy online can be shipped NOT UPS. Who would name a company that carries packages "ooops" anyway? Sheesh!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Justaddwata

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My company ships small high value (Precious Metals) packages UPS all the time and values up to $50k (insured) - never a loss. Think it is more likely an honest mistake than a UPS driver wanting a turbine for Christmas.

Give UPS a day or two to get it together - they are in the middle of shipping a few hundred million black friday bargains too. Hope it comes through soon!!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:14 AM
lourod996
My Feedback: (78)

I am a manager at UPS and have been with the company for 18 years. I have many drivers that I am responsible for and I can guarantee that they all care. Just speak to them if you have a chance get to know who your driver is. I can assure you that it was a mistake and at times incorrect addresses printed on labels from the customers. It is really busy this time of year but the process doesn’t change. We do have seasonal drivers that we use during Christmas time but they are also UPS Hub employees that are trained as service providers to fill in during peak times. The drivers have no idea what the value of the package is all they know is the service level and where their stops they are going to have during the day. They can also get in trouble and are responsible for packages delivered to the incorrect address. They get paid well and they would not put their job in jeopardy for a package. They deliver a minimum of 300 packages a day. In situations like this the driver personally has to complete the first portion of the investigation by going to the house or business where he or she delivered that package. After three attempts to recover the package then it goes to the claims department. No matter what you will get your turbine and the shipper will get their money back. We do everything in our power to provide the best customer service and at times unload a whole trailer with over 1000 packages to find just one when a customer asks us to in emergency situations or special circumstances. I have been woken up myself on weekends off and go back to the building to find just one package out of thousands in the facility. FYI.. FedEx delivery drivers are not FedEx employees but private contractors that own the route they deliver for. Ask one when you get a chance or look it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.