Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

A cautionary tale before you buy a Fly Eagle Jet direct from the factory.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

A cautionary tale before you buy a Fly Eagle Jet direct from the factory.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for posting. I will not buy anything from FEJ. x15
Old 12-05-2013, 08:53 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by eastern
Just so that you know I did actually do some research on the FEJ Viper Jet, I contacted a number of owners through this site, one of which e mailed me about an hour ago. Asking them specifically about the company the service etc etc

I am also fully aware that most of the contributors on here have never owned nor even flown a jet, so all the crap they come out with is just that crap.
I find it hard to muster up any empathy for you over this matter. You claimed that you researched FEJ and the jet. RCU was inundated with threads warning people about FEJ. Dubd's big F-14 had gone down due to flutter, Lukey's big F-18 darn near shook it's own ***** off and only lived another day due to a miracle save from Boli, and a couple of Hawks had blown their tails off (including a factory bird flown by one of the best pilots in the world), EDF Jim had opened up his stabs and shocked us with what was inside, there were threads counting the number of FEJ planes that had blown apart, the number of pipes that had blown apart, people being bribed to stay quiet, etc, etc etc

And you still bought a jet from them. Hmmm.

And now you have the gall to suggest that most of the contributors here have no jet ownership or flight experience and that we now all need to be informed by you of the risks.

Thank you for your public service thread.

Some of us have been warning people about FEJ for years. Case in point.....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-a7-fej-2.html posts #41 - #46. Yeah, it was a real big surprise when that wing blew off the A-7 at BITW. Yeah, a big surprise for the pilot maybe.

You did better than many. You've got a good engine, a potentially defective airplane, and questionable brakes all for $5000 + the duty on the engine. Many others have a half filled pizza box containing burnt fiberglass and some smoking crumpled ball of metal.

Sorry to hear about your troubles,

Jim

Last edited by rcjets_63; 12-05-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:35 AM
NoOneFlysAtMyClub
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't fly turbines, buy I have to ask, how is it, that this company is still in business?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Tuggs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not throwing any stones here, but what I really don't understand is why 'reasonable' people still buy planes from FEJ. What makes me even more confused, why would someone from europe purchase a turbine manufactured in Germany from China (or do I miss something here).

I would not even say that quality of the airframe / gears is the primary issue with those planes, because I would never dare to fly them out of the box. But what I read about waiting time since FEJ started their business kept me on distance.

Last edited by Tuggs; 12-06-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:09 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eastern,

I'm really sorry to hear your experience with FEJ ended up as it has.

However, as others have mentioned, those with experience had tried to warn you.

Unfortunately, when I tried to do just that by telling you to look at RCU you weren't interested in listening and actually quite vociferous about telling me so. Anyway, I hope you manage to sort things out and finally get it up and flying.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fej.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1945167  

Last edited by schroedm; 12-06-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What continues to amaze me about these threads like this is that you jet guys are obviously intelligent guys who have enough disposable income to buy and play with these super expensive jets, but you are not aware that after a month or two to file a charge back on your credit card when you are obviously getting scammed? I apologize if I am being offensive, but if I spent $5000 or $10,000 on an airplane (which, sadly, I have with my 40% IMAC ship) and it wasn't here with 30 days and I wasn't getting reasonable responses from the manufacturer, I'd be on the phone with my CC company and get that situation resolved ASAP. Hell, I just did that with 2 companies recently over a damn $800 office computer.

I bough a computer from Tiger Direct, after 14 days of asking, they said it shipped but could not provide tracking. One 3 minute phone call and I had the $800 back in my account. Then I made a purchase with Office Depot thinking they were a more reputable company. I ordered an HP Envy tower, they shipped a Lenovo monitor and they acted like our transaction was complete and nothing was wrong. 5 minutes after calling my credit card company... bam... $800 back in my balance.

You jet guys have the coolest planes ever, but I cannot believe that knowing what a scam some of the jet manufacturers are with the hundreds of threads all over the forums about it, you guys will still send those criminal money and sit back and wait 3, 4, 5, 6 months for a plane. That is just nuts....

Last edited by Giant_Scale_Gasser; 12-06-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:28 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Giant_Scale_Gasser
What continues to amaze me about these threads like this is that you jet guys are obviously intelligent guys who have enough disposable income to buy and play with these super expensive jets, but you are not aware that after a month or two to file a charge back on your credit card when you are obviously getting scammed?
Very few, if any ,of the Chinese Jet manufacturers accept CC. They want you to wire 100% of the funds to them up front and sadly, we do it knowing full well that it's a recipe for disaster.

Mike
Old 12-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FEJ knows how to stick it to the customer. They insist on wire transfers for full payment while promising on-time shipment. They don't want credit cards because the customer could have an "out" during the first 60 days that they don't want the customer to have. Once they get your money, you never see it again. What you do get are lies from them ... many, many lies.

Those that did pay with credit cards, got lies of " unfortunate delays" and empty promises that their order will be ready to ship in a week or so. When the week lapsed, FEJ would not respond to further emails in the hopes that would delay the customer even further. Those "promises" were done soley in an effort by FEJ to prevent the customer from going to their credit card company for a charge-back. Many times, that tactic worked for FEJ. The 60 day time period lapsed, and the customer was then at their mercy (screwed) with many more excuses of delays.

Like I wrote before, a pretty jet or a pretty woman will stop a man from thinking with his big head. All reasoning goes out the window.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 12-06-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Very few, if any ,of the Chinese Jet manufacturers accept CC. They want you to wire 100% of the funds to them up front and sadly, we do it knowing full well that it's a recipe for disaster.

Mike

Oh my... That sure is a receipt for disaster. You have ZERO recourse and I am guessing they know that! What a scam.

When we make an honest mistake and ship a customer a wrong part or USPS loses a package people act like we are intentionally scamming them, and they have Pay Pal to back them up. I'd have no sales if all I did was wire transfers! How can these jet companies do that and get away with it?

That is simply amazing. I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from ANYONE with a wire transfer to another country. Heck, I wouldn't buy from a reputable US company with a wire transfer.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
FEJ knows how to stick it to the customer. They insist on wire transfers for full payment while promising on-time shipment. They don't want credit cards because the customer could have an "out" during the first 60 days that they don't want the customer to have. Once they get your money, you never see it again. What you do get are lies from them ... many, many lies.

Those that did pay with credit cards, got lies of " unfortunate delays" and empty promises that their order will be ready to ship in a week or so. When the week lapsed, FEJ would not respond to further emails in the hopes that would delay the customer even further. Those "promises" were done soley in an effort by FEJ to prevent the customer from going to their credit card company for a charge-back. Many times, that tactic worked for FEJ. The 60 day time period lapsed, and the customer was then at their mercy (screwed) with many more excuses of delays.

Like I wrote before, a pretty jet or a pretty woman will stop a man from thinking with his big head. All reasoning goes out the window.
It's actually 180 days that you have to file a charge back on most major credit cards.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:26 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, how many examples does it take to convince people? My fear isn't a bunch of people losing money, its a poorly built jet hurting someone. If that happens, there will be zero recourse with FEJ. And I don't mean monetarily. The owner of that plane could face criminal charges knowing they flew something that was unsafe.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Airplanes400

Then it must be my credit card companies, or things changed. I had a situation several years ago. I only had 60 days from the billing cycle to file a charge-back. Luckily, I did within the time period.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:35 AM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Then it must be my credit card companies, or things changed. I had a situation several years ago. I only had 60 days from the billing cycle to file a charge-back. Luckily, I did within the time period.
as far I know paypal is 45 days, visa and master is 180 days I do not know about the other providers.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Airplanes400

Things changed. I just checked two of my credit cards (Chase & Capital One) regarding conditions. From Capital One;
Your Rights If You Are Dissatisfied With Your Credit Card Purchases.
If you are dissatisfied with the goods or services that you have purchased with your credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the purchase. To use this right, the following must be true:
1) You must have used your credit card for the purchase. Purchases made with cash advances from an ATM or with a check that accesses your credit card account do not qualify; and
2) You must not yet have fully paid for the purchase.
If all of the criteria above are met and you are still dissatisfied with the purchase, contact us in writing.

From Chase, I see the same thing.

Best advise is to check with every credit card you have. Conditions also vary from State to State.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	chase.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1945179  

Last edited by Airplanes400; 12-06-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Airplanes400

Three more of my credit card companies have the same conditions as does Chase.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 AM
rchobbymodels

Airplane400, I have to apologize it was my bad, they really change their policy and the laws are in this link http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/...rgeback_rights as most of the providers are located in California I believe this applies to other states.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Airplanes400

Thanks for the info. Looks like things really changed for the worse. Those crazy credit card companies are changing terms all the time now. We have to keep up, but that's hard.
I really don't like this part;
You cannot dispute a charge under "claims and defenses" if you notify your bank after you have already paid your credit card amount down to zero. However, if you have paid off only a portion of your credit card bill, you can still resist payment on the unpaid balance for the charge you are disputing. For example, if the disputed charge was for $300 and your balance on the credit card was for $400 and your payment to your bank was only $150, you can still seek a chargeback for the remaining $250 under the "claims and defenses" category. Unlike "billing errors," whatever you have paid the credit card issuer after the charge appears on your statement which brings the remaining balance below the cost of the charge you are disputing, is not recoverable.

Seems we now have only 30 days to dispute a situation with a merchant, or we have to make minimum payments and suffer 18%+ interest rates if we make a large purchase that we may be concernd about. Talk about screwing the consumer!

So now, companies like FEJ are even more treacherous to deal with!! YIKES !!!!!!
The buyer has almost no recourse!

Last edited by Airplanes400; 12-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

A few weeks back I received a call from citi cards fraud dept saying there were some charges on my card that were flagged. It ended up being 3 $300+ charges in the UK. Citi shut my card down and disputed the charges...end of story.
Vin...
Old 12-06-2013, 08:04 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by NoOneFlysAtMyClub
I don't fly turbines, buy I have to ask, how is it, that this company is still in business?
Ding Ding Ding!. You just asked the million dollar question. The answer is pretty easy IMO. It comes down to price, marketing scale models that no other mfr have modeled yet and making them look good(on the outside), and potential customers who think all the problems they read about won't happen to them. It's amazing that even with the internet and the amount of info that is out there within seconds, a company with this many issues continues to stay in business. Imagine how successful they could be if they addressed and remedied their problems.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Airplanes400

Vin, That's because those were fraud charges on your account. They are covered differently from purchases.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great response Jim!!!

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
I find it hard to muster up any empathy for you over this matter. You claimed that you researched FEJ and the jet. RCU was inundated with threads warning people about FEJ. Dubd's big F-14 had gone down due to flutter, Lukey's big F-18 darn near shook it's own ***** off and only lived another day due to a miracle save from Boli, and a couple of Hawks had blown their tails off (including a factory bird flown by one of the best pilots in the world), EDF Jim had opened up his stabs and shocked us with what was inside, there were threads counting the number of FEJ planes that had blown apart, the number of pipes that had blown apart, people being bribed to stay quiet, etc, etc etc

And you still bought a jet from them. Hmmm.

And now you have the gall to suggest that most of the contributors here have no jet ownership or flight experience and that we now all need to be informed by you of the risks.

Thank you for your public service thread.

Some of us have been warning people about FEJ for years. Case in point.....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-a7-fej-2.html posts #41 - #46. Yeah, it was a real big surprise when that wing blew off the A-7 at BITW. Yeah, a big surprise for the pilot maybe.

You did better than many. You've got a good engine, a potentially defective airplane, and questionable brakes all for $5000 + the duty on the engine. Many others have a half filled pizza box containing burnt fiberglass and some smoking crumpled ball of metal.

Sorry to hear about your troubles,

Jim
Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 AM
AndyAndrews

nm... lol.

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 12-06-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
side oiler
My Feedback: (24)

I see that there are short comings and customer dissatisfaction... but there are a lot of pilots that fly FEJ without any problems. I feel that the elevator flutter posts with the F-16 and F-18 can span many ARF kit manufactures, it needs to be dealt with correctly by the builder.(are there any of those type of people left out there????) The A-7 has many general structure flaws.. yes. As a builder and pilot you will have to deal with them. You get what you pay for, don't expect to add a power source and radio then away you go. Most of the aircraft flaws could be solved with just simple building techniques. People are getting lazy with this ARF label pasted on everything.

As for buying from FEJ directly, shame on you, this type of behavior spans most Chinese businesses from the knock off Carbon Fiber mountain bike frames to out our hobby as well. This is no secret, don't be dumb and then complain about it. There are several stocked FEJ jets here in the US, seek them out first. Buy it, inspect it, fix it, build it- then fly it.

Get tired of the cry babies out there... suck it up! Remember, these aren't 8 thousand dollar+ airframes here.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
AndyAndrews

Really? Name one person out there that flys or has flown FEJ without ANY problems.. I bet you can't. Also, your statement "it needs to be dealt with correctly by the builder.(are there any of those type of people left out there????) " is ridiculous and Soooo worn out. I love it how the people think that any builder can correct crap that is inherently flawed in design. How can a builder correct internal flaws in wings and stabs? This has been stated so many times I'm sick of saying it again.

The only way a builder could correct FEJ is to have them just send clam shells for wings and tail feathers, and a empty fuse shell. Then maybe it could be built properly.

Originally Posted by side oiler
I see that there are short comings and customer dissatisfaction... but there are a lot of pilots that fly FEJ without any problems. I feel that the elevator flutter posts with the F-16 and F-18 can span many ARF kit manufactures, it needs to be dealt with correctly by the builder.(are there any of those type of people left out there????) The A-7 has many general structure flaws.. yes. As a builder and pilot you will have to deal with them. You get what you pay for, don't expect to add a power source and radio then away you go. Most of the aircraft flaws could be solved with just simple building techniques. People are getting lazy with this ARF label pasted on everything.

As for buying from FEJ directly, shame on you, this type of behavior spans most Chinese businesses from the knock off Carbon Fiber mountain bike frames to out our hobby as well. This is no secret, don't be dumb and then complain about it. There are several stocked FEJ jets here in the US, seek them out first. Buy it, inspect it, fix it, build it- then fly it.

Get tired of the cry babies out there... suck it up! Remember, these aren't 8 thousand dollar+ airframes here.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
eastern

Question

The one person I have been waiting to hear from has been strangely silent, come on Sky and Johnny lets have your input on this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.